Reincarnation

By mallowmashton

REINCARNATION. (n) the rebirth of a soul in another body. -- In his previous life he didn't believe in fairy... More

Reincarnation / Prologue
01 / Don't Tell
02 / Memoir
03 / Take Me Home
04 / Eyes
05 / I Just Want To "Talk"
06 / Taxi
08 / Fish in the Sea
09 / Cold
10 / Ember
11 / Marion Leonhart
12 / Different
13 / Scheme
Outside Writing
14 / Drugged
15 / What Friends Are For
16 / Friend or Foe
17 / Friend or Foe (Part Two)
18 / Natalia Solo
19 / One Moment
20 / Era

07 / Trade

1.8K 128 159
By mallowmashton

daily drop:

what are your wattpad settings when you read? and also what theme? black, white, or brown?

mine is Baskerville to the smallest font, brown theme.

dedicated to @pickapebble 🌸

(to my fellow Blue-obsessed.)

07 / Trade

Harper / POV

"We can't go together. It's going to be fishy." I tell Alexander, who was already loading the bags into the back of his Ford.

He turns to me and raises his eyebrows. "You're being too paranoid."

"They're gonna think we're living together." I complained and he laughed.

"Because we are living together..?" He looked at me like I was stupid.

"No we're not..i'm just..we're.." I tilted my head and thought. "I'm renting a room." I said.

"Yea? With what money?" He smiles as he opens the door for me.

Right. I don't really have much money on me, and even if I did, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford it.

He closes the door and walks to the driver's seat.

"I'm just saying, I don't want to be a burden to you, okay." I tell him honestly, frowning while I do.

He turns the engine on. "Please, when were you ever?" He laughs and drives away.

"Letting Cassie and I stay in your house for free doesn't make me happy at all. It makes me feel like i'm leeching on you." I looked out the window.

"You're not, come on." He tries to comfort me. I roll my eyes.

"I'm serious, Alexander. From carpooling my sister, picking me up from work, beating Henry's ass, and letting us live in your house, and this stupid trip, I feel really horrendous because I can't pay you back for any of those."

I hear him sigh. "I'm not asking for a payment." He says and I can sense he was already getting so impatient with my stubbornness.

"You know what I mean." I tell him.

Then Melanie suddenly comes into mind. "Maybe I can stay over Melanie's." I blurt out.

"What? No." He says. I look over at him. "Dude, if I can convince her to let me rent a room, it would be in a much cheaper, and affordable price." I insisted.

"No way." He looks at me briefly before moving his eyes back on the road.

"Plus, she has a great aunt. I wouldn't mind having her aunt." I shrugged now that I actually thought about how caring her aunt is.

"Fine just pay me back if you feel so bad about staying in my house for free." He says.

"I can't, your toilet costs more than my apartment." I joked.

"Three dates." He shrugs.

I raised my eyebrows. "Three dates?"

"Go on three dates with me." He looks my way with a cheeky smile in his face.

I put one finger on his cheek and moved his face front, facing the road.

"Not a chance."

"Well would you rather pay?"

"Too expensive."

"So you pick three dates?" He laughs.

"I'm moving in with Melanie."

"If you move out i'm making you pay twice the price."

I snapped my head at his direction with a shocked expression on my face.

"You're cheating!" I punched his arm and he laughs.

"You never let me take you on a date!" He grins and I cross my arms over my chest.

"That's because you already drive me from Candy Caffeine everyday, what do you need a date for." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, so you're paying then."

"Alexander!" I complain.

"So three dates?"

"Fine!" I retort.

He shrugs, having a smug smile on his face, "Fine." He laughs.

Alexander / POV

I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. She glares at me.

"But just so we're clear—" She puts one finger up before speaking again, "No intentions or you're dead to me." She says.

I raised one hand from the steering wheel, "Agreed."

"Pssh." She rolls her eyes.

Harper's friend beams as she sees the car pull over Candy Caffeine. I impatiently tap my thumb on the steering wheel as Melanie picks her bag up and walks towards the car.

"Ow!" I put a hand over my forehead as Harper flicks it.

"What are you doing? Be a gentleman and take her bags!" She orders. "But you're her friend, you do it." I tell her.

"Fine." She huffs, unbuckling her seatbelt and hopping down the car.

I watched Harper as she hugs Melanie. They talked for a while before Harper looks over the bags on the floor.

She takes one and lifts it, and by the looks on her face it was a lot of work.

A soft laugh escapes my lips as I shook my head. I got out of the car and walked around to Harper.

"Give me that." I tell her, trying to take the bag from her.

"No thank you. I don't need your help." She says, obviously irritated.

I finally was able to take the bag off her grasp and carrying it.

"But you're such a little bean, I can't let you carry these." I teased.

I walked to the back of my car and Melanie catches up, opening the compartment.

Once the bags were loaded, I got into the driver's seat.

I was surprised to see Melanie take shotgun. Raising my eyebrows, I turned to look at the passenger seat and gave Harper a face.

"Give her a chance." She mouths and winks.

We drove away and started to head for the mountain resort.

"Thanks for letting me tag along, Alexander." Melanie's little voice filled the room.

Clearing my throat, I replied, "Sure. It's for Harper's birthday anyway."

From the rearview mirror, I see Harper adjusting and lying down, taking up the entire passenger seat. She pulled the hood over her head so it covers her eyes.

Psh, it's not like she can fall asleep. The voice in my head says.

My phone rings and I answer it.

"What is it?" I asked, it was Bosco.

"It seems that your parents are cancelling their visit over the weekend, Alexander." He says and I mentally roll my eyes. What's new?

"Good. Did they say why?" I asked.

"They are going to welcome and meet with the Leonharts. Your mother said no further about their visit." He informs.

"Thanks." I said and hung up.

"Who was that?" Melanie asks, I snapped my head to her direction, about to tell her it's none of her business. But the innocent look on her face just stopped me.

Plus, Harper's nagging voice is in my head. "Don't be rude to my friend!"

"His name's Bosco. He's like my personal assistant, a butler or a secretary, call it whatever you want." I said, only paying half of my attention as I dialed Clark.

"Have you arrived? Max is here." He says as soon as he answers.

One hand was on the steering wheel as I held the phone against my ear. "We're still on our way. Change of plans." I tell him.

"Extend our stay for three nights, the monsters cancelled on New York."

Third Person / POV

Peter Collins trembles as he puts his phone down. He knew he life was in danger, and he had to look for a way out.

He accidentally drops his phone on the ground as the door to his apartment bangs against the wall as it opens.

"S-Smokeye! I swear I'm going to pay you b-back!" Peter Collins stutters as he steps back.

Smokeye was the infamous loan shark. He's widely known for taking care of those who do not pay him what they owe.

The loan shark walks in with his right hand, Bulldog, who wears his golden tooth like a trophy. Bulldog earned his nickname from biting off the skin of his enemies, with the help of the sharpened gold incisors in his set of teeth.

"Beat him up." He orders Bulldog, who smirked at the command given by his boss. He takes a towel and shoves it into Peter's mouth, preventing his screams to be heard by the neighbors.

As Bulldog began to beat Harper's father to a pulp, Smokeye walks into the rooms, kicking the doors open.

He plays around with his knife, the smell of mint escaping his lips as he chews the gum.

When he stumbles upon a cream colored room. The room was basically empty except for a photo on the floor.

Smokeye puts the knife on his back pocket and bends down, taking the photo and examining it.

A photo of a woman, standing on her right side was a young lady.

A young lady that had caught Smokeye's interest—Harper.

He smugly smiles, standing up and walking to the living room.

"No no no." He clicks his tongue at Bulldog. "I said beat him, not kill him." He sarcastically laughs, slowly walking towards Peter, whose face was already starting to swell from the impact of Bulldog's fists.

Peter whimpers as Smokeye takes him by the collar and stands him up against the wall. Peter holds the nearest shelf to support himself.

Smokeye brings the photo to Peter's face. He points. "This girl—"

"Take her!" Peter blurts. "You—you can have my daughter!" He cries, sending a smirk to Smokeye's face.

"Her—her name is Harper. H-her friend took all her things. You can take Harper. Take my d-daughter! Just don't kill me—please!" Peter begs, falling on his knees as he clutches the material of Smokeye's clothes.

"Don't kill me..." He whimpers, his forehead down on Smokeye's shoes, begging for mercy.  

- ✽ -

REINCARNATION: CLARK HUNT (Trailer) UP ON MEDIA.

Is anyone still even reading this story? Hahaha. 

If you're a ninja reader, please say hi :') it makes me happy. 

If you've been here since Heir & Heiress and Mafia, hello to you and thank you so much. You're my favorite kind of person. 

To those who leave comments, I love you. To those who spam comments, I love you twice. To those who leave long ass comments, I love you thrice. To those who vote, I love you too. 

Thank you for giving this story a chance!

I love you, be kind, stay inspired. 

Johanna. 

👻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 683 24
What if Lovely Princess Athanasia was reincarnated. What if this time Claude loves her. WARNING __________ 1) Cursing. 2 ) Bad Grammer. 3) Bad punctu...
8.5K 354 29
Siri Walker is a 26 year old woman and a lawyer. She is an orphan and lives in New York. One day after winning a case she was returning home with her...
139K 4.3K 32
On the coldest night of the coldest months of the year, a Rose bloomed in the icy Knight's household ... A flower she is ... And a flower she was nam...
156K 4.7K 32
This story will not be continued anymore, And for me this sucks... imma try to make a new version of this but a bit different and have the MC be Male...