My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digge...

By NSTSiYA

[TIAOM COMPLETE] She is not a sly neither a play girl. In fact, she is just an ordinary poor girl who is so... More

1. That Girl
2. Pie's Mission
3. Rendezvous
4. Meet Jittaleela
5. A Day With Ms.Gold Digger
6. Our Engagement
7. Building Up Understanding
8. Personal Assistant
9. A Rival
10. Jealousy?
11. HATE YOU!
12. Of Three Ladies
13. Torn Inside
14. Pie oh Pie
15. The Stolen Kiss
16. Don't Hate Me
17. Embracing The Love
18. The Pillow Talk
19. Won't Hurt You
20. Hurtful Refusal
21. Believe
22. A 'Deathly' Fight
23. Pie in Danger
24. Kim
25. The Conundrum of an Old Picture
26. I Miss You
27. Goodbye Kim
28. A Vacation To Go
29. To The Far-Far Away Kingdom
30. London; Day 1
31. London; Day 2
32. London; Day 3
33. London; Day 4
34. London; Day 5
35. London; Day 6
36. Back to Basic
37. Friend to a Foe
38. The Real Foe
39. The New Beginning
40. Shaping the Future
41. Promise Ring
42. The Bridesmaid
43. A Little Escape to Celebrate
PROMO ALERT

Finale: It isn't an ordinary photo shoot!

5.3K 164 45
By NSTSiYA

A year later...

Pie Mindara

I jumped out of my bed when I realize that Kim wasn't by my side. This wasn't how my morning supposed to start. Where's she? I descended the stairs quickly, mentally wishing that she would be downstairs. The sight before me was such a relief. She was at the living room, slouching down in the couch to her comfort while reading the magazine.

"Good morning." Kim looked up at me and I took the opportunity to kiss her. She tasted like mint.

"Good morning." She responded awhile later.

"I thought you have left." I hated the feeling of being clingy in the morning. Kim glanced at me for a brief second just to shake her head and continue to read the magazine. What's so interesting about the it though?

"I can't go out with paparazzi lurking around the house like shadows." Kim stated and it came to my alert that I hastily peeked from behind the curtains for a look. God! I can't believe it that the paparazzi were outside for real. They wouldn't give me a break.

"I can't believe this?" I groaned loudly and paced back to the couch. They were giving me headache. Why can't they let me live in peace even just for a day?

"Rumours spread like wildfire, isn't it?" Kim queried, not even averting her eyes from her reading material. It took me awhile to digest her mean when I noticed that she's reading the gossip magazine. Oh my goodness! Kim did figure out the gossip between me and Nadech Kugimiya. A year has passed and the drama that we worked together has become a popular show on the TV. The fans seemed to extremely love us that they started to 'ship' us like mad. They wished to see us as a couple for real but we both know it was just for a screenplay. That's where the speculation began. Some said we have our relationship in hide, some even said I stole him from his girlfriend and many more. Guess what? I wasn't known for my runway work instead my name was shooting up as an actress; a new actress with hot gossips.

"Don't read it." I snatched the magazine from Kim and hid in under the coffee table. She raised both of her hands, surrender. I disliked the idea that her mind would be poisoned by the rumours which were obviously untrue. Though she never really complained about anything, it still scared the hell out of me that someday she would freak out. Kim grabbed another magazine and flipped it open to her interest. It has me as the cover girl. P'Boy made me keep every copy which has me in it. He said each of the masterpieces was my sweet memory.

"You look good in this dress." She showed me the page and smiled to her satisfaction with the sight. "You're beautiful." She complimented. I let her drown in her own amazement. I would make us some coffee. That's what I need right now to ease my headache.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked her as I rose on my feet.

"Yes please." Kim nodded, again didn't even care to look at me. Hey! I'm real here that she can look at me instead of the pictures. Shush! Go ahead and kiss those pictures of mine.

Awhile later I returned to the living room with two mugs of coffees in my hand. I handed one to Kim and slouched down next to her. "I don't like these pictures." She complained as she sipped the coffee. "You are too exposed and way too sexy." She closed the magazine and put it on the table irritably.

"I'm just doing my job." I shrugged.

"I hate it when the thought of any other people out there drooling to see you like that." She grunted softly as she threw her gaze aimlessly at a distance. My Kimhan is too cute.

"Well, you can shake it off." I nudged her by the ribs. "You have a fresh view here." I winked my eyes flirtatiously. Kim eyed me for a moment and I saw that her face lit up in delight. The neck of my oversized shirt went off to one shoulder, exposing my silky skin. She trailed light kisses around my shoulder that her action made me giggle.

"Don't make me drag you back to the bedroom." I pushed her away gently and she gave me a scowl look. To ease her feeling, I leaned in for a kiss.

"You tasted like coffee." She grinned once our lips parted. Silly Kim. Of course it was. We drank the coffee. At least she didn't know I haven't brush my teeth. Sorry Kim.

"I'm getting tired of these rumours and gossips." I rested my head on her shoulder. Kim slipped a hand around my waist and pulled me to a closer distance to her. "They should have known that I'm taken." A heavy sigh escaped from my parted lips.

"You wanted it not to be known." Kim responded. "And I'm cool with it." She added, seeming none affected by anything. I was more than grateful to have such understanding lover like Kim. She made everything easier for me and most importantly, she has always been my biggest supporter.

"Let's get married, Kim?" I turned to look at her at any instant. The idea popped up in my mind out of sudden that it felt like I have found the best resolution to my problem. "Let's get married and create another rumour!" I exclaimed. "At least the gossip is about me and you." Kim gazed at me with an expressionless face; neither agreed with me nor objected the idea.

"I don't care what they would think about me. I might lose my career and people will hate or disgust of me for my entire life but I just don't really care. We can go away from here, settle down in peace to somewhere only we know and live happily ever after!" I told her enthusiastically. Again, I caught Kim gazed at me with such a blank expression. What did she have in her mind?

"Okay." It was all her response to me after what I have told her. I wondered if she was just not in the mood or she was surprised by my words but she looked different by now. I guessed I would just put this thing aside. Let's not mess the morning which has already being ruined by the paparazzi.

********

P'Boy has always been on time and that's what I loved about his dedication to his work. Today after it seemed like forever, I got an offer for a photo shoot. It's one of unusual deal because it's about wedding garments. I found it interesting because it's my first time of having such theme. When I descended the stairs, I saw him talking to Kim heatedly but I couldn't hear any voices from them. I wondered what they were discussing in secrecy. It seemed important.

"I'm done." I acknowledged him and they both seemed startled with my presence.

P'Boy took a glance at his wristwatch and eyed me for a moment. "Let's go." He said and rose from his feet like he has spring on his butt.

I walked to Kim and she rose on her feet at any instant she realized what was going to occur. She didn't question anything when I engulfed her into my embrace. "Take care." That's all she said as I loosened my hug.

"Where's my kiss?" I pouted and Kim seemed taken aback by her own carelessness.

"Oh I'm sorry. You look extremely gorgeous today that I forgot almost everything." She covered up and leaned down to kiss me passionately. Wow. This wasn't the usual kiss. I could feel her emotion transmitted to my whole being when she pressed her lips to mine.

"What's with the kiss?" I gasped when our lips parted. Like I have mentioned earlier, it was unusual.

"Nothing." She let out a soft chuckle. "I love you." I knew she really meant it because when she spoke to me, her eyes penetrated to mine in the most tender way she could ever expressed. I wondered what has gone weird in her today.

"I'll see you later." My heart felt strange that I don't want to separate from her. I hate this feeling because my mind started to race to unpleasant thought. "I love you."

"Take care." She released my hand as I began to walk, trailing behind P'Boy. I glanced over my shoulder again before I closed the door behind me. Kim just smiled at me from the distance. Why everything felt so strange?

**********

"I want it to be perfect, okay?" P'Boy spoke to the makeup artist. "Hey be careful with her hair." He slapped her hand in warn as I saw it through the reflection of the mirror. I didn't see that she do anything wrong anyway. P'Boy was just exaggerating.

"Yes. Yes. Take it here." He said to the crew as if his welcoming the whole closet into the room.

"You are so beautiful Ms. Pie. The one who would pair up with you must be so lucky." My makeup artist complimented to her admiration. I only communicated with her through the reflection of the mirror as I smiled back showing my sign of gratitude for her praises. "This is your big day. You must be nervous and happy at the same time." She said and I was all confused with her statement.

I was about to ask what she meant with the 'big day' when P'Boy came again to my side. He looked at me with a huge grin on his face. "Let's get you dressed." He informed and my makeup artist applied her last touch on my face. Why was the aura around here felt completely strange? The happiness and good mood which hung in the air felt different.

"Woah!" I stepped back as I scrutinized the bridal gown in front of me. It was very familiar. I thought I was wrong but this gown looked exactly like one which I supposed to wear on my 'called off' wedding with Kim a year ago.

"What's with the woah?" P'Boy held me on my shoulders as he eyed the gown from edge to edge. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" He queried with his eyes sparkling so bright to the sight that lay in front of us.

"This..." I chewed on my bottom lips before I tried to talk to P'Boy.

"This is a glamorous and exquisite bridal gown, I know." He cut me before I could explain the thing to him. That was not what I mean. I want to tell him something else. "Now, go and wear it with the help of the maids. Tell them to hurry up and I'll be waiting outside." He pushed me into a space covered with curtains. This would be the changing room I guess. It's fine for me as long as no one see me changing. Once I entered the changing space, two young ladies bowed down to me as if they were just seeing a royal. Their presence creep me out. Oh, I forgot that P'Boy tell me that these maids were here help me.

Awhile later, I stepped out from the room fully garbed in this beautiful white wedding gown. Though I was getting used to wear high heels, I took attentive steps as I walked carefully to P'Boy's direction. He was waiting for me, unexpectedly dressed in his black suit. When did he get the time to get change? The things happened around me were getting odd. I could sense something bizarre but I couldn't tell what it was. Perhaps it was just my feeling but my mind kept telling me that this photo shoot wasn't going to be an ordinary photo session for a magazine or what not.

"P'Boy, what are we going to do now?" I called him for his attention.

The moment he turned around to look at me was the funniest split second where I caught he gaped to his wonderment. He gazed at me as if he has never seen me as Pie Mindara. "Oh God!" He patted his cheeks in disbelief. "My manly soul is shaking." He made me chuckled with his reaction.

"Do I look good?" I twirled around to show him my whole figure in the gown. It fitted me perfectly. It wasn't a surprise if it's my size. This gown might come from Jovian's collection and if it's true, this gown was really mine.

"Of course you are." P'Boy took out his phone and captured a photo of me. "You're the brightest bride of the day." He said in his low voice but it turned out so clear to me.

"Excuse me?" I opened my mouth to ask him question but then he cut me again.

"Let's get going now." He said hastily. "To the set." He informed as he beckoned me to a direction. I thought we were going to have the photo shoot here?

It didn't take that long when the car pulled up in front of a chapel at the outskirt of town. It really surprised me because we would have the most realistic setting for the photo shoot. I threw my gaze around the area. Cars were parked in well ordered arrangement at the either side of the small road. I was being too positive in it when I presumed that the cars belonged to the crews. Before I got out of the car, P'Boy handed me a bouquet of flower. I took it without hesitation because it's what I need if I were about to shoot for a 'wedding'. It made me think who would be my bridegroom. Kim might freak out if she figured out about this. She might dislike the idea. Let's say that I wished this session wouldn't take too long. I want to go home and spend the rest of the day with Kim.

P'Boy assisted me as we walked down the pavement leading to the entrance of the chapel. He stopped me right in front of the huge door before another man came to greet me. My eyes nearly popped out from its socket at the very moment I saw the figure that stood right in front of me. This was just getting unbelievable. "PAPA!" I gasped nearly screaming as his figure was being translated by my mind as Kimhan's father.

"Oh hi Pie." He smiled at me while taking my hand to his left arm so that I could clutch my hand there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still couldn't believe my eyes.

"I'm here as the supporting character." He said without missing a beat. "Mario asked me to come here." It still couldn't convince me. "To cut the cost." He added, forcing a laugh.

"Shall we move now?" He asked to me and I nodded at him. My mind began to race, thinking about any possibilities for this weird day. First, I had my wedding gown and now, there's Mr. Jittaleela on the set. What would come next?

The huge and heavy door creaked opened slowly and it reached to my hearing that the organ started to play the bridal chorus which I often hear at any wedding occasion. It welcomed both of us with its glorious melody. My heart was beating too fast that I couldn't concentrate with what's happening. Mr. Jittaleela walked me down the long aisle and my suspicious grew stronger. "Papa, what's the purpose of the music anyway? It's not that the sound can be captured into the pictures." I asked, curious.

He chuckled upon hearing me and only answered the question awhile later. "It's recorded as well." He stated. Recorded? Did he try to pull my leg?

I brushed my gaze around the chapel briefly. The benches were occupied with the guests and it surprised me again when I caught the figures of Kim's relatives and my closed friends. Focusing to the one that smiled widely at me, I noticed she's Yam. Seated on her left was my sister, waving her hand excitedly as my eyes met her. What were they doing here for real?

"Papa..." I called him but he cut me first.

"Smile for the cameras, Pie." And with that, the flashes from the cameras blinded me momentarily.

I grew more nervous as we paced further down the aisle, this wasn't an ordinary photo shoot I knew it. The sudden realization struck me as I focused my sight to the end of the aisle. We were getting closer to it but I didn't see anyone waiting for me. Just when I thought my suspicion wasn't true, a very familiar figure stepped onto the stage anticipating my arrival.

"What... what is she doing here?" I tore my gaze away and demanded an explanation from Mr. Jittaleela. I knew he kept something I didn't know.

He turned to look at me with a meaningful smile. "She's the main character for this photo shoot." He told me. "No, Let me rephrase that; both of you are the main characters for this special photo shoot." He corrected.

After somewhat it felt like eternity, we finally reached the end of the aisle. Mr. Jittaleela assisted me until I was able to stand on the stage, facing my partner for the day. She was facing me with a tense smile. She looked nervous herself. I have never seen her that anxious.

"Pie..." She called me with all her nervousness. I didn't say a word to her and waited for her to speak.

"Ww...Wil..." She stuttered.

"What?" I snapped at her but manage to control it in a low voice.

She seemed taken aback with it when she suddenly said it out loud that everyone in the chapel could hear her. "Will you marry me?" Her voice echoed through the silent hall.

My heart skipped many beats nearly send me to the edge of dying. My intuition was true; this wasn't an ordinary photo shoot session for a magazine or documentary. It's a wedding for real.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace." Kim said with a singsong tone and grinned at me with her foolish smile.

"You intend to do it this way so that I can't say no to you, don't you?" I took a step closer, talking to Kim with the volume which could only be heard by her. We stood there, staring into each other's eyes for the longest seconds.

After it somewhat seemed forever, Kim took a step backward, turned to face and brushed her gaze to the guests. "She doesn't want to continue this." There, the guests gasped, horrified with it and I was all dumbfounded with what she told to the guests.

"What?" I pulled Kim by her tie that she nearly stumbled on her feet because of my sudden act. "I haven't said anything, yet." I groaned to my annoyance.

The guests began to whisper among themselves as they witnessed the drama we have been playing on the stage. How could Kim say such thing when I haven't done talking to her? It's time for me to calm everyone in the room as I spoke to the preacher with a loud and clear voice. "Let's get this done very quickly." I dragged Kim along with me and at any instant facing him with my wholehearted readiness.

The rest of the things that took place sent me to the verge of believing and not to believe at all. We exchanged the vows and followed by the ring. The next moment I knew, Kim was kissing me passionately that I couldn't remember people were watching us. As we twisted around, hand in hand and faced the guests again, they began to shower us with their lively applause. I only realized that I was crying when Kim brushed her thumb across my cheek and wiped the tears away. I wasn't crying my heart out because of my sadness instead they were the joy which I couldn't express it through my words. Kim, P'Boy and all of my closest friends have been arranging this day for me without my acknowledgement. It seemed like I was forced to do it but, nevertheless, I have never regret my decision. It was pretty difficult to take it all at once but I'm legally wedded to the one I loved, Kimhan Jittaleela.

"We made it, huh?" Kim nudged me playfully and all I could do was nodding at her. She draped an arm around my waist and drew me to a closer distance for a kiss on the forehead. My Kimhan would always be the sweetest lover of all.

"Don't think that you're all safe." I whispered to her as we began to walk down the aisle again, returning our gesture of gratitude to the guests for their presence on our big day.

"What have I done again?" Kim glanced at me once and then turned to greet the guests with her smile.

"This. You were doing it without telling me first." I told her. I have the right to get mad at her. She could have just informed me about it.

Kim stopped on her track abruptly that her sudden act startled me. "But this is what you wished for. Don't you remember?" She responded. My mind travelled back in time to see the truth in her saying and it finally ended to the moment where I talked to her about the gossips which have been stressing me out. I have never thought that she took it seriously because she seemed indifferent with the idea.

"Pie!" Yam approached me and Kim. I gazed at Kim with 'we are not yet done with this' look and then shifted my attention to my best friend again.

"Congratulations!" She squealed as she leaned her whole weight to my form when she hugged me. "Both of you look so gorgeous. It felt like I was watching a magical royal's wedding." She told us, daydreaming.

"Thank you, Yam." I said to her. "Well, you look pretty too." I twirled her around to see the dress which wrapped around her form perfectly. Her height added the credit to her outlook as the dress hung just fine to her frame.

"She's such a noise." My sister Hongyok interrupted. She beamed when she looked at me and I welcomed her with a hug. Stood next to her was her lover, Nan. She didn't look bad herself in the suit. Nan ended up talking to Kim. It dawned on me that I haven't seen both of them for a quite long time.

"You don't know how distracting it was to have her by my side along the ceremony." My sister complained. Yam looked at her with a scowl but ended up laughing to her amusement when my sister rolled her eyes at her.

"I was just excited for my best friend." Yam reasoned. "Don't you feel happy for your sister?" She nudged my sister but it turned out that the latter ignored her.

"I can't wait for tonight. It would be the best night ever." My sister twisted to look at both of Kim and me. She was anticipating for the wedding reception. If Kim has not changed anything about the original plan which has been postponed about a year ago, I think I knew what's going to take place tonight.

"Did I miss something here?" I narrowed my eyes at Kim, demanding her to tell me the flow. She shook her head immediately but then, my best friend seemed to spoil the white lie.

"Kim has a surprise for you!" Yam jumped and that's when all eyes glared at her. My sister shut Yam's mouth at any instant and dragged her away from eyes. I turned to look at Kim but she has already gone to meet the other guests. There she went, escaping herself from me. As I stood there, staring at her from the distance, a few of the guests eyed me as if they have just realized I was the bride of the day. I inhaled deeply, welcoming them as they greeted me. Though I was talking to them, my thought wandered to what would be going later at the reception ceremony. I told myself that I have to prepare for the thing which was obliviously coming without my acknowledgement.

********

I went to the balcony and took a peek down to the road where I saw various vehicles began to enter the mansion area. The view from the third floor of this mansion made it easier for me to see each of the guests whom getting out of their luxurious car. The scenery around the place made me feel like it was a setting for a fairytale royal's ball. The only element which made it different was they were not coming with the horse – drawn carriage. I went inside when the huge and heavy door of the room creaked open. My sister came in with a box in her hand.

"Can I go out now?" I asked her, getting bored to wait here in the room all alone. They forbid me from going out of the room since I entered it to get dressed.

"No. Not yet." She shook a finger and walked further into the room. "I bring you something." She said, opening the box and presented it to be.

I saw... "A pair of gloves...?" She nodded with a smile.

"P'Kim told me that you need it." She informed and handed the gloves to me. I could tell that it wasn't an ordinary pair of gloves. The exquisite and rare designed confirmed it.

"Can anyone tell me what's going on here?" I took it and surprised by the material which it has been made. It felt comfortable.

"You'll know it sooner." My sister said, still didn't want to divulge a thing about this occasion. "Don't worry, it's nothing weird neither bizarre." She assured it to me when I threw her a perplexing look.

"I'm so happy for you, P." My sister spoke out of sudden. "You are the luckiest woman in the world. Mom would be so glad for you too." Hearing her talking about my late mother saddened me. My sister tucked a stray hair behind my ear and let out a long breath. She was probably pondering something when she stared at me but her mind wasn't really here.

A knock on the door interrupted us. A second later, Fern entered the room and trailed behind her was Tavee. I haven't seen them much today and their sudden missing in action would probably associate to this reception preparation.

"Pie, are you done?" Fern asked as she walked closer to us. Tavee took in charge to check my whole appearance.

"I have been waiting here like forever." I complained to her and all she returned to me was a silly grin.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Let's get going now." She held out her hand to me and took it without hesitation. I didn't really like the idea of them, letting me to keep wondering and the next thing I knew I was all surprised with what have they done and at the end it felt like I was having an acute heart attack because of everything. I understood that Kim has always wanted to make me feel special in every way she could but... never mind. Let's get along with the flow.

I descended the grand stairs and just like what Mrs. Jittaleela has ever visualized it to me, the guests seemed to be hypnotized by my presence when none of them tore their gazes away from me. Their genuine wonderment made me flushed and I grew nervous with each of my steps. The three ladies trailed after me assisting my movement. At least, their presence with me here made me less anxious. My peripheral vision started to look for Kim. It only came to my disappointment when she was nowhere to be seen. When I reached the last staircase, the lights suddenly went out. The pitch dark blinded me and I heard a loud gasped from the guests for the sudden darkness. My attention was distracted when I noticed that my gloves were glowing. Their fluorescent blue illuminated the darkness. Then it dawned on me that this was created for purpose. My guessing was true when I heard a voice echoed through the hall. The more I paid attention to it, the more it came to my realization that it was Kim's voice. She was about to serenade me with a love song.

Suddenly, a bright light fell on me causing myself to be the main attraction in the dark surrounding. To tell that I wasn't impressed was a huge lie. What a gimmick for an opening.

Some day, when I'm awfully low,

When the world is cold,

I will feel a glow just thinking of you

And the way you look tonight.

I sensed that Kim was coming to me but I hardly saw anything in the pitch darkness of the surrounding. The sound of the footfalls was getting nearer and I knew Kim might have standing right in around of me. I searched for her, wandering my gaze around but I failed to locate her.

You're lovely, with your smile so warm

And your cheeks so soft,

There is nothing for me but to love you,

And the way you look tonight.

The next thing I knew, someone grabbed my hand. A smile crept on my lips when I figured out that it was Kim's.

"Say the magical words to break the spell." She said. What words? I seriously have no idea of what she was talking about. If it was meant to pull my leg, it was seriously not funny.

"Ugh, I have no idea of what it is." I told her truthfully.

"Think of the thing that makes your life brighter. It is a phrase consists of three words which capable to enlighten your days and nights." She hinted.

"I love you?" I guessed and boomed the surrounding turned bright again. I did mentally laugh because of it. She never failed to make my day.

"You made it." Kim spoke and I couldn't help to giggle along with her when she started to chuckle. I tore my gaze away from her for awhile just to find both of us were basically the centre of attraction. The guests surrounded us in a big circle.

"Surprise me more?" Kim giggled upon hearing me. She held her hand in the air and that's when a relaxing song filled the air.

"May I?" She reached out a hand to me, asking permission for a dance. This was it; our first dance. I wasn't expecting it to be too soon but Kim knew best with her plan. I remembered the night we spent on the cruise boat in London. We used to dance but that didn't mean we have a complete idea of how it would be going. Kim led me to the centre of the hall and if I have just experienced it yesterday I placed a hand to her shoulder while she held me close by the waist.

Everything seemed to cease from exist as she led me around, twirling and swaying along with the music. I spent most of the time, lost in her gaze. Brown eyes peaking through dark lashes penetrating into my eyes in a way I have become so familiar with.

"Do you know that you are so beautiful?" She asked, tilting her head against mine that our forehead touched.

"The first time I met you, you told me I was ugly." Kim's eyebrows arched slowly as she took long enough to recall the chain of events in the past.

"I did." She finally nodded. "Actually you don't." She laughed softly. "I wish I could turn back the clock. I'd find you sooner and made it all right from the beginning." She breathed in deeply before an involuntary sigh escaped from her parted lips.

"Sometimes you just have to have faith in fate, Kim." I told her. "It's what has brought us together, no matter what is was and how it started." She gazed at me with a slight nod.

"And here we are; sealing our fate with the choices we make." She whispered. That's it. I have chosen her and I would always choose her over and over and over.

******

We were all seated, enjoying the grand dinner, rejoiced with the presence of the whole family members and best friends. Year has changed and it dawned on me that all of us have grown closer to each other as a huge family. I have finally realized that the love of family and the admiration of friends are much more important than wealth and privilege. They showed me that the bond which links a true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. I'm thankful to God for giving me a chance to come across them in this lifetime. I'm grateful for the thing I thought it was nearly impossible for me to have.

The ladies broke into laughter when P'Boy cracked a joke. His sense of humour never failed to entertain everybody. It finally came to a stage where he began to challenge them. He asked; how do you write July 7th in five letters. Zee recoiled at any instant that it was impossible while Tavee held her hands up in surrender. Yam was thinking hard to get the answer whereas my sister seemed to get no clue at all. P'Boy shifted his gaze to the eldest; they gave him a shrug as their answer. Gazing to Mario and Fern at the other side of the table, they were discussing about it seriously as if it was a big matter. Finally, P'Boy turned to look at me and Kim. His lips curled up into a smirk as he expected we couldn't answer it too.

"What?" Kim retorted when P'Boy shot her a look. "I have no idea about it at all." Kim groaned when P'Boy laughed at her.

"It's TODAY." I shot while taking a sip of my drink. P'Boy's head whipped to my direction at any instant he heard me. Kim did a double take and everyone else eyed me as if I have committed something wrong to them. "The answer is TODAY." I repeated. "T. O. D. A. Y." I even spelled it for them. "Today is July 7th, so you can write it as TODAY. Isn't it consisting of five letters?" I tried to explain to everyone and shrugged when no one responded to me. They didn't get it.

"Well, Pie is correct." P'Boy got their attention again. "Never mind, perhaps everyone is getting tipsy to think well." He laughed with his own words.

"Let's we moved to the most important part of the night." He said returned to his seat.

Kim rose from her seat and everybody including me was all distracted with her sudden action. "It's nothing really special anyway. I just want to give my wedding present to Pie." She told them and peeked down to look at me. Awhile later, the helper handed her a small container together with an envelope which appeared too mysterious for me. There were too many possibilities for me to guess what the gifts were. It made me thrilled and scared at the same time.

"You have to take a look at this first." Kim handed the container to me. "Open it." She prompted when she noticed I hesitated.

There was a button on the container which can be pushed to unlock it. I'd carefully opened the lid and took out the content out of the container. It was being placed in a transparent plastic bag. I wasn't too dumb to not know what was it but it was hard to believe that the thing was a used pregnancy test kit which obviously showed a positive result.

"Explain." I demanded, confused all over.

"Well, I have been thinking that it's good to have a new family member in our family." Kim began. "So, I went to see the expert a few months ago to deal with it. Since you're in the midst of your glorious period of being a successful model and actress, I presumed you would always want to keep yourself in a good shape." She said long and I grew impatient because she kept dragging things.

"Spit it out Kim." I cut her before she further her long talk.

"We are going to welcome our baby in the next eight months." Kim exclaimed. It was pretty difficult for me to digest everything she told me and it was more confusing when everything seemed to not make any sense at all. If we were going to have a baby, who would ever bear the child? It didn't took me long to sort it out as my head whipped to Kim the second I perceived the hint.

"Is this yours?" I asked, nearly shrieked in terror as I took a look at the pregnancy test kit again. Kim nodded at me and I felt half of my soul flew away from my body, leaving myself feeble and weak.

"Wh... what and how?" I rose from my seat hastily. Uneasy feeling settled at the pit of my stomach, making me frown. "You don't even discuss it with me. It's your decision, not ours." I didn't mean to make a scene but Kim has gone way too much. Everything that happened to me was too much that it was unbearable. It acceptable for the sudden wedding but it was highly unbelievable when she decided to have a child without my agreement. She was selfish.

"Hey, relax. It's me who's going to carry the baby." She tried to reach for me but I stepped away from her. Tears welled up at the corner of my eyes. She didn't even think about me when she made the decision and now, on the eyes of everyone, I appeared to be the horrible wife who refused to have child in this marriage life.

"You should at least discuss it with me." My mind was in mess. I didn't say I don't want a child but it was too soon to have one. Kim was giving me headache. She made everything difficult for me.

"Perhaps the second gift can ease your feeling." Kim said as she hurriedly slipped the envelope into my hand. I didn't want to look to anything anymore. It might give me another wave of headache.

"Let me open it for you." Kim took the envelope and a split second later, she passed the piece of paper in it to me.

I scanned briefly the content of the letter. It read; IT WAS JUST A PRANK. HERE'S YOUR REAL WEDDING GIFT. Kim showed me another envelope. I tore it open immediately. It was the ticket for Europe tour for our honeymoon. Everyone who has been witnessing the scene broke into laughter. They were obliviously part of this prank. It was such embarrassing that I freaked out and fretted about the unexpected news. However, it came to my relief to know that it wasn't true. Well, at least we were not anticipating having a child too soon.

"That wasn't funny." I growled to my annoyance. "Where did you get the test kit?" I asked, curious.

"It's Fern's. We are going to welcome a new family member soon, anyway." Kim said casually. My eyes eventually averted to Fern and saw she smiled at me while nodding her yes. Perhaps I was the last person to know about the good news again but only God knew how happy I was for them.

"We want a grandchild from both of you too, Kim and Pie." Mr. Jittaleela interjected. I grew anxious. "But we'll let you to decide." He added just to make it clear that he wasn't forcing us for it.

"Well, let's cheers for Kim and Pie." P'Boy took in action as he held his glass up in the air.

"For the love of Kim and Pie!" Their cheerfulness echoed through the hall.

The others were dancing on the floor while Kim and I decided to sit around the corner and watched them enjoying the night. Today has gone very well that I felt content with everything Kim made for me. She has and always been an amazing person. We were deep in our light conversation when suddenly an idea popped in my mind. Let's return the tease.

"Kim..." I called her, running a finger through her sleeve gently. She glanced at me arching an eyebrow as to hint to me to speak instead of letting her to guess about thing.

"I have a request." Her eyes widened as if it was too shock for her to listen to me. "I know we have just ordered and booked for a new Lamborghini for me last month." Yes, I made Kim bought me one because I didn't have my own car. "But... I was thinking of the real gift for our wedding instead of the honeymoon to Europe. It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate it but... I was wishing that I could have this one thing." Kim seemed to get prepared with all possibilities which might come out from my mouth when she leaned her back to the chair, inhaling deeply as to compose herself.

"Can I have a Ferrari?" Kim fell from her chair at any instant I uttered my request. She startled me that I have to muffle my own scream. We couldn't make a scene again. I help her to get up.

"My head hurts." Kim muttered, massaging her temple constantly. "What was your request again? A Ferrari?" She queried and I nodded ardently because she eventually remembered it.

"I'm not even using the Ferrari, Pie." Kim said. "We have made the purchase and your Lamborghini will be arriving soon." Kim reminded me. "We don't need the Ferrari, okay?" She added and I knew she refused to get me one.

"There you go, being stingy with me again." I scowled. "Didn't you say that you can get me the whole world before? Now that I'm your wife, you can't even grant me my dream car?" Kim threw her gaze nowhere but me; looking conflicted herself. She sighed heavily and dropped her head, moving one hand to rub at her brow.

"Kimmy..." I tilted up her chin until she was looking at me again. "Are you alright?" A naughty grin spread across my lips.

Kim inhaled deeply once again before she took my hands in hers. "With all my love to you, I Kimhan Jittaleela promise you, Pie Mindara to get you your dream car by working hard day and night. I dedicate my whole life to you as to make you the happiest woman in the world." She said her pledge and I couldn't help myself of not laughing to my amusement. Only if she knew I was joking about it but, it wasn't wrong to take an advantage on my own wife, right?

To ease her feeling, I leaned closer to her, sealing her lips with mine. Though she was enjoying the kiss, I heard she murmured something in between her breath which caused me to burst out laughing. I guessed this 'words of endearment' would stick with me forever. It's the thing which has brought us to meet and be bound together until now. Kim said, "After all, my sweetheart is still a gold digger."

~THE END~

#Author's Note

Trust me; it is the end of the story. Thank you for reading, voting and being patient with me. Million thanks to those who have been supporting all my works. I love you guys and thank you again. I apologize for any of inconvenience of the story. It may and may not satisfy all of you in certain aspect and parts but I have tried my best to work on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 10.5K 36
(TeacherxStudent)"I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't find you attractive." "But you said you only were with him because he begged you and if he...
125K 6.6K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
86.4K 1.9K 46
in my story "never missed second chances" aom and tina has given a chance to express their true feelings for each other. now in this next story.. the...
46.3K 1.5K 41
a story about the second wife's daughter and the original daughter which lives together in one house.after the marriage of her dad and the second wif...