Forever & Always

By paarri

Narmada and Rekha are friends back when they studied together in Bangalore. But, after their graduation, Narm... More

Prologue
meet Narmada and Udhay
Shopping in Mall
Rejected
Rekha
It's her!
What's going on ?
messing with him
I like Udhay
She likes him!
Mom left me
Engaged
The talk
Kidnapped
married to Udhay
learning the truth
Udhay's sudden Change
wicked brother

Much needed Talk with Rekha

589 44 87
By paarri

Narmada's POV:

After seeing Rekha, I couldn't even sit down in the office and concentrate on my work. I just can't bring myself to have a piece of mind. I meet her after five long years. Yet, I can't talk properly with her. To my bad luck, Brinda called sick and took leave. Has she's been here, I would've atleast had someone to share this news.
I called Brinda to ask her about how she's doing. But her mobile is not reachable.
Around 3 pm,
" hey, someone is waiting to see you. " my office receptionist told me through intercom.
I thought it might be Rekha and went to the waiting area only to realize it's Shiva.
" hi, Shiva" I greeted nevertheless hiding my disappointment.
" hi, you doesn't looks happy to see me here." he stated the obvious. But I can't tell him that.
" no, it's just work. " I replied ,putting on my fake smile.
" if you're free, shall we go to cafeteria?" he asks me. Before I could refuse, " please ,please , please, just 15 minutes" he pleaded me ,causing the receptionist to giggle.
" ok, fine. But just 15 minutes." I said firmly.
We went to the cafeteria and took our seats . While I am done drinking my coffee, " so, tell me what happened? Why are you living here that too in a small rented house? Where is your father? " He enquired me as if he's a cop.
Hearing those words, my anger grew.
" that's none of your business, Shiva. You're crossing your limits. How dare you question me? Whatever it is, that's my personal. " I shouted , forgetting where we are . He gulped and looks stunned by my outburst.
" Narmada, I I was just worried for you. That's why I asked you. So, please don't get angry on me." He said slowly . I realized I have gathered unnecessary attention .
" I am sorry. " with that I left him there and literally ran to my office.
After that , he called me numerous times. But I didn't answer any of his calls.
After my office hour got over, I came out to see Shiva standing with a " I am sorry" cardboard in his hand.
" you never give up, don't you?" I asked him but a smile still managed to form on my lips.

" no, not until you forgive me and smile ." He replied with a smile.
After my outburst and me ignoring him, I thought he will leave forever. But why is he still sticking around?
" hmm, I m sorry too. It's just I lost it in a moment." I replied while shrugging my shoulders.
" I can understand. Until you tell me yourself, I won't ask you." he said and walked to his bike.
" come, I'll drop you." he offered.
" no, it's ok. I can go by bus. You go your way. I go my way. " I said as I don't want him to have any ideas like amma said.
He followed me as I starts to walk towards bus stop. Why is he so adamant ?
" listen Shiva, I have been going by bus and I am used to it. I don't want any ride. I came with you yesterday as you wanted to see my mom else I wouldn't. So, please leave if you want to remain my friend ." I turned to him. He started his bike and drove from there without a word. I sighed with relief.
" Narmada!" Rekha called me from the opposite side of the road asking me to come over that side.
I shut Shiva with my anger but it will not work with Rekha. I do want to share my grief with someone. I never opened up to anyone other than my mom. Though Brinda is my close friend, I never shared my past with her.

" tell your address." She urged me . I give the directions to my house and the driver started the car.

" so, tell me what you have been doing all these years?" She asked as soon as we got inside the call taxi.

" hmm, I finished doing my M.Sc in correspondence while working at a finance company in Avadi branch but two years before, I got transferred here . Now, I am doing M.Phil in regular . A kind professor helped me with concession in fees and attendence." I replied.

" not that. what happened to your family? I remember You telling me that your father is a well known industralist in Coimbatore. Then why are you here in this city? that too working?" She came straight to the point.

I shook my head, I didn't want to talk about that.

I hated talking about my father. It hurts. I didn't love him. I was pretty sure of that but still, he was my father. I always wondered how's it be if we actually had a good relationship. I dreamed of things being different.

" I don't want to talk about it ,ok? Just drop it. So, tell me about you. " I said once I saw she was about to say something else. The car stopped and we both got out. I paid him despite her insistence. my house is locked. i looked at the clock . It's 6 pm. amma probably went to blackmail god. I opened the door with my spare keys . We stayed in silence for a while.

" here's your favourite mango juice!" I offered her a fresh juice .
" You still remember." I exclaimed like a kid.

My phone suddenly vibrated signalling that I had received a message. I frowned, not many people had my phone number and the only person that normally would text me was Brinda, and she was ill and not reachable until now. To my surprise, it's from Shiva.

I curiously opened the message.

"Hey Narmada, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I acted before."

Immediately feeling bad, I texted back. " no need to apologize. I was having a bad day and I shouldn't have taken my anger on you."

" I also wanted to know whether you are coming to movie after office tomorrow as we discussed earlier in the week, anyway, just send me a message confirming." he texted me.

oh, I totally forgot about that.

" yeah, sure thing. Will come." I replied and put my mobile back in my bag.

"Narmada, you very well know that it's not going to work. I'm not the person you can silence with your words, so spill the beans. what happened?" she says, somehow remaining emotionless. Despite already knowing this, I still tried. Why am I trying to hide the fact that my dad cheated my mom for years?

"I know." I mutter, looking at the floor. Her hand touches mine gently.

" On our graduation day, I received a call from Ravi uncle. He asked me to come back to Coimbatore. I was already worried over my parent's absence. When I enquired about them, he just told me that my mom is in hospital and ended the call. Panicked, I left without informing anyone. When I reached hospital, I got to know about my father's infidelity. He cheated on my mom eversince I was born. He got more attached with a woman. My mom saw him with that woman in his farmhouse. My mom argued with him. He insulted her and asked her to get out. After coming home, Mom decides to commit suicide by hanging herself. Luckily ,dad's legal advisor Ravi uncle came at that side to get a file. He saved her and called me." I paused as tears welled up in my eyes remembering the incident.
" I got angry and went to see him. At that time, he was alone. He doesn't had any guilt nor any regrets.
Do you know what he said? He said it's common for rich men to have affairs and my mom made it a big issue. Also, we can't survive on our own . Only money matters. I said we won't come to him ever . Me and mom stayed there in Coimbatore. I wasn't able to find any job as he used his influence. So, I came to Chennai and Ravi uncle's friend Narayan uncle helps me in settling down. He recommended for the job at the finance company. Even here, I saw many rich people are heartless. I so hate rich people . I despise money. " I poured my heart out .
I felt a heavy burden has been lifted off my shoulders

" kutti, I am home. Today, I gave your horoscope to a astrologer near the murugan temple. Do you know what he said. He said your wedding will happen soon. He also said that you will marry a very  rich guy with noble qualities. He also said that he will take care of you well ,love and cherish you." I put my hand up to stop her from annoying me more. " don't mind her words. She's my mom.  " I whisper as Rekha tried her hard not to laugh.
" amma, podhum. Enkoda en friend vandhu iruka. Rekha, amma. Amma, Rekha.( mom,enough. I am with my friend. Rekha, my mom. Mom, Rekha.)" I stopped her and introduced them to eachother.
" is she the one who you often talks about ? " my mom asked . I nodded.
" hello, aunty." Rekha greeted .
" Narmada told a lot about you. I never got to meet you as I used to spend most of that time doing charities and attending business parties." My mom said.
" oh, sorry. I forget to ask you. What are you doing here in Chennai?" I asked Rekha as mom went inside after asking her to stay in our house tonight. Rekha agreed instantly citing hostel food is not that good. Hostel? I got surprised.
" I came here for work. I am staying in a hostel. " She replied while biting her bottom lip.
" you work in the same building as mine?" I questioned.
" yes. UVR Constructions. Interior Designer." She replied.
" oh. Ok. You told me you have a brother, right? How did he allow you to work here alone as I very well remember you leaving the hostel on every weekend and holidays to spend time with him." I asked her.
" he's workaholic and recently suffered a heart break. I managed to convince him after a long fight. You know how adamant I am when I decides on something."
" that I know. I still remember how you climbed the hostel wall to attend a rock concert after warden denied you permission. You even made strange sounds and terrorised her to make her stay inside her room that night." I laughed .
" don't forget that you too came with me." She replied.
" what ,kutti? You sneaked out of your hostel then?" my mom asked shockingly before bursting into laughter.
We chatted throughout the dinner recollecting our old memories . My mom and Rekha got along well. I  was feeling happy after a while like genuinely happy.

"Narmada, I'll probably do things in the future that I know you won't be proud of but I promise I love you. No matter what I do, no matter what happens, even if I will become your worst hated person. I will never stop loving or caring for you. Please remember that." Rekha said before lying on the bed. I switched off the lights and laid down on the other side. My mom slept in the other bed.

I couldn't understand what she is saying or what she is talking about. Maybe she is just talking randomly.

Third Person's POV:

After seeing her message, He started to smile like an idiot.
Her innocence will be the death of me. But that is okay, I'm willing to do anything for her. I won't ever let her exposed to the dangers that are starting to cloud her. I can't let that happen and I won't.
I didn't want to be part of their gang, but I have to. If I didn't agree, they might've used someone instead of me. I will take her with me and keep her safe "  Shiva thought to himself.
" Shiva, are you even listening?" his mom voice brought him out of his trance.

" yes maa, I am listening. I will eat correctly on time and take care of myself. Love you, mom. Also Tell dad, I love him. " Shiva ended the Skype call and touched Narmada's photo which is now his laptop's wallpaper. What if she doesn't accept me of who I am, what I am? What if she gets scared of me? What if she doesn't feel the same way as me? I have all of these what ifs. I think I love her already. Hopefully she reciprocate the feeling. With that thought , Shiva drifts to sleep.

*****

Hi all,
I have updated.
Do let me know what you think.
So, Shiva or Udhay? Whose team you are in?

Picture of Rekha in the media.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 51.5K 76
Hatred is blind so is Love.... "Never try to change anything here!" His evil eyes did promise me some danger indeed. Meet Esha Varnav, a twenty five...
253K 12.5K 33
Hello everyone. I am Ayisha I am a new writer in wattapad. This story is very special to me . Hope you all like and do comments to support me. I...
6.6K 472 18
This is the same story in which there are so many twists and turns, there is a game of revenge, there is a drama of love, there are races of cars or...
466K 19.5K 39
AYANSH MEHRA, 28 years old, he is the CEO of Arya Company.... He is hot, handsome and kind hearted man.. But he never got love Or support in his life...