Wynter's Circle (Interracial...

By MarciMarie

Wynter wanted one thing and that was to forget Antonio Rodriguez star quarter back of the Philadelphia Drag... More

Wynter's Circle
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter five The Stalker
Chapter Six: Girl Talk
Chapter Seven Never Keeping Secrets
Chapter Eight The Only One For Me
Chapter Nine For You
The proposition
Chapter Ten With You
Chapter Eleven I Be Damn If I see Another Chick In Your Arms
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 14
chapter 15 You Mean That Much
Chapter 16
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 19 The point of it all
Chapter 20 Dangerous Woman
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter Eighteen

1.3K 104 5
By MarciMarie

Copyright © Marci Marie 2016

Eight hours seemed like eight years. He couldn't keep from looking at the clock on the other side of the holding cell. The officers sitting at their desk typing, talking, drinking coffee and eating donuts didn't give a damn about anyone in the cell to them they were criminals him included.. He and his cellmates had been offered nothing but cheese sandwiches in the last eight hours . No special treatment was given to him forget being the lead quarterback for Dragon's it didn't matter he was like every other Joe Shmoe in here . he hated even sitting down on the bench the whole cell smelled of urine and vomit and the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned since they placed it in the cell. He had physically searched, fingerprinted and had his mug shot taken. His cheese sandwich he gave to a skinny dude in the corner who was picking his nose and looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Besides the lack of comfort the guys he shared the cell with were cool . They were all fans of the team and wanted to see the team win a superbowl this year.. The big question they all wanted to know was how he got behind bars. The officer who had the pleasure of arresting him said his so called childhood friend Selena was accusing him of assault but he hadn't seen or touched her since she kissed him in the morning. So why would she lie? He wonder adjusting his position on the hard ass bench. "Hey I heard you kicked you girlfriends ass. " A big guy with a bald head that looked like he could be a lumberjack said from the corner.

"What the fuck did she do man?"

" I bet she kept running off at her trap until he socked her one." Another inmate answered.

Defending himself Tonio looked from one to the other." I didn't touch her."

"Then how you get them busted knuckles dude?"

"It was an accident. I punched a mirror this morning." It irked him that he had to keeping defending himself.

Tonio watched as the big guy laughed out loud. "Yeah right, I would say that to if I were you."

Tonio looked around the cell he shared with four other guys. They all shook their heads in agreement. This was a disaster. One minute he's making up with Wynter the next minute he's getting booked for assault. His fucking hand hurt and he had a headache. And right now he didn't know whether it was the toilet or the guys he shared that stank like shit. Standing up he began to pace from one end of the cell to the next. He wondered what Wynter was doing. Right now they could be in b\\\ed having makeup sex instead he was in a stinking cell with four other men.

"Mr. Rodriguez it's time to go your being released." Tonio turned looking at the officer who was opening the cell door. Dressed in all black the man was built like a linebacker. Tonio gave the guys in the cell a smile and a wave good bye as relief washed over him as he walked ahead of the officer who directed him down along dreary hallway.

Stopping at a brown door the officer turned the knob opening the door. Tonio entered to be greeted by Peter, Olga and another guy in a black suit. A table sat in the center of the floor four chairs two on either side. " You ok Tonio?" Peter and Olga asked Peter giving him a pat on the back and Olga a hug as the man in the suit held out his hand and introduced himself as Mason Greenworth his attorney ."

"Hi now what the hell is going on?" The lawyer gestured for him to take a seat as he did along with Peter. "Mrs. Ortez said you assaulted her today then changed up and said she was in a fight with another girl after questioning from a detective got too intense for her."

" I only saw her this morning. I never touched her she kissed me and that was it." Tonio looked at the man pleading his case.

"Tonio we know that it was no way you could have touched this woman. It's lucky that this hotel has a great security system and that you were on camera at the time she stated you and her had the altercation." Tonio watched as the man interlaced his fingers placing his hands on the table. " The question is why would she make such an allegation in the first place putting your career in jeopardy?"

The lawyer looked over at Peter then back at him. " Pete thinks Ieshia your ex is behind this."

"Yeah I do kid but right now we have to do damage control."Peter looked over at Tonio.

"Selena's going to give a statement to the press."

"She declined an attorney and you know every ambulance chaser wants this case."

"Some people may think she's was coerced into saying you didn't attack her." Mason said.

"So how do we fix it?" Tonio looked from Peter to Mason.

"Well we got into see a judge thank god he's a fan. He looked over everything and that's why you're being released. "

"So am I going to be charged or not?"

"Right now no."

Tonio washed his fingers through his hair he as felt like his whole world was falling apart. "This can mess up my football career."

"Tonio there is a NFL protocol when these accusations are made."

"My endorse will drop me." He stood looking at Peter.

"Kid let me handle this. I got this."

"I Talked to Mr. Stanbottom ..He's not happy with all this bad publicity you've got today I gave him the run down and he's going to stand by you."

"Apparently Selena's mother called her not believing her story and convinced her to tell the truth."

"Where's Wynter?"

" She's with Julian. at his place and Bryan is with them."Tonio wasn't happy about it but at least he knew she was safe.

"She's something else." She defended you like a lion with her cub. I had to get her out of here before they locked her up."

"That's my baby." Tonio smiled himself happy that she accepted his innocents.

"You're lucky to have her stand by you man." Now we have to present a strong front."

"Were thinking a press conference."

"I'll do whatever it takes as long as I get to go home to Wynter."

"Tonio that's going to be a problem." Tonio turned not liking the tone of Peter's voice.

"Look kid it's best if you stay away from Wynter for awhile."

"What the fuck do you mean stay away from her?" His hand was throbbing again and he was on the verge of jumping out of the SUV. He could feel the tick in his jaw. " Tonio listen you want to keep her safe right." "Of course I want her safe." He shouted.

"Then it's best we keep her away from you until we get a handle on Ieshia's whereabouts ."

"I pay you guys a lot of money to keep me and mine safe. So now you're asking me to put my life on hold until you catch this bitch. What if you never find her am I supposed to just give up on having a life with Wynter." He looked at Peter and Chase.

"It only until we find her Tonio."

"I'm taking it you told Wynter." He looked over at Peter.

"Please forgive me Tonio."

"What for?"

"We decided that it was best if she thought you sent her away." He looked at Peter not understanding what he was saying. Suddenly he felt as if he couldn't breath as he listened to the man he trusted like a second father tell him that he had sent his love away.

" I told her that you decided that with everything that was going on that you felt it was best if she just forgot about you because you didn't need anymore bad publicity and you were just hurting her more and more and that she was fresh from a bad breakup that you were just a way for her to get past Shannon and that it was best for both of you if it ended now I also told her you didn't want to see her and that she should just go home."

"Peter tell me you didn't do that. Please man?"

"I'm sorry kid. It's for the best for now." Tonio jerked away from Peter's attempt at consoling him.

"One more thing kid."

"What. That isn't enough already?" He gritted his teeth not wanting to hear anymore bad nose. He turned to Peter who seemed hesitant to speak.

"Spit it the fuck out."

"Your parents and son are at the suite waiting for you."

He laughed not expecting that one. " That's just fucking great."  He rested his head back against the car seat covering his face with both hands. This was like a bad dream he couldn't escape. His life was a mess and now he had to put on a happy face for his son and his parents.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.9K 38
*Editing 2020* They always say that there is this one girl who will change a player's heart. What they forget to tell you is that he changes her's as...
31.3K 1.3K 20
kairi x mattia fanfic.
7.8K 779 38
Have you ever fallen in love with someone you've never met in person? Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character who sneaks into your dr...
977K 27.1K 31
When Lilian Castelo finds her fiancée Raphael with her assistant in his bed. Her life turns upside down as she sees them. Weeks pass by and she needs...