Protecting Her. (Under Heavy...

By BringMe_TheBooks

Lacey Jay Teller moves to a new town, new school, new everything. Only things are... different. She's just tr... More

Disclaimer
Chapter One [Edited]
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Two.

401 9 5
By BringMe_TheBooks

Chapter Two.
Lacey's POV.

Yawning, I continue the tedious process of covering up the ink on my neck, the only one I ever cover up because unless I wear a turtleneck there is no way to hide it and it's against school policy to have visible tattoos. Sighing I do my make up, keeping it simple and smokey. I pull my hair up into a simple but somewhat messy ponytail.

Picking up my keys I make my way to school, parking in the first spot I can find. It's been about a month since I was last here. I never even made it to a class last time, although I did get Jax to get me some work to catch up on so I'm not entirely behind. I was stupid to go back so soon, I wasn't ready physically or mentally. But this time I've been cleared by the doctors, with the caveat that I take it easy.

I found my locker thanks to Jax; I had him teach me the ins and outs of the school based on that shitty little paper map. I place books and folders into the locker, again feeling the unnerving feeling I'm being watched. Suddenly my locker slams shut, making me flinch. Please don't be... "Hey there. Nice to see you around again." I recognise that voice. He's a friend of the rude guy from my first day. I turn around slowly, trying to calm down, spotting the second friend too. "Well if it isn't Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee." I mumble under my breath, crossing my hands over my chest. "Hey, ignore him. We just wanted to check you were okay... you know considering you disappeared for a month. Seth didn't think he'd hurt you. He didn't know you were actually hurt. He can be an ass but he doesn't hurt girls." One says and I shake my head. "I know, it's fine honestly. I was unwell. The flu or something. But even so, can we just not talk about this and keep it strictly between us. I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself being new and what not. It'll make things easier for all of us." I say and they nod. I'm glad they agree. I seriously hate being the new girl, but this is karma I guess, for my actions.

I sit down next to the wall, sighing at the fact I have history first. The chair next to me scrapes back and I turn to see a pretty red-haired girl smile at me. "Hey, I haven't seen you around." She says in a friendly tone and I smile. "I'm technically still new... I started a month ago." I say and she smiles. "So you're the one rumours are circling about. I knew I liked you. I was wondering if we'd see you again. Rumours have been circulating that Seth had a hit put on you and you had been buried in the middle of nowhere for hitting him or something. Not like I believed any of them, though it was amusing to hear them." She says, waving the rumours off dismissively. "Oh my god, how rude of me! I'm Jamie." She says smiling warmly as she looks at me. "Lacey." I reply and she beams at me. "Well, would you like to hang out with me and the group at lunch?" She asks and I smile, nodding slightly. "That would be lovely." She claps her hands together excitedly and grins at me. "Great!" The teacher strolls in acting like he hasn't wasted half the lesson not even being here, and starts the lesson. I begin taking notes, occasionally talking to Jamie, whom I learnt hates being called Jay and public speaking but loves the colour yellow. Honestly, she seems really sweet and like a problematic friend to have around.

Packing up I agree to meet her at my locker at lunch, giving her the number before walking into second period, taking a seat in the row just before the back row, leaning my back against the wall. My eyes meet Seth's and I frown at the look he gives me, full of curiosity and unspoken questions. He's walking with some other guy I've never seen before, but they seem close. The new guy walks out and Seth takes a seat on the back row. Suddenly Nate and Josh come barging in and Josh rushes to the back row, sitting in the only seat left on the back row. I keep my head down, groaning slightly when the chair beside me is pulled out.

I doodle on the cover of my notebook, bored and annoyed. How can a teacher be late and it be considered acceptable but if a student is late it's the end of the world and you're getting detention for the rest of the week?

Calculus class. The ultimate bane of my life. I spend the entire time doodling, not bothering to pay attention to the droning teacher who speaks nothing but nonsense for an hour. I listen to the guys talk about parties and girls and roll my eyes sighing. I slam my pen down and suddenly cringe. "Oh hey its you new girl." Nate says and I sigh. "I have a name." I say and he nods. "But I don't know it." He points out and I shrug, a blank expression on my face. "Good." The bell rings and I'm immediately up, walking out of the door as I pack my stuff back into my bag.

"Hey! I saw you talking to Nate and Josh this morning. I'm Alexandra. I prefer Alex, or Alexa. Although I answer to almost anything." She says and laughs, making me frown slightly. "This is my boyfriend Jace." She says and we nod at one another. "And this is our friend Denver." She says and again I just nod at him. I mutter a short hello but after an hour of listening to guys talk about girls and parties, I'm all peopled out and just want to be left alone.

I begin writing notes, trying to ignore when all their eyes simultaneously fall to my hand, which adorns a random tattoo I don't know the meaning of. I don't know the meaning of any of my tattoos. They stare at it for a little while and I can see that Alexa is dying to ask about it, but she doesn't. Perhaps my less than friendly demeanour is causing her to pause. I roll my eyes in annoyance and pull my sleeve over my hand, feeling uncomfortable. "What do you have after lunch?" Alexa suddenly asks and I glance up from my notebook. "Free... you?" I ask and she beams at me. "Same. Want to hang out?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders slightly. What's the worst that could happen? With all reasonable judgement out of the window, I nod smiling. "Sure sounds great." I say because in truth I had no idea what I was going to do otherwise.

It's lunch now, so I guess I'll be meeting Jamie's friends. Before I left, I'd made arrangements to meet Alexa. I head to my locker, shoving my backpack in and getting some money out, putting it in my pocket, along with my phone. I wait a minute or two until I see a mass of orange hair heading my way. "Come I'm starving!" She says pulling me along, not bothering to wait for my protests.

We enter the hall and I groan at how packed it already is. If I've learnt anything from moving schools so much it's that you have to be one of the first to lunch if you want to get the best food and table. We go buy lunch, I opt for just a bottle of water and an apple. Since getting back from the hospital, I haven't really had much of an appetite. I guess hospital food can do that to you. We head to an empty table and I smile, finally away from the crowds. I take a deep breath and let my shoulders slump slightly. Jamie starts talking but my eyes have zeroed in on what I can only assume is the popular table, where Seth looks more than fed up, the girl on his lap giggling and talking obnoxiously. Rolling my eyes I tune back into Jamie.

We talk about anything and everything, trying to learn a bit about each other. Jamie is extremely girly and incredibly shy; according to Denver she never stands up for herself when someone says something rude to or about her. Talking to Denver I realise that he's really protective of Jamie, but naturally being friends with the biggest players in the school, (his words not mine) he parties and sleeps around a lot, much to Jamies displeasure. Either way, they're both really fun to be around and I can't help beginning to feel really comfortable around them.

Jamie is rapidly chatting about her physics teacher who has, in her eyes, got a crush on someone while Denver and I throw each other bewildered looks. Suddenly her talking just stops, a small gasp exiting her slightly open mouth. I look behind me to see Seth walking this way, his eyes locked on me. What did I do? He stands behind me and I turn, still having to crane my neck to see him, and cross my arms over my chest. "Can I help you?" I ask in a clipped tone and he glares at me. "Can I talk to you?" He asks in an irritated tone and I roll my eyes. What did I do wrong today? "Need help finding your fucking manners?" I ask, smirking when he growls slightly. "Please." He says, his tone strained and sarcastic, and I smile in response. "Of course you can. I'll be back in a second." I say with fake pleasantness and Jamie nods giving me a curious look, one that tells me I will be giving her details later.

I walk around the corner from the cafeteria and wait patiently for him to talk. When he doesn't speak, just leans against the wall I make my way to leave, already fed up. His hand grabs mine before I can leave though, as if he could read my mind. "You were away for a month." He says and I roll my eyes. "Well done Sherlock. Glad you noticed." I say sarcastically. "Are you... I didn't mean to actually hurt you. Like I'd never intentionally injure a girl." He trails off and I laugh slightly, looking up at him with amusement. "Is this an apology?" I ask humourlessly. "Kinda. I don't apologise often." He says, making me roll my eyes. "Of course you don't. That would be too bad for your image right?" I say and make my way to leave again. "What happened? Like was it bad?" He asks and I sigh softly, looking at him for a moment. "Nothing that wasn't already injured. I just wasn't ready to be back at school... It's a long story." I say hoping he'll just drop the subject and let me go back to my lunch. Thankfully before he can talk two girls walk our way, Nate behind them looking at Seth apologetically. "What are you doing talking to her?" One of the girls asks, her voice unusually high pitched and nasally; I roll my eyes. "Bye." I say and start walking away, laughing when I hear the conversation behind me. "Ruby, what the fuck are you doing? I can't stress enough how much I don't want a relationship with you." Seth says sounding both annoyed and exasperated and she giggles obnoxiously. "You're just stressed baby, probably from talking to that bitch." Ruby says, pure venom in her voice at the thought of Seth talking to me. "Come up with something more creative!" I shout, smirking to myself, before walking off laughing. So much for girls supporting girls.

I walk back to our table just as the bell rings and I let out a small groan. "I'll see you in fifth period." I say to Jamie who smiles, offering me a quick goodbye before rushing off. I wait awkwardly for Alexa to stop making out with her boyfriend so we can go somewhere together. She walks over to me, offering me an apologetic look and linking our arms. She drags me to the parking lot and then finally tells me where we're going. "We'll go to the local coffee shop, it's always quiet around this time. And the coffee is much better than at school." She says; I nod my head and offer to drive us as long as she gives me the directions.

Parking up I walk in behind Alexa and order before sitting at a booth, giving us a little more privacy. We start talking, asking each other questions. She of course asks me about what Seth wanted to talk to me about. Alexa looks behind me with a confused expression. "I thought you had class?" Alexa asks and I turn around curiously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 90 70
Jade Wilson and her friends go to a normal high school and living a normal life; well except for being a part time nerd for 2-3 months of senior year...
1M 21.8K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
1.5M 39.8K 47
Ella used to always be in the shadows shy, and lets people walk over her ,and treat her badly, but an incident happened which changed her , leavin...