My Quiet Mate

Autorstwa Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... Więcej

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 20: Brothers
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 25: Surprise!!
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 16: The Change

46.5K 1.6K 414
Autorstwa Star-Fly18

You better be mentally prepared for this chapter my readers!! It's about to get intense!! Read on!!!

(Quinn POV)

I was on a soft bed and I was warmer then I have felt in a while, but I was extremely comfortable. Right now I wasn't really asleep but not really awake though, I was kind of in the middle. Devon has his arm wrapped around my waist and sometime in the night I had turned so we were chest to chest. My head was tucked under his chin and I was using his other arm as a pillow.

You would think with him having so much muscle that he would be hard and uncomfortable, but he made a really good pillow. I felt Devon stir slightly but I stayed in my sleep/awake state just being still. I could feel his eyes on my face and I could practically feel his smile and his happiness.

He leaned in towards me and pressed a soft kiss on my forehead, then my nose, and my cheeks and continued to pepper my face in kisses as I slowly woke up. I smiled slightly before I opened my eyes to see Devon looking to me with love and happiness. His hair was messed up from last night and from sleeping but it only added to his handsome look. His eyes still looked sleepy but they were practically glowing as he looked at me.

Once I had finished looking him over and he was finished looking me over he planted a soft kiss on my lips that I immediately responded to with fervor. We kissed for a while before Devon pulled back and focused on my shoulder. I reached up and felt the uneven skin where his mark was. When I touched it there were a few tingles but it was nothing like when Devon touched me.

Devon removed my hand gently and ran his fingers over the mark. I gasped at the feeling it was like that spot was even more sensitive to him then it was before. He smirked at me but removed his hand.

"Good morning beautiful," he said in a deep and still sleepy voice. I shivered at the sound of his voice and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me and I nuzzled into his neck.

"Morning," I mumbled back in a much less attractive voice, yet I still felt his shiver like I had done for him.

We lay like that for a few more minutes, just trying to wake up, before I sat up and stretched my arm in the air. Devon was soon sitting next to me and he gave me one last kiss before slipping out of the bed to make his way to the bathroom. He was naked and I had to force myself to look away from his finely toned backside with a blush.

Looking down I realized that I was naked too but I didn't mind. I was more then in love with Devon and I didn't care if he saw me. After everything that he said about me last night I feel a lot better about myself around him, at east I know he isn't going to leave me because he thinks I'm ugly.

As I sat and waited for Devon to get out of the bathroom a sharp pain started up in between my shoulder blades. I gasped in pain but made no other sounds. It hurt but it wasn't unbearable. As I waited for it to go away it slowly started to get worse, and then once it started to spread was when I decided I wasn't ok and I needed help.

"D-D-Devon," I choked out with a small sob. I collapsed into the bed and the bathroom door was slammed open and Devon came rushing out, now dressed.

I curled up into a ball to try to stop the pain from spreading. It was now covering my whole back and it was making its way up mu arms and around to my chest. I felt Devon's hand on my back and I glanced up to see him hovering over me.

"What's wrong Quinn?" he asked in a panicked tone.

"There was a pain in my back and it's now spreading," I told him shakily.

He looked worried, "Did the pain start between your shoulder blades?" he asked.

I nodded my head yes as the pain covered my arms and chest and was now moving to my legs. Devon quickly scooped my up and pulled a pair of boxers on me and rushed out of the room. He thundered down the stairs and into the loving room where the whole pack was already sitting and talking amongst themselves. As Devon reached the bottom of the stairs all eyes were immediately on us.

"Cooper, Stephanie, come with me," Devon commanded as he rushed out of the room.

From the sound of the footsteps that were following us the whole pack had decided to follow us instead of just Cooper and Stephanie. I didn't care who came with us as long as this pain stopped. Devon headed not to the infirmary like I had thought he would, but to the back door. Devon soon burst out the back door and into the fresh air. I expected to feel chilled by the cold morning air, but it actually managed to soothe my pain a little but.

Devon gently laid me down on the soft grass and I immediately tried to curl up into a ball again but Devon gently pried my limbs off of my body until I was laying on my back.

"What happened?" Cooper asked with concern as him, Stephanie and Devon were hovering over me. The pain had now spread to my whole body and it was getting more intense.

"I marked him last night and he is shifting," Devon confessed, never looking away from me.

Cooper looked at Devon shocked before he looked angry. Before anyone could react Cooper had punched Devon square in the face. Devon went flying backwards and rolled to his feet, looking at Cooper with anger and confusion. Cooper was fuming.

"You marked him without him even knowing what it was going to do to him?!?" Cooper yelled at Devon in a pure rage.

Devon's anger disappeared and he went pale, "You didn't talk to him last night?" Devon asked softly as he looked to me. I wasn't really paying attention to them, I was too focused on trying to not pass out.

Cooper shook his head no and Devon quickly rushed over to me. Once he was by my side he picked up my hand and started stroking with with his thumb softly. "I'm so sorry Quinn," he began with a small tremor in his voice, "I thought Cooper had explained this all to you. What is happening is because you let me mark you your true form is now going to come out. I'm so sorry." His voice was still shaking and his eyes were starting to collect tears.

I gave his hand a small squeeze, not able to talk with all of the pain. Devon looked to me and I gave him a small smile when there was a sickening crack. My eyes widened in pain as my leg cracked and popped, turning at a strange angle. Devon whimpered at the sight and I whimpered too with tears coming down my face now. There was a lot of shouting and moving around when Devon was pulled away from me. My hand flopped down on the ground and I whimpered at the loss of his touch.

My other leg gave a horrid crack and I screamed again, then one arm went, then another. I was a useless ragdoll right now and I was in so much pain I didn't know what to do except for cry out in pain. Cooper came into my field of vision but didn't touch me.

"You're doing really good Quinn, just hang in there," he prompted, "What ever you do, just don't pass out," he urged me.

The darkness was already creeping into my vision and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I gave one last shuddering sob before the darkness completely consumed me and I slipped into unconsciousness.

(Quinn's Wolf/Golem POV) ***This part will make sense by the end of the chapter, trust me***

My eyes fluttered open and the bright light assaulted them. I let out an annoyed growl and slowly stood up on four legs. It felt natural to me and I quickly shook out my fur before I looked around. I was in a forest, in front of a large house and there was a group of people standing about twenty feet away from me with looks of fear and nervousness.

I pulled my lips back, revealing long, sharp, canines and growled lowly. I didn't know where I was but I assumed that if I woke up here it had to belong to me, I mean, I was the most powerful creature, I could have what ever I wanted.

As I growled the group scampered back a few feet. One vaguely familiar person stepped forward with his hands up and a look of fear, "Hey Quinn, you ok?" he asked with a slight tremor in his voice. I continued to growl at him. "It's me, Cooper," the man urged. I had no idea who he was though, "Do you remember me?" he asked.

I growled louder and took an intimidating step closer to him. Looking more panicked the boy, Cooper, froze. Another man, one who was a lot more attractive, stepped forward with more confidence. He lowered himself so he was eye level to me and slowly put his hands up to show that he was no threat.

"Quinn," he said in a deep and soothing voice. I froze and he continued, "Do you know who I am? It's me, Devon," when he said his name my head started buzzing but I shook it off and continued to growl at him with confusion and weariness. I knew that Quinn was the name of my human form but right now I was in wolf form. We actually had four forms, human, wolf, golem and a mix between golem and wolf, though we would only be able to go into that form as a final defense.

As I wolf I look like a wolf but I'm made of sandstone and covered in thick sandy blond fur. If you were to just glance at me I would look like a normal wolf but if you touched me then you would feel that I'm really made of stone. My eyes are also a glowing blue because I was in control. If Stan, the golem, was in control then our eyes would be green and if Quinn is in control then one eye would be green and the other blue, but always glowing.

Because Quinn passed out during his first shift I was forced to take control so that we would survive. My name is Finn and the golems name is Stan. Like the werewolf's have their wolf Quinn has a wolf and golem inside him. We just have been asleep, waiting for our mate but right now I was just focused on keeping us alive. I focused back on the group.

"We have to get through to him," the first boy, Cooper, told the group, "If we can get him to shift back of to remember us then he will go back to normal." The group got determined looks and looked back to me. I was still growling at them and I could feel my hackles rise.

Snapping my teeth at them I growled louder. The only girl of the group stepped forward. "Quinn, come on man," she said in an irritated voice, "It's too early for this. Just shift back and we can have breakfast." She was trying to sound confident but I could detect her fear.

Out of nowhere I could feel my anger start to rise and I had this urge to fight, to attack, so I did. I jumped at the group with my long claws out and my mouth wide open in a snarl. The group scattered and I only managed to knick one person on the arm. Landing on my feet I jumped at the nearest person but before I could make any contact I was tackled by a large wolf. We rolled on the ground but I managed to get him off of me before he could hurt me.

Snarling at him I looked around to see that everyone was now wolfs except for the girl. My eyes darted from wolf to wolf before I focused on the one who tackled me. I flattened my ears back and gave a low growl as I looked for an open spot to attack. The other wolf was strictly on the defensive and it looked like he wasn't even looking to attack.

With a growl I charged at another wolf, who was small compared to the others and knocked him over with a powerful hit from my large body. He rolled across the ground before another large wolf that seemed to be protecting the smaller wolf confronted me. I growled at him and almost smirked. I don't know why but I just had this huge need to fight something.

I charged at him but before I reached him he was joined by two other equally large wolfs. Already being in a dead run I had no choice but to fight them. I swiped at the one in the middle with my large paw but he just jumped back to avoid it. The two on the side jumped at me and I managed to doge one but the other landed on my back. I was large but this wolf was slightly large and managed to unbalance me and when another wolf joined him they managed to get me on the ground.

I growled in outrage and flailed around. They didn't have their claws digging into me though, like they were trying not to hurt me. I was lashing out and trying to get a hold of them when there was a voice in my head, "QUINN," it yelled. I whimpered in surprise and continued to flail, "Calm down, we wont hurt you!"

With a whimper of fear I shoved the wolves off of me and darted into the wood. I don't know how they got into my head but it un-nerved me. I could hear them perusing me so I picked up the pace. I was soon panting and huffing from the running and I could tell that they were catching up. When I knew I couldn't get away I turned and faced them, ready to attack or to defend myself.

They stopped in front of me and I growled warningly at them with my ears back and my legs shaking from fear and exhaustion. My eyes flicked from wolf to wolf and rested on the girl that was riding one of the large wolfs. She hopped off of the wolf and slowly started making her way over to me. I growled at her hostilely and she froze to look back at the largest wolf of the pack, the Alpha.

Without a word the wolves slowly started surrounding me and soon I was in the middle of the pack of the wolves. They weren't growling at me or anything but I still felt intimidated. As I glanced around me at the wolves my breathing started to speed up in panic. How was I going to get out of this?

I started drooling out of stress and when the drool hit the ground it sizzled from the heat. Because I was a half werewolf half golem I was able to do some neat stuff. Because werewolves and golems both naturally have high temperatures that means that if I get warm enough from running, fighting, etc., then I will start drooling lava.

When the pack noticed my breathing start to pick up they looked worried and unconsciously tightened their circle around me. Panicking, I decided to pull an ace from my sleeve. I rose up on my hind legs and when I slammed my front paws back down I created a shock wave that traveled out from where I hit and managed to knock the whole pack off their feet.

As I turned to bolt my legs collapsed from exhaustion and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get up. I glanced around to see the pack back on their feet and looking at me astonished. I ignored them as I watched the Alpha. He was staring at me with caution and something else that I couldn't quite identify. Slowly but determined he started making his was over to me. I watched him in horror, there was no doubt in my mind that he was going to kill us and I was too exhausted to do anything.

"Need some help?" Stan's gruff voice asked me with a smirk. I debated for a second, there was no way that he would do anything to get us purposefully hurt but I was worried about using too much energy. I felt darkness slowly consume me and I released control over to Stan. I felt my eyes tingle as they changed color before slipping into darkness with Quinn's consciousness.

(Quinn's Golem POV)

I was finally taking control, after sixteen long years of waiting. Finn slipped into the back of out mind along with Cooper and I smirked as I felt myself starting to grow. My back legs lengthened and my back straightened until I was standing up straight. The wolf muzzle shortened until my face was flat and the ears disappeared too. Unlike other normal Golems because of Finn I had sharp teeth and claws. Usually Golems have flat strong teeth and no claws but I got some of the good traits from that wolf. I was also quicker then normal Golems and had better eyesight.

I had talked to Finn and transformed all before the Alpha had reached me and when I looked down to him I saw him frozen in my shadow. I let out a loud roar that had a hint of a growl in it and charged at the Alpha. He dodged me quickly and it went like that for a while. Punch, dodge, punch, dodge, punch, and dodge. I was beginning to get frustrated to I turned and charged another pack member.

He crouched down in preparation of me to hit him when a wolf jumped on to my back. Reaching back I grabbed a hold of him and brought him in front of me. He was flailing his legs and squirming to get out of my hold as I tossed him aside. I didn't toss his hard or at anything because I was starting to get a nagging feeling that I shouldn't hurt these wolfs.

Why was I feeling like this? I was a golem, and golems were supposed to be ruthless creatures. I was still for a moment as I thought and when I froze another wolf jumped on to my back and seemed to be trying to reach my neck. I panicked slightly and spun around making the wolf lose his grip.

As I spun around I saw that the wolves again surrounded me. Like Finn, my breathing started to pick up in fear. Stupid Quinn and his panic attacks, it seems we inherited his panic attacks too.

The ground by my feet started to heat up and soon I was standing in a patch of lava. The grass around me started to catch on fire and soon the trees would be on fire too. The wolves started to panic as they looked to their Alpha on what to do. I saw him look from me to the fire and back to me. As I was focused on him a wolf behind me growled and I spun to face him. The wolf snapped at me and because I suddenly didn't want to hurt them I took a step back.

There was a pressure on my back and tingled immediately started erupting from the spot. I froze for a second before spinning around to look for the source. I knew that the only reason that I would feel those sparks was if I was in contact with my mate. I turned to come eye to eye with the Alpha wolf. I was frozen and I could feel Quinn pushing for control.

I knew it was the right thing to do so reluctantly I let go of control to Quinn as I slipped into the darkness.

(Quinn POV)

When I gain consciousness I could tell something was off. I could see what was going on but it was like I was watching a movie of someone else doing it. I could feel two other distinct consciousness's in the space that I was in but I was focused on the screen of what was going on.

I could see myself facing a growling Liam who was in wolf form. I felt slightly scared that he was growling at me and felt the body take a step away from him. When I did I could feel the tingles that I always got then Devon touched me and soon I was looking right at Devon.

I pushed myself towards Devon and soon I could feel a tingling in one of my eyes and I was in control of my body. I looked around to see that the ground beneath my feet was on fire and I quickly stamped it out, then I looked back to Devon with fear. What was going on?

"Devon," I said timidly through the link, "What is going on?"

I saw him physically relax and there was a chorus of relieved sighs from the pack. My legs gave out from under me and I fell on to my butt. I expected there to be pain when I did but there wasn't, but I could swear that the ground shook. I looked down at myself only to see stone instead of flesh. There were stone claws instead of hands and long finely shaped stones instead of legs.

I was starting to panic again and I looked at Devon for help. He quickly ran up to me and rubbed his head on my hard chest lovingly. When I was sitting down Devon was a bit taller then me I noticed while Devon was doing his best to comfort me.

"It's going to be ok," he assured me through the link, "I just need you to change back into your human form."

"I don't know how to do that," I confessed while looking away from him.

"Just imagine yourself as a human," he told me as he took a step back.

I did as he told and imagined my short body, light brown hair and many scars. I felt myself start to shrink and soon I was sitting naked in the middle of the pack. Devon quickly made his way over to me and covered me with his body and started to rumble soothingly.

My eyes drooped closed as I leaned against Devon, "I'm sorry for today," I mumbled ashamed.

"Shhhh. Go to sleep. I'll be right here for you," he hushed as I relaxed more. I was then out like a light before I could figure out what the hell had just happened to me.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

106K 4K 50
The Badger Series (Book 1) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Timothy is an Omega, he lost half of his vision after he was beaten for something...
629K 22K 24
||Book One of The Broken Wolves Trilogy|| Leo Williams was a 16 year old boy that had a normal life, for a werewolf anyway, up until his mom died. Af...
8.1M 354K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
57.6K 1.5K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...