First Arrow (Jacob Black) [1]

By NotMyself24

Shortly after her sixteenth birthday, Jazmine returns to La Push, but this time it's forever. She knows a few... More

1. Moving In
2. Home
3. Training Begins Now
4. Blood, Sweat, and Tears
5. Changes
6. Leech
7. Maid of Geveduan
9. Code Breaker
10. Code
Sequal

8. Legendary

3.3K 85 8
By NotMyself24

~Jazmine~

I run toward my parents house and the car is gone. I smirk and jump through my window. I jump over the tripwire and open my door. I run downstairs and open the garage with my keys I took out of Christopher's pocket. I open the cabinets and grab an assortment of weapons an ammo. I smirk and run back through the house. I hear the Suburban pull in and glance to my closet. I grab a few things and my duffle bag before diving out the window and rolling off the awning. I land and take off back into the woods. My feet pound against the ground, my heart feels like it's about to explode. My vision blurs and I stop when I reach my Impala at the edge of the woods. I throw everything in the car and start it up. I slowly pull onto the road and speed up to 45mph, which is extremely slow for me. I close my eyes and shake my head speeding up. My vision dots and I shake my head shifting up another gear. I glance at the speedometer, 124mph. I glance back up and stomp on the brakes, spinning out of control. The car slides into the ditch and I punch the steering wheel and my hand starts to bleed. I run my hand through my hair, not caring if it gets a little bloody. Smoke fills the car and I climb out coughing. I slam the door shut on the car and fall back on my ass running my hands through my hair. I stand up and punch the car door, a sickening crunch coming from my hand. I hold my hand.

"MOTHERFUCK!!!" I yell out in pain. I slam against the car and slide down onto the ground. I open the hood and smoke comes rolling out of it. I swipe it away from my face and choke on it. The car was just too hot, and the damn alternator blew up. I close the hood and grab my phone.

"Hey." Jake answers.

"Can you come get me? The piece of shit car blew up, my hands probably broke and I spun out into the ditch." I explain raking my hand through my hair again.

"I'll be there in a minute."

"Thanks, Jakey."

"I'll be there soon Jaz, I love you."

"I love you too." I smile into the phone.

Just as promised, Jake pulls up with the Chevy and jumps out. He runs to me and examines my hand.

"Well, that's defiantly broken, and we can fix the car. You have any luck?"

"Yeah, it's all in the car." Jake helps me put all my stuff in the truck and takes out the car battery so no one can take it. He closes the hood and sadly smiles at me. He sets the battery in the truck then runs a hand through my hair.

"Let's get that taken care of." He helps me into the truck and drives to Sam's. He helps me out of the truck and into the small house. The wolves' heads snap toward my hand.

"What the hell happened!?!" Embry yells running over.

"I'm fine, anger control isn't one of my qualities." I scoff.

"Jake what did you do!?!" Quil snaps. I roll my eyes.

"Guys, relax, I punched my car." I state.

•••

Emily finishes wrapping ace bandage on my hand and pins it in place. I run my fingers through my tangled hair and sigh. Emily lightly smacks my shoulder.

"Don't stress, it causes wrinkles." Emily scolds.

"Wrinkles are the least of my problems." I scoff looking at the ground.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks setting down the rubbing alcohol.

"My dad tried to kill my boyfriend, and I almost killed my father. My eyes unlock hidden messages in a book of myths. My car ends up in a ditch, the damn engine blows up. My parents boobietrapped my room. I had to break into my own house. I'm pretty much being shunned by family. There's some crazyass redhead bloodsucker after me. The supernatural is real and I'm not at all what everyone thinks I am. I broke my damn hand and possible ruined my car door. That and I'm not even sure if half of this is even real."

"In all honesty, that's way too much for a sixteen year old to have to deal with. Especially with the stress of moving. You need a day to yourself."

"I need a twenty ounce bottle of Bourbon." I mutter. Emily giggles.

"I'll let you slide with a Martini." She smiles and walks to the kitchen. She comes back with two small glasses. I smile and we clash the cups together slightly. I sip on the glass and gaze out the window. "Waiting for your car?"

"It'll take forever to fix that old thing. 1967 passed a long time ago." I take another sip and glance at my wrapped hand, then back out the window.

"It's not old, it's a classic." Emily states glancing at me. "When it comes to cars, the older the better."

"Don't I know it, but it's a bitch to find parts for them." I sigh.

"They may be a bitch to find, but it's worth it."

"I guess you're right."

"Just like when it comes to guys, the right one is a bitch to find."

"But it's worth it. I guess we got it easy, we were drawn to them. We weren't stuck falling for the wrong people." I scoff setting down the empty glass.

"Feel better?" She asks setting down her empty glass.

"Yeah, thanks Emily." I smile. The pack runs in all at once, shirtless and in cargo shorts, covered in sweat.

"You car's in the garage, we'll work on it tomorrow if you want." Jake states. Sam and Jake inhale and stare pointedly at Emily and I.

"How much did you have?" Sam groans running a hand down his face.

"Relax, it was only a Martini." Emily says taking our glasses to the kitchen.

"You gave a sixteen year old alcohol!" Sam exclaims.

"Calm down Sam. It was only a Martini. Not like I chugged a pint of Vodka." I state walking toward Jake.

"You still don't need to be drinking." Jake says looking down at me.

"I don't say anything about you idiots jumping off cliffs for fun, it like I said, it was one drink. You need to stop being hypocritical." I retort.

•••

I pull my hair back into a messy bun and lean into the engine of the Impala. I move some of the wires around and look in deeper. I grow hot with rage and rip out the computer chip lodged into the back of the alternator. I slam the hood and kick the wheel. Jake appears in the doorway and gives me a worried look.

"They fucked up my damn car!" I yell starting to shake throwing the chip down. Jake walks toward me and wraps his arms around me.

"Calm down, we'll fix it." He whispers.

"They'll just fucking do it again!" Jake tightens his grip on me.

"Calm down." He says louder.

"They wanted me to fucking wreck Jacob!" I manage to push away and turn my back to him glancing at the car door. A dent from my fist. I throw a screwdriver at the door and it sticks.

"Jazmine calm down!" Jake yells. I look up at the ceiling and hold back tears, pressing tongue to the top of my teeth. I rip the screwdriver out and throw it on the ground. I run past Jake and into the woods. "Jazmine!" He calls after me. I climb a tree and bring my knees to my chest. I bury my face in my knees and my body starts to shake from sobs. "Jazmine!" Jake calls running toward me. I choke on a sob and his head jolts up. "Jazmine." His face softens and he climbs the tree. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asks sitting beside me. Did he just? What?

"It's nothing Jake." I whisper.

"What's wrong?" He continues, setting his hand on my back. I flop over and lay against his chest.

"My family wants me dead Jacob. The whole car would've blew up if I would've gone any faster. They know that I drive ten times the speed limit. I heard it starting to beep so I slammed the breaks and spun out. They tried to kill me. My own parents. What am I supposed to do?"

"I'll protect you. Don't worry." He says rubbing my back.

"What if they kill you trying to kill me? I can't live in a world without you."

"They won't hurt me. We'll be okay. Besides, the whole pack will fight for you. Even Leah."

"They know, don't they?"

"Know what?"

"They can feel it. All of you can."

"What?"

"I'm meant to protect the wolves. Not to hunt them. Notice how the story was almost the same as when Christopher tried to kill you. The green forcefield, or whatever it was. I'm not a hunter. I'm a protector."

•••

I slightly frown at the arrowhead in my hand and run my finger across blade. I set it down and grab an empty shaft. I screw the arrowhead into the shaft and do three more. I pull out the flare tip and grab another shaft, I slowly twist the tip in and set it off to the side. I run my fingers across the fletchings and sigh. I really hope that it doesn't come down to using this. Jake leans against the doorframe and smiles. I smile back and roll my arrows up in my quiver.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Playing with weapons." I reply. He rolls his eyes and walks over to my side. He throws an arm over my shoulder and kisses my cheek.

"First of all, that's extremely dangerous. Second, you know that's not entirely what I meant."

"I'm adding more lethal weapons, making them more lethal, I guess." I state spinning a dagger on the table.

"Isn't the goal of protecting to save, not kill?" He ponders grabbing an arrow.

"Would you kill to save me?" I retort placing my hand on the shaft of the arrow. He lets go of the arrow and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Touché." He smirks.

"Besides, I even said I'd kill my own father when it came down to it. And you should really watch what you touch."

"I thought you didn't hunt wolves?"

"My parents do. I'm just trying to modify them so it can't hurt you. The daggers are safe for you now." I hand him the dagger and he twists it with the handle. "You can still get cut, so don't play around with them." I place my hand over his and he stops twirling it. He puts it back on the desk and slides his fingers through mine. We quickly kiss and he kisses my forehead. I catch a noise from out side and stand up grabbing my bow and one of the lethalized arrows. Jake drops my hand and follows me to the porch. I draw back the arrow and aim it into the woods.

"That's meant to kill the redhead isn't it?" Jake whispers.

"It's meant to kill any leech." I whisper back switching into a Mongolian draw.

Cullen.

I release the arrow and the leech stares at it, millimeters from hitting his face, digging into a tree.

"Close your eyes." I tell Jake. Sparks come out of the tree and I use my arm to block my eyes.

The sparks stop and the leech's eyes glow red.

"Why are you here?" Jake asks the leech.

"Have you seen Victoria?" It asks.

"Not since I shot her with an electric arrow and she fell of a cliff into the water." I scoff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 2.6K 25
This story takes place at the end of New moon and moves into Eclipse. Jacob Black, always pinning over Bella finally catches a break with love. Thou...
590K 13.1K 60
"My business is... because right before my family left... I promised Edward that I will look after you! My business is because I promised to look aft...
1K 57 14
Y/N Swan moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father, the chief of police, so that her mother can travel with her new husband for his new job...
110K 2.6K 25
What if Jacob Black never ran away? What if something else happened after the fight with the newborn army? Eleanor doesn't know anything about her pa...