8. Legendary

~Jazmine~

I run toward my parents house and the car is gone. I smirk and jump through my window. I jump over the tripwire and open my door. I run downstairs and open the garage with my keys I took out of Christopher's pocket. I open the cabinets and grab an assortment of weapons an ammo. I smirk and run back through the house. I hear the Suburban pull in and glance to my closet. I grab a few things and my duffle bag before diving out the window and rolling off the awning. I land and take off back into the woods. My feet pound against the ground, my heart feels like it's about to explode. My vision blurs and I stop when I reach my Impala at the edge of the woods. I throw everything in the car and start it up. I slowly pull onto the road and speed up to 45mph, which is extremely slow for me. I close my eyes and shake my head speeding up. My vision dots and I shake my head shifting up another gear. I glance at the speedometer, 124mph. I glance back up and stomp on the brakes, spinning out of control. The car slides into the ditch and I punch the steering wheel and my hand starts to bleed. I run my hand through my hair, not caring if it gets a little bloody. Smoke fills the car and I climb out coughing. I slam the door shut on the car and fall back on my ass running my hands through my hair. I stand up and punch the car door, a sickening crunch coming from my hand. I hold my hand.

"MOTHERFUCK!!!" I yell out in pain. I slam against the car and slide down onto the ground. I open the hood and smoke comes rolling out of it. I swipe it away from my face and choke on it. The car was just too hot, and the damn alternator blew up. I close the hood and grab my phone.

"Hey." Jake answers.

"Can you come get me? The piece of shit car blew up, my hands probably broke and I spun out into the ditch." I explain raking my hand through my hair again.

"I'll be there in a minute."

"Thanks, Jakey."

"I'll be there soon Jaz, I love you."

"I love you too." I smile into the phone.

Just as promised, Jake pulls up with the Chevy and jumps out. He runs to me and examines my hand.

"Well, that's defiantly broken, and we can fix the car. You have any luck?"

"Yeah, it's all in the car." Jake helps me put all my stuff in the truck and takes out the car battery so no one can take it. He closes the hood and sadly smiles at me. He sets the battery in the truck then runs a hand through my hair.

"Let's get that taken care of." He helps me into the truck and drives to Sam's. He helps me out of the truck and into the small house. The wolves' heads snap toward my hand.

"What the hell happened!?!" Embry yells running over.

"I'm fine, anger control isn't one of my qualities." I scoff.

"Jake what did you do!?!" Quil snaps. I roll my eyes.

"Guys, relax, I punched my car." I state.

•••

Emily finishes wrapping ace bandage on my hand and pins it in place. I run my fingers through my tangled hair and sigh. Emily lightly smacks my shoulder.

"Don't stress, it causes wrinkles." Emily scolds.

"Wrinkles are the least of my problems." I scoff looking at the ground.