You Are The Only Exception {T...

By 10stephanieg

Michelle doesn't want to think about her parents divorce. No more, then she already has. Michelle swears she... More

You Are The Only Exception:Ch 1 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 2 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 3 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 4 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 5 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 6 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 7 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 8 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 9 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 10 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 11 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 12 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 13 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 14 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 15 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 16 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 17 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 18 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 19 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 20 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 21 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 22 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 23 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 24 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 25 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 26 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 27
You Are The Only Exception: Ch 28
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 29 {Part 1}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 29 {Part 2}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 30 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 31
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 32 {T/S Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 33 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 34 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 35 {T/S Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception:Ch 36 {Teacher/Student Relationship}
You Are The Only Exception: Final Chapter

You Are The Only Exception:Ch 37

44K 368 66
By 10stephanieg

A/N: First off... thank you bunches to KatieLady15 for making that beautiful book cover! :) 

And to SummerBreath for the other book cover that's on the side!  

I fell in love with it. Reminds me so much of Michelle&Everett! :')

~You Are The Only Exception: {Teacher/Student Relationship}~

Chapter 37

_________________________________________________________

I squeezed Jason's hand tighter when I saw the needle of the speedometer raise slightly. We were flying down a dirt road, I turned to look out the window, the sun had gone down already, only a little orange was left, then darkness would take over. I hated the dark.

As the sun continued to go down, I saw trees zooming by, or the dark figures of trees. No street lights anywhere, I guess that's 'cause we were at the outskirts? I'm not sure. But the road looked abandoned, and no houses, or stores were near by, which only added to my list of worries.

I looked back out the windshield and, saw what looked like a parking lot up ahead. A lamppost was the only thing that lighted up a small portion of the lot. I squinted my eyes, (as if that could help to see better), and could make out another car there. Who was it?

"He's here." I heard Jason mutter.

I felt him squeeze my hand. I don't even think he noticed. "Who?" I felt myself asking.

"Everett." he sighed. He slide his hand from mine, and reached for the gun, that was in my other hand. I instinctively pulled it away from him, and pushed it so it was between my thighs, and clamped around it as tight as I could.

I saw Jason's hand stop, as it hovered over the my hand he let go. I hesitated to look up into his eyes, but finally gained the courage and looked up, before I wimp out.

He was looking at me intently. "Michelle." He reached over, but before he could touch it, I squeezed together legs tighter, that I knew when I gave him the gun, it would leave it shape in my thighs.

"No." I whispered, and shook my head.

He reached, and grabbed my hand that was covering the top of the gun. After a few minutes he pried my hand off. "Stop being a brat." he huffed out.

"No, stop, don't use it. Please." I almost yelled, urgently, as he was fighting with my hands. It was a good thing Everett couldn't see inside the car, since all light, except for the lamppost, was gone.

Finally he grabbed both my wrists in one of his large hands. If this wasn't a serious moment, I would be laughing, since he was breathing fast. Did I really make him work that hard? "I won't use it unless I have too." he whispered.

He used his other hand to grab the handle of the gun, the only part that was showing. "But you won't have to, right?"

He finally let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know."

I groaned inwardly, I wish I knew the answers. Or could tell the future, so I would know what would happen. I slowly relaxed my legs, and he easily pulled the gun out.

"Promise me nothing will happen." I found myself whispering.

I felt his stare on me, as I looked out the windshield. "I can't promise-"

"I just need you to tell me that everything will be fine!" I found myself yelling.

I turned to look back at Jason. "Michelle."

"Just please." I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

His eyes widened, and the hand not clutching the gun, went to caress my cheek. "Hey, okay fine, everything's going to be fine. See, there I said it, just, please stop crying."

He was telling, a pregnant, hormonal, teenage girl, to stop crying. That was impossible. I couldn't, maybe if I tried hard enough or...

"Hey, okay." He grabbed my face, leaving the gun in his lap. "Oh, god, I'm not good at this kind of stuff." He murmured more to himself., but I heard every word. He started caressing one of my cheeks, while his other ran through his hair.

"I just know something bad is going to happen tonight. I have this feeling-"

"Michelle, stop, please." he pleaded, as he grabbed my face. I felt his thumbs wiping under my eyes. "Please." I felt his warm breath on my lips, and that's when I finally noticed I closed my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"I don't know." His voice soft.

I opened my eyes slowly, and saw him searching my eyes, as I was his. His were full of concern.

"I don't know what I'm doing." he said quietly. "I'm sorry." he whispered before pressing his lips, softly to mine.

My teary eyes widened at his action. I seriously hoped Everett couldn't see us. Or anyone for that matter.

He pulled away slight, until his lips were brushing against mine. His eyes tightly shut, his brows furrowed. "I'm sorry. I'm just scared." he whispered, his voice sounded so vulnerable.

He let out a heavy sigh, and leaned his forehead against mine. His bark is worse than his bite.

"What?" My voice was slightly shaky, how did I barely notice that.

"I'm sorry." He opened his eyes slowly.

"It's fin-"

"Don't say it's fine." he snapped as he pulled away from me. "Because, I know it's not." he finished off, whispering.

"Have you ever fought..."

"Someone?" he finished for me. He glanced at me, and I nodded. "No. I haven't."

"Then what are you going to do out there?"

"I don't know. I just know, whatever he does I deserve."

"No you don't!" I whispered loudly.

Jason's looked at me, full on. His face showing pure shock, at my outburst. And then he finally cracked a small smile. "You're too nice. You know that?"

"No...?" I cocked one of my eyebrows.

"Well, you are. I do deserve-"

"You don't." I whispered quietly.

"Michelle, don't worry about me. Okay?" His voice low.

Silence fell between us. And uncomfortable silence. "Should we get out now?" I reached for the door handle, and rested my hand on it when Jason's voice stopped me.

"Stay in the car." His voice stern.

"Like hell." I murmured, and climbed out the car. I heard Jason laugh as I closed my door, and he opened up his.

I reached the front of the car in a hurry. And that's when I finally noticed a figure standing under the lamppost light. "Stay close to me, okay?" I heard Jason whispered.

I nodded, and began walking off in front of him. Jason grabbed one of my wrist, and pulled me back towards his side. He then placed my hand on his waist, where his jeans were low on his hips.

"I said 'stay close', " he sighed. " grab a hold of one of my belt loops then."

I nodded again, my head in a daze. I was too worried to respond back. So, I did what he asked, and laced two fingers into one of the loops on his pants, and held on tight. I looked down when I felt something cold touch my arm. It was the gun, he hidden it in the waist band of his jeans.

"What's she doing here?" I heard Everett, almost yell.

"Why can't she be here?" Jason questioned.

"Michelle, take his car, and go back to the apart-"

"I don't know the way back." I told him honestly. He was not, about to push me away from this.

"Then get a hotel, I'll pa-"

"No, I'm here so deal with it." I pursed my lips slightly. Seriously, a hotel? No way.

"See, she doesn't want to leave." Jason chuckled slightly.

"Everett turned to glare at him. "Shut up." he turned back to me, and his eyes quickly softened up. "Come here Michelle." He raised one of his hands for me to take.

I loosened the grip on Jason's pants. "Go." Jason murmured in my ear.

I looked up at him, to see him smiling down at me. He nudged my side with his elbow. I hesitantly released the loop of his jeans, and started towards Everett.

As soon as I was standing in front of him, he grabbed one of my hands, and pulled me towards him, and into a embrace. "God, I missed you." he murmured into my hair, as he buried his face in it. He pulled away so he can take my face in his hands. "Are you okay? He didn't hurt-"

"No, he didn't hurt me!" I cut him off, whispering loudly. I might not have known Jason for long, but something told me he wouldn't hurt me.

His facial expression changed, and a look of confusion, and slight hurt took place. "Okay?" It sounded like a question.

I groaned, and let my head fall. "Sorry."

"It's fine, as long as you're okay." he kiss the side of my head, and pushed me behind him.

"So, now what? Are you going hit me?" Jason asked.

"No." Everett snapped.

"Aw, why not Ever's?" He gave him a nickname? If this wasn't a serious situation, I would have laughed, or at least chuckled. " Come on. Hit me!" He shouted the end.

"Why should I?" Everett's question looked like it thrown him off guard.

"Come on the first hit. I'll give you that." Jason taunted.

"Shut up." Everett growled, and grabbed my face against. He caressed my cheeks in a gentle manner, as if it was helping to calm him down.

"Don't tell me I have to beat your ass again. Come on!" Jason looked like he was wanting Everett to hit him. "What are you gonna do?" he yelled.

Everett let go of my face, as if he finally had enough. "I'll beat the shit out of you, like you beat me." Everett snapped, and before I knew what was going to happen, Everett stepped towards Jason, and punched him square in the side of his jaw.

My eyes widened in horror. Jason tumbles back, and fell to the ground. I might not know a lot about this guy, but what I did know is if someone were to throw a punch, he definitely looked the guy to either dodge it, or block it. But he just stood there, acting like he deserved it.

"Everett." I whispered, not knowing if he would hear me or not, but he did since he turned around.

I looked down at Jason, to see him bleeding. His eyes widened at the sight of his own blood, and his face seem to pale.

"What?" Everett growled.

"I-I..." My voice small, the way he sounded, scared the shit out of me.

"Hey, you shouldn't talk to her like that." I looked down to see Jason, spit on the ground. His blood mixed with his saliva fell to the dirt below. "She deserves way better than someone, that's cheating on-"

"Shut the fuck up!" he yelled. Everett landed another punch to the other side of Jason's face, and Jason once again fell to the ground.

"Everett!" I yelled, and moved towards him, grabbing his arm.

"What!" he turned to face me, and was searching my body, as if something was wrong. But nothing was, and on Everett's part it was a bad idea for him to turn his back on someone. Especially Jason, who was now standing up, and pointing the gun at Everett.

My eyes widened once again, in horror, of what was going to happen, and what could happen. And right now, all the stuff that could happen, were running through my head at this very second.

Everett noticed the sudden change in my facial expression, and finally looked over his shoulder. I knew I couldn't see his face, but I'm pretty sure it mirror mine.

Jason grinned. "Did you really think I would come here without a gun?" he tilted his head.

"Look,-"

"No, you look! You don't get to talk now! If you so much as speak a word, I'll shoot!"

I felt my stomach turn, and my knees wobble, at what was said. He wouldn't do that... would he?

"Jason, put it down." Everett said slowly.

Jason threw his head back, and laughed. "Not a chance, Thompson."

"What the hell did I do?" he growled back.

"You, and that shit, Miles went to the cops. That's what." I looked closely, and saw that the gun was shaking slightly.

"It was the right thing to do!"

"Right, and that's why my brother's dead."

"He might have been the one to start that jail brawl in the first place. You wouldn't know."

"I'll never know! He's gone now." Jason whispered the last part out.

"And now you know how I feel about Miles' brother. He was like my brother." Everett countered.

Jason glared. "I might not kill you, but I will hurt you."

I heard sirens off in the distance. Red, and blue lights bouncing off the trees, and night, as the police cars came speeding down the dirt road we had taken.

"So, that's where they went." I heard Jason murmured. I'm guessing he was talking about Miles, and Riley.

"Jason." I heard myself say.

He snapped his head in my direction, and his eyes instantly softened, and showed the same kindness he had shown me once again. "Michelle." he whispered. The gun still pointed at Everett, I don't think he was going to drop his hand anytime soon.

"put down the gun." I found myself saying.

"I can't." He shook his head, and closed his eyes for a few seconds, as if debating with himself.

"You can." I took a step forward, but Everett stepped in my way.

"No Michelle."

I inwardly sighed, and pushed passed him. The gun was now pointed at me. "Put it down."

He shook his head once again. "You know I can't."

"Tell me why again." I whispered.

"Because... I'll shame my families name if I back down. My brothers name especially." The gun tilted downwards the slightest bit.

"Michelle get away from him." Everett called from behind me.

He made it sound like he was some sort of monster. "Revenge is stupid." I turned my attention back towards Jason, ignoring Everett's comment.

"Yes, it is." Jason laughed. "But it'll feel so good." What? That didn't make any sense. He wouldn't do it. I had a feeling he wouldn't do this without a reason.

"Drop the weapon now!" A electronic sounding voice was being used. I looked over Jason's shoulder to see two police cars, and a few police officers standing by. One was using the loud speaker attached to the squad car.

"Jason." Realization hit me. He wanted this. He wanted them to be here, so he can shoot, and they'll fire, possibly killing him.

"Michelle, over this short time I known you, you've been the kindest person I've ever met." All of a sudden, I felt my eyes begin to water.

I shook my head slightly. "Jason." I was about to take a step towards him, when he shook his head at me.

"Thank you." He sent a small smile my way.

"For what?" My voice cracked at the end.

"Showing me kindness." He grinned at me, and went back to looking over my shoulder. A loud bang filled the air, and then another.

I felt something fly pass my head, leaving my hair blown back for the slightest second from whatever it was. And suddenly a scream filled the air, it took my a few seconds to realize it was me. I opened my eyes, that had closed on instinct.

I saw Jason on the ground, blood puddling next to him in the dirt. An officer ran over. "Ma'am stay right there." I nodded, as he bent down to check the pulse in his neck.

I turned around, and saw Everett laying on his back, and also on the ground. He was holding his shoulder. I glanced between Everett, and Jason. God, I hate making decisions. "He's gone." I heard the officer that was crouching next to Jason, say to the other officer next to him.

Jason's gone. I can't think about that now, I shook my head. I quickly walked over to Everett, as I kneeled down next to him, I noticed a hole in his left shoulder he was holding. Blood dripping out, and over his hand.

"Everett." I whispered. My hands hovered over his face, not wanting to hurt him.

"That fucking hurts." I looked up at his face, to see him smirking at me.

I almost smiled back. Almost. "Stop that." I scowled him.

His smiled instantly dropped. "Hey, stop crying. Please?" His voice soft, and velvety.

I reached up, and touched one of my cheeks, and sure enough it was wet from the tears that were streaming down. "Shut up, stupid." I wiped both of my cheeks with the back of my hands.

He chuckled, wincing whenever he felt pain, I'm guessing. "Cute."

I heard another siren coming closer to us. "The ambulance is almost here sir, just sit tight." The officer patted my shoulder, and smiled down at me, as if telling me everything's going to be alright.

"Everett. I'm sorry." After the officer left, I turned my attention back to him.

"Hey, stop. It's not your fault, okay?" He grunted as he pushed himself up off the ground, my hands stretched forward slightly to catch him if he fell. But he didn't.

"But-"

"No, no buts, ands, or ifs, okay?" He stared at me waiting for my reply.

"'kay." I nodded.

"Good." He smirked, and cupped my cheek with his slightly blooded hand, but I didn't care. His face softened once again. "I love you, Michelle." His thumb caressed my cheek.

"I know." I smiled back. Then the scent of blood hit me, I cringed inwardly as I felt my stomach churn.

The ambulance, arrived shortly after, and hauled him into the back of the truck. He waved to me, as they treated what the could from the back, and soon they sped off.

"Ma'am are you okay? You look pale." I noticed another ambulance, and looked up from my spot on the ground, to see a lady hovering over me.

"Yeah." I nodded weakly.

I tried to stand up, but wobbled once I was on my feet. "Why don't we take you to the hospital also." The middle aged women told me, as he held on to my arms.

"No," I shook my head, bad idea, it was making the world spin. " I'm fine really." I told her, as I closed my eyes.

"Really?" I noted the sarcasm.

I laughed. "Fine."

"Thank you." She helped me into the ambulance, and onto the gurney that was in the back. As soon as I settled onto the gurney.

I though of everything that went down tonight. The kind side to Jason, and what he did to himself. I touch of Everett. I thought of Miles, and Riley. Everybody came to my mind, and it was just making me sleepier.

I felt my eyes grow heavy, and soon enough, I fell asleep,... in the back of an ambulance, just as she stuck me with and IV needle.

_________________________________________________________

<3Stephanie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
31.6K 679 48
Genevieve loves her friends, her family, wants nothing more than to live a "perfect life". She's painfully shy, has never had a boyfriend, and works...
3.5M 72.5K 36
At age 16, Alex's heart was broken severely by the only boy she felt loved her. Now she's back and he left an everlasting change. She's dropped the g...
274K 6.9K 24
Sara Overstreet wanted nothing more than Hayden's Love, but in high school nothing every turns out the way you want it to. What happens when they com...