A Fury from Within

由 abhilasha84

In 5000 B, C, a forbidden liaison between the two most powerful gods namely Megeara a Fury and Thanatos the g... 更多

A Fury from Within
Born for destruction
Tragedy and stirring
plotting and betrayal
Explanation and questions part1
part 2
A battle.. and pretty much sc*****
Evil is in the air .. and in her.
Strange dreams
Destiny and sisters
important note abt the previous chapter
Daily curriculum
Doomsday specialists

Hell Hath no fury l

103 4 0
由 abhilasha84

As the car started to turn towards the George Washington Bridge, Tara lost her patience and gave up her “ I ain’t giving them no satisfaction of talking” stance and finally asked ‘ Ok assholes. Tell me where the fuck are you taking me? Cause this movie secret agent attitude of not saying a word... at least in a language I don’t understand is seriously pissing me off.

The creature formerly known as Aaron backhanded her so hard that she tasted blood on her lip “Shut up or I will kill you, mistress or no mistress”.

Tara snarled and threw herself at him head butting him in the process ‘ Slap me again like that I swear you ‘ll be begging me to put a bullet in your brain once I’m finished with you”.

Aaron threw her on her side and laughed along with the two psychotic creatures in front “ You stupid girl, we ‘re the most ancient and powerful of our species. Even the gods give us a wide berth. What are you?”.

Tara curled her lip at them but her sinking heart knew they fell in to the crazy but not stupid area. The car they chose was the best armoured one they could find. A 2010 B6 Armoured Jeep Cherokee. To apply the whipping cream on the cake, she spotted a couple of rocket launchers in the trunk as they shoved her inside the car. This was a well thought out, carefully executed and almost fool proof plan.

The school and her friend thought she was at home tending to her father so they won’t call until tomorrow …maybe. And even if they found out she had been kidnapped there was no way in hell they could beat such humongous paranormal monsters who look as if they have jumped out of a Stephen King book which he might have written with her childhood favourite R.L Stine, the master of slimy, yucky monsters. I’m so screwed, she thought her every plan of possible escape reducing to mere dust.

 Suddenly an explosion ripped through the air in front of the car, the driver swerved and crashed into a tree. Sal and the driver were thrown in the front through the glass. Aaron was thrown sideways into the window and sailed off outside into the air whereas Tara fell down on her head on the floor. Groaning she rubbed her head where a vicious bump was forming. Damn it. Suddenly the door was ripped apart and a tall, blonde and extremely striking woman dragged her outside.

“ You really should pick your friends better “. The woman snarled as she put her on her pavement none too gently and started to administer to her wounds.

Tara was offended as hell but was too tired and too pissed off to even give the slightest of a flying shit “Who the fuck are you?”

“Your effing saviour, so be thankful”. She said in a language which should be Greek to her but she understood as if it was English. But she didn’t have time to frown upon her sudden ability to understand a language without training as the sound of groaning and swearing which was so foul that it made her mistress of profanity blush. But it stopped as soon as they saw her saviour. Their bodies exploded that into a lion’s and a tail suddenly appeared from their butts . A missile – firing tail .Tara‘s eyes bulged and  she backed off hurriedly, whereas the woman stared at them with a bored expression.

‘Seriously people. After so many years you haven’t done a makeover. Gods, how boring and uncreative can you be. Do you still believe people piss their pants when they see you dressed like your mother?”.

The creatures roared and charged her. She just raised an eyebrow at them and removed her sword. With a move which would put Bruce Lee to shame she sliced the head off the two of them in one go. But the third one was a bit more careful. He lashed out with his tail sending out sparks which she had to jump to avoid. But that made her vulnerable to his second attack as he punched her so hard she went flying in the air and landed on the back of the wall.

The creature grinned evilly at the lady’s unconscious form and started towards her . Tara was a bit scared but she would be damned before she would show it to him , she picked up her sword and swung it , the monster swiped it away and caught hold of her shirt and started to drag her. As he dragged her towards the car, she picked up the fallen sword and drove it through his back and straight through his heart. He gasped and blew up into dust.

A slight moaning broke her triumphant dance as she rushed to the girl’s side. “ Hey you ok?”.

Althea got up to see the girl leaning over her concerned. “Other than a severely hurting ego and a sore butt I’m okay. I can’t believe I was cocky enough to not anticipate that. I should be kicked on my ass several times over.”

Tara smiled and laughed “Probably yeah. That was stupid not to watch for that. At least I was here to save your sorry ass” Althea showed her the finger and got up, stretching . Suddenly a redhead came running towards her “ Al, you idiot. I thought you would handle this. Our job was to protect her and shield her”.

“ I was unconscious Iola. Why don’t you try to do that when you’re knocked out cold?”. Althea said gritting her teeth ‘ Anyway she did fine on her own.”.

Iola rolled her eyes” You dumbass, that was exactly what we had been specifically forbidden to do. She was not supposed her to reveal herself.”

Tara ‘s head whipped from on irate girl to another “ Ok ladies stand down. Tell me what exactly the hell is happening?”.

Iola and Althea looked at each other ‘Should we tell her?”. A second after “Nah.”

Tara ground her won teeth in frustration “Iola, Althea I will beat you- . Suddenly a vision ripped through her mind. In it Michael was ripped apart by a creature who looked horrible like the one she had killed just now. She gasped as she saw the creature she killed disappear. Picking up the sword she started to run ignoring the voices of the other two girls ,. She yelled for a cab and as soon as it appeared she jumped into it and said “25th Street and I’ll make it triple if you crank it up ”. She slammed the door before they could reach her and the cab drove full speed towards his house.

“ 25th Street- The driver barely got the words before she shoved 500 dollars in his hands and ran towards the red building where Michael lived alone. Her heart was hammering with fear and trepidation. She hoped and prayed to every God she knew that she was in time to save him.

 She automatically wanted to use the elevator but when she saw it was on the top floor and would take time she didn’t have. She ran up the stairs at such a speed which was almost inhuman. When she reached the tenth floor where his apartment was, she was strangely neither sweaty nor panting, but she ignored that and rang the bell screaming ‘Michael open the goddamn door please, you’re in danger.”

After ringing twenty hundred times she grew even more scared for him and hit the door so hard that it broke into two pieces. She rushed inside and looked for him in every room up and down. Just as she was beginning to think he wasn’t there, she heard a noise of a giggle. A girl’s giggle. She froze as she realized the voice came from his bedroom. His “ girl time” bedroom on the first level near the kitchen and bathroom.

As she walked towards it, her mind was reassuring her that it maybe was his step sister who came to visit him and he must be showing off his video games he keeps there. He always had them there for time pass after “girl time” .. well until she came along. Not that he stopped playing video games, just that after the session they played games together. She opened the door saying “Hey Michael you didn’t tell me Mich-

She stopped as she saw Michael hurriedly covering up his bare body and the dark haired girl next to him pulled up the sheets as well, he said in a nonchalant voice which fooled no one “Hey girl. Um, I’m sorry..?”

That did it. The betrayal of her friends, the frustration of secrecy, her mother’s suicide had been grating on her poker face and anger. But finding the only man she thought she was in love with in bed with another woman pushed over the edge. Electricity went through her as she roared with rage. It was as if the demon inside of her had awoken with a vengeance and now it possessed every part of her. Every part of her wanted his blood. To drink in it and bathe in it until she could no longer stand it.

Her eyes were dripping blood literally as she picked up the cowering girl and threw her across the room where she landed on the dressing table near the door. The mirror broke as she crashed into it and fell down on the floor, unconscious and bleeding badly. She went next to her and inhaled her neck, taking in the smell of her refreshing blood. Tangy yet sweet. It took all her willpower not to drink all the blood dripping out of her head but she turned with an evil smile to a cowering and wide eyed Michael “Come on baby. Let’s play”.

Michael charged her but she dodged him by flying up with her black wings. She tsked at him “Can you do this much only?” She wrapped her hands around her neck and tightened. His eyes bulged as he started to choke. Just as he was about to go over the edge she released him and he fell down coughing and gasping. ‘ Did you think I would kill you that easily? Believe me sweetie you will be wishing I did so”. She punched him on his face . Hard. So hard that she heard the delicious noise of bones breaking. He screamed in pain . She took a broken shard of glass and cut his handsome face through the cheek. More blood. She thought fervently as the delectable smell urged her to taste it until she was drunk from it.

She pulled his hair and forced him to look to her “ Look at me you son of a bitch!”. Forcing him to look at her terrifying eyes which held nothing but pure hatred for him and a demanding need for his blood. Suddenly she felt her fingers and toes growing . Literally growing into long, sharp enough to kill with one scratch deadly black talons. Her eyes widened “ Cool”. She said wonderingly. Seeing her distracted, he started to run for the door just to see the door close with a bang.

“Did you think I’ll let you go before the great finale?”. Wings gone had gone but her talons remained. She approached him with a deadly intent. Michael paled and tried to run from her but was stopped by an invisible shield. He looked up at her just before she ripped him in half screaming in a language he didn’t know “Sapísoun sti̱n kólasi̱! Rot in hell! “. Just before he let out his last breath and died.

Althea and Iola at that moment came rushing inside and saw the carnage and the demonic woman who was hovering above. “ Oh Gods!”.

That brought her out of her demonic haze. Her wings disappeared , the red haze in her eyes disappeared and she fell down . Confused as hell, she looked at them not seeing the massacre she had caused. “ What am I doing here?”.

Althea said gravely “ Tara … you have awakened.”

Tara frowned as the words went completely beyond the lobe of understanding in her brain ‘ What are you-” she finally looked down and saw Michael lying dead in a pool of blood. “ Michael! Oh God , What happened?”.

A bolt of lightning struck outside. Althea said “ We will explain everything . We have to get away”. She pulled at her hand but she slithered out of her grasp. “ What happened here? Who is this woman and why is Michael dead?”. She cried out “ I want answers!”.

Iola said flatly “ You killed him Tara.”

Althea frowned at her as Tara paled ‘ Iola! What’s wrong with you?’.

Iola looked at her with innocently “ Isn’t it true?”.

Tara yelled “ SHUT UP! How could I have killed him? He was my boyfriend. And hypothetically if i did how come I don’t remember it?”.

Althea went to her and rubbed her hand “Tara please we will explain everything on the way to our home. Just please come with us now. Things have changed a whole lot Tara. You need to sit to understand this’.

Tara looked at her searching her gaze but found nothing but sincerity. Deciding to trust her, she nodded and ran behind them as the sky darkened with heavy clouds. Iola and she entered the car standing in front of the house she recognized as Michael’s and Althea took the driver’s position. Looks like we’re in for a hell of a storm she thought as she looked up at the sky. Althea revved the car up and sped off in the darkness of New York City which was almost as bright as the morning. Something inside her told her to savour the sight as this might be the last time she sees the city.

 This definitely is one of my fave chapters! My main inspiration for this chapter was a very famous phrase "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". If you like it , please -

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

继续阅读