Case No.12 | Haikyuu!! AU

By Soulless_panda

■■DISCONTINUED■■ "Sometimes it takes a mistake to help realize that the world really is made up of evil" When... More

File 0
File 2

File 1

446 43 71
By Soulless_panda

 Can you believe how words can turn the tables around? So much it ends up ruining someone who hadn't even been a part of that situation? That was Yamaguchi Tadashi.

 And so the wheel spun and spun, until there was nothing left to have it continue. Until no one was there to spin it. And all that was left were the words and actions the instructions left behind. 

 But didn't you know? Someone created those instructions. Someone was responsible, and someone had to carry out those orders like a script of a play. 

 Karasuno had once been the best agency once. Their members were literally able to solve any type of riddle. So what happened..?

 His feet crunched against small pebbles, and his breathe almost gave way. But he couldn't give up now. Not when they were after him like this.

 Not when he had been accused- no, framed for such a terrible situation.

 "Kageyama's death was not an accident," Hinata said hastily, blunt with all of his sanity he had left-

 "I'll kill Yamaguchi Tadashi. I swear."

 It wasn't him.

 "Bring Yamaguchi back- dead or alive!" Daichi ordered, as he could see the distraught that entered everyone's expression.

 Don't blame him; the evidence may have pointed to him alone, but you haven't heard his opinion yet.

 And there it was- lifeless, mangled, and definitely dead.

 Yamaguchi has been on the run, and it had been pretty late. All he had now was the bitter memories that filled his head, repeating over and over.

 "Y-You didn't do it... right?" Yachi's voice hitched, and his eyes widened, the, now, youngest male member hugged his knees, Yamaguchi looked out through the curtains of his apartment to see flashing lights of the car he was indeed familiar with. 

 He remembered that worried tone, "Yamagu-!!"

 He dropped the phone as soon as he could, and sprinted down the hallway. There had to be an exit around here... correct? "I didn't do it..." But he knew that the evidence pointed to him, and him alone. Why would no one believe him? His team... team 3, specifically, he had been with them for about a month. They solved that case together... did they forget?

 Yamaguchi gazed at the stars that lit the dazzling sky, that same, old, green haired, new kid.

 He then loosened the grip he had on his legs, the boy who loved to check if any other crimes relate to the current one.

 He heard a few cars pass by, and the sirens fading in the distance. He sighed, why was it Kageyama out of all people? Why was he the target? Why was I framed?

 --Flashback--

 "Yamaguchi Tadashi, at your service," the male exclaimed, bowing the slightest bit and looking downwards at the ground. Tsukishima rolled his eyes, and Yachi clapped her hands, "amazing, amazing, Yamaguchi-san! " He then lifted his head slowly and made eye contact with the female, "you really think so?"

 "That was great," the short blonde smiled, "really."

 "Mind taking your romance somewhere else? We have work to do," Tsukishima sighed, placing his headphones back on his head. He then sat down in his desk and placed his fingers gently on the coffee mug. "Eh- Tsukki?!" Yamaguchi snapped, trying to be all confident, "I'm just trying to rehearse before team 1 arrives."

 The blonde bean pole shrugged his shoulders, "please," He started, "it's enough I have to deal with the King and his shrimp. Don't make it harder for me by acting like a dork."

 Yachi's ears perked up, King shrimp. Not bad, not bad.

 "Me- a dork?"

 "You heard me. Now shut up, I need to make sure these kids aren't getting into any type of trouble." Tsukishima viewed the computer, watching as Kageyama and Hinata tried to unlock a safe. He then clicked the unmute button, and zoomed into the video. "Hey, morons. Show me the lock."

 "Tsukishima? Is that you?" Hinata asked, holding his hand to his ear. "No, Shrimpy-kun, it's your shadow."

 With that being said, the ginger looked at Kageyama very confused. "It's Tsukishima Kei, at your service." He facepalmed, as Yamaguchi pulled a closed fist out then in, extremely satisfied. "Ohh- anyways, Bakashima-san, can you help Kageyama and I with this lock?"

 "No." He snickered sarcastically as Kageyama crossed his arms and Hinata made a dog pout. Tsukishima didn't even know why he tried with this duo. No one could be stupider than these two. "I'll help; that's what I'm here for."

 "Alright, switching to our lens," the raven haired male indicated, as he clicked something that had been on the ear device as well. Now Tsukishima had been able to see what he had been seeing. More specifically, the contacts these boys wore were actually cameras that allowed their 'in office worker' to help them in any type of situation.

 The head of Karasuno still needed to check on their progress. Maybe now Hinata and Kageyama could do something way more real than a test to open a box. No worries, though, they were enjoying it. Kageyama got them this far at least.

 As soon as Tsukishima had a good look at the lock, he breathed. "It's the kind where you have to listen closely."

 "That's understandable. 1-8-0-9's the code we got... It's like a number doesn't  belong."

 "I get it, I get it. Get closer to the dial."  The blonde responded back, having Kageyama get in eye sight of the lock. "I'm enhancing the volume. I need you to stay quiet," he ordered. "On my 'go', start twisting it slowly."

 Kageyama nodded, and Hinata just observed, pretending they were undercover, and had to be sure no one was going to catch them in their act.

 "Go," Tsukishima then raised his volume levels way over they needed to go. If they were to make a loud sound, he would definitely lose his ears.

 The blonde started to hear small clicks and clattering, so he grabbed a paper and a pen. He then jot down the numbers as fast as he could. He was surprised, really, that Hinata and Kageyama hadn't been talking.

 Yamaguchi was fiddling around, thinking about how team 1 would be like. A) They were extremely cool and would see the potential in Yamaguchi

 B) They are full of themselves and think that they are the greatest things in the world, but somehow giving Yamaguchi a promotion.

 C) Practically any situation where Yamaguchi gets noticed.

 "And done," Tsukishima sighed, lowering the volume. "What's the code?" Hinata asked, a little fazed by the concept. What if there were more puzzles after they had solved this one? What could possibly be in the safe? 

 This test wasn't only for the ginger and his King, it also had to be done with Yachi or Tsukishima behind the scenes. Yamaguchi had already passed his, with the female IT specialist helping him. He roughly passed, but it was impressive. "I'll say it slowly," the blonde stated. "1-0-9."

 "Trashishima isn't that stupid," the shrimp got on his knees. Turning the dial to the left for 4 rotations, he stopped at 1, then 0 and then 9. He heard a click, and the box like object opened up. "We did it," the ginger smiled holding up a note, "we passed."

 Kageyama exhaled deeply, and put a thumbs up towards the camera. Tsukishima couldn't be more relieved; he had to go through this with those. As soon as that had happened, he switched off his computer, and took off the headphones he had had on. "So I see that you're done," the freckled male clasped his hands together.

 "Yeah, so?"

 "What was your combination?" He asked, now trying to fix that cowlick. "1-0-9."

 "Really? Ours was 1-1-2... Strange, right?" With that, Tsukishima nodded, as he finished the last of his now cold coffee which left a bitter after taste in his mouth.

"How cool! You finished it almost as quick as Yamaguchi-san and I did," Yachi grinned. "That's because Yamaguchi is smarter than the King and his shrimp. They barely passed highschoo-"

"Ayy; Tsukishima! You did-" Hinata shouted as he walked in looking at the intimidating blonde male, "...good."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I take that back you-you-!" The ginger stuttered as he thought of a comeback. "Go on," Tsukishima teased. "G-G-Guys please quiet down... we're having visitors soon..!" The shortest of the five spoke out quite concerned. But it did the trick, everyone stopped interacting with one another.

 Yamaguchi finally got the little strand of hair down from the top of his head, making him stretch his lips like an idiot. Finally! I look pretty decent now, don't I-

 Before he could celebrate, the hair piece sprung back up, making the newbie drop his shoulders. But that wasn't all; a few people started knocking on the door. Kageyama opened it and with no surprise, it had been the famous team 1. What seemed to be the tallest and most intimidating member happened to give a deep bow. "We're the team who had been assigned to check on you guys."

 Kageyama also dropped his head low, "yeah, please come in!" As soon as he said that, a platinum blonde male who seemed to be a few years older had patted the older male's back, "you don't have to do that all the time, Asahi."

 "Yeah, that should be Sawamura's job!" A short female grinned, as she stepped into the room, "I'm Yui Michimiya, nice to meet you all, rookies."

 Another male who seemed as old as the one with the mole also spoke up, "I like to see Asashi so hyped up, you know that," he started, "I'm Sawamura Daichi, the one who will be assessing you as well as this agency's captain." The so called 'Asahi' then nervously rubbed his neck, "geez, you don't have to say it like that, Daichi, Yui... I'm Asahi Azumane, by the way." The very sweet looking figure then walked into the room, "I'm Sugawara Koushi, it's very nice to meet you guys."

 Last but not least was a female, with a very attractive complexion, "Kiyoko... Kiyoko Shimizu." They then scanned through the new recruits and smiled. Yamaguchi knew all of them, especially Asahi. He had been one of the best self-defense specialists this agency has ever gotten. He has been labelled the 'Combatant Prodigy' or 'Ace' ever since he enrolled. Well, there was one more, but that was way before their time, when Karasuno had been the best. They called him the 'Little Giant', and he had been someone Hinata Shouyou had been willing to become.

 "Y-Yamaguchi Tadashi, at your service!" He bowed the lowest he could go. "Y-Yachi H-Hitoka, it's a pleasure to meet you, s-senpais!"

 "Kageyama Tobio, it's nice to meet you."

 "Hinata Shouyou, remember the name!" And with that everyone bowed, except for the one person who hadn't introduced himself. "Tsukishima Kei..."

 And that made everything easier for the most professional of teams. They made Hinata and Kageyama work together, and Yamaguchi and  Tsukishima work together as well. Yachi would mainly be behind the screen with the freak-like duo, but if she were needed elsewhere, she made a good pair up with Yamaguchi. But that was the day the tall male was sent home earlier.

 That was the time he had been abruptly framed, accused.

 The hour where Kageyama's body had been found, placed inside the lab.

 And now, Yamaguchi had to place the puzzle pieces together, solve this despicable riddle, save his pride, his work, and his sanity.

 Why was it Kageyama..? What did he possibly do? He wasn't one to go down so easily, so the only logical explanation was that he either done it himself, or it had been someone he trusted-

 This was ridiculous! A few months ago, Yamaguchi couldn't even stand the sight of blood, and now he apparently shot the being 6 times?! This didn't make sense, he didn't know where to start-

 He heard the slight sound of metal clashing together a few meters away from him. Yamaguchi turned his head to the right slowly, revealing his tear drenched face. That wasn't just anything rubbing against each other, that was the sound of a gun reloading.

 Tsukishima Kei's revolver, to be precise. 

 The suspects eyes expanded, to the point where his eyes were locked on the blonde. He couldn't even say anything. But the IT specialist could, and he did it well. "Not turning yourself in, running away like that, sitting in the back of an alley so pathetically-"

 That's not it.

 "Remember the first time we enrolled into Karasuno, our team checked into Aoba Johsai?"

 Yeah, I know... the time when Kageyama had this awful look on his face.

 "A few days ago, a body was found in that agency as well. Well before you killed Kageyama,"

 No, no, no, Tsukki , you have to think this is some sick joke as well...

 "You know whose body has been found inside the storage room a few days later, hidden away so ingeniously?"

  You have to be kidding me-

 "Kindaichi Yuutarou. Does that name ring a bell?"

 We bumped into him that day... He was kind enough to show us around although he had some bad chemistry with Kageyama.

 Tsukishima pointed the gun towards Yamaguchi's skull, having his heart skip a few beats. He felt like he was about to puke; his stomach churned in weird ways. "March 11th, 2018. 9:57 PM," the blonde placed his finger on the trigger as he said a few words that made the male on the floor horrified.

 "Yamaguchi Tadashi, for the murder of both Kageyama Tobio of Karasuno and Kindaichi Yuutarou of Seijoh, I now pronounce you guilty."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 27.6K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
136K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
661K 40.4K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
257K 8.3K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...