teach me to be innocent, l.he...

By fckinghealy

when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence More

#1: no punching people
#2: ditching is a thrill
#3: don't hide your brilliant mind
#4: be the seducer not the seduced
#5: don't laugh at someone's embarrassment
#6: breaking curfew won't kill you
#7: giving to others is rewarding
#8: weed never killed nobody
#9: respect women
#10: don't assume i'm a whore
#11: don't underestimate girl power
#13: promise to leave me alone
#14: sometimes you have to break promises
#15: tequila shots don't heal broken people
#16: good people forgive
#17: other people's actions aren't a reflection of your worth
#18: time can heal all wounds
#19: fucking doesn't mean lack of love
#20: i'll always be back for you
#21: being good has benefits
#22: michael is full of surprises
#23: everyone's a rebound
#24: the truth always comes out
#26: it should be illegal for you to wear my clothes
end

#12: don't overestimate my control

7.8K 302 205
By fckinghealy

My mind was doing backflips. "What?"

"Please." He said it in that same tone as the one back at my house. That tone that makes me want to picture what else I could get him to beg for.

"Why?" I rasped out, trying to keep control. "If this is some lesson..."

Luke covered my mouth quickly before shaking his head. I desperately wanted to brush away the strand that fell across his forehead in a delicious manner.

"I want to kiss you because the thought of your skin against mine has been driving me fucking crazy." He growled, dipping his head slightly so our noses brushed. "I want to kiss you because the feel of your lips was enough to make me want to drown in you."

Definitely not the responses I had been expecting.

"Okay." I breathed loudly. "Yeah, okay." I rushed out, wanting to feel his lips against mine. If I was being honest with myself, I had wanted this familiar feeling since the first time Luke kissed me.

I slide my hands down to Luke's waist just for the way his eyes got a shade darker, for the way his tongue darted out to wet his lips.

"Alright," He swallowed, reaching out a hand to press it against the wall by my head.

He leant in enough that the length of his arm all the way to his elbow is pressed against the wall, and our lips are inches apart. Luke pressed our foreheads together delicately, enough that it made my mouth curve into a soft smile, made him take a slow breath.

It was silent for a moment, our noses brushing as one of us moved forward only for the other to pull back slightly. After what seemed like an endless game, his lips finally pressed against mine. I shut my eyes and immediately leant into the kiss, moving my lips slowly. It didn't feel as rushed or lustful as the kiss they shared in the school hallway, which was a bit ironic.

Luke kissed like he talked, slow and lazy with his fingers pressed into my hips. Without the urgency of our first kiss, Luke tastes soft and sweet, like something comfortable and lived-in, like we've done this a hundred times.

When Luke finally pulled away, he wore a smug expression but I merely smiled and knocked my forehead against his softly.

"Lesson twelve; don't overestimate my control." Luke breathed, before pulling back and shooting him a grin. His soft laughter echoed throughout the Haunted House and that was enough to make me forget about my confusion.

We managed to make it through the rest of the house without any screams on my behalf. I didn't bring up the kiss, still a bit unsure what it really meant. Luke said it wasn't a lesson but that still didn't reassure me. I decided to put the entire event out of my head and just enjoy the rest of the night.

I could fret over whatever was happening between us later tonight when I was alone. I was about to suggest the clown game when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Ashton: Are you at the carnival? I swear I saw you.

Me: yeah!! i'm here with luke

Ashton: Brilliant. I'm with Hugh. Double date? ;)

Me: lol no thank u. meet up by the popcorn stand in 5?

Ashton: Yeah, Calum is here too. I'll text him.

"Ashton and his boy toy are here." I nudged Luke and showed him the text messages. Luke seemed amused at the concept of double dating.

"I'm hungry anyway." He nodded towards the direction of the popcorn stand.

About 5 minutes later, Luke had already gone through two bags of popcorn. I was still on my first when he looked over at me.

"Where's Ashton? I'm itching to beat your ass in the clown game." He teased, and I almost laughed out of shock. I had been thinking that not even ten minutes ago.

"In your dreams, Hemmings." I stuck my tongue out.

"They're probably dirty dreams." Someone chided from behind. I twisted around and let out a grin when I spotted Calum, Ashton, Hugh and Katherine.

"Hey, I didn't know you were here." I reached out to hug Katherine but she just stepped behind Calum so I awkwardly lowered my arms.

"Yeah, neither." She shrugged.

"I saw Katherine hanging out by the Pier so I dragged her along." Calum explained, pulling his beanie down over his forehead. "I didn't want to look completely pathetic going to an amusement park all by myself."

"What happened to Hailey?" I asked, referring to the girl he had been hanging around lately.

Ashton let out a laugh before burying his head in Hugh's neck when Calum shot him a glare. Luke also seemed amused. Was there something I didn't know? Clearly there was.

"Hailey Grant?" Luke tilted his head and shot Calum a smirk. "You went there?"

"Oh, fuck off." Calum groaned and I watched as his cheeks brightened. "How was I s'posed to know?"

"Know what?" I whined, looking around my circle of friends. "What happened to Hailey? I thought you guys had been on a few dates."

"We had. I mean, she was hot and crazy. Great girl." Calum cleared his throat as Luke and Ashton fell into a fit of laughter.

I ignored them. "And?"

"I might've underestimated the crazy." Calum mumbled.

"How so?"

"She used to make voodoo dolls of her ex-boyfriends and pin them around her room, along with some other freaky stuff. She wanted me to rub pig blood over myself and sacrifice my 'virginity' to the Gods." He rushed out

I paused as Ashton and Luke absolutely lost their shit. They were nearly in tears – even Hugh was trying not to smile. Katherine was standing there, probably wondering why she hung out with a group of weirdos like us.

"The most unrealistic part of that was that she thought you were a virgin." I sighed quietly.

"I heard the crazy ones were freaky in the bedroom but that's just a whole new level." Luke smirked. I elbowed him in the ribcage. I wasn't entirely comfortable discussing other peoples sex lives, and maybe Hailey was going through some things. Either way, we didn't have a right to dissect her life like this.

"Don't spread any rumours." My eyebrows furrowed. "And don't call her crazy. Be respectful, okay?"

Katherine snorted. "There you go again, all high and mighty like you've never bitched about someone."

"What is your problem with me?" I was slightly hysterical at this point. Katherine had always been a bit on the mean side, but I had never had to deal with it before.

"Guys, let's not fight." Ashton quickly stepped in between us both as Luke pulled me back a fraction. "Arizona is right. Let's stop being dicks and just get on with the night."

"Agreed." Luke mumbled, before twisting slightly so his lips grazed my ear. "You alright?" He asked quietly, but Katherine seemed to pick up on it regardless.

"Well, aren't you guys absolutely adorable!" She gasped, letting her hands flutter towards her chest in fake cheer. "So. Freaking. Cute." The sarcasm wasn't lost on me.

"Stay classy, Katherine." Luke rolled his eyes, before throwing his arm around me. I remained silent, wondering why the hell Katherine was acting so out of line. Even Ashton and Calum were looking around awkwardly.

Katherine let out a bit of a sour laugh and, for a second, I think she's going to say something biting again, something cruel, so I brace myself for it. However, to my pleasant surprise, she didn't follow up her laugh with any words. She merely glared at the ground.

"I personally wanted to see the Haunted House." Calum clapped his hands, obviously trying to change the subject.

"I'll go with you." Katherine grabbed Calum's arm.

"I'm more of a rides kind of guy." Hugh ran his fingers through his hair before resting his hand on Ashton's lower back. I bit back a smile.

"I second that." Ashton nodded.

"Well, we can meet back later." Katherine twisted around before Luke and I even had a chance to state our preferences. "Later losers."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 385 55
[[Sequel to Imagination]] Nothing lasts forever, nothing stays the same. ((Completed))
108K 3.5K 15
When a girl who doesn't believe in love and a boy who wants to fall in love, meet.
37.7K 697 41
In which a girl who's scared of love falls for a boy who's afraid of being left. ((Completed)) *under editing* Rankings: #2 in lukehemmings
291 1 19
a missed/lost opportunity (a chance that you did not use) all rights reserved