Not Of Language

By jose104s

A boy, a teen, a triplet, an athlete, the "pretty boy" who everyone adored. He was Kade, captain of the footb... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. After

6.

50 27 22
By jose104s

Just one more day. I reminded myself as I entered the school that morning.

I knew already that I was going to be late for my first hour. To be entirely honest though, I was trying to be late. Anything to stay clear of anyone in the halls.

There were still some stragglers in the long hall but no one who cared enough to mess with me let alone acknowledge my existence.

Collecting my needed supplies from my book bag, I place it back into my locker and leisurely slump to class to begin the day.

***

Lunch period had easily taken the lead as my favorite class since this whole misunderstanding occurred. Hunter was sitting with the rest of the team at our usually table so I passed them up quickly.

I know Hunter had noticed me pass them.

I make my way to where Sean usually sits and he's there of course but there's someone else across from him. It's a girl.

At first as I approached, I was preparing to congratulate him but that all quickly changed when I realized it was her. The girl I'd yelled at. The sensitive girl. The girl that changed my life.

I slowly sit down across from her next to Sean. Instead of looking down or avoiding eye contact like most would do, I stare at her. I was fairly interested in what kind of reaction she'd have towards me.

Did she hate me? Did she not remember? I just had to know.

I stared intently and once she noticed her cheeks got pink. She just looked down at her trey.

"Hey." I said softly.

Her eyes fluttered to meet mine but she didn't answer.

"I'm sorry, for everything." I meant it entirely.

She smiley very lightly. It was only then that I was able to take in her features. She had big green eyes and very tan skin. Her hair was a light brown and looked like silk. Her teeth with straight and white and she had the deepest dimples even when she barely grinned.

I smiled.

"It's okay." She accepted my apology.

"Thank you. I'm Kade." I held my hand out across the table for her to shake.

She took it and said, "I know."

I laughed a little.

"I'm Jade." She introduced herself.

"I know."

***

After school went actually...great.

Jade met me at my locker and surprisingly, she was one of the only girls I wasn't annoyed by when they came to my locker uninvited.

"Can I walk with you?" She asked timidly.

"Of course." I smiled and she looked up at me with a surprised expression. "What?" I ask.

"Well, I mean...you're a football player. You're actually letting me walk with you."

"Why wouldn't I? Look, whenever we hang out there's no football talk, okay? Oh, and definitely no comparing me to you."

She nodded with a grin.

"Let's go then."

We begin walked down the crowded hall with our bags. It didn't surprise me when whispers containing our names flooded through the crowds. I didn't care much either, they can think what they want.

As we emerge from the hall and into the main lobby, I notice Sean walking out of the double doors leading to outside.

"Hey, Sean!" I call after him.

He turned to face me but then quickly scowls and spins around. I stop in my tracks and Jade does the same.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Jade, I'm sorry. I'll call you later." (Wed exchanged numbers earlier.) I then left her side and jogged out of the double doors and caught up to Sean.

"Hey, man. What's up?" I ask.

"Can you not?"

I pause for a moment.

"What happened? What did I do?" I was so confused and he was my closest friend now, I didn't want to lose him.

He finally stopped and turned all the way to face me directly.

"You know exactly what you did!" He yelled. "This always happens! I think I have a good friend and they just use me!"

"Woah, woah, woah. I've never ever used you and I wouldn't want to. Where is this coming from?"

"You and your perfect and perfect rep. Your nothing but a spoiled little rich boy."

"Hey!" I nearly scream. "Tell me what I did now!"

"You stole Jade from me! We were hitting it off fine until Mr. Perfect just had to show up." He explains, hurt in his voice.

"Man, I didn't...I didn't mean to do that. We're just friends anyways. I'll back off a bit and I'll put in a good word for you, buddy. Don't worry, I got you."

"No, you don't got me." He mocked. "Don't bother. You can have her, she wouldn't want me compared to you anyways." He began to walk away but I grab his arm and spin him around.

"Don't ever compare me to anyone or anything else again! Do you understand?" I firmly demand in his face, my words slow and heavy.

He stares at me for a moment, his brow furrowed before yanking his arm from my grasp.

"Fuck you."

He walked away once again and I was on the verge of letting him go. That is before I got a rush of determination. I was going to prove my point and he was going to understand.

I run up to him and he sighs loudly but I cut him off.

"Look." I yank up my right sleeve revealing three straight scars.

He halts for a second as he observes them then finally connects the dots.

He glares up at me as tears fill his eyes.

"Oh, Kade." He was so disappointed. "Why would you show me this?" He shakes his head slowly.

"I know you don't like that stuff," I sniff, "but I was only trying to get your attention."

"Well you've got it. Of course you've got it so talk to me." He sympathizes.

Tears stream from my eyes as I apologize repeatedly for Jade.

"No, no, no. I'm over thank now, pal. Just shut up, alright?" I nod.

He hugs me and I flinch but It didn't take me long to adjust and hug him back. He truly was my best friend.

And to think...for the longest time, I was convinced my "teammates" we're my best friends.

Maybe I only thought that because we were football players. I'm such a hypocrite.

But I know better now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.9K 23
"Thanks for the best day ever" I grinned looking up at him as the sky overhead darkened. "It was your six year old imagination that did this" He smi...
Her Last Wish By Bia

Teen Fiction

685K 20.5K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...
717 48 41
He yanks my sleeve up and looks at my arm. "I thought you told me you were fine." he sighs. "Well, I lied." I roll my eyes. . . . Rose is a teenager...
21K 1.4K 33
*TRIGGER WARNING* Warning of depressive thoughts and acts!! - Self-harm - Depressive content Fanfiction. Story of Kit's life from the beginning. Kit...