I Am Living With an Idiot

By BrightWhiteSnow

Vena Anderson, a nineteen year old girl has moved away from home to attend college. She has no desire to live... More

||The Beginning||
Two || Hi My Name Is Vena
Three || Goodnight James
Four || Wow this looks good
Five || Where are we gonna eat?
Six || Tell me about yourself please
Seven || This is Awkward...
Eight || Oh God, Not Her
Nine || I Could Hit You So Hard Right Now
Ten || As You Wish, Darling
Eleven || You Are So Infuriating
Twelve || Grayson Would Not Be Jealous
Thirteen || The Agreement
Fourteen || You're Bluffing
Fifteen || All In Good Time James
Sixteen || Uh Oh This Can't Be Good
Seventeen || You Are So Adorable
Eighteen || I See You're Capable
Nineteen || Truth or Dare?
Twenty || Don't Panic
Twenty One || This Is Going To Be A Long Night
Twenty Two || His Darling
Twenty Three || Those Six Words
Twenty Four || Live a Little
Twenty Five || Staring is Impolite
Twenty Six || Game Over
Twenty Seven || Once a Player always a Player
Twenty Eight || Nothing More, Nothing Less
Nothing more, Nothing less {Grayson's Pov}
Twenty Nine || How Can I Trust You?
Thirty || Worth The Risk
Thirty One || Stupid Sweet Talk
Thirty Two || Life is Beautiful
Thirty Three || We Need To Talk
Thirty Four: How Serious Can It Be
Thirty Five || You Scared Me
Thirty Six || Such a Great Story
Thirty Seven || Afterwards
Thirty Eight || So Honest
Thirty Nine || Bouquet of Lillies
Forty || I Hate You
Forty One || His Kisses
Forty Two|| A Dilemma
Forty Three || I Don't Want to Hear it.
Forty Four || All Is Almost Forgotten
Forty Five || Maybe I Need This
Forty Seven || Hold My Hair
Forty Eight || Trust me J.H.
Forty Eight || Trust me V.A.
Forty Nine || Tease
Fifty || Get Out
Fifty One || Betrayed
Hello from the other side
Fifty Two || He Didn't Cheat On You
Fifty Three || Don't Raise Your Voice
Fifty Four || This Should Be Good
Fifty Five || Christmas Tree
Fifty Six || Wake Up
Fifty Seven || The City
Fifty Eight || He's Home
Fifty Nine || That's Cool
Sixty || Calm Your Testosterone
Sixty One || Presidential Debate
Sixty Two || Family Dinner
Sixty Three || Explosive
Sixty Four || Punch Your Teeth In
Sixty Five || Of Course
Sixty Six || Calvin Klein
Sixty Seven || Big Spoon
Sixty Eight || Before It's Too Late
Sixty Nine || What if?
Seventy || He Never Knew
Seventy One || Cupcake
Seventy Two || Abandon
Radish Notice!
Seventy Three || Forgive Him
Seventy Four || Messy Situation
Final Author Note: Important.
"I Am Living With An Idiot" Playlist
HELLO

Forty Six || Drunk Protests

176K 6.8K 2.2K
By BrightWhiteSnow

Ryder's Point of View 

I knew that this was a bad idea from the moment she wanted to go to that party. I knew that this is going to end badly and the last thing I want is to be is held accountable. If I don't keep an eye on her, she is going to do something she will regret surely.

"Hey Ryder," Malea smiles at me. Great. I hooked up with her once and she's back for more. I mean, I don't blame her; I'm beautiful. But, I can't. I have to stop doing that if I actually want something real.

"Hey," I say blankly. The only way she will leave me alone is if I'm rude. It's not that I want to, but she is only here for one thing and I don't want it.

"So, I saw an empty bedroom upstairs," she smirks at me. She is wearing something quite revealing, which did catch my attention, but I Vena told me I have to control myself and I will do just as she said. I know she knows what she is talking about.

"I'm waiting fro someone," I tell her, again with the same blank expression. I wasn't actually waiting for anyone, but lying to her is really the only way I'm going to get out of this one. I could tell the truth, but there is no way in hell I would tell anyone about this whole situation.

When Vena asked what was wrong this morning, I felt like I could just tell her. There was something about her that made me trust her. She can be rude and quite the bitch if you ask me, but I know now that if I need to talk to her about something, she'll be there. I've never had someone like that around. James, Grayson, and Grant are guys and it's not like I could just explain my feelings to them. It's just not that easy. Leah is my sister and she'll laugh at me for sure considering that is what she enjoys: laughing at people. I know that Vena won't tell anyone, not even James.

I look around and my eyes catch a girl with long brown hair. Vena had a drink in her hand she is stumbling a bit to get to the couch. I've never seen Vena drunk before so this should be humorous.

As I walk over to her, I see some guys talking to her –or should I say 'flirting' with her. It was weird because a moment later, they walked away with surprised reactions to her.

I sit next to her and she smiles. "Men have no manners whats so ever," she takes another drink.

It's been only ten minutes and she's already on her second bottle. Drinking is what distracts me from my feelings and I hate that I can't distract myself. How long is it going to take to find a girl that I'll commit to? I don't have the patients for this kind of thing.

As soon as James started having this thing fro Vena, he never came to parties. He stayed in with her pretty much every time. In he does come out, he brings her. I hate coming to these parties alone. it's pretty depressing if you ask me.

I look her as she gives me a lazy smile. I guess Drunk Vena is laid back Vena. She seems relaxed and I think that is exactly what she needed. The only thing that I know about her and James's dispute is that he isn't cooperation very well. I mean he can be like that, so I understand. I just don't understand why she came to me and not Grayson. He is her best friend, not me.

She suddenly barks laughter. "That is funny," she laughs again, "James is at home and I am here with you getting drunk," she slurs a little.

I shrug, "So?" I ask her confused at what is really funny.

She points her finger up, getting ready to make a point. "The funny thing is that James is at at home most likely moping around and I'm here having fun without him and I don't even care," she barks another laugh.

I chuckle, "Yes, Vena. That's right."

It amazes me how free she acts when she's in this state. It's too bad she isn't always like this, she would be a really hilarious person.

She takes another sip. "Y'know, I don't know what I did to deserve this anyway. I didn't do anything. I thought we resolved everything. Well guess not," she laughs dryly.

I guess she's going to tell me what happened. I already guessed before she started drinking tonight that she is the honest drunk. If I really wanted to, I could get her to tell me anything.

"Maybe he doesn't want my body anymore," she looks down at herself, looking at herself.

If that were the case, James would be a complete lunatic to be angry about that. She has a great body, really nice. I always liked the way she looked, but I have never really been attracted to her. Even if I was, I couldn't do anything about it because James wanted her pretty much the moment he moved in there.

I shake my head, "Don't think that, Vena. That's not it," I tell her. I want to make sure she does know this because I don't think any girl should ever think they are not attraction. Although the girl may not be attractive to me, there is someone that will find her attractive.

"Why Ryder? What if it's true?" she asks in a sad tone. Why did James have to do this? Maybe if he wasn't always such an asshole to her, then she wouldn't even be here right now and I wouldn't have to reassure her that she is beautiful.

"It's not, I promise. He's probably just in a mood or something. Don't take it personally."

She nods, shrugging. "Whatever."

I hope that she just shrugs this whole thing off tonight. I really don't want to talk about feelings at all. They give me a fucking headache.

Grant approaches me with his arm around his girlfriend. "Hey Ryder," he smiles.

Vena turns to look at you, "Hey! I saw you today," she giggles.

Grant nods, "Yes you did Vena," he nods,"Ryder, does James know that you are here with her?" he ask.

Vena scoffs, "He wouldn't because he is all alone at home, sulking," she laughs again. It seems that everything is humorous to him.

Grant nods slowly, "Ryder, can I speak with you in the hallway?" he asks.

I nod. Clair lets go of Grant and sits next to Vena to keep her company.

I stand up and follow him into the hall. There were not too many people in there. Grant stops and turns to me.

"What are you doing with her?!" he starts, "Do you not remember what happened last time Vena came over here. James was pissed and he will be again," he crosses his arms.

I shake my head, "I didn't do anything, she showed up at my dorm and said James and her got into another fight. This is not on me."

He sighs, "Well don't try anything with her, you know how easily James gets jealous. If he shows up here tonight and sees her with you, he'll kill you," he looks at my with all seriousness.

I understand what he's saying, but I'm going to just leave her alone. When people are drunk they do stupid things– like cheating. I'm not going to let her ruin things between James and her. I know that they love each other, it's so obvious. There are people here who will take advantage of her because she's drunk.

"I'm not going to leave her alone, she'll do something dumb and you know it too," I glance over his shoulder. All there was was one couple making out. I shake my head, I guess they didn't make it to the room.

"Whatever, just don't try anything with her, " he repeats himself.

I nod, "Okay I get it. I won't try anything," not that I could.

"Good. Now I'm going to go make out with my girlfriend and you're going to watch Vena," he smirks. Way to rub it in my face.

I roll my eyes. I really didn't want to babysit tonight. I wasn't going to drink or sleep with anyone, but I'm sure that I could find something more entertaining than this.

"Whatever," I walk away from him and go back to where Vena is. When the couch she was sitting on comes into view, I realize that she is gone.

Shit.

Clair was still there, though, sitting there on her phone that is. "Where is Vena?!" I demand.

She shrugs, not looking up from the screen she is holding. "I don't know. She said that she was going to go on an adventure and then ran upstairs and left her drink, so I'm guessing that it was pretty important."

I groan. Great, just what I need. She could anywhere in this mansion by now and it is going to take forever to find her. A few hours ago, I never would have thought that I would be playing hid and seek with James's girlfriend.

I drag my feet upstairs and look in the first room, which was a bedroom, but all there was was people making out... why is that such a popular activity at parties like this?

It was the same rest of the bedrooms. I look through all the room upstairs. Where on earth could she be?

"What are you looking for?" a voice asks from behind me. I turn around and see a girl I have never seen in my life.

"A girl," I answer.

She nods, "What does she look like?"

I run my hand through my short hair. "Uh, long brown hair, about a half of a foot shorter than me and majorly drunk," I describe Vena for her.

She nods, "Let me show you something," she jogs up the stairs and opens the first door at the top of the stairs. She walks over to the open window and points to a figure outside. "Would that happen to be her?" she asks.

My eyes widen, "What the hell is she doing up there?" I ask myself more than the girl.

"I haven't got a clue, I just came in here to grab my bag and I noticed that there was someone out there," she explains.

I sigh and lean out the window, "Vena, get in here," I yell out the window. She just dances around on the rooftop.

She laughs, "I can't hear you!" she yells, clearly hearing me.

Is she dumb?! She is going to fall and kill herself. Why is she being so difficult tonight?

"She is really drunk," the girl states the obvious.

I acknowledge her talking, I am little busy at the moment trying to get this dumbass off the roof.

"Vena, get down right now," I demand her.

She shakes her head, "Sorry, no can do. The roof is my spirit animal," she continues to hop around.

I'm going to have to call James to get her down. I don't want to, but I might have to. "Vena, I swear to god if you don't get down, I'll call James," I don't know if that will get her down, but it is worth a shot.

She shakes her head, "You can't tell me what to do and neither can he," she cackles laughter. Everything is literally hilarious to her for some odd reason.

I call Grant's phones and he picks up immediately, "Hey, what's up?" he asks.

"Vena is on the roof, come to the first bedroom upstairs," I say and hang up the phone.

Maybe he can help or even get her down.

A moment later he comes rushing into the bedroom. "Are you serious?" he asks, but I just point out the window.

His jaw drops, "How did this happen?" he asks, stunned at the situation.

"Well, your girlfriend thought that it would be a better idea to go on her phone then keep an eye on Vena," I snap out. We wouldn't even be in this situation if it weren't for her.

He nods and steps up to the window, "Vena, what are you doing out there?" he yells out the window.

She turns and shrugs, "Looked like fun."

"Well could you get down?" he asks her.

"I am tired of being bossed around, leave me alone!" she shouts at us. She stops prancing around and sits a far distance from us.

"Go out there and get her," Grant demands me. He has been a jackass all night and I am right tired of it.

"Why me?" I argue.

"You brought her here, not me," he gives me a reason.

I groan and start to climb out the window. What would make Vena even want to do that, it's pretty painful on the knees.

I walk over to her and sit next to her, "Vena, come back inside, you'll get hurt out here," I tell her, but she shakes her head.

"I don't want to go back inside. There are people and that means socializing and I really am not up for that," she sighs. "I need another drink."

No, she doesn't at this rate, she's heading to alcohol poisoning. The only way I am going to get her back inside is if I lie to her.

"I'll get you another drink if you come back inside and can stay in that bedroom if you don't want to be around people," I tell her.

She sighs, "It is cold out here," she hugs her arms. It was warmer today and snow melted a bit, but there was still some on the roof. I have no idea how she managed to not slip and fall.

She gets and heads back to the window. Thank god, I did not want to have to call James to get her down.

She hopped back down into the bedroom. I jump in right behind her.

"Now I want my drink," she orders.

I shake my head, "I'm taking you home," I tell her.

She whines, "But I don't want to," she sits down on the bed.

I hadn't even noticed that that girl was still in the room. Vena smirks at me, "Whose her, Ryder?" she giggles.

Oh Dear Lord, here we go.

"Creana," she answers for her. Why would she answer her? That will only get Vena going.

"That is a very nice name, don't you think, Ryder?" she raises her eyebrows up and down suggestively. Oh, Vena.

"Yes, Vena it's nice," I assure her.

"You know what name is really nice?" she asks, smirking again.

"Rydeana," she smiles.

She is still really drunk and I need to get her home.

Creana laughs, which was nice to listen to.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, but I need to get her home," I smile at the girl and pick up Vena. I underneath her legs and the arm around her back.

"Yeah, you too," she nods.

I stare at her for a moment but then walk out with Vena in my arms.

I push through the crowd of people and walk out to my car. Once I get her buckled in, I pull my phone out and call Hayden and tell him that I'm going to drop off Vena and then come back around for him.

I start the car and start driving to her apartment.

~

~

I pull up to the large apartment building and park in front of it. Vena gets out. I follow her into the building, I want to make sure that she gets in. We bypass the doorman and into the elevator.

It was silent until Vena started giggling at me, again.

I grin at her. Drunk Vena is now my favorite Vena. She's crazy and doesn't care about anything, it's great.

A moment later the elevator dinged and the doors opened. She started fumbling in her purse for her keys. She pulls them out a minute later. She stumbles a bit and laughs at herself. We reach her door. she starts to unlock it.

"I'll see you later, Vena," I tell her.

She smiles and waves fast.

I walk back down the hall to the elevator. I don't press the button until she shuts the apartment door behind her.

I get into the elevator. I was only there for a few hours but, tonight has been a crazy night.  

_______________________________________________

I am sorry if this is bad, but a lot of people wanted another update and since it took me a month to update. It might be bad, I'm sorry. I might delete it later if no one likes it. There are probably a lot of errors. 

If anyone has questions about anything, I would be happy to answer them on Tumblr at "brightwhitesnow-w"

Anyways, bye. 

–BWS

Coming up next... Hold My Hair

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845K 19.2K 31
It's official. I'm a High School graduate and a soon to be College Student! Finally going to get out of my parents house and off on my own. Well.. T...
1.2M 47.5K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
The Roommates By Kel

Teen Fiction

555K 15.5K 40
Blair Fairbanks is excited to finally be going away to college. She's ready to learn, have fun, make new friends, and live on her own in the dorms. ...
3.6K 445 36
[COMPLETE] Genesis Munroe, a virtuoso college freshman has always been the shy type, the good girl, the smart kid who sat in the back of class and pr...