Athena

By WildChilddd

“No! You don’t understand! I don’t want a mate. It’s not you, it’s me. I don’t want a mate!” “Well you have n... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Please Don't Kill Me!

Chapter 10.

7.8K 307 29
By WildChilddd

Athena
C h a p t e r     T e n

          “You need to have something to eat, baby. You haven’t had a meal since yesterday morning,” Colton pleaded, holding my hands and looking at me in the eyes. Oh, so he was turning on the charm.

“I’m not hungry!” I said, frustrated, for the hundredth time. And I was honestly wasn’t. I always felt nauseous after nightmares, which was why I could never eat after. I was scared of throwing up.

“Athena, have this food right now, or I swear I will handcuff you again!” he demanded. So he was getting frustrated too, huh? Well I’m glad he knows how I feel now.

“I’m not hungry though!” I nearly shouted.

“But you need to have something to eat! I don’t care if you’re not hungry. You can have at least a slice of this pineapple, I know you love them!” Not when I’m feeling sick I don’t.

“But I’m not hungry!”

“I’ll give you five seconds Athena and a piece of pineapple better be in your mouth otherwise I promise you the handcuff will go back where it was!” he threatened. Okay, so maybe now he looked a little intimidating.

“Fine! You’re so annoying!” I screeched.

“Good. And I’m only ‘so annoying’ because you’re the most stubborn woman I’ve met. You’re probably even more stubborn that my Mom was,” he said but just as he finished his last sentence, anger and pain flashed through his eyes. He looked vulnerable.

“Your Mum?” I asked, before I can stop myself. Shit. My stupid mouth. I have no filter in my mouth.

“Yeah, my Mom. She . . . she died five years ago . . . with my sister and my Dad,” he choked out. Shit.

          “I’ve been alone, without a proper family for too long––way too long and I want my mate!”

So, that’s what he meant. Well, it looks like him and I have more in common than I thought then.

I didn’t say anything else about it, and I think he was relieved that I hadn’t. He found it hard to talk about and so did I, so I was going to respect that. Besides, I didn’t want to get too attached to him, knowing that I’d be leaving soon.

“So, the pineapple is nice . . . it’s . . . err . . . juicy,” I said after a while of complete silence but the crunch of me chewing the pineapple.

He chuckled, shaking his head. “‘It’s juicy?’  Really? Well, I’m glad you like it.”

“Hmm,” I hummed. “I do. Can I have a shower after this?”

“Well, this will be your house as soon as you accept our bond, so of course you can. And besides, what’s mine, is yours,” he said.

“Thanks,” I mumbled, finishing the last piece of my pineapple.

“You’re welcome,” he smiled. Bipolar much?

           As soon as I finished eating, I had a relaxing shower in the en-suite. It was like the hot water had washed away all the tiredness and remainders of the nightmare, well, as well as the dirt and sweat on me.

“Now I’m liking this view,” I heard him say, startling me. I cursed myself for forgetting my clothes that Colton had given me to wear. It was simple, a pair of his jogging bottoms and hoodie, which I could wear as a dress. Apparently all the clothes that I’d packed had been left in the forest, so there was no chance of really finding them.

“Colton!” I squealed in shock. “What are you doing here?”

“I came here to check up on you to make sure that you hadn’t actually ran away,” he said, clenching his jaw slightly. Well, it looks like he hadn’t let that go.

“Well, can you go outside then? I need to get changed,” I said.

“No. You can change here.”

“Colton! I’m not a slut! Get out!”

“You have 2 minutes and six seconds. You take a second longer than that and I’ll be in here before you can say ‘run’. Is that clear?” he asked.

“Whatever,” I mumbled.

As soon as he reluctantly stepped out of the bedroom, I changed into the clothes he’d given me. And exactly two minutes and six seconds later, he barged open the door. I was definitely expecting it.

“Are you done?” he asked.

“Yes,” I scowled at myself in the mirror. Fucking hell I looked ugly.

“You look amazing, baby. Even if you’re in my clothes with no make-up,” he whispered, wrapping his arms around me from behind. He placed his chin on my shoulder, looking at my reflection in the mirror. “You’re the most beautiful girl in the world.”

“I-I-err. Let’s go get some food,” I stuttered, quickly pulling away from him. My face heated with embarrassment, knowing that he could hear my heart thumping heavily. He knew the effect he had on me.

“Let’s go,” he said before taking my much smaller hand in his and leading me out of the room.

“Your new . . . bodyguards, shall we say, are going to be here soon,” he stated once we were seating on the stools by the island.

“My what?” I choked.

Colton handed me a glass of water before he replied, “Your new bodyguards. I’m not taking any chances and as much as I want to, I can’t stay here with you the whole day. I have pack business to tend to as well, so I figured I should have a couple of bodyguards to look after you.”

“I don’t need babysitters Colton, and it’s not like I can run away anyways. You’ve put all that security around the house and around your border, so I’m trapped here!” I said, my voice getting louder towards the end as I grew angrier.

“You’re the world to me. I can’t take any chances when it comes to you,” he said calmly, his eyes not betraying his emotions.

“I still don’t need fucking babysitters, Colton! I’m eighteen and I can look after myself. I’m a bloody adult!”

“Mind your language, Athena. And we’re just going round and round in circles here. I don’t care whether you’re eighteen or twenty-eight, you’re still going to have two bodyguards looking after you until I get back from work. That’s the end of the discussion,” he stated.

I clenched my jaw and said through gritted teeth, “Fine! But forcing your decisions on me won’t make me like you any time sooner.”

“Your safety comes first, baby. It always does, even if it means that you hate me for it. I will do everything to make sure you’re okay.”

My heart softened slightly but I still didn’t show it. He just cared. That’s all. And I was just being a bitch to him the whole time when all he wanted was my safety. I’m a horrible person.

“They should be here soon,” he said after ten minutes of complete silence. I nodded, finishing my water. The cold water soothed my throat, calming down the soreness slightly caused from all that screaming.

I watched as Colton swiftly moved around the kitchen, cleaning the dishes. He looked amazing. With his jeans hanging low on his waist and a simple white v-neck on, he looked like one of those really hot super models that’d just stepped off from a magazine shoot. Damn he was hot.

“So . . .” I started after a while of complete silence, not being able to tolerate it, “What do you do?”

“What do you mean?” he asked after a speck of shock passed through his eyes. He was probably shocked at the fact that I initiated a conversation, especially after we’d just had an argument.

“What’s your profession?”

“I own a chain of restaurants and I also invest in other things, like exclusive clubs and hotels and even in a telecommunication company,” he explained, in his deep, alluring voice. The way his smooth voice flowed like a calm river made me want to close my eyes and just listen to his voice all day and night long.

“That’s . . . cool.”

“It’s boring. What do you do?”

“I’m . . . taking a gap year. I start uni next year. I . . . er . . . wanted to travel for a bit, I guess.” It wasn’t a complete lie, just not the complete truth.

“So, where have been so far then?” he asked.

“Obviously I come from England. I’m from a place called Kent. So I travelled around England for a bit, then travelled to France and Spain for a few months. I went to Greece and Cyprus, then India and Australia before I moved here. I travelled around New York for a bit before I came here,” I said. Throughout my entire speech, he never looked bored. In fact, he stared at me as if he was listening intently to every single word I said. Wow, we were having an actual civil conversation without shouting or getting angry! Pigs are going to be flying soon!

“Wow!” he said. “That’s amazing. So, what about your parents?”

“I . . . er . . .” Tears began brimming in my eyes. Shit, I couldn’t cry now. “They . . . er . . . died when I was fifteen.”

“Shit,” he muttered under his breath. He got off his seat before grabbing me in a tight hug. “It’s okay. I’m here now . . . I’ll take care of you.” All I could think about was how he didn’t say he was sorry, which for once I was glad for.

Before I could say anything else, the doorbell rang loud and clear, startling us both.

Well, time to meet the babysitters then.

* * *

Hola!

So I updated again! As promised, I updated sooner, so here it is. It's longer than the last one was, as a sorry present for updating the last chapter super late and it was super short too.

I just want to clarify one thing: her dream in the previous chapter was of her in the pack house, when in fact she is currently living in Colton's house, not the pack house.

I've started the next chapter, so hopefully it'll be up soon. Thanks for voting and commenting; I'm #74 in Werewolf or Paranormal, I think. I can't remember which one, but nonetheless, thank you very much.

Enjoy,
WildChilddd♥

P.S. I got my reports sent home today and it was amazing, so as much as I didn't like not writing, it paid off. The only thing that my parents weren't too happy with was that fact that I had like 10 lates and my form tutor wrote that I refused to take off my jewellery. But that's about it!

P.P.S. I apologise to those who don't like swearing, but that's Athena's personality.

A bit late for this but:
R.I.P Cory Monteith. He was an amazing actor and I loved him on Glee. He was truly amazing, and it's devastating how he left us being only 31 years young. He'll be missed by many.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 949 111
When I locked my gaze with hers, everything became clearer. While my wolf screamed 'Mate' in my head with joy and excitement. I whispered with despai...
1.3M 42.3K 41
"It was my fault." I stated looking down at my slowly growing clammy hands. He would never forgive me after I told him this. My deepest darkest secre...
2.3M 67.1K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
759 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...