The Immortal Cure - Series Tw...

By _kellygalea

The last two years have been anything but average for Rosalie, and things are only about to get more complica... More

Chapter One - Work
Chapter Two - Troubles
Chapter Three - Things
Chapter Four - Angel
Chapter Five - Choice
Chapter Six - Boys
Chapter Seven - Mistakes
Chapter Eight - Leaving
Chapter Nine - Paris
Chapter Ten - Toujours l'amour
Chapter Eleven - Truth
Chapter Twelve - Mind
Chapter Thirteen - Lies
Chapter Fourteen - Confrontation
Chapter Fifteen - Approval
Chapter Sixteen - Queen
Chapter Seventeen - Reasoning
Chapter Eighteen - Hope
Chapter Nineteen - Heart
Chapter Twenty - Possibilities
Chapter Twenty One - Shopping
Chapter Twenty Three - Boom
Chapter Twenty Four - Mountains
Chapter Twenty Five - Drifting
Chapter Twenty Six - Practise
Chapter Twenty Seven - Wings
Chapter Twenty Eight - Doorstep
Chapter Twenty Nine - Undecided
'Vol. 3 /The Finale

Chapter Twenty Two - Eiffel Tower

20.1K 600 107
By _kellygalea

Tonight I was going with Duke to the Eiffel Tower. Riley, Jaymi and I were home at 6, lying around as we waited for him to come home.
I was becoming nervous, for many different reasons. One, because I planned on telling Duke that I was going to help Vampires become human again to fulfil their family needs. Two, I was going to the Eiffel Tower. Three, it was getting late, and I was worried something had happened to him.

I debated using my gift of drifting to see what was happening, but I decided that I'd give it another fifteen minutes before I was to do it.

I clasped my hands together on my stomach and looked up at the ceiling, twiddling my thumbs

"Don't stress, he'll be back soon" Riley spoke, obviously sensing my tension "He wouldn't miss taking you to the Eiffel Tower for the world" He smiled , as I noticed Jaymi stifling a laugh.

I was tempted to ask what her deal was, again, but held back. I rolled my eyes and stared back up at the plain white painted ceiling when another ten minutes passed. I was becoming insanely irritable.
I sat up and was about to head back up to my room when I heard the front door click open and shut again.

"See" Riley tilted an eyebrow at me with a grin

I stood and walked towards the small hall where Duke stopped when he saw me

"Hey" I smiled, glad to see him

"Hey" He smiled weakly in return

"Well, you kids have fun tonight, Jaymi and I are going out for a bit" Riley spoke, his eyes lingering, especially towards Duke as he passed us.
He swiftly dragged Jaymi along behind him with her hand in his, heading for the exit.

"Have fun" Jaymi called as they closed the door behind themselves

"What is wrong with them?" I asked, my eyes on the bee line they'd left behind

Duke looked above me and shook his head, but I could see a small smile that he attempted to force back force it's way through.
I took a step back to narrow my eyes at him, suspicious.

"You know why they're acting like this, don't you?" I asked, my arms over my chest

His smile finally escaped, as much as he tried to keep it at bay

"Tell me" I demanded "I'm the only one that doesn't know about this little joke and it's uncomfortable"

"That's the point" He mumbled, barely audible while he walked past me, lightly bumping my shoulder where he headed upstairs

I stood motionless for a moment, confused, annoyed, and then I followed, travelling up towards him
I took two steps at a time, eager to pull whatever secret they were withholding from me out. I would seduce it out if I had too.

I pushed the bedroom door open just in time to see Duke shirtless, tossing around a few shirts inside of the cupboard.

Keeping my gaze off his toned muscles was an obstacle, but I managed my eyes back up to his face where his eyes travelled over me, a smile remaining on his perfect lips.

I walked towards him and stood closely beside him, almost feeling the heat radiate off of his cold body. I put my hands on my hips and looked inside of the drawer where he was tossing around the shirts

"Need help there?" I asked him, tilting an eyebrow

"No thank you"

"Are you sure?" I asked

"I'm sure"

His fingers tossed aside another shirt before he pulled out another, shutting the draw back closed. He pulled the fabric over his head, every muscle in his body flexing, distracting me.

He pulled the shirt tightly down at the hem, sticking to his figure like glue. It was a plain v-neck light blue t-shirt, simple, but extraordinary on him. He finished it off with a buttoned black overcoat, classy and sleek.

"You look overdressed" I commented taking in his polished appearance "Guess I better go change" I looked down at my low budget outfit, shaking my head. I turned and headed towards the bathroom where my suitcase had taken home.

I shut the door behind myself and leaned on the bench looking at my reflection in the vanity mirror. I looked exhausted, but with a little help from make-up and my curling iron, I was soon decent - not as decent as Duke, I would never be as decent as Duke, but decent.

I shuffled through my suitcase of clothes, pulling out a simple but modern dress. It was black, long sleeves, the bottom ending just below my knees. The fabric was thin, tight around my entire body, the chest modest yet revealing of my collarbones and neck.

I had found an old necklace, a small gold heart my father had given me for Christmas one year, the colour balancing the contrast of my outfit out. Brushing my light curls, they hung naturally mid-back, lightly swaying with my movements as I picked up a black jacket, taking it along with me.

Once I was done, I swung the bathroom door open to exit, and as I did, there stood Duke, leaning on the frame like a tall god. His hair was flicked back, a wild aray of gold and dark brown reflecting off the light.
His eyes matched, honey gold as they looked me over from head to toe.

He allowed a grin to escape, acting like a real teenager would before going out on a date

I rolled my eyes and pushed past him, afraid I would throw myself into his alluring appearance otherwise.

"C'mon, let's go" I sighed, trailing down the stairs.
I heard him follow, but didn't dare look back.

I felt Duke grab a hold of my hand when he was done locking the door, entwining our fingers as he led me down the porch.

Quickly, the butterflies began to flutter around inside my stomach, their wings hitting the sides, causing me to flinch.

I was nervous, terrified, there were so many things I had needed to tell him, so many things I was scared to tell him.

As we walked, we walked in silence, enjoying the fresh air around us, taking in every building, every river, every part of the magic around us. But I was also aware that every now and then a passer by would stare at us, well, at Duke.

I wondered when I was going to tell him about my plans. I expected him to be angry about it, but I hoped that after the initial shock, he would approve.

It also crossed my mind that if Duke and I were truly going to be together for the rest of our lives, that the possibility of having a family, was there.
One swig of my blood, and Duke and I could have that.

Thinking it over, it may have been the fact that I hadn't had a real family that made me want to provide that so desperately to others. I hadn't had one, and here I was, able to give it away so easily. I wasn't going to pass that opportunity by, if someone could have given me a beautiful mother and father, I would have taken it, gladly.

We walked along a few unnamed streets, some empty, some full, but it was when we came to a large open court yard that I knew we were close. A huge water fountain sat in the middle, water falling lightly from the vase that gracefully sat in the hands of a ceramic woman. The area was lit up by small street lamps, and the dull flicker of the fountain light beneath the water splashing through the air.

People were crowding, couples, families, children, the elderly, tourists. Every shape, every size, every enthicity. It was beautiful. Small voices flittered around us as we passed them. Soon we were passing through a small brick alley, crowds were now heavy and it was difficult to keep up with Duke's long strides as we left.

Avoiding the crowds, pushing and diving, minutes later, there it was.

Stars filled the sky above, and the lights from the tall metal tower glowed a light gold, illuminating the grass beneath the field and hedges surrounding it's tall frame.
Crowds stood around it, snapping pictures while making peace signs with their fingers. I couldn't stop staring, it was beautiful.

I took a quick glance to Duke beside me, who watched my expression, a large smile planted on his equally beautiful face. Things were perfect, and I wished my life and all involved were just as perfect.

Duke pulled me forward by my hand, crossing the grass beneath our feet, edging closer. The tower grew taller and taller. I craned my neck as I stared up at it's menacing strength.

It seemed as though everyone around was as happy as I was, smiling and laughing, full of happiness and love.
Small lights illuminated the paths we walked, dug into the grass causing a green like glow upwards.

We stopped once we were a few meters from the barrier of the towers long legs. It was there that I noticed there weren't as many people in the close proximity. Only few tourists wandered around it, capturing pictures of their overjoyed memories.

"It's beautiful" I mumbled, astounded

"It is isn't it?" Duke mumbled looking in between me and the sight above us

"You should have brought your camera" Duke suggested.

I slapped the palm of my free hand into my forehead, and shut my eyes cursing under my breath.

"I forgot about that" I groaned, looking back up at him, annoyed with myself

"Nevermind" He smiled, moving his hand from mine to wrap his arm around my waist. I rest my head just beneath his shoulder and looked up as he did.

"Clora would have loved this" I mumbled, talking more to myself

"Anybody who doesn't love it, is crazy" He smiled

I nodded, he was right. Anyone who was to see it would love it, how could they not?

"Duke, I need to tell you something" I started, figuring that it was now or never

People weren't around us, and the moment was ideal for laying down my plan. If he couldn't accept it here, he wouldn't accept it ever

"What's that?" He asked, slight worry in his eyes as he looked down at me

I moved my head from his shoulder and looked up at him, sighing before I continued

"I don't want you to get mad about it, just listen" I began

He nodded, his eyebrows creasing

"My blood is special right?"

He nodded again, slowly

"I want to use it to help people" I put simply, taking it one step at a time

"How do you mean Rosie?" He asked, keeping his cool so far

"I was talking to Jaymi today about something we talked about last night" I quickly continued as his face took on a confused look
"About how Vampires can't have families the way they are. I want to help with that, my blood can change that. I have been thinking about it for awhile now, and well, all day actually, and I've decided that with or without your support I'm going to make my blood accessible for Vampires to use to start families of their own" I rushed out, my stomach crumpling on itself as I felt him stiffen and take on a stern expression

"Jaymi asked you to do this?" He started looking for someone else to blame

"No" I quickly defended "I offered, because I know how much she and other people want it, but can't have it. I have that capability, I can help them, give them a family" I continued, trying to convince him

He shook his head, and I could tell he was trying hard to contain his anger.
Just as I had expected.

"They will eventually turn back into what they are, then they will have human children Rosie" He stared up at the lights above my head

"What difference does that make? Angels won't even have any leverage, they will serve no threat because they would be human" I continued

"My father will have something to say about it you know, along with other Rogues that will want to stop you from doing what you want to do. They would only agree to it if the children were turned, creating younger, stronger, more flexible minded soldiers"

I shrugged "I'm sure your father will stop them, along with everyone else who fights on our side"

He sighed a deep huff and looked down at me "This is really what you want to do? One hundred percent?"

I nodded and stared back up at him "I want to help, I was obviously given this type of blood for a reason"

He sighed again, but a gentle one before smiling down at me.
And that was it.

I'd won.

He pulled me closer to him again and I rest my head back down on his side

"I'm going to start figuring it all out after Ollie and Alex are taken care of. Speaking of, how did that go?" I asked, curious

"We have a few leads, but nothing really strong enough to find them yet. But that's a topic saved for another night"

I felt myself smile and rest into his embrace. I'd liked to have stayed like that forever, there nestled into him.

Things were finally looking up, and I was glad it was all going so well so far. Life was going to be hard, always, but it was also going to surprise me with the good parts.
Without the positive, we had nothing, without love, happiness, we had nothing. This was life, and these parts of my life were forever going to be difficult, but that was what I had chosen, and there was no turning back, not now, not ever. I'd make the most of it despite anything that was thrown at me, including Ollie and Alex, and the future threats I was going to endure.

"I have something I want to tell, well, ask you too Rosie" Duke spoke, breaking me from my relaxing train of thought

"And what's that?" I asked

He pulled his arm from my waist and stepped back from me to look at me. I turned my body to face him, just as he faced me. His head was inclined down towards me, his hands now placed inside of his jacket pocket.

I felt a flutter of butterflies inhabit my stomach. My eyebrows were creased and I was drenched in confusion. What was life about to throw at me now?

He sighed heavily, looking down at the ground, taking another step back. I felt my palms sweat, panic emerging. Was this the part where he told me he no longer wanted me?

Slowly, it was as though someone had pressed the slow mo button on the remote of my life. I carefully watched on as Duke leaned down, placing himself crouched on one knee in front of me.
My hands were instantly over my gapping mouth, my knees quivering, my mind racing.

I wondered if I was dreaming, placed in a scene that only happened to those on television in blockbuster movies.

But it wasn't a dream, it was reality, and it was happening right in front of me, for me.

Duke looked up at me, fighting back a nervous smile. His hand fidgeted in his pocket for a moment before he pulled his hand back out.
A small box was placed in between his fingers, my eyes holding firmly on it.
He held it out in his palm and flicked the lid up open to reveal what hid inside.

I was aware that by this stage quite a few people were watching the scene play out, but it was like they barely existed. The whole world buzzed out as just Duke and I were beside the Eiffel Tower, him on one knee.

I stared at what was inside the box. A small, elegant beautiful modern ring, silver lined with glistening white gold diamonds around it's round figure. It was almost as bright as the look in Duke's eyes as I glanced inbetween him and the ring he held in his hands.

He may have been a Vampire, but I could tell he was nervous, well beyond nervous, terrified.

"Rosalie. You have changed my life forever, and I would like to keep you here, beside me, for forever, and whatever comes after that. For as long as we both live, whatever happens, I know for a fact that I want to be with you. So I guess what I'm getting to is, I was wondering"

If I wasn't myself shaking, I could have sworn he was too
"If you would marry me?" He asked

Tears welled up in my eyes and I felt my hands shake as I dropped them back down to my sides. I took a step towards him and looked down at his face.
Stray tears fell down my face, ending at my lips as they curved up into a smile.

I guess the world did work in incredibly strange and unique ways, always surprising me, keeping me on my toes, because here I was, engaged at nineteen to a Vampire.

I roughly nodded, my palm reaching down to rest against Duke's cheek. I traced my thumb in small circles and nodded more forcefully

"I will"

Duke stood up in one flash movement and threw his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. My feet lifted from the ground as I felt him pick me up and take a deep exhale beside my ear. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sank in as I heard a few people around us clap and cheer.

"I love you" I whispered, feeling more hot tears fall beside my face.
I couldn't have been happier, and it couldn't have been any more surreal.

"I love you too Rosalie" He whispered back, kissing the side of my head before planting my feet back on the ground. I quickly wiped the tears from my face when he pulled back, embarrassed as Duke fumbled with the box and ring.

He pulled the tiny diamond incrusted piece of jewellry from it's tight spot in the box and looked back up at my face. I tried to blink away the betrayal of tears, I shouldn't have been crying, it was far too good of a moment to be stained in mascara.
Duke took my left hand from my side in his and carefully slid the ring into place on my finger.

It fit perfectly, and it looked as if it belonged on my small petite hand. I stared at it, admiring how beautiful it was before I glanced back up at Duke who looked happier than I'd ever witnessed.
This man in front of me was to become my husband, my future, my everything.
And I couldn't wait.

Duke's large hands reached placing themselves on either side of my face as he leaned in and planted a firm kiss to my lips. It tingled, and I felt the fire burn between us.

When he pulled away, staring into my eyes, something then and there had occurred to me. Was that the secret? Was that the reason Jaymi was so interested in dresses and formal outfits?

"What?" Duke asked, barely able to wipe the smile off of his face

"Was this what Riley and Jaymi have been so secretive about, did they know?" I asked, tilting an eyebrow

He shrugged, keeping his hands on my face "Jaymi helped me with the ring, and I warned them many times to keep quiet about it, but they couldn't seem to help themselves" He rolled his eyes

I shook my head and took another quick peek at the ring that held place on my finger. It was unreal, unbelievable, and it was there, shining back up at me almost as if it was smiling.

This was real.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 623 25
Rosalie a 14 year old vampire. Her witchy friend Bree and her decide to finally meet Rosalie's sister, Elena Gilbert, they live at Elena house and st...
122K 4.1K 23
Rose and Riley have been through a lot together and their story isn't yet complete as the challenges keep coming at them... Rose has her baby to rais...
58.2K 2.1K 22
Because maybe there's more to life. Rosalie hale x FemOC
499K 14.1K 30
She left everything she knew, everything she had fought to keep alive, metaphorically, and now she's going to have to make more the choices to keep h...