The Gilbert Wolf

By cathrineoriginal

Amy is Elena Gilbert's older half sister. She left to live with her Uncle John after the accident at Wickery... More

The beginning
On the Road Again
Meeting the Hybrid
Chicago
Bonding With Rebekah
Senior Prank Night
Humanity
Return of the Dead
Roadtrip
Homecoming
Falling Apart, Barely Breathing
Coming Home
Klaus
Give Me Love
Betrayal
Visiting
Boyfriend
I'm Not Going To Denver
Goodbye My Lover
If Today Was Your Last Day
If I Die Young
Here We Go Again
Get Out of Town
The Brotherhood of The Five
Revenge of the Hunter
Kiss Me
Keep Holding On
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Battlefield
Lean On Me
Landslide
If You Say So
Stuck In My Head
The Originals
Where The Lost Ones Go
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Sequel's up!

Prom Night at Hater High

10.1K 258 44
By cathrineoriginal

Still a few chapters to go.

Enjoy!

Amy's prom dress above

I do not own The Vampire Diaries, only my OC

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Prom night at Hater High

The next morning, I woke up early and I wasn't feeling so good. I felt a little sick and hungry. I think that was what woke me up. I just shook it off and just thought that with only 5 days until the full moon, that explained everything.

I looked over at my boyfriend. Klaus was still sleeping. I let him sleep and took a quick shower. He was still sleeping when I got back out again. He was still tired after what happened yesterday. I thought hybrids got their strength back quickly. I walked out of the bedroom in the desperate need of coffee and waffles. I got into the kitchen and saw somebody already standing by the coffee machine. I knew very well who it was.

"So you don't write, you don't call. I thought we were friends." I told the man in front of me.

"Yes and for that I am deeply sorry. I hope you can forgive me." The man asked me.

"With a little bit of begging. Then I'll consider it." I said with a smirk He gave me a frown. I couldn't hold my laughter and walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Nice to see you again, Elijah."

"Nice to see you too, Amy." I really had missed him.

"Well. Isn't this cozy." Klaus stood by the entrance of the kitchen.

"Good morning to you too grumpy." I told him, let go of Elijah and gave my boyfriend a kiss.

"Hello brother." Klaus told Elijah.

"Niklaus."

"I believe I owe you a thank you for taking care of my girl when I wasn't able too." Klaus said and it surprised me that he would ever thank his brother.

"You're welcome. I consider Amy as a member of this family and she needed my help. So did you." Elijah replied. 

I could feel a pissing contest coming on.

"Can we please not do this? Nik, he's just a friend. Just like, I told you yesterday. We have another problem to deal with." I told the brothers.

Elijah nodded and left the kitchen. I held Klaus back.

"What's up with you? You know I don't have any feelings for your brother. I haven't even talked to him since he left. He haven't even crossed my mind. So can you please just let it go? I love you and only you." I placed my arms around his neck and pressed my forehead against his.

"I love you too little wolf." Klaus started to walk away but I grabbed him and gave him a passionate kiss.

"Don't forget that." I told him and followed him into the dining room where the other two originals was waiting.

"Hey!" I told my best friend and gave her a hug.

"Did Elena make you want to pull out your hair?" I asked her.

"Well, she's actually more fun with her emotions off but don't worry. I have not replaced you." Rebekah told me.

We sat down at the dining room table and my eyes wandered over to the fireplace. Memories from the night before last came to me, making me smile. Klaus saw this and smiled along with me.

"Right. Let's figure out what to do with this cure." Elijah said.

"Elijah, being human means a fresh start. Grown old and have a family. Filling my days knowing each one matters." Rebekah said with a longing in her eyes. Klaus started chuckling.

"Well, that was poetic." Klaus said sarcastically. 

"Well if you can provide us with a reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah said to his brother.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure." I felt so bad for him when he said it like that.

"And by doing so, it will break down the wall of the other side." Rebekah stated.

"So it won't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soul mate. You of all lovesick fools should applaud to his devotion." Klaus was being an ass.

"It's easy for you to say. You've already found yours and by doing this, he will open the floodgates to the other side for every supernatural being whose ever died." Rebekah said.

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn? We'll have our family back."

"Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box most of his life." Rebekah was staring to get angry.

"Elijah, please." Everyone looked at him.

"Your personal discomfort might not be a good enough reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Niklaus. I think your sister deserves a shot of happiness." Rebekah looked so happy. She felt relieved.

"Tell me you are joking. Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture?"

"I've made my decision." Elijah said firmly. I knew this would end badly. Klaus got out of his chair and said to his sister;

"When you're sick and dying and you're begging me for my blood, I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me." Then he walked off. I didn't know what to do. Should I follow him? I looked at Elijah. He only nodded, so I got up and followed Klaus. I found him sitting in the living room. I didn't say anything to him, because I knew I didn't have too. I only sat down beside him. I knew that he was afraid. I could see it in the way he looked at me. Sometimes I wished everyone could see the man under the hybrid, as I did. He was just as scared and lost like everybody else. He leaned against my shoulder and I just stroked his hair.

***********

3-person p.o.v

Rebekah was walking along the streets with an emotionless Elena, telling her about the demands her brother made for her to get the cure. That she has to stay human for an entire day without using vampire abilities.

"You're going to fail." Elena said bluntly. "You should be locking yourself up inside all day. Not shopping for prom."

"Name me a more human experience than going to prom?" Rebekah asked.

"Death" Elena simply said.

"Why should I even listen to you? You don't even have your humanity."

"You realize you can't compel yourself a date right?"

"Yes and the last time I checked, you're living in my house because I'm the only one who can tolerate you. Not even your own sister. So you don't have to be so rude." Rebekah fired at her.

"Hey, don't call her that and then I want to come with you to prom. I'll keep an eye on you to make sure you pass Elijah's test. Soon as you take the cure, it will be gone for good. No one will ever be able to use it on me." Elena said back.

Inside the store.

Caroline and Bonnie comes out of the dressing room. Bonnie were telling her about her dreams.

"What kind of dreams?" Caroline asked.

"Usually I'm at his grave. All of the sudden he appears to me."

"Well you never got to say goodbye to him. You're grieving, that's normal." Caroline told her and looked at herself in the mirror admiring her red prom dress.

"When I woke up, the couch was on fire. I don't know if I was emotional in my dream or if Shane was right. Without his help I can't control my magic." Bonnie said sadly.

"No, It's because you need a night off from warning and I'm going to make sure that you have it." Caroline said to her friend.

"You look super-hot by the way." Bonnie said.

"You think?" Bonnie nodded and Caroline had a huge smile on the face. That faded when Rebekah and Elena came into the store.

"Hey Bonnie. Heard you got your mind wiped. That sucks. Pretty dress Caroline." Elena really didn't care.

"I know you helped me pick it out months ago when we were friends. You know, before you tried to kill me." Caroline shot back at her.

"I thought it looked familiar." Elena and Bonnie looked at each other.

"Can you press this for me? I'll pick it up later." Caroline asked the owner of the shop.

"Bonnie?" Caroline said and walked back to the dressing room to change. No one of them noticed the evil smirk on Elena's face.

***********

Amy's p.o.v

I stayed with Klaus all day. We didn't say much to each other. We didn't have to. It was nice just the two of us. He was sketching and I had my head in his lap, reading a book, no disturbances at all.

But I could still see the worry in Klaus' eyes. He couldn't let it go. Klaus was standing by the fire, thinking very hard about how to fix things. I put down my book and walked over to him. Klaus put his arm around my waist.

"Don't ever leave me." He whispered to me. He was afraid of me ever leaving him. All I could do was to kiss him. To show him that there was no chance of me being able to leave.

"I love you." I told him.

"Love you too."

Just then, we heard Caroline coming through the halls.

"Amy are you here?" She was calling for me. I wanted to ignore her but I knew she wouldn't go away.

"I'm in here Caroline." I told her. Caroline looked frantic.

"Your deranged sister took my prom dress! This is a disaster!" I had to hold back a laugh but Klaus couldn't.

"It's not funny!" She scolded.

"No it's not." He said.

"Then stop laughing." Caroline told him and turned to me.

"I was wondering if you could maybe dig in to your big closet of mystery and maybe pull out a drop dead gorgeous dress I could borrow." Caroline knew that I had a huge collection of dresses I didn't use that much. I just had them. I didn't want her senior prom to be a failure.

"Sure, I'm sure we can find something." I told her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I have another question for you. Could you please be a chaperon tonight? We're missing a few." I groaned. I wanted to stay in today.

"I don't know Caroline. Senior Proms and me don't mix. I mean, mine was a disaster." I told her.

"Please! I need you!" I looked over at Klaus who only gave me a grin. I wanted him to say that he wanted me home.

"Go on little wolf. Go and have fun!" In that moment, I wanted to strangle him. 

Backstabbing bastard. Now I couldn't say no.

"Fine! I'll help you." Caroline jumped up and down, clapping her hands together.

"Good, now let's find dresses!" Klaus had an amused look on his face when Caroline dragged me out of the room.

"You'll pay for this!" I mouthed to him before he came out of view.

We walked in to my closet and Caroline found her dress right away. It was a replica of Grace Kelly's dress from the movie "To Catch a Thief."

I found a sweet yellow strapless dress with diamonds down to the waist and folded out in a skirt. It was one of my favorites. Not as pretty as the Grace replica but this was Caroline's night. When we finally had finished, prom had already started.

I walked into the living room to get my car keys and Klaus looked at me in awe.

"You look ravishing my sweet." He told me with love and lust in his eyes. He tried to give me a kiss.

"Oh no! You don't get that. Not when you didn't help me out with telling Caroline you wanted me to stay here." I told him.

"Well maybe I have second thoughts?" He said placing his arms around my waist. I know he wanted to kiss me. I leaned forward.

"If you play nice tonight, then maybe you'll get to rip it off me when I get back." I whispered in his ear.

I could hear him growling as I walked away.

"See you later tonight." I said before walking out the door.

***********

Caroline and I took my car. We were almost at school when she turned to me.

"I owe you an apology." She told me.

"You do?"

"Yes. It's about how I acted in the woods with you and Klaus. I was flirting with him and I'm sorry. I don't even like him like that. It wasn't fair to you." She told me honestly.

"Then why did you do it?" I asked her.

"I don't know. It just happened. I didn't think he would respond to it. Have you talked to him about it?" I sighed.

"Yes, we had a fight about it last night. I was furious at him but we talked it out." Caroline nodded.

"Do you think you can forgive me?" She asked me.

"If you promise me it won't happen again. Then I can forgive you." I told her.

"I promise it will never ever happen again. You're the best for him. I think you bring out the best in him and he won't survive without you."

I smiled at her and I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. We stepped out of the car and walked up towards the dance. Down the carpet, pictures from the years they've been going to school showed on the screens.

"I had them put in an extra picture." Caroline said. Then the screen switched to a picture of Jeremy and me. The one he had in his locker.

"Thank you Caroline." I told her, feeling my eyes water. We walked inside and the first person we see is Elena.

"How do I look?" She asked showing of the dress Caroline was supposed to wear.

"Are you kidding me? You look like a backstabbing.." Caroline stopped when Stefan approached us.

"The dress is beautiful. It brings out your eyes." She told her.

"Thanks. I thought I'd do it a favor." Elena was rubbing it in.

"Caroline! Would you like to dance?" Stefan asked her before she could tell Elena off.

Caroline took his hand and walked her out on the dance floor, leaving me behind with Elena.

"Well and what are you doing here? Aren't you a little old to be going to a high school prom?" I smiled at her.

"Actually, I'm here as a chaperon. Yes you see, we are still family and I'm the oldest and only one left so I have to stay here to look after you. Not that I really want to." Elena was about to go for my neck but I stopped her.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. One bite from me, and you'll slowly die and believe me. I'll convince Nik to not heal you and trust me when I say, he'll do it if I ask him." Elena let me go and started to walk away.

"You got one thing wrong. You're not my real sister so you don't get anything to say." Elena argued- 

"No but I am your cousin and I am in fact Jeremy's sister." I told her before I walked away.

I ran into Matt.

"Hey. How are you?" I asked him.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? He was your brother." Matt answered.

"Yes and your friend." I told him.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked me.

"I would love to." I took Matt's hand and we walked out on the dance floor.

************

3- Person p.o.v

Back at the mansion, Klaus walks in to the painting room and sees his older brother standing there with the white oak stake.

"Where did you get that?" He asked Elijah.

"Our baby sister. Once she's human, it'll make no defense to her what so ever. Take it." Elijah said and handed Klaus the stake. He grabbed it.

"Why would you give me this?"

"We are immortal apart from the stake. Now that it's yours, You have nothing to fear." Klaus shrugged.

"Silas will continue to torment me."

"You have survived endless torment throughout the centuries. You'll shake this. If you can't, you'll outrun him." Elijah told him.

"Because it's that simple. Without the cure, what makes you think that I'll spare your beloved Katerina? Or have you figured out you're only just another fly in her web?" He asked Elijah.

"You'll spare her because I'm asking you to spare her. As your family, as your only living brother. I would ask you to provide me with this opportunity to feel, to care. To love." Elijah said. 

"I gave you that opportunity and you sided against me. So if I run, it'll be to chase her and as your only living brother, I will make it my cause that you'll never know a moment of happiness." Klaus threatened his older brother. 

Elijah only looked at his little brother and pushed the stake away.

"It such a hollow and little life you lead, Niklaus. Don't do that to the woman you love and that loves you. Don't push her away." He told his little brother and left him.

Klaus got something to think about.

***********

Amy's p.o.v

After my dance with Matt, I had to go and see if anyone needed help. From a distance, I could see Matt talking to Rebekah. She was trying so hard to be a good person and I knew she could be. Finally, she got a dance from him and she looked so happy. I had to talk to her about that afterwards. I walked up to Damon whom Caroline just left.

"So, you look handsome tonight." I told him.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you a little old to be at a high school dance?" I started to laugh.

"You're the one to talk grandpa. I'm here as a chaperon and I'm confiscating that flask." I grabbed it and took a sip. It did not taste good at all. Like I couldn't stand the taste at all.

"Ugh. What was that?" I asked him and tried to get it out.

"It's normal bourbon. What's the matter with you?" Damon looked at me funny.

"I don't know. I just couldn't stand the taste of it. It made me sick." Damon just shook his head.

"You're weird older-Gilbert." He told me. Then Bonnie came over to us and she looked terrified.

"We need to talk." She told us.

"I'll go and find Matt. I told her and left them. When Matt and I returned, Bonnie told us about what happened outside. About her seeing Jeremy. It made my stomach ache.

"It was like Jeremy was there. I could talk to him, feel him." I felt a tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it away.

"Bonnie, that's what Silas does. You can't let him get to you again." Stefan told her.

"Yeah, because you all crazy and brainwashed is just not a good look."

April Young stepped up on stage.

"Hey, so the ballets has been counted which means it's time to announce the winners." April said into the microphone.

Everybody in the room cheered.

"One of us should take her home." Stefan said and I was willing to offer to drive her.

"What? No! She's safer here in public with all these people. There's no way Silas can make everyone see the same thing all at once." Damon said.

"OK but in the meantime, how do we look for a guy who can appear as anyone?" Matt asked but he didn't get any answers because both him and Bonnie were announced Prom king and queen."

They looked somewhat happy. I followed them to where they were taking pictures. Bonnie grinned at me but I knew she really wanted Jeremy to stand there with her. Matt jumped of the stage.

"You looked so handsome up there." I told him.

"Well thank you Ms. Gilbert." Then Rebekah approached us.

"You need to get your prom queen of the stage." She told Matt.

"I can't do that." Matt told her a little coldly.

"Rebekah, what's going on?" I asked my best friend.

"You didn't hear it from me but Elena is up to something." Rebekah left us and we saw Bonnie getting off the stage and walking out back with her crown. I ran after her but Elena got there first.

"Congratulations Bonnie." Elena told her.

"What do you want?" Bonnie asked warily, knowing she couldn't trust Elena.

"For you to stop being a problem." Elena grabbed her but then something happened. Elena crumbled to the ground in a lot of pain. Light bulbs blew up and a wind blew through the dance causing people to get scared.

"Bonnie!" Matt and I said at the same time.

"Something's happening to me." She was scared.

"OK, just relax." Matt tried to comfort her.

"I need to get out of here." Bonnie left in a hurry. Elena was coming back to herself at the same time as April came in.

"What's going on?" She asked as Elena stood up.

"Remember when I told you to make Rebekah prom queen? You should have listened." Elena grabbed a hold of her, banged her head against a table, and bit her neck before tossing her aside. Matt and I barely caught her. She couldn't be dead. She didn't deserve to die. We took her outside away from the others.

Matt was freaking out.

"April! Come on! Please wake up." He tried to listen to her heart but he was too scared to hear it. Rebekah came out to us.

"Matt why did you call? Oh my god." She saw me standing there covered in April's blood and her lying on the ground.

"Can you feed her your blood?" Rebekah looked around.

"Can't we just call 911 or something?" Pleaded us. 

"She's dying. Please help her! Matt was frantic.

"I can't. If I heal her with my vampire blood, Elijah wouldn't give me the cure and I won't be human." Rebekah tried to argue.

"How's that even a choice right now? You want to be human, prove it. Be good, do the right thing and save her life." Matt told her and Rebekah looked at me for a moment.

"He's right. I will talk to your brothers. They'll listen to me." I told her.

Rebekah nodded and gave April her blood to heal her. It was the right thing to do.

***********

April woke up a little while later. She was a little scared but I comforted her. Matt placed his jacket around her before turning to Rebekah.

"Thank you for saving her." He said and Rebekah was almost crying.

"Elena was right. I should've stayed home." Rebekah whispered. Matt shook his head.

"No one has to know what you did. I won't tell anyone." Rebekah gave him a smile.

"You would do that to me?"

"I would." Matt told her seriously. "And maybe I was a little harsh earlier. You wouldn't make the worst human."

"Are you offering me a job as a busboy? You know I'd look cute in an apron." She joked a little. Matt smiled at her.

"We'll see." I thought they were very cute together. She really did like him.

"I should probably get April home." Rebekah nodded to Matt and he left with April. I walked up to Rebekah.

"You did the right thing." I told her and put a hand on her shoulder, not wanting to hug her since I was covered in blood.

"Ah, sweet April Young, now there's a girl with a future." Klaus stepped forward. Rebekah panicked at first but pulled herself together.

"She was dying and I acted with human decency. You can't get more human than that." Rebekah told his brother. 

"Actually, you can. You can stand idly by as poor April takes her final breath. You can ask, why does this always happen to good people? Where do their spirits go? Was there anything I could've done? That is what it means to be human little sister. You give human too much credit." Klaus said with a smirk on his face. 

I wasn't feeling so good. I felt a little lightheaded but they didn't seem to notice me holding on the tree. 

"You're going to tell Elijah." Rebekah realized.

"No, no. You are. You'll tell him that you cheated, that you failed. That you don't deserve the cure." Klaus answered and Rebekah got angry.

"Why is it so hard for you to let me be happy?"

"Because your happiness come to the expense of my sanity. Because I refuse to entertain another of your whims. Because you are bored and you're looking for a reason to matter. Thankfully I don't have to waste anymore breath on the subject." Klaus said. 

When Klaus looked over at me, he could see me sitting on the ground with my head between my knees.

"Are you OK, love?" He asked me.

"Yes, I'm just a little lightheaded. Everything happened so fast and I haven't been eating enough today." I told him.

"Let's get you home, sweetheart." He picked me up, leaving Rebekah behind us.

"What about my car?" I asked him as he placed me in his car.

"I'll have someone pick it up." He told me and kissed my forehead.

***********

The ride home was silent but he never let go of my hand, stroking it in soothing circles. I felt so bad for Rebekah and the way we left her there. Sometimes Klaus can be so cruel to others.

When we got inside, I walked up to the bathroom, took a quick shower, and threw the dress away. Klaus made something to eat for me. I put on Jeremy's favorite shirt and some sweatpants and walked down to the living room where Klaus picked up a letter addressed to him.

"What is that?" I asked him.

"I don't know." He said and opened the letter as he sat down on the couch with me.

"Klaus.

I hear Elijah has refused to give you the cure and in return, you refused to give me my freedom. Shame on you both.

But while you boys sort out your problems, I have one last thing to offer you. I caught wind that a witch in New Orleans named Jane-Ann Deveraux, is plotting a move against you. Hunt her down. What she has to say will rattle you so deeply to your core, that chasing little old me will be the least of your concerns.

It's been a fun 500 years, Klaus but I've worn down too many good heals running away from you.

Love and hate,

Katerina."

I looked up at Klaus who looked thoughtful. I didn't know what to say so I just ate my sandwich in silence.

"Well little Wolf." He started to say.

"What do you say about a trip to the greatest city on earth?"

***********

So, we soon arrive to NOLA! I'm so exited! I hope you liked this chapter.

I have decided that i will write a sequel containing "The Original Series" but until I get to that enjoy the rest of this story!

Until next time!

*cathrineoriginal*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 42 55
Alexandra Petrova, Katherine's older sister. What happens when the Salvatore Brothers come back home to Mystic Falls? Will Alexandra stay and help? W...
676K 13.1K 49
Mariana Gilbert is the older twin sister of Elena by 5 minutes . For years, they lived a pretty ordinary life... Until they start a fresh, new school...
40K 1.2K 68
Elena's twenty-one year old aunt moves to Mystic Falls after the death of her brother; she live Seth Elena, Elena's brother, and Elena's other aunt...
359K 11.2K 147
Emily Gilbert is the older twin sister of Elena Gilbert by three minutes and the older sister of Jeremy Gilbert. Four months ago, their parents pass...