Uprising

By xXSilentFearsXx

"She's not only part wolf, Travis, she's part Lycan too." - Scout grew up being taught at a young age, like... More

Description
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(7.2)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(10.2)
(12)

(11)

74 6 4
By xXSilentFearsXx

"No one is useless in this world, who lightens the burden on someone else." - Charles Dickens

I huddled closer inside my torn jacket shivering slightly when a spontaneous gust of wind blew from the north catching the debris of rogues leafs. My eyes stung from the impact and my loose shirt and pair of jeans barely protected me against it. I whined rubbing my eyes groggily to hopefully rid myself of this restlessness and to cool down the sting from the breeze, so I could finally sleep instead of letting myself think. I didn't want to recall my actions of the day before. I wasn't even hungry any more and I hated it since I knew what toll cannibalization took on my mentality.

Not that it already wasn't cracked before, but now it was worse. There was a lot of things I loathed about myself, being a Lycan was one of them especially now that I tasted my own kinds flesh, but the main reason was that I didn't seem to care that I ate that man's hand even though I should. He was hurting me, it was self defence in a twisted sort of way.

At least that's how I conceived it.

I bit my lip softly shaking my head and glanced at Travis who seemed to be sound asleep. I knew better, which was why I was trying my best to stay silent. He was using his coat as a pillow and was breathing evenly in and out. The moonlight shone on his face that was still as stoic as ever which was a dead give away that he was awake so he must be only resting. Since I assumed that he at least relaxed his face muscles when he was sleeping. Or he maybe he actually always looked like he had pole stuck up his ass? My eyebrows furrowed as more morose thoughts entered my tired mind.

Why hasn't he left yet, he must have saw me bite that man's hand off?

I'm positive he did because he told me that I was the reason he got the upper hand on his attacker, so he definitely did.

"Stop staring at me, brat." Travis sighed blinking sideways at me and I hummed in recognition still not looking away, letting my thoughts drag me away and questions soon surfaced. Travis raised his eyebrow at me in irritation when I still didn't look away. Obviously someone didn't like being looked at too long.

He has a lot of pet peeves.

I licked my lips insecurely before speaking my mind. "W-why haven't you left yet?" Almost immediately after I asked the question, I felt abashed considering I think I asked that same question before. I decided to look away avoiding eye contact with him and sheepishly offering him a small smile. "Sorry, stupid question."

"As I said before, brat, I'm stuck with you. So stop dwelling on useless shit and just sleep," He muttered rolling his eyes and sighing incredulously whilst cracking his knuckles. "You've been keeping me up with all your fucking jittering. So. Sleep."

I frowned at his lack of an answer before nodding slowly gripping the coat tighter around me to help sustain some warmth, but failing in doing so. I clicked my tongue. "Someone's cranky.."

"Fuck you." He said sending daggers in my direction and I self consciously shrunk my shoulders looking to the right. I heard him moving and I awaited for him to settle when I felt something land on my head covering me in complete darkness. I panicked before realizing it was Travis's other coat as his scent drifted up my nose. I dug myself out of my confinement holding his coat in confusion and I turned to stare at him only for my eyes to lock onto his back.

I opened my mouth unsure of what to do exactly but he beat me to it.

"Wear it, dumbass. I know you're cold ," He ordered gruffly. "And I swear to the Moon Goddess, if you don't go to fucking sleep. I will make you."

I stared at him for a few seconds before processing his words easily telling he was on his last straw. Quickly I took off my other coat which didn't take long and shrugged on his sniffing the material softly. His scent made me smile and I zipped it up, even going as far as pulling the hood over my head and finally tipping myself backwards onto the forest terrain. I rolled onto my stomach wincing when the ground pressed against the healing bruise. I ignored it shoving the aggravating pain to the back of mind and placed both my arms underneath my chin and finally closing my eyes. I prayed to fall asleep but not before saying my thanks to Travis which I seemed to be doing an awful lot these days.

Of course, he ignored me.

-

When I awoke a few hours later, it was morning and the sun shone through the gaps in the trees creating small patches of light on the dirty terrain. I stretched hearing my muscles crack causing me to sigh in content. My body was awkwardly uncomfortable from the position and from having to sleep on the ground just like many nights before this. Not that I ever had an actual bed before, but back at my Tribe: I had a pillow to use. I then leaned upwards onto my knees cupping my mouth to conceal a yawn turning to glance at Travis curiously to see if he was awake. He surprisingly wasn't and I felt guilty wondering did he sleep at all last night since I was at least jittery for nearly two hours past midnight. Suddenly a strong urge to be near him emerged inside of me and I tentatively pondered the idea.

These feelings of want and need to be near Travis greatly confused me. I know he wasn't my mate, I couldn't be mates with a Shifter. That's completely unheard of. Lycan mates were specifally choosen in a draw on their twentieth birthday and nothing strange happens like what happens whenever I touch Travis. I wonder if I had the courage to kill Renee, would I have eventually met my chosen mate once I reached twenty? Or would my dad have killed me off before then?

When I came too from my concentrated trance, I realized that I had made my way over to Travis. I didn't take long to notice his rugged features. The soft breeze rustled his dark lock and I eyed his undercut with mild interest wondering how it felt. I've never seen such a haircut before. The sun made his skin glisten with slight perspiration and I titled my head to the side. It wasn't fair how handsome he was or how he made my fingers itch to touch him. I licked my lips thankful he wasn't awake since I'm sure I looked like such a weirdo just staring at him. To be fair, there wasn't anything else to look at other than trees and plant life. Nothing that interested me. To me Travis was so mysterious and I barely knew anything about him. Not that he knew anything about me, other than how fucked up he probably thought I was. I couldn't help but think back to last night and my eyebrows furrowed.

What does he mean by 'he's stuck with me' anyway? He says it all the the time, I mean not that I didn't mind. I was very grateful for his company and I enjoyed it even when he was a dick but he had so many chances to just drop me, sometimes I thought he did; except he never did.

"Why are you touching me?" Travis mumbled incoherently and I felt myself turn red when I acknowledged that due to my thoughts, I subconsciously cupped his cheek. Fuck, I thought as the little sparks made the situation feel even more uncanny and I ducked my head still not moving my hand back. His skin was smooth, albeit a bit oily, still nice though to touch though. His grey eyes watched me like a hawk narrowing at me making me shrink in on myself in embarrassment. My face turned darker and I willed myself to say something substantial.

"S-sorry I didn't mean too."

I cursed under my breath for stuttering like an idiot and I bit my lip hastily pulling my hand back to my side. My eyes watered from this demeaning scene and I barely had time to react before Travis pushed himself up and I shamefully ducked my head even more awaiting his reaction. I winced when Travis placed his forehead against mine and my eyes grew wide when I realized how close he was. Our breaths mingled together and suddenly I wanted to vomit from our close proximity. I could feel the electricity between us and I awkwardly stuffed my hands under my armpits not positive on my next course of action.

"Tr-"

He interrupted me and I felt myself blush even more. If possible.

"Just shut up." He said sounding breathless, his voice rusty from sleep and from a hidden lair of controlled emotion. I breathed through my nose inhaling his scent almost without thinking and Travis sighed dropping his head to my shoulder along with his hands that slowly glided their way around my back pulling me closer. I was like a stiff rock though. Not use to this sort of treatment from him nor from anyone else. It confused me and I yelped when Travis had enough of my hesitance tugging me harshly to him.

"Come here, you little shit." He muttered annoyed when I fell against him. Both his arm encaging me in his embrace whilst his chin leaned on my shoulder and I grew concerned when he remained quiet for the past two minutes keeping me restrained against him.

"Travis," I whispered as to not to disturb him nor to annoy him. "A-are you okay?"

He made no action to show me he heard me. I knew he did though and I swallowed down a thick layer of saliva growing in my mouth. I didn't know what else to do, this reminded me of that hug from before except this was more intimate considering I was practically in his lap. I wasn't small either but being in his arms made me feel like a mouse after being caught by the cat, which was ironic considering we both ranged closer to dogs.

Tentatively, I lifted my arms up to return his embrace. My fingers shakily gripping his shirt in between them and I awkwardly squeezed him back. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right move and I bit my lip concentrating solely on Travis. His scent was overclouding my senses and his heartbeat that gently pulsed through his body was lulling me to sleep. Exhaustion clear in my voice as I spoke next.

"Travis..a-are you okay?"I whispered once again and I concealed my yawn against him. My eyes were half closed by the time I heard him respond back and I blinked a few times to wake myself up. I leaned a bit backwards to glance up at him and I cocked my head.

"Sorry, I didn't.."

Travis sighed deeply and he locked eyes with me. He was scowling which made me frown except his eyes sang a different tune. They held a certain fondness and I couldn't decipher how that sudden emotion popped up and being the only one that I picked up on. Travis was a very emotionally constipated person so him letting me see this particular one was quite rare. And his face suddenly became less tense just like how I imagined he looked when he slept, with that thought process in mind: I blushed.

"I said, I'm fine," His words were soft and this this I listened intently to them pushing away the tiredness that he dragged out of me. He eyed my cheeks rolling his eyes and then he stared straight into mine again, hazel locking with grey. Like Autumn meeting Winter, in a philosophical sort of way. His were guarded and almost emotionless, mine were open and bi polar with emotions.

"Your eyes.." I said gulping down my insecurities and feeling cheeks flushed when he a raised an eyebrow at my unfinished sentence and I fumbled for what words to say until finally spitting out what came instantly to me. Which probably wasn't a good idea. "Your eyes, they're..pretty and I really, really like them and, ah, I-I think that they suit you since.. em, since that.. since they're times when they look like the moon and you probably find that really, really stupid so, em..I'm sorr-"

My anxious rambling was cut off by Travis's hand. I felt my face heat up even more and I felt ashamed at how ineloquent I sounded considering I was trying to give Travis a compliment to make him feel better. I averted my eyes as a shroud of embarrassment came over me and Travis sighed before he leaned his forehead against mine again. I felt shy all of a sudden and I looked everywhere but at him even though I knew that he was waiting for me to actually look at me. Except this human contact was strange and abnormal for me and it made me feel uncomfortable. Even with the little sparks that eased my concern slightly, I had the abrupt urge to move away. My mind screaming at me to run, to get away.

I opened my mouth to speak, stuttering immediately and cursing myself for it. "I-I don't like this.." I was afraid of what Travis reply would be and I bit my lip gulping. Travis stayed silent and I wondered if he was hurt by my response which induced me to glance at him. His eyes were glazed over with anger and I frowned deeply flinching under his sharp gaze.

Way to go Scout, you fucked up again.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled softly biting my lip even harder wanting to feel blood. I eyed Travis uneasily when he shifted backwards away from me so that I slipped off him. I reached for his shirt but I yelped when he slapped my hand away harshly. I held my hand to my chest glaring at him albeit a bit worried but mostly irritated.

"Ow, I said I was fucking sorr.." My voice trailed off when I saw his expression and I clamped my mouth shut.

He was glaring at me like he could kill me and I felt scared for a moment but I knew, at least hoped, he wouldn't hurt me. I still curled in on myself though. Apparently my instant reaction when faced with a intimidating person was to pretend I didn't exist. Except I don't know where I developed that awful cowardly habit from, maybe from the result of being in my Tribe. I hung my head staring at the ground refusing to acknowledge Travis who seemed furious for some reason. I didn't know why, except that I was the one who caused it. It's my fault for being me and ruining a perfectly good bonding moment.

I sighed into the mild air keeping quiet just like I should have been doing from the start. Always speak when spoken too, otherwise stay silent. That's what my dad always told me. Maybe I should finally listen to his words and shut the fuck up. I nearly laughed aloud, maybe if I didn't speak my mind. I wouldn't be in this situation and Travis wouldn't be angry at me and looking ready to kill me.

Fingers clicked in front of my face and I yelped flinching away, Travis gave me an unamused scowl before beckoning me to get up. Hastily I did so staring at him wide eyes and curious. He rolled his eyes at me and looked away wiping off imaginary dust from his clothes.

"Come on, we should move before they catch up to us." He said walking forward and I nodded wordlessly following after him, keeping a safe distance in case he wanted it.

-

I smelt them before I saw them and I stiffened gradually shifting closer to Travis who stopped walking obviously noticing them too. The mid afternoon sun shone brightly down on us through the trees casting shadows where our enemies most likely were hiding right now. I felt perturbed wondering how long they were watching us and I gave Travis a long sided glance.

He licked his lips cracking his knuckles and when he spoke, it was like he read my mind. "They've been watching us for awhile, but I think finally they might make their move."

"Wait, you knew they were watching us?"I questioned annoyed but keeping my voice low.

Travis glared at me scowling. "Wait, you only realized now?" He said sarcastically and I bit my lip looking away with my cheeks burning.

"I was too busy watching you.." Was my lame excuse and Travis didn't take too well to it since his scowl deepened and I smiled at him sheepishly.

Our small conversation was cut short, not like it was going anywhere, when a confident pure white wolf strolled out from behind us and I angled myself to face him. His fur was quite pretty although I prefer Travis's since snow reminded me of my Tribe. Focus Scout, I thought gritting my teeth. If these ass holes deciding to attack then I wanted to be prepared and to not have Travis save me. Again.

I didn't want him to be even more angrier than he already was. So I was going to be useful this time.

-

Super mega long chapter from moi which I hope you guys enjoy ✌

Sorry for mistakes, will fix them when done. Also I'm very sorry for not updating in ages.

How's everyone doing? 2016 so far is good for me and I'll be going to a modelling open day on the 30th this month so wish me luck! :)

So tell me what you honestly think, please with a cherry on top? :)

What do you think about Scout and Travis weird behaviour?

Goals- I want more comments please, to at least know if anyone is reading this anymore :)

Thanks for reading!!

Updates are usually Friday, if not after that(sorry for being so late) :)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...
136K 6.9K 48
((A/N)) If you haven't read "Lycan King" you should definitely read it for a better understanding of "Lycan Blood." or you can just read this book an...
1.6M 39.9K 63
This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Valentine Winters, she is a werewolf and an Alpha's youngest daughter. On her sixteenth birthday, sh...
9.1K 432 35
Death is a part of life, it all comes to us at some point. werewolves are hidden in society, only hunters know about it. Hunters who enjoy trying to...