My Quiet Mate

Per Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... Més

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Chapter 16: The Change
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 20: Brothers
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 25: Surprise!!
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine

53.5K 1.9K 325
Per Star-Fly18

(Devon POV)

I watched Quinn as he looked from Owen to Cooper in surprise, and I looked over to them too after a minute. Owen was looking at his mate fondly and Cooper was looking away with a slight blush on his cheeks. Owen was covered in confetti but he didn't seem to care.

"Congrats man!" I said through the link to him. He didn't seem to hear me and kept staring at his mate. After a moment Stephanie pulled out a pair of shorts that she carried around for these exact situations and threw them to Owen who was naked.

Being naked really didn't faze us, it was just part of being a werewolf, but I'm glad she gave him shorts. Owen and his mate hadn't moved much and no one really knew what to do next when I heard Quinn clear his throat to get every ones attention.

We all looked over to him and he seemed nervous by the sudden attention but spoke shyly and softly, "Well, lets not just stand here in the cold, why don't we go inside and talk?" he suggested while playing with his hands.

I nodded in agreement and Cooper did too. Quinn turned to the house and led the group to the back door and held to door for everyone. Owen was not leaving Coopers side but Cooper didn't seem bothered by this too much. The pack was soon spread out through the living room still in wolf form. I waited for Quinn to enter and when he did he sat on the couch. Once he was sitting I sat at his feet and rested my large head on his lap. His hands immediately went to my ears and he slowly started petting them.

I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the sparks that were humming through my body at his touch. Quinn gave a small chuckle and I opened my eyes. He looked to me, "Why don't you go shift back? Then we can talk properly," he said with a fond smile.

"Would it be ok for the rest of the pack to shift back too, or would you be too uncomfortable?" I asked him through the link.

His eyes widened with surprise and fear."Was zum Teufel? Wie geht es Ihnen in meinem Kopf?" he said shrieking as he drew his whole body away from me with fear.

I whimpered. I had forgot that I have never told him about the link before and never used it before. I can't believe how dumb I am! I looked to him and spoke again but a lot more timid. "I'm sorry I scared you," I said honestly, "English please."

"How are you in my head?" he asked with a small whimper. He looked like he was about to cry from fear.

"It is called a pack link," I explained slowly, not wanting to scare him any more, "everyone in the pack is connected through it and we can talk through it to each other. We can't read each other's mind or anything like that, it just lets us talk to each other while we are in wolf form."

"Weird," Was what he said after I was done. I huffed in laughter and looked to Quinn again. He looked a lot les scared.

"So can the rest of the pack shift back or would you not like that yet?" I asked again. I knew the pack wanted to be back in their human forms but they knew that it would make Quinn nervous so they refrained from asking.

He took a deep breath before answering. "They can shift back too if they want to," he said with and affirmative nod with resolution in his eyes.

I nodded back and spoke through the link to the pack. "If you want to change back you can. Just leave the room and get dressed before you come back, and be calm. I don't know how well Quinn will handle it but he is willing to try to be with us."

No one answered back but soon all of the wolves were leaving the room to change. I stood up too and headed to my room quickly, I didn't want to leave Quinn alone. I knew he was safe but I just needed to be near him.

I rushed into my room and quickly shifted back with loud popping of my bones. Throwing on boxers, a t shirt and a pair of jeans I started to make my way back to the living room. I entered to see that I was one of the last people to return and looked over to Quinn who seemed scared and nervous as he looked at his lap and took deep breaths.

He didn't notice me come in but I was soon by his side and scooping him up in my arms. I sat and placed Quinn in my lap while wrapping my arms around his waist and placing my chin on the top of his head. Quinn tilted his head back and I looked into his amazing shining green eyes. He blushed and looked away after a moment.

Quinn looked over to Cooper and gave a shrug before he snuggled into my chest and got comfortable. My wolf was rumbling in contentment and I was smiling like an idiot.

I was the first to speak, "So Cooper, are you planning in joining our pack now that you have found out that Owen, our Delta, is the second in command?"

Owen looked really hopeful and Cooper fidgeted for a second before answering confidently, "If you will allow it, then I would love to." Owen pulled Cooper closer to him with a smile and I started another conversation up.

We were just talking about what ever popped into out minds and it soon got into politics. Ugh, boring. I could tell that Quinn had stopped listening when he picked up one of my hands gently and started playing with my hand like a little kid.

I wasn't focused on Quinn really when there was a sharp, but quick, tug on my middle finger and it gave a loud pop. I was in the middle of talking but it surprised me so much that I yelped in surprise and gently tried to tug my hand away.

Quinn had just popped my finger! The little brat! I hated getting my fingers popped; it just felt so weird. It felt like the popping that happens when we shift but when someone else does it to me it just, no. (BTW I HATE it when people pop my fingers. Blegh) Quinn laughed and grabbed a hold of my middle finger and before I could react he pulled that one too and it gave an even louder pop.

I yanked bot of my hands away from Quinn in a desperate attempt to get away from the evil popping. Quinn was still for a second in surprise and after a second he was turning to face me. That is when I attacked,

I dropped my hands to his sides and started poking his ribs in a tickle attack! He shrieked in laughter and futilely tried to pry my hands off of him. I dint' let him and kept tickling him. Quinn had a huge smile and was squirming trying to get away from me.

He was laughing so hard and smiling so wide that I was smiling too. I never wanted to see him sad, scared, or hurt ever again.

"P-please! Mercy!" he managed to gasp out between bursts of laughs. After a few more pokes I stopped and Quinn was gasping for breath with his smile still on his face. A few giggles still escaped after a minute but they soon stopped. I pulled him back to my lap and I could tell he was still smiling.

I pulled him to lean back into my chest and I relaxed. I hade a moments of courage and leaned down and pressed a kiss into his soft hair. The sparks were more intense now and I smirked in happiness.

"Hey Quinn," Cooper called from across the room, "denken Sie, sie wissen, dass mein Auge ist fake?" he asked with a smirk.

Not the German again. I was going to have to learn German for when Quinn got scared and couldn't speak English. Maybe Cooper would teach me?

"Ich könnte nicht sagen , wenn ich zum ersten Mal traf man also weiß ich nicht , so zu denken. Was denkst du?" Quinn repaled back. I may not be able to speak German but it was sure sexy when Quinn spoke it. It just seemed to roll off of his tongue and it was gruff, but flawless.

"Schau nur," Cooper said. He still had a smirk. I had a bad feeling about this. Owen looked from Cooper to Quinn with confusion.

"Do you know what they are talking about?" Owen asked me.

"Not a clue," I answered back while watching Cooper. He was up to something and I think he was trying to bring Quinn in on it.

"Where is the bathroom at?" Cooper asked after Owen and I were done talking.

Owen gave him directions and Cooper nodded in understanding. He stood up and as he was going to take his first step his legs somehow got tangled up in Owen's legs and Cooper lost his balance. He fell to the floor pretty hard and smacked his head on the ground. I sat up slightly, worried about if he was ok or not.

Owen was immediately apologizing, "Oh my god I'm so sorry Cooper, I don't know how that happened!" he said panicking. I would be panicking too it that was Quinn.

Cooper slowly sat up and slowly turned to face Owen with a shocked expression frozen on his face. Cooper had his hand over his left eye and slowly took it away with shock still plastered on his face. When he took his hand away I could see that where his left eye should be was an empty hole and in his hand was his eye!

I went pale as Cooper started screaming, and then Owen started screaming. They screamed like that for a second before Owen went ghost white and fainted. He landed on the couch with a plop.

Cooper froze for a second, before he started bursting out laughing, then Quinn started dying of laughter also. Quinn slid out of my lap and started rolling around on the floor while still cracking up. I looked to Quinn, worried. Was he so shocked that he didn't know what to do? Why would he be laughing at this?

"Ummm, Quinn?" I asked while nervously looking down on him. "Your friend just hit his head hard enough that his eye fell out and you two are laughing?" He stopped laughing after a minute and started to explain.

"It was all a prank!" he said while wiping tears from his eyes," he didn't actually hit his head and his eye is fake! It's a glass eye." I looked to Cooper in surprise. He was still on the ground chuckling when Quinn spoke to him. "That was pretty mean though Cooper, I mean you made your mate pass out!"

"He'll be fine," Cooper said sitting up. "If he is going to be my mate then he has to be though. I'll explain it to him when he wakes up," he assured. Wow, Owen was going tot have a hard time with this one.

Quinn looked at him skeptically and he looked like he was going to lecture him when his stomach growled loudly. I smiled softly and chuckled lowly as I stood.

"Come on, lets get you some food," I said still with my fond smile.

We had a huge brunch made by Eli and Chris and Quinn was able to convince me to let him go out on a walk by himself. I really didn't want to let him go alone, but I also knew that he needed some time to thing.

He persuaded me by reminding me that he knew the forest really well and promising not to go too far. I still didn't want to let him go but my tipping point was when he said he would give me a kiss when he got back if I didn't follow him. Reluctantly, I let him go.

I watched Quinn enter the forest until I couldn't see him anymore and let out a small sigh. I went back to the living room to see that Owen was still passed out and Cooper had his head in his lap looking slightly worried.

"He will be fine," I assured him as I approached. Cooper glanced up to me before looking back to Owen. "Would you like to do the ceremony tonight?" I asked him, the shorter the wait for him to enter the pack, the better.

He nodded but we still watching Owen with an upset look. I reached down and started patting Owen's face softly, trying to get him to wake up. "Owen, hey, OWEN! Your mate is worried about you, how long are you going to make him worry?" I asked him. His eyes started to flutter and they focused after a second. His eyes got three times bigger as he sat up and grabbed Coopers face softly but firmly. Cooper looked surprised but allowed it.

While Owen was asleep Cooper had put his glass eye back in. Owen was examining Cooper with a worried eye. "It was just a dream?" he asked breathlessly while turning Coopers head again.

"Nope," Cooper said while popping the p. "You see these scars?" he asked while pointing to the large and very noticeable scars on the left side of his face. Owen nodded and Cooper continued, "Well, when I got them I also lost my eye. My left eye is a glass eye. I was just pulling a prank on you. I'm sorry I took it too far," he said while looking away ashamed.

Cooper's hands were shaking slightly from relief and he slowly brought Coopers face to his. Owen softly placed his lips on Cooper and Cooper responded after a minute. I left the room to give them some privacy and went to the back door to wait for Quinn to return.

I was a little jealous. I had known Quinn for longer then Owen had knows Cooper and I still hadn't kissed Quinn yet! I pushed my jealousy down and sat on one of the many chairs that were on the back porch.

I leaned my head back and let the gently wind blow through my hair while I listened to the leaves flutter. The only thing that would make this better would be if I had Quinn here with me. As I thought that his voice erupted in my head.

"Help!" he screamed with his voice full of terror, "My father is in the forest and he found me! He is going to kill me! Please, come quick!" he shouted.

I was quickly on my feet, "We're on our way Quinn, just try to make him stay in the forest. I'll save you, I promise!" I assured him. I tried to keep my voice calm and assured for him but I could feel my anger seeping into my voice.

The pack burst through the back door, looking for me frantically. "We need to go!" I told them, "Quinn-," Stephanie cut me off.

"We know! He spoke through the whole link, not just to you! Let's go!" she yelled while the pack shifted.

I shifted too and Stephanie jumped on Luke's back. I took off running and I immediately had Quinn's scent. I tore through the forest in a mad run to get to Quinn. There was no way I was going to let that bastard do anything to Quinn. As we got closer I could now smell blood and I sped up, leaving the pack behind.

"How about your other fingers next?" I heard a scratchy voice ask. I sped up even more, "Then your arms, then your head!" Quinn screamed and I pushed myself to go the fastest that I have ever gone.

Then I saw them. There was a man standing on Quinn and he was holding his hand but Quinn's hand was covered in blood. The man had a cruel smile and Quinn looked terrified. Once I was close I jumped and with the speed of a bullet I tackled the man off of my mate.

We tumbled a little distance away and to my surprise he managed to shove me off of him before I could get my teeth into him. I Stood in a ready attack position and waited a second for the pack to arrive. They were quickly by my sides as we made a protective wall in front of my mate and their Luna.

I heard Stephanie helping Quinn but I didn't take my eyes off of the man. There was something different about him but I couldn't put my finger on it. We were all growling in anger but he just looked through us, because we were taller them him, to Quinn with a look of amusement.

"What are you doing here?" Stephanie yelled out with confidence and anger, "we have a treaty. You cannot attack any out our pack members."

Treaty? Then it clicked. That who he was so strong! He was a golem! Great. We had a treaty with the golems that they would not attack any of out pack members and we would leave them alone. Golems are usually solitary creatures with weak family ties and they had little sympathy. There were the opposite of werewolves so we agreed to disagree and keep out of each other's hair.

The man just laughed, "So you've gotten yourself mixed up with the mutts have you?" the man asked Quinn. There was no answer. "Makes sense considering your mother was one! A half mutt to be exact but you are all the same, you make me sick!" he spat on the ground and looked at each pack member one by one. I snarled louder at him and I felt my hackled raising.

"Leave the forest now you filthy golem, you are not welcome!" Stephanie shouted at him, the pack snarled in agreement.

"I think not. I have to kill him first," he said pointing ta Quinn. I started snarling louder then before and got ready to pounce.

The golem gave another cruel laugh as his eyes glowed green and he started to grow. His clothes ripped to compensate for his growth and his skin seemed to be turning to stone held together by mud. It was rare to see golems transform and it was something that I have never seen before. Usually golems either stay in their rock form or human and they usually don't shift back and forth that much. It wasn't a pretty sight but when it was over he was a seven-foot rock monster with glowing green eyes.

After he was fully transformed he roared in anger and charged at the pack. He took a swing at me first because if he took me out then the pack would go into chaos, but I easily blocked it with a large paw and clamped down on his arm to hold it still.
The creature raised his other arm to try to knock me off when Mason jumped and clamped onto his other arm. Mason wasn't as strong or as heavy as me so when he stared to lose his grip Ryan, his mate, jumped in to help him. Once both its arms were being held Isaac, one of the biggest wolf behind me, jumped onto its back and tried to get a hold of his neck to end the fight.

The Golem threw his head back and smacked Isaac right in the face, knocking his out. My eyes widened in surprise, Isaac was not an easy wolf to knock out. He then ripped his arm away from me and swatted away Ryan and Mason. We all flew off of him but were quickly back on our feet.

"Circle him. Lets take him down NOW!" I commanded though the link to everyone except for Quinn.

The pack was now circling the golem slowly, looking for an opening while protecting Isaac and Quinn. Stephanie joined the circle too with murder in her eyes. Something must have happened to Quinn to get her to be this mad.

The golem looked to Stephanie and charged her. I heard Quinn out in fear for Stephanie when the golem was practically on top of her but she gave him a hard punch in the leg and his leg broke into pieces. Not expecting that the golem fell to the ground and I quickly ran taking the chance to tare a large chunk out of the golems neck. He gasped once before he started shrinking. If golems sustain too much damage they change into their human for to heal faster, but the would was too bad and I knew he was going to die from it.

The golem was soon a human again and was clutching his neck in an attempt to stop the bleeding, but the wound was too bad. I gave him one last snarl in anger before trotting over to Quinn to check on him. Once I was close Quinn latched himself to me and only hugged me with one arm. Quinn had my left hand wrapped in his shirt and I could smell blood. He must have gotten a scratch or something. I would check it out later.

As Quinn his himself in my fur the man started laughing from his spot on the ground. I glanced to him and saw he was in a pool of his own blood and still laughing. "You better be scared now mutt," he coughed up blood before continuing. "My son is going to be after you now. You have the brat and you just being here will piss him off. He really doesn't like mutts and he hates his brother even more."

Stephanie snorted, "We beat you, I think we can handle a juvenile golem," she said with her arms crossed.

"I wouldn't be so sure," he laughed out, "he is a return to ancestry!" he shouted out gleefully.

Stephanie paled and I gulped in slight fear and worry. "You lie!" she accused.

The man just laughed and after a second his laughing turned to a gurgle and then he was silent.

Stephanie looked to me with fear written all over her face and opened and closed her mouth like a fish.

"W-what is a r-return to ancestry?" Quinn choked out still buried into my fur.

"A return to ancestry is a very rare but very powerful supernatural. It occurs when a supernatural has a child with a human. Almost 100% of the time the child will be a human but sometimes it turns into a supernatural. These supernaturals are extremely strong and most of the time they have extra powers. Golems are already the strongest of the supernaturals so I can't even imagine what kind of a monster your brother is." Devon never looked at me through the whole explination and that worried me more then anything.

"Why are you so worried though?" Cooper asked as he emerged from the bushes. He had followed the pack in human form and I had told him to stay hidden and to see if there was a chance for him to jump in if the problem was too big for us.

"Why wouldn't we be worried?" Stephanie asked in a scared voice, "this is a return to ancestry we are talking about here!"

"Well we have a return to ancestry too," he said a matter of factly.

What?

"No we don't," Stephanie told him while she looked confused.

"Yes we do!" he urged her, "Quinn is a return to ancestry too!"

I looked at Quinn with disbelief in my eyes and he looked at Cooper confused.

Oh. My. God. Quinn is a return to ancestry, one of the most powerful supernatural beings in the world. I watched him as he looked to me with fear and confusion.

For once, I had no idea what to do.

Translations: (What the hell? How are you in my head?) (Hey Quinn , do you think they know that my eye is fake?) (I could not tell when I first met you so I do not think that way. What are you thinking?) (Just watch)

Hello readers! Be prepared for next chapter, it's gonna get a little steamy!! OOH LA LA. I'm so excited! Until next time! Peace out!!!

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

57.6K 1.5K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
24.4K 654 51
The Badger Series (Book 8) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Wyatt Badger is mute because of his mate, who is his biggest bully, and he impati...
532K 19.8K 26
"I don't understand what you're talking about" I gulped, backing away from the large, and I have to admit extremely sexy, man. "Oh baby, you're so ad...
888K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...