Tempted (#Wattys2015)

By LostxInxStereo

Bella Knowle is almost through her last year of high school. She's a straight A student, loves music, and has... More

Tempted:00:
Tempted:01:
Tempted:02:
Tempted:03:
Tempted:04:
Tempted:05:
Tempted:06:
Tempted:07:
Tempted:08:
Tempted:09:
Tempted:10:
Tempted:11:
Tempted:12:
Tempted:13:
Tempted:15:
Tempted:16:
Tempted:17:
Tempted:18;
Tempted:19:
Tempted:20:
Tempted:21:
Tempted:22:
Tempted:23:
Tempted:24:
Tempted:25:
Tempted:26:
Tempted:27:
Tempted:28:
Tempted:29:
Tempted:30:
Tempted:31:
Tempted:32:
Tempted:33:
Tempted:34:
Tempted:35:
Tempted:36:
Tempted:37:
Tempted:38:
Tempted:39:
Tempted:40:
Tempted:41:
Tempted:42:
Tempted:43:
Tempted:44:
Tempted:45:
Tempted:46:
Tempted:47:
Tempted:48:
Tempted:49:
Tempted:50:
Tempted:51:
Tempted:52:
Tempted:53:
Tempted:54:
Tempted:55:
Tempted:56:
Tempted:57:
Tempted:58:
Tempted:59:
Tempted:60:
Tempted:61:
Tempted:62:
Tempted:63:
Tempted:64:
Tempted:65:
Tempted:66:
Tempted:67:
Tempted:68:
Tempted:69:
Tempted:70:
Tempted:71:
Tempted:72:
Tempted:73:
Tempted:74:
Tempted:75:
Tempted Sequel: Tragedy

Tempted:14:

23.7K 314 70
By LostxInxStereo

*Bella*

I was halfway to Justin's apartment now, holding his swearshirt around me and kept my eyes opened on my

No Manny, no Manny, no Manny...I repeated it in my head.

Justin didn't even know I was coming over. I knew if I told him I was walking he'd get mad, and I didn't have the keys to my car, so I couldn't drive.

Yes, he could have came and picked me up, but I didn't want to inconvience him in doing that.

I was coming close when I saw a basketball court across the street, and there were five boys...three of them I recognized. I knew then Justin wouldn't have answered even if I called. He was busy playing a basketball game with his friends.

Then again I'd rather it be basketball than drugs.

Quickly folding up the letter, I slipped it in my back pocket, not wanting to tell him in front of his friends. I'd rather wait till we were alone.

"Well look at you." I giggled, stepping inside and caught all of there attention, but I was looking at Justin, more like staring at his bare chest.

"What are you doing here?" He chuckled, lightly jogging over to me, catching my lips just for a second.

"Thought I'd get out while I could to see you."

"You walked?" He gave me one of those looks, but none the less I rested my hands at the top of his chest, his catching my hips.

"Yup, watcha gonna do about it?"

"Nothinig right now." He winked, patting my butt before he let go. "Maybe in a couple of minutes...we were just finishing up."

"I didn't mean to interrupt your game. Go back, I want to see you play."

"Or do you just want to get me without a shirt on for a few more minutes?"

"Both." We were both laughing, me on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek, then looked around him at Mike and Hunter. "Hi guys."

"Hello Bella." Hunter laughed, and I waved back, letting go of Justin.

"Go play again, please?"

"Alright, for you."

I stepped up to the side, watching the ball tossed to him, then they were at it again.

I wasn't really paying attention to the game, just Justin, his arms flexing every time he went to shoot, or knocking one of his friends out of the way - not to mention the eight-pack that was perfectly toned.

It made me forget the real reason I was here, to tell him I had indeed gotten the schloarship, the one I wasn't positive about taking becauses of me.

How could I? That could mean the end of us...I didn't want that.

"You deserve a big sweaty hug!" Justin was suddenly rushing over to me, and I shook my head, quickly ducking out of the way and ran to the other side of the court, only to be swept up into his arms by my waist and spun around.

"Justin! Put me down!"

"Kiss me, really kiss me, and mean it."

"I think you're a little show off." I giggled, turning around and grabbed his face, pulling him down to my lips and kissed him, wrapping my arms as far as I could around his neck.

"There is nothing wrong with flaunting my little lady. You haven't met John and Rick yet."

"No, I have not."

He took my hand, pulling me back over to them where they were chugging down water bottles.

"John, Rick, this is Bella, Bella, John and Rick. We all work for Manny here."

"Yeah, a big fucking mistake." John chuckled, then nodded his head at me, my hand wrapping around Justin's arm.

"Tell me about it." Rick mumbled.

"Well it's nice to meet you." I smiled at them, shaking each of there hands.

"You too, you should have heard the little speech Justin gave Manny the other day. Damn. I think for once Manny might have actually been intimidated."

"He was not." Justin said beside me, running his hand through his hair. "I just made a point."

"That's not how it looked when came out of his office."

"You didn't tell me you actually went to see him..." I trailed off, looking up at Justin. "Not a word about it."

"There wasn't really anything to say." He shrugged, then pulled away from me, grabbing his t-shirt from the side and slipped it over his head. I pursed my lips, crossing my arms over my chest again with his hand resting in the small of my back. "See you guys later."

"Bye." Waving, I let him lead me out, looking around again like I had been on the way here.

"Why did you walk here?" He asked, his hand snaking all the way to my hip to pull me into his side.

"Because I needed to talk to you about something, I don't have a car, and I wasn't calling you to come get me. You were out with them anyway, it's fine."

"It's not fine. I told you I don't want you walking around."

"Justin, I was fine. I kept looking and I have my phone on me. You don't have to worry so much."

"Would you rather me not worry at all? I know Manny has been watching you. He knew about you going to see Hunter. I told him you were having car trouble."

"He saw me?"

"Yes, just like I told you he probably would."

I sighed, chewing on the corner of my lip, remembering that letter in my back pocket.

This was only because I walked here, what would happen when I showed him the leter? I didn't even know if I wanted to go now, not now that I had him.

"Are you ok? Really?" He asked as we stepped in the apartment building, taking a strand of my wavy hair.

"No, not really."

"What's wrong?"

"Come on," I took his hand as it fell off my waist, pulling him all the way up the stairs to the fourth floor, stopping at his door to let him unlock it and took a deep breath as we came inside.

"Bella, please. You looked weird when you showed up...you're not breaking up with me, are you?"

"What?! No!" I shook my head, running my hands through my hair.

"Then what is it?"

I pulled the letter out of my pocket, handing over it to him and watched him unfold it, walking over to the couch and sat down, his eyes scanning the page.

"This is great Bella." He smiled softly, guilt still brewing in my stomach. "You're dream school. That's crazy."

"Yeah, it's crazy. On full scholarship."

"I'm proud of you."

He kissed me softly, and I kissed him back for a moment, sighing slightly, his hand on my cheek.

"But why are you upset about this?"

"If I accept this, it means I'm leaving."

Silence hung in the air, my eyes on him as he looked forward for a few seconds, then back at me.

"I hope you aren't thinking of staying here." He told me, a serious look on his face.

"You're here. There is community college."

"Bella, no. You can't go to community college because I'm here. You've talked about New York ever since I met you.."

"That was before I fell in love with you, before I knew..."

"Baby, you'll regret it later. You have to go. I won't let you stay. You can't turn away from this."

"But what about us?" My voice cracked as his hand ran on my cheek, my throat closing in slightly. "I don't want to be away from you...I can barely stay at home by myself for a day as it is."

"Hey, don't cry." He scooted closer, pulling me onto his lap.

"I don't know what to do."

"You're going to go," He kissed the side of my head, running his hand on my back. "And you're going to do what you love. I'll visit you on the weekends, or you can come here and stay with me. We'll work it out."

"I don't want it to put any strain on us though. That's what worries me."

"I'm not going anywhere. Where would you stay? A dorm room?"

"No," I shook my head, fiddling with my hands. "My dads been looking at apartments with me, he offered to pay rent, and it'll be close to school campus, but still in the city. That was a little while ago though, before I was mad at him."

"It's great baby. You deserve to go."

"I'll keep thinking about it."

"What is there to think about?" He asked me, pulling me onto his lap. "You'd be living in your favorite place on earth, we'd could go shopping on the weekends and you'd make me carry your bags, we would be away from all of the shit here. You need to go."

"You'd come up? You'd visit me?"

"Every weekend if I had to."

"What about the boys? Your jobs?"

"Let me worry about that. I'll take care of it. I have some time still, we both do. Who knows if I'll even have both jobs by then anyway."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't worry about it."

I sighed, leaning into his chest and held onto his hands, his lips on the side of my head.

"And I could help you move in. Stay with you to unpack. You shouldn't do that by yourself anyway."

"And I'd get to see your muscles."

"Yeah." He chuckled as I looked up, sweetly pecking my lips.

"But," I paused, now holding onto his chin. "You and my dad have to make amends first...which seems impossible right now."

"Bella," Justin sighed, closing his eyes to reveal his long lashes. "I'm pretty sure we've already established that your father hates me. He made it pretty clear the other day."

"He doesn't hate you," I shook my head, pushing myself closer to him. "He just hates the fact that I'm not with Troy. He's said it."

"Why aren't you? If it would have pleased him? Everyone else?"

"He made me uncomfortable," I explained, looking down at his shirt, "I don't really know how to describe it. There was something off about him, something I didn't like. I don't think he's really what he puts himself out there to be. It's like the moment he established he was interested or made a move I was supposed to be in automatically. That's not who I am. I wasn't going to follow him around like a lost puppy. I wanted something real."

"And there isn't anything off about me? This is real?"

"Yes," Nodding, my eyes averted up to his again, playing with the collar of his shirt. "Very real."

"Does he still bother you?" He asked with a swallow, raising his eyebrow.

"I mean not really. He knows who you are, he's seen you with me. I'm pretty sure he's scared if you."

"Good," Justin mumbled, squeezing my hips,."Or I will seriously fuck him up."

"I'm sure you will baby." I laughed, running the back of my hand on his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'm serious about you and my dad. He needs to accept you. You guys need to get along, for me."

"Bella-"

"No, I mean it. I can't have my father and boyfriend like this. The same goes for you and my brother."

"You're brother and I are a different story." He growled, his jaw clenched.

"Well you won't tell me what happened. That isn't my fault."

"Bella, it isn't your business."

"Maybe I should go." I stood up, straightening my jacket and started for the door.

"No, come on." He pulled me back by my hips, spinning me to face him. "Don't leave."

Letting out a deep breath, I let myself lean back into him, feeling his breath on the back of my neck.

"I'll try with your dad, ok? I'll do that for you. Your brother made up his mind a long time ago, but you're right about your dad."

"I'll talk to him."

"Don't leave. We should go out and do something, to celebrate."

"Like what? I'm not in clubbing attire."

"How about we just go get some ice cream or something?"

"We could go to that place where you took me a few weeks ago. They had those really good French fries."

"You want to go there?"

"Yeah, we can get some of the fries and a milkshake to share. Like those cute couples do in movies."

"Where does your dad think you are?"

"Jackie's."

"So you can stay?"

"Yeah." I nodded, turning my head and pressed my lips against his.

"Do you want to walk, or do you want me to drive?"

"Walk, we have more time to talk."

"Alright, we can walk then."

"No guns." I warned, on my tiptoes as I faced him. "I mean it."

"Fine. I'll bring a little knife with me."

"Justin, come on."

"Kidding," Kissing the side of my head as he talked, his hands tightened on my hips. "I'm only kidding, a little."

"I'd rather not have any fights tonight."

"Ok, I got it. Let me grab a jacket and we can go."

"Ok."

He let go of me, taking a few seconds to put on his jacket, then take my hand and lead me out of the apartment. 

"I have a thing tomorrow, so I can't hang out much"

"What kind of 'thing?" I raised an eyebrow, looking up at him as his jaw locked.

"Work."

"Oh, ok. So you'll still be home in the morning right?"

"Yeah, it's not till night."

He didn't have to say anymore, I knew what was happening.

There was only one thing that he did for 'work' at night.

He never said what he did though, and neither did I ask, I didn't want to come to terms with it, that my boyfriend could do that, then again I didn't really know what he was doing, so I couldn't make assumptions.

He pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, letting go of my hand to light it, then took it again, calmly walking down the sidewalk as cars passed us.

"I told you I would be your stress reliever." I mumbled, putting the folded up letter in my jacket.

"And I told you you didn't know what you were in for."

"I'm up for a challenge."

"Oh, so now I'm a challenge?"

"I'd take that as a compliment." I bumped my hip against his, giving his hand a squeeze.

"Well maybe if your first attempt woo's me I'll think about it."

"There will be no thinking." I laughed, his own heard beside me. "You and I both know that."

"Maybe."

We talked until we got to the little restaurant, letting me scoot in the booth before Justin draped his arm over my shoulders, pulling me close into his side.

"Are we still going to share a milkshake?" He asked me, a wide grin on his face as he winked.

"If you want to, yes."

I smiled at him, watching him lean down only a few seconds later, then kissed me, my cheek caressed in his hand.

"What was that for?" I said with a giggle, bring my hand up to my lips.

"I just wanted to kiss you."

"You should do that more often."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah." I nodded, kissing his lips again.

"Sometimes you're really lucky we're out in public when we are." He chuckled, smiling at the waiter that walked over. "Can we just get a basket of fries and a vanilla shake please?"

"Sure." He nodded with a smile, then walked away leaving us alone again.

"You're not hungry?" I asked him, reaching up for his hand on my shoulder.

"Nah, I'll just share so fries with you. I'm good." We were on the outskirts of the city, and press was hardly even there.

Plus, they got their story. People cared about the congressman, not me.

__________________

*Justin*

"You always get ice cream on your lip." Laughing at Bella, I leaned down enough to grab her bottom lip between mine, then pulled back, snatching a fry up out of the basket.

"Hmmm, so I had ice cream on my lip again, huh?"

"Yes you did."

"I'll pretend to believe you."

"Alright then." I teased back, draping my arm over her shoulders.

"You still haven't told me what was said between you and Manny."

"I know that."

"You're not going to tell me?"

"I want...there isn't really anything to tell."

"Fine, don't tell me."

"Babe, I'm serious. I just told him if he had a question, he can talk to me, not you. I'm the employee. He doesn't have any business talking to you. Of course he brought up Grace...I- just stay away from Manny."

"He said something else, didn't he?"

"Bella," I gave her a look, not saying anything further.

"Sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry, it's fine. Just if you see him again, don't talk to him. Call me."

"How can I not talk to him? Wouldn't that make it worse?"

"He shouldn't be around you anyway - walk away quickly or something."

"I'll do what I can I guess."

"We will have problems if he's near you. Don't even worry about if you see him - you won't. We're here to celebrate you getting into NYU anyway. We don't need to talk about me and work."

"I like talking about you." She pouted, running her hand on my arm.

"Oh, I know you do, who doesn't?" I teased, inching my face closer to hers, then kissed her, the feeling I always got when our lips touched returning.

"Did I tell you my mom said that you could probably come down with me to South Carolina if you wanted."

"Really?"

"Mhm. Josh hasn't gone - he won't go anymore...she said you could just stay there, if you wanted."

"Oh...I don't think he would like that very much."

"Since when do you care what he likes?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, taking a sip of my shake. "I just don't want to piss your family off more. Especially if we're trying to make this work."

"They're stupid." She mumbled, resting her head on my shoulder.

"They're trying to protect you."

"From what? You? They don't even know you."

"They think they do."

"Not lilke I do."

I sighed, moving my hand back and forth on her arm.

She was going to New York, there wasn't anyway I was letting her stay here. She'd regret it. I just didn't know how everything was going to pan out. She'd be around so many other people, and those people would include guys. She'd find someone else, someone that met her dad's criteria...someone that wasn't me.

I mean who am I kidding? How could somebody like me have even gotten as far as I have with her? I loved her, I knew that by now, but I couldn't offer her what others could. I couldn't promise her that I'd always be ok, that I'd come home every night, because I didn't know that. I never knew what every day would bring, that's what frightened me. Her dad was right in a way, but thinking about it if she was ever in a dangerous situation with me, I'd step out first, I'd do everything I could to protect her - even if that meant taking a bullet...I didn't have anything left, then I gained her. I wouldn't let that go - at least not easily.

"Justin? Hello?"

"Huh?" I shook my head, looking over to the side at her.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm cool. Sorry, was just thinking, not a big deal."

"Ok..."

I left the cash on the table when we were finished, holding her close to my side as we were walking down the sidewalk again.

"It's going to rain." She frowned, looking up at the black clouds ahead.

"Yeah, that means I'll sleep good tonight - that's a very rare thing." Even though a chuckle escaped my lips, I was being serious.

"You have trouble sleeping?"

"Yeah, all the time, you didn't know that?"

"No, you've never said anything."

I opened my mouth to respond, but a familiar pair of people caught my eye across the street, squinting to make them out.

Troy? Casey? Ok, I understood what she was doing here, but Troy? And them together?

"Just don't make eye contact, pretend you don't see them."

We walked past, my hand pressed in the small of her back, but there wasn't any denying we both saw each other - I just didn't want anyone to see us. I didn't want to get her in any more trouble because of me.

"Asshole."

"What did you say?" My head snapped back, walking closer so I stood right in front of him.

"You're an asshole."

"You don't even know me, nor do you want to, so I suggest you shut your fucking mouth before I shut it for you."

"Like you would do anything."

"Last time I fucking checked it was you who left with a bruise, not me. So you want to test me? Fine-"

"Justin, no. Stop." Bella's hand rested in my back - but my eyes were wide, my jaw clenched, and I knew my nose was flaring.

"You don't even belong in this part of town anyway." I snarled, Bella's arms sliding around my waist in response.

"Justin..."

"Troy, it's really not worth it, let's just keep going."

"Yeah, listen to Casey."

"You know her?"

"Yeah, we know each other, don't we Casey?" I grinned then, looking back and forth between them.

"Shut up Justin."

"No, why don't you tell him?"

"Justin, let's go home. Please." Bella said from behind me again, and I took a deep breath, nodding my head and took one hand of hers from my torso, not saying another word as I pulled her away.

"Me an asshole? Whatever." I mumbled to myself, trying to huff quietly - it didn't take much to piss me off.

"Justin, just stop." She let go of my hand, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Damn, what's your problem?"

"Right now, you. You just love the fact that you slept with Casey, don't you?"

"Bella, I was just trying to get on his nerves."

"Oh yeah? Well you picked the wrong way to do it."

"So now you're going to be mad at me?"

"I have a reason to be mad at you! You're just waving it out there without a care in the world - about another girl with your girlfriend behind you! Congratulations you've had sex with her! But I'm your girlfriend!"

"Oh my god, it's not like I told him I enjoyed it or some shit like that!"

Bella walked away from me then, leaving my mouth hung open, but I snapped it shut, huffing again as I shoved my hands in my pockets and caught up with her.

"You're really going to be mad at me? Tonight? While I can actually be with you while no one is around? Honestly Bella?"

She didn't say anything, she just kept her arms crossed around her chest, leading the way up to my apartment building.

I stayed quiet to, pulling my keys out of my pocket and unlocked my door when I reached it, pushing it open and let her in first, sighing again as she stepped inside.

Stress.

I still had that joint in the drawer...but I couldn't smoke it with her here, and I'd have to open a window and lean by it to smoke.

Great.

So I grabbed a beer from the fridge, popping the lid off a leaned against the counter, relaxing my shoulders as the fluid hit my lips.

I looked at her across the room, sat on the couch with those arms still crossed.

I walked over, sitting down beside her and sat the remote in her lap.

"You can watch tv you know. Pick what you want."

Silence.

"Bella, come on. Please don't be mad at me tonight. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset."

But she was silent again.

"Please?" I leaned closer, brushing my lips against her cheek. "If not I'll make you talk."

"You can't make me talk."

"A-ha." I laughed, pulling back and sat my bottle on the table. "Told you."

"Shut up."

"Hey now, there is no need to be mean." I slid my hand on her leg, brushing my lips on her cheek again, then kissed it, able to push it at an angle where I could reach her neck better as I trailed down.

"You know, it's pretty impossible to stay mad at you." She said shakily, tilting her head back farther.

"It didn't seem like it a few seconds ago."

"I'm a good actress."

"I bet you are." I smirked, sliding my hand up, then back down the side of her body. "You just love to stress me out, hmm?"

"Oh please, that was nothing."

"In my world nothing is something buttercup."

"Ahh, so your stressed out huh?"

"Mhm," I nodded, pulling back from her neck and attached my lips on hers, keeping her there with my hand holding the base of her neck.

"And you're not smoking?"

"I thought about it."

"No smoking." And with that her hands ran down my chest, making my stomach flop.

"Not tonight." I corrected, feeling her hands pushing me back. "What are you doing?"

"Kissing my boyfriend, is that a problem?" She giggling, placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"It's fine." I nodded, pulling her down the rest of the way and moved my hands to her butt, trying not to laugh in doing so. "Just a little surprised."

"Oh I bet you are."

"Shut up." I teased, pressing my lips back on hers.

New York City...

____________________

Authors note: 

I see you all reading! Please comment! I look forward to them every time I post! Also have you checked out the banner and gifs on JBFF+ yet? I love them :))))

Twitter: @lostinstereoWP

Character's: 

@Justin_Tempted 

@BellaKnowle 

@Hunter_Tempted 

@Jackie_Tempted 

@Josh_Tempted 

@jaxon_tempted

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 9K 42
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Claire is in trouble. More specifically, her family is. Or the lack th...
549K 12K 24
Tough and scary on the outside, broken and hurt on the inside. That was how 18 year old Justin Bieber was. Ever since his girlfriend of two years lef...
3.9K 113 30
I was slowly waking up, licking my lips and looking around me, this room doesn't look like mine.. I started sobbing quietly getting up from the bed a...
517K 14.8K 33
A well grounded college freshman convinces her overly protective parents to let her move out of state for school. Amongst her first day she runs into...