When Can I Take You

Od MVRastro

Will Jade be able to transcend her love for Althea through time and work its magic like before? Will time be... Více

Prologue
Genesis
Mingle-Mangle
Fragmented Decoding
Dancing On My Own
Think About It
Beyond Wildest Dreams
The Butterfly Effect
Playing God
Time to Save Lives
Tickety Toc
Spark of Hope
What Is and What Will Never Be
More Than Meets the Eye

Trouble with a Dozen First Meetings

2.2K 91 9
Od MVRastro

Some Time After

"Hi you're Jade right? Jade Howell the new student?" Althea asked, of course she hasn't told me her name yet I just know who she is after meeting her for the 'first time' for a hundred maybe even a thousand times now that most have been long forgotten.

There are a few times that I do remember though, when I met her at a bakeshop when we were younger that was my favorite 'first meeting' because she somehow seems to recognize me and that's where our connection was the strongest. I also met her here, we're third year high school students. I met her when she was already getting married with Kathleen I was unfortunately Kathleen's maid of honor. I met her when she was dying because of a gunshot, I was her doctor. I met her in all the kinds of possible first meeting a person could possibly meet someone and yet they're all in the wrong time.

There should only be three proper meetings, first was the original one, which I cannot find and remember, second is how we meet now and the third is my make believe reality. But the messed up imaginary clock in my life seems to be having a good time stalling me away from the proper timeline.

"Hi, I'm Jade." I introduce for the nth time

"I'm Althea, Althea Guevarra." It is for the nth time she said the same kind of introduction and still she takes my breath away.

"So what do you need Althea Guevarra?"

"I was just wondering if you are interested with poetry and literature?" She smiled

"Why?"

"You see Jade, I am the school publication editor-in-chief and we're currently looking for a literary editor, so what do you think?"

"But don't you need to interview me and test my writing skills first?" I frowned

"Actually yeah, but then I was able to read your English test while I was stacking the papers after class and I must say I was pretty impressed with your verse. You wrote that right?" She eagerly explained as she sat in front of me.

"Y-yes. But I just write from time to time, for my own pleasure. I don't know if my works are worth publishing." I worried

"Come on Jade, it's going to be just fine. We're still in highschool, whatever we publish, all they have to do is read." Althea winked, and I can't help but blush.

"If you say so, I'm in." I said giving in to the need of getting involved with something I can connect with her.

"Cool! That's great, so I'll see you later for the meeting with the members?" She exclaimed

"Yeah, what time?"

"Around four-thirty at the library, the study room with The Villager label, that's our school publication name."

"Sure, I'll be there." I nod

"Thank you Jade."

"You're welcome Althea."

After having lunch, I walked around the track and field bleachers spotting a huge Narra tree, I sat by its huge roots and just closed my eyes for a short visit with my other Althea.

Some Time During

"Althea." I called out to her, she's in her favorite part of the school, the old music building.

"Hey where have you been? You didn't answer my phone calls since last night, I got worried." She pouted as she continued to play the piano.

"Remember what I told you about the other Althea on the other side?" I hesitated

"You already meet another Althea? Tell me about her." She smiled abruptly stopping half the chorus of Carter Burwell's I Saw The Best Minds.

She knows everything about me, I laid my whole life in front of her, and she accepted me as I am, like how all Althea I've met should've.

"Yeah, she asked me to be one of her literary editor, we're third year high school." I said sitting down beside her leaning my head on her shoulder.

"Is she with Kathleen?" Althea asked as she wrap her right arm aroun me.

"I haven't seen Kathleen, but I know she's around there somewhere. But if Kathleen's not in that timeline I guess I already found the one."

"Is this new Althea nice to you?" She hesitated making me laugh.

"You never changed, you're always nice to me." I said making her smile.

"At least only time changes, not me. Are you tired?"

"Yeah, I feel exhausted for as long as I can remember Althea, even after a whole day of sleeping I still feel tired, it's like my body slowly wearing off from all the time travels." I confessed

"Why can't you just stay here with me Jade?"

"Althea - -"

"I know because this is the timeline you can control? Just wishful thinking."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For using you as my escape from my real timeline."

"Don't worry, I'll always be here for you. When reality seems unbearable. When you're scared, or sad or mad, I'll be here always. To hold you and play the piano for you."

"Thank you. The funny thing is you know what? I have no longer kept track of what's real and what's not. Because I don't even know how to separate the dozen of times I met you at the wrong time from the right time."

"But how will you know that you already find where you came from?"

"Maybe if you'd be there and I met you first before Kathleen meets you."

"Maybe this is the timeline you've been looking for, Kathleen's not here."

"Kathleen's not here because I forbid her. I can control this timeline remember?"

"Right yeah, I forgot. Can you fast forward?"

"Do you want to?"

"I'm just curious of what future we have together. If there would any."

"Me too. Let's see - -"

Some Time After

"Jade."

"Jade."

"Jade?!"

"Hmm?"

"Hey. Why are you sleeping here?"

"Althea?"

"Yeah, it's almost four-thirty, I asked Sally where you are she told me this is your favorite spot."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I fell asleep longer than I intend to."

"It's fine, come on, they're waiting for us in the library." She smiled as she offered her hand to help me up.

"Thanks."

"You know what I've been thinking - -"

"About what?"

"Can we share poetries and short stories? I was wondering weather you could check mine." She asked while we're walking along the stretch of the Acacia road to the library. It's called Acacia road basically because it is roofed by the old acacia trees as old as our school.

"Sure, we could do that." I smiled

"Cool." She smiled too.

"You know what - -"

"Althea!" Someone ahead of us called out and Althea and I broke off from the staring contest.

"Oh there they are." Althea said as she pulled me to walk faster.

"Guys! We have our new literary editor. This is Jade Howell, the transferee from my class."

"Jade this is, Batchi our cartoonist and sports writer, Wila our opinions columnist, Pearl our News writer and where's our associate editor?" Althea introduced and frowned at the absence she noticed.

"There she is!" Batchi exclaimed pointing behind me and Althea, I saw Althea turned and smiled her eyes disappearing smile for goodness sake.

"You're late miss associate editor." Althea playfully scolded and when I looked.

"And this is Kathleen, our associate editor." Althea introduce with a friendly arm over Kathleen's shoulders.

"And her girlfriend!" the group beamed all together and the teasing commenced. And there I confirmed how my life would be a fucking mess.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

28.1K 603 14
Losing your memory is something people don't want. Specially when it means you forget the love of your life mostly the people around you. While in th...
21K 348 16
This story isn't mine. source: https://www.volarenovels.com/novel/transmigrator-meets-reincarnator All Chu Lian had done was to read a book where the...
170 39 15
2024 ONC Longlist: Nicole believes her life with Tim is perfect until he betrays her. However, instead of dying, Nicole found herself awakening in an...
389K 10.2K 51
After the tragic death of her father on the day of her wedding, Althea Cojuangco Guevarra, the now President and CEO of ACG Inc., the top manufacturi...