World of Darkness: Chapter 1

angel_bianca

Poppy May has always known she was different. Only a few weeks ago she found out that she was right - she is... Еще

World of Darkness: Chapter 1

88 2 2
angel_bianca

Hi guys, this is my first story on wattpad. I hope you enjoy it. This story is for my BESTEST friend Moura for inspiring me to write and also for my gorgeous sisters for helping me and providing me with great ideas. Check out Moura's (smexifreak) story called "Last One Standing".

COMMENT

VOTE

BECOME A FAN

My heart was racing as I ran through the halls of Glen View High School. I looked back down at the paper in my hand and doubled-checked my class schedule. I read it out loud “English in room 917”. This would be so much easier if I could use my powers. I mean, what is the point of being a witch if I can’t use my gift. Its like putting a huge bowl of lollies in front of little kid and telling them not to eat any. But I cant use them. I can’t betray my Grams’ trust especially when she is providing me with a roof over my head after my so called mother kicked me out of the house. Although the only reason my Grams is allowing me to stay at her place is probably because she knows what I am. Every time I had a flash back, or told my parents that I could hear our dogs thoughts or I could see ghosts, or I saw things before they actually happened they pushed me further away, like I was some sort of freak. The only person who understood me was my Grams. I have had these powers my whole life, but I’ve only known about them for two weeks. I guess I've always known I was different.

“Miss May, is that you?”

I halted in my tracks and spun around. An old lady with grey hair, big round black glasses and very few yellow teeth was poking her head out of a blue classroom door. Above it had the numbers “917”. Shit I almost missed it. I guess that’s what you get for hitting the snooze button on your alarm clock way too many times.

“Yes Miss. Sorry I’m late. I slept in and then I got lost”

I could feel myself blush. I had no idea why. Why was I explaining myself to her anyway? I will admit I was a bit nervous. Half of the reason why is because know I can be a trouble maker and like to say exactly what I feel which can make me get to know the principal very well and very quickly too. I had a great life at home and heaps of friends. I would say I was popular at my old school, but I wasn’t ‘Queen B’.

“Not to worry, love. Come inside and meet your new classmates”, she said.

Great. My stomach dropped so far down I thought it would fall out my ass. I hated the thought of having to go inside with a bunch of strangers and smile at all of them as if this was exactly where I wanted to be.

As we were talking outside, I could hear loud talking and plenty of laughing too, but as we walked inside I swear you could of heard a pin drop. Everyone was dead silent and literally every kid was staring at me like I was Michael Jackson.

"Students this is Poppy May", the teacher said introducing me to the class.

"Hi", I smiled at my peers then took the closest seat I could find, right near the window. A few kids smiled at me, a few whispered to each other and, a platinum blonde Miss my-head-is-so-far-up-my-ass snickered to a girl sitting beside her.

The teacher took her place back at the front of the class and looked up at me.

"Poppy, welcome to our class. My name is Miss Rogers."

Okay, so she was a nice lady but I was no teachers pet. She handed me the book we would be studying for the term, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by Shakespeare. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I looked around the class and studied each one of the students individually.

I was scanning through the second row when my eyes stopped on a fairly cute boy. One of the reasons I stopped at this boy WAS because he was gorgeous but the other reason was because I had caught him staring at me. He wasn't looking at me like admiringly like many guys do..... he was frowning as though he was trying to figure something out. As soon as I caught him he quickly looked away.

I suddenly felt strange. Like I knew him from somewhere or I had met him before. I didn't remember him though and trust me, if I had met a spunk with beautiful eyes like him before, I would remember. I tried to shake the feeling but I couldn't. It was a lingering feeling and was growing more irritating.

I looked over to Blondie in the front row who was continually looking back at me and giggling and whispering to her friend. Wow, she was starting to get on my nerves big time. I know Grams had lectured me many times not to use my powers for unnecessary reasons and only for good. But seriously what Grams doesn’t know won't hurt her, right?

I decided I should have a little fun while I had the chance and try out my powers. I hadn't been practising my spells for long but I knew a simple fire spell and I wasn't going to hurt anyone. I sat up straight, closed my eyes and drew in a deep breath. I used my energy to focus on a small flame in my head. Then I opened my eyes and imagined the same image in front of Blondie’s desk.

Suddenly, red sparks lit up from her desk and Blondie fell back on her chair screaming and flopping around like a rag doll. I'm surprised no one was seriously injured by her heals. I put out the flame straight away and started laughing like crazy. As if following my lead, the whole class erupted into laughter.

Blondie got up, followed by her friend, and stormed out the class slamming the door behind her. No one had any idea why she had fallen randomly on the floor. I had made sure that Blondie was the only one who could see the flames. The class slowly calmed down and I wiped the tears from my eyes.

When my vision cleared I caught hottie looking at me as if he knew I had something to do with this. How would he know, he was only human. I sat back in my chair and looked out the window. It was a nice sunny day, and I could see the trees swaying slowly in the breeze. This was exactly my kind of weather. What a great way to start my first school day in Malibu. I sighed. I could bet anything the rest of day wouldn't be as eventful.

After finding my locker and carelessly shoving my books and backpack inside, I went outside to find a place to sit for lunch. I found a nice patch of grass beside a large tree. Perfect. I didn’t like the fact that I was a “loner”, but I was just looking forward to getting this day over with. From where I was sitting, I could see the whole school. The building was large and very modern. It sat not too far from the beach and I could hear the waves crashing up against the rocks. I liked it here and if it wasn’t for the fact that I had to leave my friends, I would have moved here a long time ago.

I lied back, leaning on my elbows, and soaked in the sun. My long, light brown hair flowed down the length of my back and the sun was blinding my also brown eyes. I was fairly tanned and I never burnt in the sun. I loved it - being in the sun. The warmth on my skin was the best feeling, I could lay here forever without a care in the world.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard my name being called.

"Hey Poppy, why don't you join us?", a girl said. She had short black hair and was wearing a cute pair of denim shorts and a tank top. She looked like a nice girl so I got up and joined her. She was sitting with another girl. This girl had long, natural blonde hair and big blue eyes. She was wearing a short white dress. Both of these girls were really pretty and I remembered them from my English class. I sat on the table next to the girl with the black hair and she smiled at me.

"I'm Kayla Armstrong and this is my friend Lauren Wood. Welcome to Glen View High!", she said in a excited voice. Her enthusiasm was contagious and I found myself feeling really happy as well.

"What brings you to Malibu?"

"Well, I recently moved here to live with my Grams. She owns a shop a few blocks away called 'Herbs and Stuff'."

Lauren looked at me with wide eyes. "That is so cool! Where about do you live?"

"I live in Glen View Heights." Glen View Heights is an exclusive gated community. Only people who can afford it live there - if you know what I mean. My Grams isn't rich but she does have money although I wouldn't have a clue where she gets it from.

"No way? Only a few people at this school live there. One of them being the popular and very gorgeous, Xavier Oakley", Lauren said turning her head towards a boy a few tables away. Xavier Oakley just happened to be the boy checking me out in class this morning. Wonderful! He caught us looking at him so I smiled and waved. This made him blush and turn away.

Lauren - who was staring at him admiringly- turned to me, her mouth wide with shock. From the way she was looking at me (and by what I could sense from her aura) I could tell she had no idea how I could do something like that to the most popular guy in school. Her facial expression, which was hilarious, made Kayla and I start giggling and our giggles soon turned into painful laughter.

We soon calmed and I looked back over to the table Xavier was on and sitting right across from him was Blondie.

"Who's that?," I asked lifting my head towards her.

"Oh, her," Kayla replied her happy mood vanishing. "She is Queen B of Glen View high. She thinks she’s top shit and better than everyone else. She's not someone you want to mess with because she will get you back 100 times harder."

I smiled to myself. Looks like I've found myself a new enemy.

Well I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. Please comment and tell me if you liked it or disliked it. Please also give me ideas of things that should happen next. THANKS xx

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

553K 17.9K 161
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...
one shoot soulless

Фэнтези

17.5K 32 10
baca ajaa, terserah. ga suka ga usah dibacaa Tapi jangan lupa vote. Boleh request mau yg gimna, komen ajaaaa Siapa tau ada yang pengin request bisa c...
29.2K 659 10
In This Season, Things Get Odder And Crazier! As BroZone Dives Deeper Into Their School Lives, Along With Their New Friends GalZone, They Get Engage...
56.1K 4.3K 54
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...