World of Darkness: Chapter 1

Hi guys, this is my first story on wattpad. I hope you enjoy it. This story is for my BESTEST friend Moura for inspiring me to write and also for my gorgeous sisters for helping me and providing me with great ideas. Check out Moura's (smexifreak) story called "Last One Standing".

COMMENT

VOTE

BECOME A FAN

My heart was racing as I ran through the halls of Glen View High School. I looked back down at the paper in my hand and doubled-checked my class schedule. I read it out loud “English in room 917”. This would be so much easier if I could use my powers. I mean, what is the point of being a witch if I can’t use my gift. Its like putting a huge bowl of lollies in front of little kid and telling them not to eat any. But I cant use them. I can’t betray my Grams’ trust especially when she is providing me with a roof over my head after my so called mother kicked me out of the house. Although the only reason my Grams is allowing me to stay at her place is probably because she knows what I am. Every time I had a flash back, or told my parents that I could hear our dogs thoughts or I could see ghosts, or I saw things before they actually happened they pushed me further away, like I was some sort of freak. The only person who understood me was my Grams. I have had these powers my whole life, but I’ve only known about them for two weeks. I guess I've always known I was different.

“Miss May, is that you?”

I halted in my tracks and spun around. An old lady with grey hair, big round black glasses and very few yellow teeth was poking her head out of a blue classroom door. Above it had the numbers “917”. Shit I almost missed it. I guess that’s what you get for hitting the snooze button on your alarm clock way too many times.

“Yes Miss. Sorry I’m late. I slept in and then I got lost”

I could feel myself blush. I had no idea why. Why was I explaining myself to her anyway? I will admit I was a bit nervous. Half of the reason why is because know I can be a trouble maker and like to say exactly what I feel which can make me get to know the principal very well and very quickly too. I had a great life at home and heaps of friends. I would say I was popular at my old school, but I wasn’t ‘Queen B’.

“Not to worry, love. Come inside and meet your new classmates”, she said.

Great. My stomach dropped so far down I thought it would fall out my ass. I hated the thought of having to go inside with a bunch of strangers and smile at all of them as if this was exactly where I wanted to be.

As we were talking outside, I could hear loud talking and plenty of laughing too, but as we walked inside I swear you could of heard a pin drop. Everyone was dead silent and literally every kid was staring at me like I was Michael Jackson.

"Students this is Poppy May", the teacher said introducing me to the class.

"Hi", I smiled at my peers then took the closest seat I could find, right near the window. A few kids smiled at me, a few whispered to each other and, a platinum blonde Miss my-head-is-so-far-up-my-ass snickered to a girl sitting beside her.

The teacher took her place back at the front of the class and looked up at me.

"Poppy, welcome to our class. My name is Miss Rogers."

Okay, so she was a nice lady but I was no teachers pet. She handed me the book we would be studying for the term, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by Shakespeare. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I looked around the class and studied each one of the students individually.

I was scanning through the second row when my eyes stopped on a fairly cute boy. One of the reasons I stopped at this boy WAS because he was gorgeous but the other reason was because I had caught him staring at me. He wasn't looking at me like admiringly like many guys do..... he was frowning as though he was trying to figure something out. As soon as I caught him he quickly looked away.