Our Chances (BWWM)

By danidiaaa

Jadelynn Jones is a hard working twenty-four year old woman who is determined to be successful in life. Par... More

1- Intro
2- Don't Look Back
3- Adonis
4- Friends
5-Helping Hands
6-Parties and Hospitals Part I
7 Parties and Hospitals Part II
8-False Alarm
9- Back at It
10-Business First
11- Desperation at it's Finest
12- Date Night
13- Unthinkable
*CHARACTERS FOR ALEX AND JADE PLZ READ*
14- Surprise Suprise
15- Fool for You
16- Typical Work Day
17- Seriously?
18- Answers
19- Emotions
20- Love it
21- J vs A
(21.5)Need You
22- Coming down
23- Give in
24- Elastic Heart
25- Uncommon Troubles
26-Nice to Meet you
28- Big House
29- No
30- Lovers Spat
31- Meeting Elliot
32- Clubbin'
33- Shopping disaster
34-Falling Into Place
35-Twitterpated

27- Keeping you Safe

24.1K 1.1K 183
By danidiaaa

It was getting late in the afternoon and Jadelynn and Alexander were packing their things, getting ready to catch their flight to California. Jadelynn herself was in a somber mood and Alexander really tried to get her out of it, he did. But she just couldn't shake off the conversation she had with her father and brother. Basically her father told her that he didn't regret keeping Jonathan away from her. He also said some pretty awful things to her, which she tried to tell herself was because of his meds. He had his own reasons for everything that he did, and he didn't care about how she felt. That's what she got out of the whole conversation.

Her brother was stone cold the whole time, showing no sympathy for their father and comforting her when she needed it the most. She told her parents goodbye and apologized to her mother and hugged her goodbye. She was really going to miss her, despite of everything that happened between them, she was glad that she got to see her. She was sad that it ended badly again, she had high hopes for her visit but it turned out like it always did. It was better though because she had Alex to help her. She couldn't be too sad though because one good thing did come out of it, and it was meeting her brother.

"Baby, are you ready to go? My pilot just called and said that the jets ready whenever we are."

Jade nodded and finished putting her things in her little tote bag. She didn't know why she was still so sad. It was usually easy for her to shake stuff off, but this time she couldn't. Probably because it was her father and she had so many problems with him. It just didn't seem fair to her, how he could just do what he did and act like it isn't a big deal. Jadelynn knew that neither her or her brother deserved that. No child did.

"Jadelynn, are you listening to me?"

She snapped out of her little daze to see Alexander standing right in front of her with a concerned look on his face. He reached his hand out to place it on her cheek, his eyes burning into hers.

"Jadelynn are you alright, I was calling your name for a while and you didn't even hear me. If this is about your dad, I'm sorry baby. I know you didn't want it to end up this way, but you have to look at the bright side. You met your brother, that's wonderful."

"Yes, I guess you're right," Jadelynn replied softly.

She watched as mouth slowly formed into a smile, "And now, you're coming to California with me and were going to have a wonderful time. I'm going to take you out every day, and we'll go sight seeing and then I'll take you out to the best restaurants."

His arms wrapped around her as he kissed her cheek, his lips skimming down to her lips and then back to her ear.

"Then, I'm going to take you back to my house and fück you in every single room. It'll be great, don't you agree?"

Jadelynn was damn near squirming at his words, her body was reacting to him so strongly and she didn't think that would ever change.

Before she could answer he pecked her lips and turned away from her before walking towards the bathroom. He stopped before he reached the door, beckoning her with his hand.

"Let's take a shower, then we can head to the plane."
---------
An hour later the two of them were walking into the same aircraft she was in before he left Boston when she first met him. It was strange to think that she'd known him for almost three months, and to say that he didn't make those three past months a joy would be a lie.

"If everything's to your liking Mr. Kingman we are ready for take off," the pilot said after greeting the two of them on the plane.

"Everything's fine, thank you. What time do you expect we'll be landing in California? I have a meeting to attend," her brunette said.

Jadelynn frowned inwardly, he literally worked the whole time they were in Seattle and now he was working as soon as he got back?

"We'll land at about four-thirty sir. The skies are clear so we'll be there in no time."

After Alexander thanked him the pilot- Troy Samson, went to the cockpit to and prepared for take off.

Jadelynn voiced her thoughts as soon as the two of them were alone.

"Do you ever take breaks?"

He turned to her, his face completely serious as he answered.

"Of course not Miss Jones, I am the chief executive officer of a multi-million dollar company. The word 'break' is hardly ever mentioned in my vocabulary."

"We've gone over this before but now the roles are reversed."

"Is that right, Miss Jones?"

"I'm going to act like you okay? Alexander you need to take breaks too. Do you not even care about your health? When is the last time you had Alex time, and weren't worried about work?"

He chuckled, his eyes narrowing at her as he did so. It was nice to see him so carefree and happy and not stressed about work. Although she was sure he could say the same thing about her.

"Baby, in all seriousness, I vacation rarely. There's too much to be done, I can't just leave because I feel like I need a break."

"You can if you really wanted to," she retorted.

"This is true, but I don't trust anyone but myself when it comes to my company. I feel much better knowing that I can get things done. I despise having to rely on others."

"Then why do you have employees, you should be able to rely on them."

"Their only job is to do all of the things I don't have time to do. When it's all said and done I make the decisions. That's how it should be."

She studied his words, understanding him completely.

"So will I be seeing you? Or will you be at work from dawn until dusk? Because if that's the case I could have just gone back home."

Just like that his attitude changed, becoming light and relaxed attitude to angered in just a second.

"If I knew I would working often do you honestly think I would bring you with me?"

"Well you make it seem like work is your main priority twenty-four seven so what am I supposed to think?"

"That I care about you enough not to just abandon you while you're with me. Do you really think I would do that to you?"
His eyes were gaping into hers, never yielding his gaze for a second. She didn't mean for him to become upset she was really just asking a question.

"If you really had to you would, and I wouldn't be mad at you. Work is work just because I'm here doesn't mean you can just decide to slack off. Why did I even agree to come with you? All I'm going to be a distraction a burden."

She couldn't help but think about her father again and how he called her a burden at the hospital. She didn't tell her mother or Alexander.

"If you want me to be honest Jadelynn, you truly were a burden. All I wanted was for us to get along but you just kept pushing and pushing. Our relationship is in shambles because of me and because of you."

"Jadelynn, what are you talking about? I wanted you to come with me. And you're not a burden, you're never a burden."

"All you've ever done is try to show your mother that you think I'm some sort of monster. I've had to watch over my back for years because you were always snooping always trying to catch me in the act. I was never doing nothing Jade."

"Jadelynn look at me, tell me what's wrong."

"My biggest disappointment in life was having my own flesh and blood hate me. Do you hate me Jadelynn? I've apologized so many times but it seems it's not enough for you."

"I'm a disappointment," she murmed inadvertently. All she could feel was the feeling of dread as her father told her those words after she told him how wrong it was of him to keep Jonathan from her.

"If I did let you meet him all you would've taught him was to hate his old man."

"Jadelynn," Alexander said frantically, putting his hands on her shoulders and shaking her gently.

"Sometimes I wonder how much easier it would have been if we would've have just given you up for adoption. We considered it once."

Jadelynn's lip wobbled, her eyes filling with unshed tears.

"They never wanted me," she whispered as she broke down. It hurt so much. His words hurt her. She never believed her father would ever say something like that to her.

"Baby, please look at me and tell me what's wrong. You're worrying me," he said as his thumbs ran across her face to wipe her tears away.

Jadelynn couldn't take it anymore and she crumbled in his arms, her body wracking with sobs. Alexander unbuckled her seat belt and grabbed her, putting her in his lap as he rocked her back and forth, trying to soothe her with small kisses and sweet words.

"I'm here baby, I'm here" he crooned in her ear.

Jadelynn cried into his chest until her eyes fluttered shut, and she drifted off into a deep sleep, relishing in the feeling of Alexander's arms wrapped around her, keeping her safe.
--------------------------------------------------
A/N: I am a awful person for making you all wait this long I feel like a shitty author and its bc I am 😖 Wattpad deleted my chapter about 2 weeks ago and it was about 4000 words and since then I haven't had anytime to sit down and write that much so that's why this chapter is short :/
But finals are over which means I'll have more time to write! Again guys I'm sorry. Wattpad was trippin 😑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516K 27K 33
(Interracial) [bwwm] Quinn Black A French born, Texas raised woman, with big ambitions. She's got so many odds again...
15.5M 632K 68
"What happened last night was a mistake. We both had too much to drink and one thing led to another. It was an act of alcohol and nothing more. I don...
Dance for you By Jaycee

General Fiction

168K 7.1K 22
Loni is a 21 year old stripper trying to take care of her twin daughters after being cheated in and left to raise them on her own. She barely has tim...
4.7M 222K 72
When plain simple nerdy Emma Cole goes to Hollen Tower for an interview she quickly realizes she is out of her league. The women of Hollen Tower are...