My Inferno

By caotto

Those monsters that haunt your dreams, are real. The ones that hide under your bed, are real. The ones that... More

Monsters Are Real
The Dreadful Message
Confessions
Acceptance

The Cave

837 15 7
By caotto

I stretch out my limbs from being unused for so long. I hear all the appropriate cracks and pops of my joints. I throw my warm comforter off me and slither out of bed. I stand and crack my back, and rejoice at the relief it gives me.

I find the clock that usually sits on my bedside table, missing. Strange, but I've seen stranger. Realizing it's a lost cause, I shuffle to the stairs and thunder down them.

Once I reach the kitchen I search for the time on the unused microwave above the stove. I find the time to be 5:45, staring back at me in neon green characters. The suns just about to set. I sigh and roll my eyes at the meeting I have to attend today. I turn to leave the kitchen when my stomach grumbles, asking for food.

Might as well eat, since, I'm already here.

I go towards the cupboards in search of some substance to relieve the growling in my stomach. I find some generic cereal and put it down on the granite island. I then search for a bowl, spoon, and milk. I then sit down at the island and eat my breakfast while watching the sunset out of the kitchen window. Once my hunger is satiated, I put my used bowl in the sink and head out of the kitchen.

As I trudge up the stairs, I scoff to myself at the ridiculousness of the situation, I'd never thought I'd be in. I would've laughed in the persons face who told me where I was going to end up.

I really wish I would've gotten some warning.

Once I reach my room, I slither back into my silk sheets and warm comforter and sigh.

I only have a few hours to ready 'till I meet up with Him. I scoff loudly and decide against it, I'll get ready at the last minute. I decide to kill some time with television.

                                                                              ~~

After hours of mindless television, I decide to turn it off and start to get ready.

I begrudgingly slide out of the comfort of my bed and head to the bathroom to shower. I strip and turn on the shower to as hot as it could go. I soak in the relief as the hot water dances across my back and down my body. The relief is short-lived when i realize the time.

I grab the closest towel and step out. I step towards the mirror and rub the fog off until i can clearly see myself staring back at me. I don't even recognize myself anymore.

I glance upon my drenched auburn hair and dark brown eyes. My high cheek bones with a slight flush to them and my full lips. I look at my small nose and pale skin. I don't see me anymore.

My auburn hair no longer has the orange and blond highlights it used to have. My dark brown eyes no long sparkle with humor and mischief. With life. My skin no longer has a lovely tan like it used to from living in the night for so long.

What has He done to me?

I shook off the negative thought and walk out of my bathroom towards my closet. I open up my closet and ponder the clothing choices I have before me.

I finally decide on a little black dress that fluffs out, and reaches mid-thigh. I slip it on and use the towel to wrap around my hair to dry. I look around for some high heels, when I finally find the perfect ones and step out of my closet, and once again head to the bathroom.

I decide on the smokey eye look, I do want to look decent.

After I'm done, I take the towel off and start to curl my now dry hair that reaches above my waist.

I slip on my stilettos that make my legs look killer. They also make me feel taller than my normal normal height of 5'3''.

I grab my clutch and put 'useful' items inside. I walk down the stairs and head straight for the door. I grab my coat and close and lock my door.

I descend the steps and head towards 'The Cave'. It's quiet as I head towards the nighclub. I glance up towards the stars ad full moon. I breathe in a lungful of autumn air. I stuff my hands into my coat pockets and keep walking with my head cast down.

As I near the surroundings closest to the club, my anxiety decides then to settle within me. As I get closer and closer my hands get clammier and my heart starts to race. even though I've done this countless times, He still has the same effect on me.

 I shake my head and sigh to calm myself down. Once I'm calm, I stand up straight, with my head held high and walk on further.

I walk towards the entrance, past the long line of people waiting to get in, up to the bouncer. I look up to him and give him my best smile. He smiles back, nods at me, and unhooks the velvet rope. Knowing Him, I'm permanently on the V.I.P. list.

As I enter, I can't help but inhale the smell of delicious food, there's no time for that though.

I nod towards the Maître d', and hand her my coat to hang up. I then walk past the restaurants patrons. All that's heard are my stilettos clacking on the tiles because of the dead silence. This always happens whenever I'm here. Probably His doing.

Most of His subjects slightly bow as I walk past, while some of the females, give me envious glares.

Shit, you could have him.

I walk 'till  get to the back of the restaurant and open the door and am instantly assaulted by the loud party music blaring through the speakers.

I can feel Him already.

I can instantly feel the eyes of His subjects on me. I ignore them and heads towards the bar.

I step up to the bar and instantly greeted by, Darius, the bartender. Some of the humans cry out in outrageat his immediate dismissal, but I know he has to do this this. Or else, He'll interfere.

"Good evening, Miss Natasha, what may I get you tonight?' He greeted.

"Oh Darius! We've been through this! Enough with the formality! And I'd like three shots of the good stuff" I screamed with a wink and a genuine smile. Darius can always do that to me.

"Coming right up!" He yelled over the music, and went to fix up the drinks. When he finished he brought them over and set them in front of me.

"Thank you, by the way what time is it?" I asked, curious. He checked his watch.

"11:10, Natasha" he replied "And it was no problem." After that he went to go serve the other patrons.

I knew He could sense me as as I stepped one foot through the door. I'll make him wait a little longer though.

I drank the three shots. One after the other. I winced at the burn of the alcohol as it went down my throat.

This should be fun.

I lean my back against the bar, with my weight on my elbows as I face the dancing crowd. I lean my head back, close my eyes, and inhale deeply. I try to feel the music.Try to become the music.  Let it soak in my bones beneath my skin, let it penetrate my cold heart. Makes me almost feel alive again.

I scan the crowd for the perfect pawn. I spot him across the room, swaying to the music, alone.

Perfect.

I casually walk towards him, like a predator on the prowl. I stand in front of him and tap him on the shoulder gently. He opens his eyes and finally takes notice of me. His eyes widen for a second before a warm smile spreads across his face.

"Hey." He greets, almost flirtacious. I smile back knowing he's perfect.

I walk up closer to him, stand on my tip-toes and whisper in his ear, "Wanna dance?", He tenses, then wraps his arms around my waist. Just the reaction I was hoping for. We sway to the beat of the popular pop song playing through the speakers. We occasionally grind against each other.

I'm suprised it's taken Him this long to notice me dancing with another man. I wonder how long it's going to take Him to rip me out of this strangers arms and drag me away. Especially considering His possessive streaks towards things He claims are His.

 I instantly feel His eyes bore into me as soon as I started to grind more...enthusiastically. This shouldn't take long.

3...2...1

I suddenly feel very big, very muscular, very familiar arms wrap around my torso. I then feel the sensation of being lifted and put on His very tense, shaking-with-rage, shoulders.

I'm in deep shit now.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey Hey readers!! How ya doin?! good? great! haha, vote, comment, fan if you really like. What do you think is gonna happen????

Thanks for reading!! CHOW!!

I also have a question, should I keep writing this? Or give up on it? Comment if yah do, it'd be highly appreciated :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 70 20
Hey! Have a story you want to put out there? Go for it! Pick your chapter by the category of your book, then put yourself in the comments of the chap...
1.6M 111K 26
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
131K 3.7K 25
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။