The Gilbert Wolf

By cathrineoriginal

Amy is Elena Gilbert's older half sister. She left to live with her Uncle John after the accident at Wickery... More

The beginning
On the Road Again
Meeting the Hybrid
Chicago
Bonding With Rebekah
Senior Prank Night
Humanity
Return of the Dead
Roadtrip
Falling Apart, Barely Breathing
Coming Home
Klaus
Give Me Love
Betrayal
Visiting
Boyfriend
I'm Not Going To Denver
Goodbye My Lover
If Today Was Your Last Day
If I Die Young
Here We Go Again
Get Out of Town
The Brotherhood of The Five
Revenge of the Hunter
Kiss Me
Keep Holding On
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Battlefield
Lean On Me
Landslide
If You Say So
Stuck In My Head
Prom Night at Hater High
The Originals
Where The Lost Ones Go
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Sequel's up!

Homecoming

25.9K 652 244
By cathrineoriginal

I am so excited about this chapter. I know it's fast but when you're not feeling well and need something to do, this is the best way to do it. I borrowed some of the dialog from TVD that some of you will recognize. I do not own the TVD only my OC. I only used it because it suited well with the story.

Enjoy chapter 10! I enjoyed writing it!

*************

Homecoming

Damon, Stefan and I got back to the boarding house and I went straight up to Rebekah, leaving it up to the boys to call the others before Mikael's arrival.

I found Rebekah in the bedroom on the floor by the fireplace. She looked completely broken. When she saw me, she started crying again. "Hey,Rebekah. It will be ok." I said softly as I sat down next to her. All I could do for her was to hold her and just be there for her.

"Mikael found us." I told her after she finally calmed down a little and I could see the shock on her face.

"He's coming here to kill Klaus." I felt my voice cracking.

"I know. I want in on it. I'm done doing things for Nik. He's taken too much from me and if I help Mikael, then maybe he will stop hunting me and my other brothers. It's Nik he wants the most." Rebekah had a hint of anger in her eyes. But mostly, she was hurting. I understood that. Klaus did kill her mother and probably others she cared about but I could not shake the feeling of losing him. I needed him.

"Everything will be ok." I told her and kept on stroking her arm.

"Look. You need something else to think about, instead of all of this. Why don't I go down to the cellar and grab you a blood bag and some alcohol. Then we can have a slumber party in here tonight and not worry about the whole Mikael and Klaus tomorrow. " 

"Sounds like a plan." Rebekah said with a smile, as I started walking out of her room.

"Hey, Amy? Thank you for this. For being understanding. I know how you feel about him." I felt tears threatening to escape my eyes. I didn't want to admit that I was feeling something for her brother 

"You're welcome." That's all I managed to say.

When I got downstairs, I heard Stefan, Damon and Elena coming inside.

"So we say that Mikael followed Elena in here and tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan said walking in to one of the rooms.

"Then what? I vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No, we do. He's an Original, we have to make it realistic." Damon said smugly.

"Fine." Stefan said and sighed.

"WE vervained him and discovered he had a dagger."

"Which was intended for Rebekah but we used on him instead." Elena answered.

I didn't like this. How could they now that once Klaus was dead, Mikael wouldn't kill them?

"How are you planning to get Klaus in to town?" Elena asked Stefan.

"We say that he's dead." Stefan responded. That was the time I entered the room.

"If you tell Klaus that Mikael is dead, he'll  need proof." I said.

"Then I shall be dead." I jumped up when a man suddenly stood next to me. Mikael. I started trembling again, full on shaking. I really didn't like this man. 

"Amy, go get Rebekah." Damon said. I nodded and left in a hurry. You didn't have to tell me twice about getting away from that monster. 

I got upstairs and found Rebekah in the bathroom.

"Your father is downstairs talking to Damon, Stefan and Elena." I told her, pale as a ghost.

"What?" I could see she was afraid.

"Calm down Bekah. He's not here for you. They're going to dagger him to draw Klaus out. You should come downstairs and be there. When they call Klaus, he would want to talk to you. You have to confirm it. You are the one he trusts the most." I told her mostly to reassure  myself. 

She was terrified and nervous. She was going to see her father. The very same man who has been trying to kill her the last 1000 years.

I held her hand to try to calm her down. My phone buzzed. Not now! off course it was Klaus.

K: How was the road trip little wolf?

I didn't answer. I could do that later. Right now, Rebekah and my other friends needed me more.

We came down to the living room, just in time to see Elena daggers Mikael. Rebekah lets out a little gasp.

"Are you ok?" I asked. She just nodded. This was the man she had been on the run from for a thousand years. A few tears escaped her eyes, but she quickly removed them. She didn't want to show weakness. 

"Call Klaus now." Damon said, ignoring Rebekah's reaction. Stefan nodded and took out his phone.

Now I was nervous. Rebekah noticed this and now she had to calm me down, so that my heart rate didn't blew my cover.

Stefan called Klaus and told him that Mikael was dead and how it happened. He didn't believe him at first and demanded to talk to Rebekah. That was when I left the room. I didn't want to hear this.

After Rebekah had talk to Klaus, she came up to the room.

"It's done. Nik's coming home." A part of me wanted him to stay away. Another part of me were so glad to finally seeing him again. It made me cry. Silent tears streamed down my face. Unable to stop them. Rebekah grabbed the bourbon bottle and sat down next to me in bed.

"We'll get through this." She told me.

"Somehow we always do."

My phone buzzed again.

K: Seems like your wish is coming true Little wolf. I'm coming home my sweet.

A: Can't wait.

K: Something wrong?

A: No, just tired. Been a long day today. With the road trip and I harassing Stefan and stuff. I tell you, being a bully is hard.

K: That's my girl.

A: Oh, so now I'm yours? Didn't we discuss this before?

K: Yes we did. Good night Amy.

A: Good night Klaus. See you soon.

Rebekah understood that I had to act like nothing when texting with him. Even though I wanted to call him and tell him everything.

After a few shots of bourbon, I fell asleep in Rebekah's bed and she stayed with me the entire night, watching over me. Afraid that Mikael would wake up to kill her, or even me.

*********

The next morning, Rebekah and I painted our toenails, waiting for Mikael to wake up and when he did, I backed away. I didn't want to confront him. I didn't want him to get the idea of me being so close to Klaus. I could hear them talking to each other. Rebekah telling him off. Finally.

I bumped into Damon in the kitchen.

"So. I need a chaperon to this Homecoming dance tonight and you are the right person for the job." Damon told me as he handed me a cup of coffee. I looked at him surprised and took the cup from him. I knew what he really wanted. 

"You don't need me there for that. You need me there to do something else." I told him off.

"Yes I do. It's no secret, Klaus is fond of you and if he shows up at school today, I need you to distract him for a while."

"Why? Why would you need me to distract him?" I asked narrowing my eyes. Damon put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't think about that. Just do your part." Damon answered with a smirk. 

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"I don't care. Talk to him, flirt with him, give him a lap dance. I don't really care." I gave him a dirty look.

"Nice, real charming I have to say." I said, zipping on my coffee. 

"Will you do it or not?" Damon asked annoyed and I knew that by saying no, he would just force me to do it anyway.

"Fine." I said walking away from him.

"Thank you." He called after me.

"You're getting me the dress!" I yelled after him whilst walking up the stairs.

*******

A little while later, Elena came and helped Damon put together wolves bane grenades and getting everything ready for the dance. Rebekah didn't take any chances and started getting ready early. I helped her with her hair.

"You look so beautiful in that dress." I told her with a smile.

"Thank you, Amy. I know it's not easy for you to being my friend and Elena's sister." I stopped curling her hair.

"Hey. Since I met you, you've been more of a sister to me, than Elena's ever been." She smiled at me with tears in her eyes.

"Please don't ruin your makeup. Please." I laughed at her.

"Sorry." I gave her a hug and headed for the stairs to go to my own room to starting getting ready.

"Hey." Rebekah called after me. "

You're like a sister to me to. Little wolf." I groaned.

"Not you to? It's bad enough that your brother calls me that." I groaned at the nickname that was starting to spread like wildfire. Rebekah only laughed.

I got in the shower and prayed that my nervousness soon disappeared.

**********************

3 person's P.O.V

Rebekah was looking at herself in her full-length mirror to see that everything was in place.

"Wow. Someone ready for tonight. A little early, don't you think?" Elena stood in the doorway of her room.

"Yes, I don't want to take any unnecessary chances. Everything could go wrong and I have to admit. This is my first school dance ever." Rebekah said with a smile that actually confirmed that she was a teenager at heart. 

"Really? You've never gone to a dance before in your life? how's that even possible?" Elena asked stunned.

"We were always moving around. Never stayed in one place long enough to make it to one of them." Rebekah looked at Elena in the mirror. "Have you heard anything from my brother?"

"No not yet but when he does come back to Mystic Falls, he will certainly not come quietly." Elena shrugged.

"And Damon have everything ready and under control?" Rebekah looked nervous.

"Yes. Everything is ready."

"Good but I don't want to know any more about this. I'll leave it up to you and my father. I just want to be a normal high school girl, going to her first high school dance tonight."

Elena moved closer to Rebekah.

"I know it's not easy for you to do this. So thank you so much for helping us with this. Getting your brother back to town."

Rebekah gave her a weak smile.

"Just be careful. I've been running for a long time and it's not without reason. And don't bring Amy in to this. She doesn't deserve it." Rebekah told her. She cared about the wolfgirl. She had never showed any resentment or anything. Amy saw her as something else rather than an Original.

"I promise." Elena said. Rebekah turned over to the mirror again.

"How do I look? Do I look ok? Amy helped me with my hair." Rebekah said with a smile. Elena stepped closer.

"You look beautiful but you're missing something." She told her and took out her mother's necklace. The one that Elena got as gift from Stefan. She put it around Rebekah's neck.

"Thank you." Rebekah said to Elena with tears in her eyes. Elena only smiled at her before plunging the dagger with white oak ash through her heart from the back. Slowly Rebekah turned grey and veins popping out over her body.

"I'm sorry. I can't take any chances either." Elena said as Rebekah fell to the floor, momentarily dead.

**********

Amy's P.O.V

I got out of the shower and dried myself off. Using my time. I went out to my bedroom and found a box on my bed. Ah! Damon did what I asked him to do. I opened the box and I revealed a beautiful dress. A strapless, red dress stopped at my mid-thigh. It had a black ribbon at the waist, tied up in a bow. I looked down at the box and on the bottom it was a note.

Looking forward to seeing you in this tonight. Save me a dance, Little wolf. Until then.

-K.

It wasn't from Damon. It was from Klaus. I suddenly felt a warmth in my heart. He was going to show up sometime tonight. I blushed at the thought.

I got dressed and put on my makeup. I had to admit. I looked good. I went downstairs where I met Damon. "Rebekah already left and you should go and meet her at the school." I thought it was weird but I took my car and drove towards school.

When I got there, it was a nightmare. Fire trucks and police cars all over the place. I found Caroline and Tyler.

"Hey. What's going on?" Caroline looked frantic. Like she was about to get a heart attack.

"The gym is flooded. The dance is destroyed." Tyler tried to calm his girlfriend down. "Look. Homecoming is not over yet. We bring the party to my house. We have the space. Come on you two. Let's go." Tyler walked towards the parking lot. I looked at Caroline.

"What do we have to lose?" I told her.

"Let's go." Caroline said in defeat. 

*********

We drove over to the Lockwood mansion and already many people were there. Caroline and Bonnie headed up the stairs. Stefan stopped me.

"You're coming with me, Amy. I need to keep an eye on you." He told me and I sighed but followed him to the backyard. It was crazy. It was people everywhere, and a band. How did Tyler do all of this in less than an hour?

Tyler passed us. "Stefan, Amy." Stefan looked at him.

"Hey, Tyler great party you've got going on here." Stefan said. 

"I'm not the one throwing it." Tyler said and looked at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm just doing what Klaus wants." I looked at him in shock.

"Wait. I don't understand." I looked between Tyler and Stefan.

"It's not a party. It's a wake."

With that, the music stopped and someone got up on stage.

"Good evening!" I heard someone say and I froze. I knew that voice anywhere. I looked up and saw Klaus. I felt my heartbeat raising and my cheeks getting redder by the second. I'm so glad it's dark outside right now.

Klaus jumped off the stage and walked towards us. I panicked.

"I need a drink." I told Stefan and left before Klaus could reach us. I got to the stairs and met Elena.

"Hey. Is everything ok?" She asked me.

"Have you seen Rebekah? I can't find her anywhere." I asked, starting to freak out about my missing friend.

"No sorry. I haven't seen her." Elena looked at me. "Are you sure you're ok?" 

I shrugged.

"Yes I'm fine. I just need something to drink." I answered her and that's when I noticed Elena's drink. I took it from her and took it all at once. It tasted disgusting.

"You're welcome." She told me sarcastically.

"Thanks." I looked around me after signs of Klaus.

"Do you want any more to drink?" I asked her.

"Yes please." I walked away, leaving her alone. I got two beers and started to walk back to my sister slowly. I was looking around for Klaus. I couldn't see him. I got back to Elena who was standing with someone.

"Hey, here's your drink." I said and held the beer out for her to take. Elena and the other one turned around. I froze. Klaus. She was standing with Klaus.

"Thank you," she said.

"Well, hello there." Klaus said looking at me with a look I didn't know how to read. 

"Let's go." Elena said to me and grabbed my arm.

"Actually. I would like a word with Amy alone if you don't mind." Klaus said. Elena looked worried but I nodded to tell her it was ok. Elena left and I stood alone with Klaus. It was nerve-wrecking and exciting all at once. 

"Nice to see you again Little wolf." He said and touched my cheek and it made my skin tingle and I found myself leaning in to his touch.

"Nice to see you to Klaus." I said with a whisper I put my hand on top of the hand he rested upon my cheek. I just stared at him. I felt so calm just being around him.

"Is everything alright, Love?" He looked a little concerned.

"Yes, everything is OK now." It was barely a whisper. I felt him move in and kissed my forehead. I felt a shiver through my spine.

"Dance with me." He told me and I just nodded and let him lead me out on the dance floor. One of his arms rested against my lower back. The other one all tangled with my hand. We swayed together to the music. I leaned my head against his chest and closed my eyes.

"You seem different." He told me.

"Some things happened when you were gone. That night I turned to a wolf, after you got me than phone, something happened. Bonnie and Matt did a spell and something went wrong. Supernatural ghosts walked around and since my uncle died a supernatural death, he came back and spent the day with me. It was the best day ever." I had tears in my eyes.

"I wish I could go back to that but I missed you though." I told him. Klaus looked at me as he wiped away my tears.

"I missed you to Little wolf." He leaned against me, and as his lips brushed against mine, his phone rang. The magical moment was broken.

"I'm sorry. I have to take this." He told me. Though he didn't wanted to let me go.

"It's ok. I'm not going anywhere." I answered with a blush. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead again. 

"I'll see you soon." With that, he disappeared. I stood there for a moment to catch my breath. What the hell was that? My mind goes completely blank around him.

"That looked convincing." I jumped as Damon suddenly appeared next to me. 

"You should get an award for it." I got a little annoyed. I took his drink and drank it all at once.

"Who said I was pretending?" I gave him the glass and left him there. Did I just say that? What is wrong with me?

*********

 I walked around for a while, I bumped into Elena. 

"Hey. Is everything ok? You look scared." She asked me but I just glared at her. 

"I'm fine. It's just been a long day. Have you seen Rebekah yet?" I asked, starting to get a little annoyed with everything. Elena looked a little troubled.

"Elena, what did you do to her?" 

She was about to answer me when Mikael approached us.

"Well, if it isn't the Gilbert Sisters." I started shaking just like that.

"What do you want?" Elena asked terrified.

"Well, you for starters Ms. Gilbert." Mikael snapped his fingers and some of his helpers grabbed Elena.

"Take her away." He said. When he wasn't looking, I tried to run away from him. That didn't help. He grabbed me without difficulty and held onto my throat.

"What do you want from me? I'm not a part of this." I choked out but Mikael only laughed.

"You see Amy, I think you are. I never thought that you were close to Niklaus but I guess I was wrong." I tried to get away from his grip. 

"I'm not close to him. I don't even know him." I lied. I sucked at lying. 

"Well my dear, it certainly looked that way just a few minutes ago." I was desperate. I had to lie.

"That was a lie. A cover. It didn't mean anything." I said, trying to sound convincing.  I could see the hate in his eyes.

"Let me be the judge of that." Mikael dragged me along with him. I couldn't stand against him. I was so scared and started crying. I was going to die. I never thought I'd die like this. Scared, afraid and in the hands of one of the first and strongest vampires in the world.

********

I just waited for him to kill me but when nothing happened, I opened my eyes. I looked right at Elena who was on the other side of the porch closer to Mikael. I tried to get away from the man holding me but he was too strong.

"Hello Niklaus." Mikael said. I couldn't see Klaus but I knew he was there.

"Hello Mikael. Why don't you come in? Oh that's right. You're not invited in."

"You can come outside if you want?" Mikael look smug. Oh, I hated that bastard. The fear I felt for him started to vanish and replaced it with anger. 

"Or I could let my hybrids tear you limb from limb." Do it! I thought. Rip the bastard apart. 

"They can't kill me." Mikael said smugly. 

"True, but they'll make a hell of a partygame." Hah! Let me play! I was starting to get really angry now.

"All I have to do is to rub these two fingers together." Klaus said and held his hand up. 

"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings, like a coward. Don't forget, they're still half vampire. They still can be compelled." Mikael said and made an order. 

One of Klaus' hybrids pushes Elena into Mikael arms. I tried for dear life to get to her. I tried to scream but with one hand over my mouth, I couldn't get a sound out.

"Come out and face me Niklaus. Or I'll kill this girl." No! I can't lose another family member! The tears were coming back.

"Go ahead. Kill her." He didn't just say that, did he?

"No, Klaus. He'll do it!" Elena sounded frantic. I had to do something.

"If I kill her, there'll be no more of your abominations." I could see the evil smirk on Mikael's face.

"I don't need them or her, I need to get rid of you." I could hear it in Klaus' voice that he didn't mean it. He was scared.

"You don't need her? How about this one?" Suddenly someone pushed me into Mikael's arms. I locked eyes with Klaus. I could tell that he wanted to run towards me but I shook my head. I couldn't let him do it.

 I cried. Yes, I was scared again. Now I was definitely going to die.  My tears silently fell down and it made Klaus almost start crying. He searched my eyes to see if there was something I wanted him to do and in that moment, I wanted him to be safe. I didn't matter and I hoped that he could understand that. 

"Well Mikael. What are you waiting for? Kill them!" Klaus yelled, finally letting a tear escape. 

"Very well." Mikael said with a boring tone and in the next moment pulled out a dagger.

I felt a sharp pain in my back, a pain I have never ever experienced in my entire life.  I gasped for air and hit the porch hard, my head crashing against the wood. My eyes were swimming with tears. I saw Elena hit the ground and I tried screaming her name, but nothing came out. Through my clouded tears, I could see Elena jumped up and I heard the name Katherine.

 It was the doppelgänger. The vampire. Why hadn't I seen that one coming? Elena wasn't even here. I heard some loud voices and saw someone burning. I tried to listen but I couldn't concentrate on the voices. I felt life draining out of me. I felt warm. Peaceful even, maybe this wasn't so bad after all... dying I mean.

Suddenly I felt arms wrapping around me and lifting me up to a sitting position. 

"Stay with me Amy." Klaus? Was that his voice? I felt something against my mouth and liquid running down my throat. I felt the pain slowly disappear and my eyes could focus for a few moments. I looked up at Klaus and he looked terrified.

"Stay with me, Love." Klaus whispered and brought me closer to him.  I nodded my head slowly and leaned against his chest. I was so tired. I wanted to sleep.

"I need to sleep." I said in a whisper.

"I know, love. Hold on Amy." I looked up at him with a little smile.

"It's Little wolf to you." my voice was a little clearer now. Klaus chuckled.

"Whatever you say, sweetheart."

*******

I felt someone lifting me up and moving. I closed my eyes. Not daring to open them. I was back at the boarding house. Klaus helped me change my clothes and cleaned me up. I didn't care about what he might see. I was too tired to care. He put me to bed and covered me up with blankets. Klaus kissed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry for everything, Little wolf." He got up and walked to the door.

"Klaus?" my voice was so low. He turned around.

"Stay with me, please?" He nodded and took of his suite so he only was wearing a t-shirt and boxer. He laid down next to me and pulled me close to him. That was when I let it all go. I couldn't hold my tears in any longer. I just let them fall and Klaus just stroked my hair held on to me. After a while, I didn't have any tears left.

I drifted into a deep sleep with safe arms around me.

End of chapter 10!

It was so emotional to write this. I do not know why. Especially the moments with Amy and Klaus. So did you like it? Let me know. It inspires me to keep on writing!

Until next time!

*cathrineoriginal*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 90 43
COMPLETED! Alexandra Gilbert, Elena and Jeremy's older sister, is a badass vampire-hunting witch. When the hunt for Katherine Pierce brings her back...
278K 4.5K 44
Pt1 of the Emma Gilbert series COMPLETED -- This is a fan-fiction of the vampire diaries. Emma Gilbert is what they call me. My name is Emmilia Gil...
1.6K 52 22
STATUS: ON GOING A beautiful brunette who goes by two names with different people. Elena Gilbert, a human girl who was taken in by the Gilbert family...
361K 11.2K 147
Emily Gilbert is the older twin sister of Elena Gilbert by three minutes and the older sister of Jeremy Gilbert. Four months ago, their parents pass...