Not of this Time

By AngelNatari

Diana and Meg are two normal girls visiting Greece on Vacation. What they didn't expect is to be pulled deep... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Book Trailer
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Authors Note
Epilogue
Remember

Chapter 11

4.6K 180 9
By AngelNatari

Achilles POV

Late that night I heard rumors that I was determined to find out were true or not. After hours of searching I found Patroclus and Meg in their tent. Surely they could tell I was angry about the rumors going on.

"Are they true? Tell me now!" I demand of the both of them.

"If they are there is nothing you can do. Diana is not your property and is able to make decisions of her own. You will truly never understand the reason she did this because you are not suppose to." Meg says standing up and walking before me. "Diana just save thousands of lives Achilles, can you say you have ever done the same?"

"What do you speak of woman?" I ask her not understanding her reasoning.

"Diana was selfless, willing to trade her own life and freedom to make sure that people didn't die all because of one woman." Meg says as looks away from me. "Diana left to make the deal but it was not her that purposed it. I can not say who it was but yes it is true. Helen will return in the morning and then you will see if she was the real cause of the war."

After saying this Meg can't even look at me as she sits down on their bed. She looks incredibly tired as if she has not rested for days. Patroclus stands up and I walk with him outside of the tent. After trying to explain to me there is nothing I can do to bring her back he returns to his tent. Walking back to mine, I look out the opening of my tent right to the moon. Wondering what Diana would be doing right now?

"I didn't want you to leave, why did you have to take this all upon yourself?" I ask as I look up to the stars. "Why didn't I stop you?"

Diana's POV

The night was cool as I walked out onto the balcony as I looked up to the moon. So many things had happened and now Helen was being returned tomorrow and now I am here with Paris and Hector. Just like Paris wanted. Would her return truly stop the war though? A part of me didn't think so. I held myself as I continue to look at the moon. Achilles must be incredibly angry for I am sure rumors have spread through out the camp. Still I know that I was able to do this and save people. I would rather save thousands of innocent people then send them to their death.

"Diana?" I hear a male voice call out from behind me.

The man approaches and I barely look over to find Hector put a robe around me. Hector was so kind to me and wasn't as harsh as Achilles. He even saved my life by risking his own when I was drowning.

"Something troubles you?" he asks me as he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"What is the deal doesn't work? What if this war continues? I couldn't bare to see that happen." I tell him as I turn and look him right in the eye. "Hasn't there been enough death?"

"I wish more people saw as you do Diana, men by nature are greedy. They want things for reasons they possibly don't know themselves. I do not know for sure if returning Helen will stop this or not but I believe it is worth trying." he tells me as he pulls me closer to him.

"You are to return her are you not? What if it is a trap? What if they try to hurt you?" I ask him in a panicked tone.

"They can try to harm me all they want but they will not have any success. Please do not worry I swear I will return to you." he tells me as he puts his hand on my cheek.

Return to me, would he really? Knowing the people in this war I knew there was no one you could trust 100%. I didn't even know what to say then.

The Next Day

After breakfast, I was walking trying to ease my mind if that was possible when Paris came to my side and decided to try and cheer me up. He might have done it if he wasn't half the reason for this whole war in the first place.

"Diana if you are worried for Hector don't be. He is the best warrior that Troy has." Paris tells me trying to help me relax but it doesn't work.

Just then guards coming running past us. That is never a good sign. Paris and I turn and follow the guards. Once we are outside of the palace I see Hector is helping a few soldier into the palace that appear to be injured. Of course no one in this time is a man of his word. Hector spots me and he looks angry. He hands one of the soldiers over to a guard as he walks up to me and grabs my arm pulling me away from the crowd.

"What do you know? Are you their spy?" Hector says as he holds me against a wall away from everyone else.

"I am no one's spy. How dare you try to accuse me of such a thing!" I yell at him as I pull my arm from his grasp.

"Then how did you know it was a trap? My men could have been killed." he tells me as his arms now move to his sides.

"Common sense. Anyone especially in this time is never loyal or honored to their word. Do not blame me for your misjudgement of the situation Prince." I tell him as I turn to walk away. "If you think Helen was all they wanted you are wrong, she was just the excuse to attack."

Walking back to the palace I run to my room only to find Paris already inside waiting for me. What in the world is he doing here? I try to ignore him as I try to find a dress to change into to get out of here. Ha to think I could change history what a fool I was.

"Diana, what in the world are you doing? What did Hector say?" Paris asks me as he runs to my side.

"Beside the fact that he accused me of being a spy? Either way it does not matter, the war continues so there is no point in me staying here." I say as I pull a dark brown dress down from a shelf.

"That isn't true, you do have a reason to be here. You have royal blood and a marriage can be formed from that." Paris tells me as he pulls the dress out of my hand. "You cannot return to the people you tried to go against."

"I went against no one! I tried to save people! Yet what in the world was I thinking, the only consistent thing in this time is death!" I yell as I hear the doors to my room burst open.

Great now I am probably going to be arrested and hung or whatever they do to people in this time. Walking out and expecting the worse I am somewhat surprised to see Hector standing alone. Paris walks out beside me and walks in front of me. As if he were guarding me.

"Brother leave us, she isn't who you think she is." Hector tells Paris.

"I know who she is. I have always known and no she is not a spy. Did she not help us like she promised you?! She brought back our cousin and has never given us a reason not to trust her!" Paris yells at Hector.

"She knew it was a trap-" Hector starts only to be cut off by Paris.

"Everyone knew it was a trap, she tried to warn you because she worried for you but you did not listen. Even father tried to warn you about going but you insisted. It was your own fault by doing so, do not blame Diana." Paris says as I stay behind him.

Hector looks between Paris and I and its hard to tell what he is thinking. To think I almost though I may or may not have been in love with Hector only to have him call me a spy! I sigh as I put my hand on Paris.

"Let him believe what he want. I'll leave and you can continue with this war killing people and separating others from their family." I tell Paris as I take my dress from his hand.

"You think we would actually let you leave? Is it not the crown you were after this whole time?" Hector has the nerve to ask me.

Looking at Hector now somewhat heartbroken I reach for the top of my head as I take the crown from my head and throw it to the ground. I didn't want this. I didn't want the crown or to be royal all I wanted to do was save Patroclus, Achilles and even Hector.

"Take your crown and shove it up your ass." I say as I turn and walk out of the room.

"Yet you have the nerve to call me the stupid one." Paris says as he follows me out of the room.

Hector's POV

I bow my head low as Diana and Paris leave the room. What have I done? Did I really accuse the woman I love for being a spy just because she worried about me? There is no way she would ever accept me now. Against my better judgement I walk outside and look out to see Diana on her way to the wine cellar that she knew was an exit to the palace. Paris close behind her begging her to stay and reconsider. Running out of her room I try to make it to the cellar as fast as I can.

"You're too late, nothing I could say or do could make her stay. You brother are now the cause of this unhappiness." Paris tells me as he walks out of the cellar.

"Did she tell you anything?" I ask him as I stop him from leaving.

"All she said was she was sorry and that she had no right to try and change things for the better." Paris says as he pushes past me. "You drove her right to Achilles arms you fool!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512 19 42
A modernized retelling of the last few books of the Iliad. History's classic war story, which is actually a love story. How deep goes grief run, and...
1.5K 83 29
As Princess and sole heir of the kingdom of Pedasus, Briseis has many duties. One of which she cannot fulfill much to her sorrow. As the Trojan War b...
216K 4.7K 30
When a Princess Warrior meets Greek's mightiest warrior. What if they fall inlove with each other? What would happen to Troy? *Highest rank: number 1...
6K 164 13
Patroclus is the son and only child from a wealthy man, Patroclus was average at about everything his father tried to put him in; He was never strong...