Remembering Bethany

By cucumber2727

THIS story gose back in time and to the present. It's about a teenage girl,Bethany Johnson,who has an alcohli... More

The beach...
Rejection of a kiss
No tittle

Meeting billy

79 1 1
By cucumber2727

I can remember the day I got adopted.... Everything seemed perfect and everything was. The sun was staining a bright yellow against the blue and smeared white sky. The grass swayed in the light breeze pushing against the dandelions that were forced to sway because of the commanding grass. My adoptive parents where telling me I was beautiful. I was the bright tulip on a cloudy day. That I, Bethany, was the most beautiful person in the world. Then I and my new parents arrived at a big house. I walked inside and was greeted by a tiny dog. Then I woke up.......

I looked around to see where I was. I saw a paper with my name across the top reading:

Name: Bethany Johnson

I looked to my alarm clock and realize I over slept. I grabbed a bag in the corner and ran out the door. I ran to the garage and grabbed my skate board and I skated down the street. I didn't worry if I was wearing what I wore yesterday, My usual outfit long black skinny jeans and a graphic tee of any cartoon with my hair tease a little along with a chain and gages and finally a studded belt with a matching bracelet.

I arrive at school with people pointing and laughing at me. I look at them confused and then feel my face. Then I look at my hand and see no smear. I run to the bathroom and look in the mirror, my scar is showing. I lean against the sink and look into the mirror.

I arrive into the gigantic house I imagined and found sitting in a comfy bed looking across into a mirror seeing the scar that ran across the left side of my face. "I'm a monster..." I say to my self. "I'm a monster" I say louder. "I'm a monster." I scream. "I'm a monster" I cry aloud. My perfect pretend mother walks into the room. And says to me "Honey what's wrong." I walk over to the mirror and point out the scar running across my face. "I'M A MONSTER!" I scream to her. I punch the mirror and scream. "Honey, you're a human not a monster your beautiful not ugly. You are a wonderful young girl. And I love you!" I look over at her and smile. "Really?" I say calmly. "I'm beautiful? I have a scar across my face I'm ugly!" I look at the shattered mirror and see the beast from beauty and the beast. "No, you are what you think you are. You may have an ugly outside, which you think, but you have a beautiful inside. And if people are to judgmental to even notice this then there missing out on it!"

I hear someone laughing at me and I come back to reality. I walk out the bathroom door and sprint to my locker I grab some of my cover up makeup. I put it on my face quickly and hope for the best. A boy walks up to me and asks me "do you know where the consoler's office is?" I look up at his honey brown eyes and stare deep into them. I see a beautiful wonderful person. He says back "are you okay?" "Yeah, yeah... I'm fine. Um I was just going to the consoler's office.... Ill show you..." We start to walk down the hall and he says "Oh by the way my name is Billy or you just call me Bill." "Um my name is Bethany Johnson." I say shyly.

We walk into the consoler's office and he holds the door open for me. I walk in and see Mrs. Lee smiling at me. I smile back and she says "Here again Bethany? What's the problem?" I say back quietly "nothing I just have to talk to Ms. Harrison." She says back to me "Oh! Okay." I take a seat on the comfy sofa. She looks at Billy and says "And what do you want?" Billy says to Mrs. Lee "I just need my schedule" "Oh! What's your name?" she says happily. "Billy Smith." He replies back. Mrs. Lee types stuff on her computer and prints something out. She rolls over to the printer grabs the paper and a highlighter she rolls back to the desk and starts to highlight things and talking to Billy. He starts to walk out then says "See ya Beth" he smiles and walks out.

Ms. Harrison comes out of the office and sees me she smiles and then shows me in.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I'm fine. I just... I'm confused..."

"Oh about what?"

"Well I had a dream... Let's call it that... Well I just always see this wonderful family that helps me... They only appear when I'm angry or upset... I just don't understand."

"Well, your mind has created another family... So that you can get through tough times... I just wish your mind could've considered me as another family instead."

She smiles at me then shows me out the door. I walk out and head for my locker. I grab some books and a pen. I shut my locker and head to my first class. I sit in the back row then see a familiar face. Billy heads to the seat next to me and sits down. "Hey Beth." He says friendly. "Hey... Um can you stop calling me Beth... I prefer Bethany." I say shyly. "Okay Bethany." He smiles and then says "I think it sounds better and it's faster anyways but if you don't like it..." The class begins and I sit back and listen.

After class I grab my next books and head to the next class. I deal with the pain of everyone gossiping about my hideous face. But during lunch I just sit back and daydream about my fake family. I'm sitting at a table waiting for my perfect mom to finish my lunch. "Mom you don't have to cook me lunch." I smile at her. "No I do... I have to." She smiles and looks over at me she finishes and sets it down at the table. I start to eat it happily. She says to me. "Enjoy Bethany." I smile. "I will" I eat and eat. Then my mom says "Bethany...Bethany...Bethany..."

I come back to reality. I look around the table and see Billy and some other people I don't know. He smiles lightly and says "you probably already know Zach, Randy, Michael, and Jonathan." He points at the four guys and starts to smile. I look confused at him and Billy says "You don't know them do you?" "No...I don't remember faces..." Zach taps him on his shoulder and says "She's not considered "cool" and I can tell you like her by the smile you give her. Am I lying?" Zach frowns and turns around. Then Billy sits like that and turns back around. He looks at me and says "why don't we get lunch?"

We walk to the lunch line and I grab a salad. I start to pull out my wallet and Billy puts his hand on mine and says I'll pay for you. He smiles and I smile back. We walk up to the cash register and Betsy yells"$1.50." Billy hands her the money and I start to walk back to the table. Billy starts to run after me and catches up. "So how's your day?" he says happily. "My day pretty much started." I smile lightly. He chuckles and says "Oh then how is it so far?" "Uh pretty good I guess, I just don't really think about that..." I say quietly. "Well I just can't figure you out.... You're so mysterious..." he says confused. "Well I guess you can say that I just don't think no one pays enough attention to try and figure me out..." I say sadly. "Oh... So you're saying I'm not paying enough attention?" he says shocked. We reach the table and I sit down and start to pick at the salad. "No it's just that people don't really care enough to talk to me" I say shyly. "Well I care enough." he grabs my hands for a second then drops my hands and says "hey guys." I see Zach, Randy, Michael, and Jonathan make there way over to the table. "What's up?" Randy yells anxiously. A few more people gather around the table and yell at Billy. During the commotion I find the chance to escape into the hallway.

I run up stairs and to my locker to find myself back to the fake bedroom I imagined this time the mirror wasn't shattered. I look around to see if my mom or dad would come this time. But the dog came instead. The door cracked open a little and the puppy golden retriever sprints in. It jumps on the bed and starts licking me I start to laugh and my father walks in. He says "now all I see here is a happy loving teen." he smiles and then says "your mom told me about what you think. But I don't think that I think opposite. You're a beautiful lively teen Bethany." then reality strikes my fake home.

"Hey Bethany what's wrong?" I see Billy in front of me talking off key from his lips. "Yea.... I left because I don't like the... I guess attention." the bell rings and I head for next class. I sit in the back of the class and see Billy again he smiles and says something to a tall black kid. He heads back to the seat next to me. He smiles at me and I say "do you like me or something?" he looks confused at me and says "well...." I cut him off and say "you seem nice and I would love to be your friend but you attract too much attention to me and I don't like it....I'm sorry." I say slowly. He frowns slightly and I walk away. I sit down in a seat in the front row by the one kid who was talking to Billy just before he sat next to me. Billy started to get out of his seat and the bells starts to ring so he sits directly back into the seat. The teacher walks in and starts class. After class I Head for my locker. I get through the day and start to skate board back home. Riding down the street in a jeep I see Billy. He whispers something to the driver and the car stops he hops out of it then the jeep takes off. He gives me a smirk and I look at him silly. He smiles at me and says "like my change in outfit?" I look at him from head to toe. He's wearing skinny jeans with a chain in his back pocket and a graphic tee with the Dr Pepper logo on it. He has his hear spiked a little and has a chain for a necklace. "Do you like it?" he repeats. "Well you do look different..." I say shocked. "Well I probably don't wear this style as attractive as you..." he says shyly."Excuse me?" I say shocked again. "You skate board?" he changes the subject quickly. "Um don't change the subject." I say lightly. Starting to nudge him and saying "what was that I didn't hear you?" I say sarcastically. "You skate board?" he yells. "Did you get that this time?" he questions. I smile "yes and yes." "Well at my old town they had an awesome half pipe and stuff... And I dominated It." he says proudly. I chuckle "Are you bragging?" I question. "No..... Is it that noticeable?" he says sarcasticly. "Well I got to get home now... You know I got homework..." I skate board back home and unlock the door. "Mom I'm home!"

I walk to the kitchen and see a letter on the fridge . It said

Darling, I went to get smokes... Back in like... Later tonight... Maybe tomorrow morning.

I rip it up and sit at the table I grab a pen and write on my wrist "monster" I keep writing it on my arm. I head for the bathroom. And look in the mirror I uncover the make up to reveal the scar. I start to cry and fall down on the ground. Supporting myself on the closet door. Then I see myself on a couch in front of a fire place. A mirror is above the fire place and above me is a golden chandler. I look in the mirror and see that my whole body is covered in the word "beauty" and my scar still visible. My dad walks in the room along with my mom. They walk towards me and my dad says "you are beautiful..." then my mom says "you just got to believe it..." I appear back in my bathroom and grab the pen and start to write beauty. Saying to myself "I'm beautiful... I'm beautiful."

I smell fresh ink and I walk to my bedroom. I look in the mirror and yell "I'm beautiful..."

Next morning I wake up with the pen in my hand and beauty across my whole body I run to the bathroom and start to take a shower. After I'm done I run to the kitchen and grab some bacon from the fridge. I spray on Pam and start to put the bacon on. I wait till it starts to shrivel a little then I flip them. I put the rest back then eat the bacon quickly I grab my bag then go to the garage and once again grab my skate board and skate down the street this Time I put my cover up make up on. I pick up my skate board and head into school I throw my skate board and backpack into the locker, grab my books and a pen and head for my first class. Since its Friday all the teachers had TGIF on the board. I grab a seat in the back row again and I see Billy come up to me and sit next to me this time wearing skinny jeans and skater shoes with a angry birds tee. I start to laugh at him. He asks shocked "what? What's so funny?" "Nothing it's just so cute how you're trying to dress like me." I say still laughing. "So you think I'm cute?" Billy says confused. "Sure." I say sarcastically and start to smile. "Oh anyways do you want to hang out today? Well after school though..." he asks shyly. "Umm sure I guess... It isn't like I have anything to do today always..." I think in my mind what would happen if I wasn't there when mom was bombed. I thought to myself what if I came home late? Would I have another scar? I come back and say "never mind I can't come I forgot I had plans already maybe Saturday or Sunday..." he Looks surprised and then says shocked "are you trying to avoid me?" I reply back nervously "no I just said I could on Saturday or Sunday." "Ok sounds good." he smiles and the teacher starts the class up saying "Thank god it's Friday." he smiles then frowns seeing the tried class. He starts to teach I listen like always. Then I look at my desk and it holds a note folded in nice neat squares. I open it up tracing the lines with my finger so it isn't creased. I read the note and it says:

Meet me at the park on Saturday :)

I look at Billy and shake my head yes. He smiles at me lightly I turn my head forward to see the teacher scolding at me. I survive my first class and get through the first half of the day. I head to lunch and sit at a table where no one else is sitting. I head for the lunch line and see Billy with some kids crowding him I walk pass them. But Billy spots me over everyone he heads toward me and smiles. I smile back and ask curiously "why aren't you with your friends?" "Well I am with my friend." he smiles lightly. "But wouldn't you rather be with them? I mean come on they... They're..." I said confused but cut off. "I know I know they're cool. So? I don't care... I guess I don't like attention either. Even though I'm really used to it." he says quietly and starts to smile. I laugh "you smiles to much..." "So you'd rather me frown all the time?" he starts to Frown and I say "no I just think it's..." I say then cut off again "cute?" Billy says smirking. "Sure let's say that" I say laughing. We keep talking and some how the conversation steers into the direction of the movie jar head. And some how it ends in me inviting him over to watch it with me. I start to pray that maybe my mom got lost in the streets even though it worries me on what will happen to her. After school I start to walk home with my skateboard in my hand. Billy comes up to me and asks "so you promise you have jar head? That's my favorite movie!" "I promise" I smile at him and laugh. "I still remember your favorite movie..." he smiles "of course you do I told you today in the lunch line." I start to laugh. "Well I also have good memory to and I know your favorite movie is misery. Also a book by Stephen king that you read 3 times." he smiles. "Wow... You actually listen." I say sarcastically. He smiles lightly and we start to near my house. I show him inside and we walk to the living room I grab the movie jar head and put it in. I sit down on the coach next to him then I realize mom. I run to the kitchen and Billy yells "what's wrong?" I look on the fridge to see if there is a new letter saying she's getting medicine, alcohol, or cigarettes. I find the new one and read it.

Darling, I went out to find dad... Back maybe tomorrow or Wednesday... Yes I'm bad at estimating..

Relived I return to the living room and start to watch the movie. Later I started to look over at Billy because I thought he was saying something but he was repeating what the TV was saying under his breath "this is my riffle. There are many like it but this ones mine. Without my riffle I would be nothing. Without me my riffle would be nothing." I start to smile and he looks at me confused. "What are you smiling about?" he questions "you! You're repeating exactly what they are saying!" I start to laugh. "Well I know it. So?" he says still confused. I laugh more and ask "do you want to be in the army?" he laughs hard at what I say. "No army is for wimps I want to be a marine." I frown at this and then look down. "What's wrong?" he says and starts to frown. "Nothing...I guess I'm upset because my dad is in the marines..." I say very sad. "Do you want me to go?" he asks politely. "No that would make it worse..." we watch the rest of the movie and I decide I'm hungry I start to head to the kitchen but Billy grabs my hand and says "we could just go out to eat." "I guess so where do you want to go?" I ask shyly. "How about subway?" he says in a perky way. "Sure, you know I found the perfect job for you..." I say happily. "Yeah what?" he smiles again. "A Wal-Mart greeter." I smile brightly. And he laughs loudly. "And why that?" he questions. "Because you always smile and you are always happy..." he laughs loudly again."Well you should be a...a...I don't know you to well your to hard to figure out." he says in a different voice. "Well let's start heading for subway..." I say then give a weird smile. We start to walk to subway in an awkward silence and when we were at subway somehow the talking started back up. "So what's your favorite sub?" he questions. "Hmm probably Italian bread with ham salami provolone toasted lettuce tomatoes banana peppers and black olives along with pickles." I say definite. "Well that's cool... Mine isn't that complicated I guess you could say." he smiles. I look around and see no one in line and tell them what sandwich I want. Then Billy says what he wants and we head towards a table near the window. "Okay so what is you biggest pet peeve?" he asks as if it's one of. My biggest secrets ever. I think for a while then say "judgmental people and people who attract attention to my quiet and peaceful world." I say head on. I start to eat my sub and he eats his for the rest of the dinner we eat quietly. We start to walk out the door and head home. He walks steadily at the same pace as me till the silence is broken by another question or at least I thought. "So what's your favorite band?" he asks quickly obviously sick of the silence. "All time low, maroon 5, fall out boy, and good charlotte." I say so quickly it could've caused whiplash in some scientific way. "Cool... I like good charlotte to." he grins widely. "What's your favorite song then?" he asks. "Aren't you getting sick of asking questions?" I say upset by the so many questions. "Nah not really would you rather I demand you to tell me instead?" he questions. "Aha another question!" I say as if I was a detective finally catching the thief or murderer. "Fine then...." he says then starts to think for a while then says "I demand you to tell me your favorite song!" he yells at me. "Fine, fine" I scream. "Iris by goo goo dolls." I say back. "But they aren't one of your favorite bands how could you choose that as your favorite songs?" he questions confused. "Just because I like the song doesn't mean it has to be my favorite band...I like that song and slide but I don't know any other songs by them... so how could I say that's my favorite band?" I question back. "Touché" he says then smiles. I smile back and start to head to my house and he follows.

We reach my house and he says to me "Good night... I'll see you tomorrow...At the park...If you haven't forgotten..." He says. Giving the obvious hint that he wants me to go. "Sure what time?" I smile shyly. "Um how about...12:00?" he says happily. "Sure sounds good...Do I have to bring any thing?" I ask as if there was a catch. "Other then your body and a bathing suit no....And uh... It's kind of a beach party... I just want you to come..." he says first part happily then last part under his breath. "Um...Okay I just have to tell you something..." I say nervously. "What is it?" he says joyfully not noticing how nervous I am. "Um...I have a scar on my face...and it isn't very pretty...and I would understand if you didn't want to be friends because of it..." I say calmly. I take my hand and rub it across my face revealing the scar. "And I care why?" he asks confused. "What? What do you mean?" I say even more confused then he was. "Why should I care what you look like? I don't care, you're an awesome person why should I judge you on the outside?" he questions. "Well everyone at school make fun of me because of it..." I say sadly. "So? I'm not like them." He says. "Oh...Ok...Um I should go..." I say shaking. "K bye ill see you tomorrow at 12:00" he says with a little hype.

I walk inside and lay on my bed for awhile and I somehow fall into the drift a dark sleep.

Next morning I wake up at 11:30 and I look out side at the sun and remember I'm supposed to be at the beach at 12:00. I hurry up and run to the shower. I take a shower and put my make up on. Then I sprint back to my room and put on my purple bathing suit. It's strapless and it has ruffles for the top and I throw on some short shorts on. I put my hair up and find my moms keys to her truck that is a dark blue. I grab them and run out to the truck. I finally reach the park and I find a parking spot. I find one then grab my stuff out of the car.

I run to the Beach side of the park and see a familar face. Billy runs up to me and says "I didn't think you wouldve came!" He says shocked."well I came!" I said smiling."wow..." he says shocked still. "what?" I questions shocked. "I didn't think you had a belly button piercing..." he says amazed. I look down and see the dangaling piercing sparkle in the sun light. "uh yea.. I do.." I say quietly. "well... Do you wanna go swimming?" he questions still looking at the piercing as if he was a fatboy eyeballing a chocalate bar. "um sure...just in shallow water? Cause of my scar..." I say nervously. "sure" he smiles now looking at my face.

We walk down to the water and we hit the water. I follow him as he steps into the water. He looks at me and splashes me a little. I give him a dirty look. I splash him and the outcome is he dunks me under the water I come up mad and swim under him and come up behind him as a sneak attack. Then finally I dunk him. He gets back up and looks at me confused. "you weren't lying about the scar."he says calmly.he looks at it then says "but you still look beautiful"he says sweetly. "aww you brown noser." I say then splash him playfully. Zach comes up and sees me. He looks down at my belly button piercing and says "hey...." "Bethany." I say. "you look nice..." he says flirty. Then Billy dunks him in the water. Then zach says "thanks bro..." he gives a charming smile to me and walks away. Then Jonathan and Randy run up to billy and say "dude there doing tubing you gotta come it's so much fun!" then they look over at me and say "and...and..she can come..." "hey Bethany that dose sound like fun do you wanna come?" he asks perky. "If you want." I say then smile.

Later they have me sitting on a tube besides Billy. I look out at the water and feel something grab my hand I look over astonished and see Billy holding my hand. He says quietly "I won't let go of your hand." I look at him confused. He let's go of my hand quickly and says "what?I said nothing..." the boat starts to move and I start to get jumpy,I look over at Billy and see his arm hanging loose. I grab his hand quickly just as the boat starts to go. The boat takes off and the driver,michael, dose a series of twist and turns bouncing me around. We take a hard left turn and I flip off. I skip across the water then fall in. All I see is Billy looking back at me then falling off himself. He swims near me and says "are you okay?" then I look at him "yea.. I'm fine I start to swim torwards the boat. Then michael says "man that's awesome! Dose anyone know how to water ski?" I look at him and think. I have gone water skiing before and I'm pretty good at it. "I can" I yell as I start to climb out of the water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399 14 36
******COMPLETED****** but don't read. Horrible story and plot line. Needs major editing and a possible scrap. 😂😂😂 School is hard enough. You have...
93.4K 4.8K 36
I was running in the woods. From what, I did not know, but I had a feeling that it might or might not be good. I looked down and saw that I was in a...
210 38 18
How do you tell your best friend you love them? How do you know they feel the same? How do you stop your heart getting broken in the process? Honest...
267 22 11
Its a story about a teenage girl who is in senior year of her high school. She have perfect family, perfect friend, perfect boyfriend but you know in...