Out of the Shadows||KotLC|| {...

By SailorGirl9574

****This book has been transfered to magicistheonlysight. It will be continued around this summer by her.****... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Author's Note
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Tagged
Author's Note
Author's Note...Again
Tagged
Discontinuation of this story

Chapter 5

595 17 8
By SailorGirl9574

"Sophie" Mr.Forkle said. I was back in my old home, coming home to find him waiting for me on my porch.

"Yeah, Mr. Forkle?" I asked, confused.

"Don't doubt your friends. Not now not ever. Because they will always come back for you if they are your true friends." He said, before walking off.

"But Mr. Forkle, I don't have any friends!" I called after my next door number.

"But you can!" He called before entering his house.

End Memory~

"I'm never going to see Keefe again!" I sobbed into Fitz's shoulder. I was ignoring the memory I just had.

"We'll get him back." Fitz assured me, rubbing my back soothingly.

We'll get him back. No matter what it takes. Fitz transmitted to her. There was a white speck in the sky, as well as a grey one.

FRIEND! KEEFE! FRIEND! I heard Silveny transmit.

Keefe's gone, Silveny. He ran off to stop the fire. I transmitted back. So the specks were the alicorns! The alicorns landed in front of the group of friends, and everybody around them stumbled back, surprised by the family.

Keefe! Keefe! Keefe! Keefe! SAFE! safe! Safe! Silveny persisted.

Mom! Mom! Mom safe! Grey fell added. Greyfell has never spoken to me through his mind, so the addition of his voice startled me enough to make me stumble into Biana's arms.

Keefe! Keefe Mom safe! Silveny pounded into my head.

Keefe is safe? His mom is safe? I said, excited.

SAFE!" Silveny loudly transmitted, whinnying as well. Dex took a step back as Silveny bucked. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two people pulling three more people, as well as a fourth reluctantly following. She recognized the six people as Mr. Forkle, Keefe, his mom, Fintan, Brant, and Alvar.

Fitz......Alvar! He got caught! And Brant! And Fintan! And Keefe's mom! I transmitted to my best friend.

Alvar! But he betrayed us. He's part of the group that kidnapped you, and tried to kill us. i-I-I don't trust him anymore. Fitz transmitted back.

Neither do I.

But hey, Keefe is safe.

Keefe is the one dragging Alvar. Forkle is dragging Brant and Fintan. What if. What if they burn Mr. Forkle? And just as I sent that, I heard Mr. Forkle yell out in pain, and Fintan and Brant frantically tried to escape, grabbing Keefe. I could feel the anger rising in my chest and I ran towards them, before sending out a wave of pain to inflict on the two pyrokinetic elves. They collapsed in pain, and then the council and their body guards surrounded them, handcuffing them and knocking them out. Keefe was still holding Alvar tightly, despite the burn-I could see it. They burned him. The council then turned to Alvar, and then to his parents, who had arrived.

"Handcuff him. He's no Vacker after joining the Neverseen." Alden said, his voice cold and showing no remorse or pity towards his eldest son.Biana let go of Dex's hand and grabbed Fitz's hand as the council handcuffed him. Keefe-no longer holding Alvar captive, looked at his mother in disgust but I could see there was a hint of love in there as well. She reached out to touch Keefe's shoulder, and he backed away. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him, and his mother scowled as he leaned into my hug and wrapped his arms around me gratefully.

"I did it for you, Keefe. I joined the Neverseen so they wouldn't harm you." Keefe's mother said quietly, looking at her only son.

"But yet the harmed me! They gave me this burn today, they harmed Sophie and Silveny! Do you know what it's like, having to grieve for a friend who's not even dead? Especially one that you're in love with! And it's all because of you and the Neverseen!" Keefe yelled at his mom.

"Keefe. Give me a chance!" His mom pleaded. Everybody was watching.

"Keefe. Let's go." I murmured, pulling him over to Elwin. Elwin healed his burn quickly, and then I turned to look at the school, which was destroyed by the everblaze.

"I ruined our school!" Keefe said sadly.

"No, Fintan and Brant ruined Foxfire." I replied, taking his hand in mine.

"Everybody's going to hate me."

"Everybody's going to love you. You just helped capture Neverseen's leaders."

"Sophie?" Keefe said after a long period of silence as we watched the school burn, everybody capable of making the stuff to put out everblaze working.

"Yeah?"

"I-I love you." He said, so quiet I could barely hear him.

"I love you too, Keefe."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Course I will be. But anything we do that the friends don't know I'll probably have to tell Fitz, him being my cognate and all. Just of it, not about it. Like, no descriptions or anything." I said, laughing at the end of it.

"Understood. I'll be sure not to hurt you then, because I don't know what Id do if you were mad at me and with your abilities...and then Fitz would be mad at me....and Biana and Dex...and Jensi...and yeah, pretty much all of my friends." Keefe said, laughing.

FITZ! I'M NO LONGER SINGLE! I transmitted to him.

THAT'S AWESOME. Hey, congrats on becoming Keefe's girlfriend. Girls would kill to be in your position. Fitz transmitted, grinning at me.

Just like girls would kill to be your girlfriend. I teased.

They wouldn't kill.

Oh yes they would. You're everybody's dream guy too, Fitz. And don't you try and deny it!

I AM NOT EVERYBODY'S DREAM GUY.

Explain why every girl is staring at you currently? Other than me and Biana of course.

Because....because one of my best friends just captured Neverseen?

Wouldn't they be staring at keefe then?

STOP SOPH. You're embarrassing me!

How am I embarrassing you if I'm only talking to you and nobody can hear what I'm saying?

"Soph, stop chatting with Fitz telepathically please?" Keefe whined.

"I HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH FITZ GOING ON INSIDE OUR HEADS AND IT'S ABOUT HOW FITZ IS EVERYBODY'S DREAM GIRL! OTHER THAN BIANA AND ME. KEEFE'S MY DREAM GUY. I DON'T KNOW BOUT BIANA THOUGH." I yelled, and Keefe blushed and so did Fitz, as he glared at me.

SOPHIE FOSTER YOU DID NOT JUST YELL THAT!

I kinda did, fitzy poo. I said, smirking at him from across the field.

DON'T NICKNAME ME!

But Fitz......

No buts.

Keefe is still blushing.

Course he is.

Do you think he'll be on my good match list if I ever get one?

Definitely. Hey, we should get one when we reach the elite towers!

Not so far off for you. Next year!

And you! They're making you skip another year!

So now I'm not going to be in the same grade as Biana, Dex and Jensi.... Aw....

But you'll be in the same grade as your boyfriend and cognate.

True.

"Foster, stop talking to Fitz!" Keefe demanded.

"We were just talking about how I'm going to skip another year......and how I'll be the same level as you now!" I defended myself.

"THAT'S AWESOME!" Keefe shouted, wrapping me in a hug.

"It is, isn't it?" Grady said, standing behind me.

"DAD!" I said, pulling myself out of Keefe's embrace and hugging him. Edaline appeared next to him and I hugged her.

"What's with the hug party?" Edaline asked.

"I'm skipping a school year and I'll be with my cognate and boyfriend and it's awesome!" I blurted.

"Boyfriend?" Edaline asked, a small smile on her face.

"Keefe Sencen at your service." Keefe said jokingly.

"I always thought you'd end up with Fitz. You know, because cognates and stuff. And your crush on him. Well, your previous crush on him." Grady admitted.

"Fitz doesn't like me in that way. And that'd be weird. I mean, every little thing down to where I hid my sister's karaoke game when I was 9 and all the biggest things like what I regret the most? I mean, come on." I said, laughing.

"You two wouldn't argue." Edaline pointed out.

"Or we could argue a lot."

"True. Anyways, I'm glad you're happy."

"And I'm glad Keefe FINALLY asked her out!" Fitz said, coming up beside me. Keefe wrapped his arm around my waist, and I just laughed.

"No need to be protective over me when I'm with my PARENTS, and my Cognate. Who I don't even have feelings for anymore. And he's never liked me in that way anyways." I teased Keefe, who simply shrugged and kept his arm where it was.

"YOU TWO ARE JUST TOO CUTE TOGETHER!" Biana gushed.

"I'm just glad you didn't end up with Fitz." Dex said.

"Dex!" Fitz whined.

"Hey, you never liked me anyways." I interjected.

"But still, after all we've been through how can you still dislike me?" Fitz asked.

"He's always hated you Fitz. He just put up with you because of me." I said, chuckling.

"Guess I'll always be Wonderboy to you then." Fitz grumbled to Dex.

"GET ALONG GUYS. Like seriously, we've been friends for like.....two full years. You should know by now that Fitz isn't stuck up. And has broken many laws. Not even rules in the school! He's broken some of those too now though. Fitz isn't the problem in the friendship between you guys, it's you Dex. Like seriously, Fitz complains to me every single day how he wants to get along with you. But with your grudge against the Vackers, you've prevented a friendship from happening. And a really good one at that." I said, starting to ramble.

"I am not the problem! How can my best friend-well, who I thought was my best friend say that?!?" Dex yelled at me, clearly offended.

"FITZ HAS NEVER JUDGED YOU ONCE DEX! HE HAS NEVER JUDGED YOU BASED YOU YOUR PARENTS, YOUR ABILITY-WHICH IS AWESOME- OR ANYTHING! But yet you judge him because Alden is part of the nobility? Because his last name is Vacker? What does that even have to do with who Fitz is as an elf? Like, what has he ever done to you? Nothing! He's showed me every single memory of you guys interacting. The only slip up was when he called you Deck instead of Dex. That's one slip up out of how many years? A WHOLE LOT, Dex! All I want is for my best friends to actually be friends with each other." I shouted back. Keefe stepped away from me.

"That's some serious irritation there, Soph. Tone it down." Keefe stated.

"Maybe if you didn't judge people because of their last name, Dex, this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't be arguing with my best friend and COUSIN. And before you even say I'm biased because he found me, I'm not. Or because I'm his cognate. I'm not biased because of that. Talk to me when you decide to get over your grudge. Because I want what's best for both of you-and that is for you to be friends." I said, taking my home crystal and light leaping away. Keefe appeared soon after me.

"It's not like you to argue with Dex." Keefe said.

"I don't like how he still doesn't like Fitz even though he's nothing like Dex thought he was. Fitz's is a major part of my life. He's my cognate, and my boyfriends best friend. And Dex is my best friend and cousin. If the two don't get along-the two people I spend the most time with other than you now- what's it going to lead to? I don't want my friends to fight, but yet we just did." I said, sitting down on the couch.

"Dex will come to his senses. He'll become friends with Fitz. I know it." Keefe said comfortingly.

"But will he? He's stubborn."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 63.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
434K 10.9K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
1.3M 56.3K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
400K 24.2K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...