Miss Clumsy and the CEO (UNDE...

By Vampirefangsrules

Harper Daniels is clumsy. Full stop. A recent graduate, she's starting her career at Brewer Enterprises. Wha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19- On the run
Chapter 20- GAME ON
Chapter 21- The GAME is ON
Chapter 22- It just keeps getting better and better
Chapter 23- Falling harder and harder
Chapter 24- Resisting is harder than it seems
Chapter 25- Weekend with You
Chapter 26- These feelings
Chapter 27- Cold shoulder
Chapter 28- Guilt
Chapter 29- A mistake
Chapter 30- It feels like I can't function
Chapter 31- Time to make a stand
Chapter 32- Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 33-Jealous?
Chapter 34-Count to Ten
Chapter 35- I still care
Chapter 36- Its a risk I must take
Chapter 37- Can't get enough of you
Chapter 38- Right Move
Chapter 39- "What is it you want, Miss Daniels?"
Chapter 40- "Anything for you, Miss Daniels"
Chapter 41- James' Plan
Chapter 42- Fun
Chapter 43- Take my breath away
Chapter 44- Heart Bleeds for you
Chapter 45- "My Boyfriend"
Chapter 46- Worth the Wait
Chapter 47- Unknown Number
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- HeartBroken
Chapter 50- Damage
Chapter 51- Two hearts; alone once again
Chapter 52- Ethan
Chapter 53
Chapter 54- Eleanor
Chapter 55- Masquerade
Chapter 56 - Truth
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - True Love Beats All
Chapter 60- No matter the cost
Chapter 61- You bring me Strength
Chapter 62
END CHAPTER
Author's Note
Epilogue The Wedding
Bonus Chapter/Snippet- Valentine's Day
BOSS UNDERCOVER PUBLISHED!?!?
AUGUST 28th
♦️COVER REVEAL♦️ PREORDER LIVE
BOSS UNDERCOVER IS #LIVE!
BOSS UNDERCOVER PART ONE IS FREE!
Boss Undercover Boxset + Update

Chapter 63

382K 10.3K 1.2K
By Vampirefangsrules

The tranquillity was of the sea lapsing gently against the void surface, its colour a serene blue. It was utterly soothing as Harper rested her eyes relaxing against the hollow, metal bars. The hour of darkness settled on the sky with the moon shimmering its glowing light onto the bare ocean, its reflection disorientated travelling over the incoming tides. Her heart fluttered as she felt James embrace her from behind resting his chin onto her shoulder as the yacht continued to sail steadily. His lips searched for her bare skin planting gentle but fierce in how it prickled the hairs on her arms to stand up in approval. What more could be luxuriating that this? Not only had James surprised her with this voyage considering this morning he'd look barely able to move a muscle from the pit of his bed, James' stealthy approach conquered her superstition to there being something else planned.

This morning she had left to visit Dani feeling rather strange to call it visiting considering she still lived there and had been temporary staying with James whilst his recovery. When she returned near to the evening, James was no where to be seen as she entered the penthouse. Manny wasn't on duty so he was home alone. She had called his name over and over receiving no welcome back fearing something was up until she noticed the scatter of rose petals on the floor trailing upstairs. All along her heart continued at its hurried pace as she followed them where it eventually led her to the bathroom. James was still nowhere to be seen but entering the bathroom, she melted at the sight of the bathtub filled up with hot water and more rose petals this time floating upon the surface of the water. She took in all minor details including the candles lit placed around the room offering warm exotic scents nor did she push aside the flutters in her stomach. Then she could recall how the hairs on her arms stood on end when the door clicked open. Turning around, it was where James stood leaning against the frame wearing nothing but a flimsy towel that covered his lower half.

No words were needed after that...

And here she was now.

"I could sail the sea with you for eternity." James confessed, the sweet resonance of his voice crawling down her spine.

"Supposed to make me swoon in your arms?" Harper gibed, despite the fact it made her completely breathless. James choked, "Jeez, way to ruin a moment."

Harper smiled resting back in his arms, "You know I love you."

"I appreciate it Miss Daniels." He snorted, before taking a sip from his glass. Harper puffed nudging her elbow into his chest. "I appreciate it? Is that all ?" Amused at his pretentious, yelp in defence, "That so hurt." He retorted as he placed his glass on the side.

Without chance to reply, he whisked her back to the centre of the yacht enclosing the small distance between them as he wrapped his arms around her waist. Whirling her tenderly in his arms, swaying them to the song playing in the background.

"This is so cheesy." She chortled, then hiding her face in the arch of his neck.

James twirled her around brining her back into his arms as he smirked to himself. Wetting his bottom lip he commented, his voice husky, "Baby, Dance is the art of Sex." Then as they swayed, he gently ran his hands down her thighs igniting the hunger within her stomach. Expecting him to stop and kiss the might out of her, he quickly twirled her that it was her back against his front. Slowly he nuzzled down onto the arch of her neck, tantalizing upon her skin as she bit hard down onto her bottom lip. It was as if he was teasing her purposefully with seconds after, moving her back into his arms. Where ever he learned to dance to like that, proved his earlier statement to be correct with every inch of her grew impatient wanting nothing more to feel his body skin to skin.

Finally he came to a halt, resting his forehead against hers. Just as he was breathless, she too couldn't stop her chest from rising fast. James took no hesitation to tenderly place a kiss against hers taking no hurry whatsoever. Harper moved closer into him with her hands travelling up his shirt to hang loosely around his neck as he continued. How could he get tired of this he thought to himself as he teased biting down on her bottom lip. Tonight would be perfect. Nothing would spoil this night, alone from intrusion or events that likely would disturb. Now knowing they belonged together with all lies and secrets pushed aside, James wanted every second with her to be cherished. No woman had this effect on him, ever since day one when she spilled that coffee on her, something alerted him to the true beauty standing before him.

James cupped her chin as he deepened the kiss smiling between their lips as her gasp of approval. Finally breaking apart, James took a hold of her hands in his own, bringing them to his lips in which he planted a kiss on each. It was adoring when her cheeks would light up a grazing red knowing he had that same feeling he fed onto her was the same for him.

Tonight was going to be special.

~~~

Light peeked onto the duvet alerting James to his surroundings. Beside him resting on his chest lay Harper still fast asleep with the subtle sound of her breathing. James smiled caressing his fingers against her naked skin before gently moving her onto the pillow as he sat up. Grabbing his boxers off the floor, he shoved them on then stretching his arms as he got up to his feet. Last night couldn't have gone better. Not that he would be one to share...yet.

When Harper opened her eyes, her nose was invaded with the heavy scent of food summoning her stomach that growled in response. Holding the duvet to her naked body, she picked up the discarded silk robe off the floor and covered it around her body. Running her hands through her hair as she made her way to the kitchen, she couldn't abandoned the smile that ran onto her lips seeing her man cooking eggs on the stove. Knowing he hadn't seen her presence, she crept towards him before resting her hand which held the sliver strip onto his back. James instantly turned, engulfing her into his arms as he moved to rest against the counter.

"And don't you look dashingly sexy this morning, Miss Daniels?" He declared, as he slid his hands comfortably on her behind. Harper ran her hands down his chest as she raised her eyebrow, "I do, do I? Mr Brewer?" She queried.

James smirked with his eyes running towards her cleavage profoundly visible to see.

"What's for breakfast?" Harper asked.

"I've lost my appetite for breakfast." He replied darkly smiling in return, unable to resist the temptations that ran through his veins, thoroughly relishing the thought of his woman naked and only covered by the flimsy material.

"So have I." Harper muttered, echoing the words he wanted to hear. Without second thought, he switched the stove off by the gas before seizing her in his arms and gradually pushing her back as they walked as one heading back to the bedroom door. Slamming the door behind, he choked as she shed away her robe then instantly he enclosed the little space between them diving back into the quilts.

James had no control once he was with her; everything about Harper captivated him.

~~~

"So do we tell?" Harper asked, as they walked hand in hand to the front door. James smirked bringing them both to a stop. "I'd say we leave it for a while."

Harper rolled her eyes smiling towards herself. "You're going to cause combustion." James stole a kiss from her lips then took heading over to the door where he opened it towards his parents. Gwen took entrance first embracing her son into a hug then throwing her arms around Harper who returned the warm embrace.

"Father." James smiled.

Michael nodded entering after as he and Gwen followed en-route towards the living room. James squeezed Harper's hand whom felt incredibly bare missing something in particular. Smiling in return she followed his parents back to the living room where Gwen comfortably sat protecting the glass of wine she had nestled in her hand already, and Michael was guarding the liquor cabinet pouring himself a drink.

Harper sat down opposite Gwen with James following her who rested his arm cosily around her waist. "So, where's Sis?" James queried, first to break the silence.

"She'll be on her way soon. So what did the Doctor say?" She asked.

"Everything's fine. My wound is healed. Just left me with a scar." James replied.

-"So I'll expect you'll be at work soon then." Michael implied as he sat next to his wife taking another sip from the frosted glass.

"Yeah. This week coming up." James said.

"Already?" His Mother fretted.

"It's been a month. And I'm back to my usual self." James explained as he leant forward. A release of air left her lips before taking a hurried sip from her glass.

"What about the press?" James turned to speak to his Father. Michael jerked his glass up, "All sorted. Press have died down on your story. Apparently they got some interest in some modelling agency on some model." He said.

"Good. As long as they leave me and Harper alone." James claimed, snaking his arm tighter around her waist in comfort.

Violet was soon not long to walk in placing her bag on the coffee table giving her brother a quick hug before retreating herself to a glass of wine herself. It needn't long for the entire family to swing into full discussion, filling their stomachs with small bites of snack and drowning back more alcohol. Inside Harper became more increasingly impatient, discreetly at times raising her eyebrows to James where words were not needed to know what she was hinting at. It was this unbearable weight on her shoulders that each second that her mouth did not blab the truth, it was becoming harder not to. Fortunately, James held the same burden of keeping their secret so at least it all wasn't on her.

Regrettably, Harper had wished she had never put out that fatuous game board of Monopoly onto the coffee table. For the past twenty minutes, she'd listened to James bicker with his sister arguing over something petty as who should have possession of the dog figurine and despite the distinctive instruction of who becomes the banker, there were arguments even across that. Barely had she moved her own figurine that to be honest not even gone past GO once. So instead she retired to sit it out and join Gwen.

-"Yeah, but if do that, that just defeats the object."

Harper sighed, "How did I sign up for this?"

Gwen snorted, the sound of her ring clinging against the glass as she rested it between her hands. "This is normal. As kids they were always competitive with each other."

Harper choked back laughter as she watched Violet discreetly snatch money from his pile for that moment James had his back turned.

"So how are you doing?" She asked, surprising Harper a little as she placed down her own glass of coke onto the side table. "I'm great. Honesty this past month had put me down, part of me wouldn't stop punishing myself but I'm getting there."

Gwen frowned lightly, "Harper as long as you know it wasn't your fault at all. That deranged man had kidnapped you and threatened your life over his unhealthy obsession of your friend. So never blame yourself sweetie. I'm just glad the verdict was guilty, now he won't be able to bother anyone ever."

Harper nodded, "Yeah, it's a relief."

It was silent for a moment until Gwen piped back up, "Harper...I actually want to apologise. For that arrangement between James and Eleanor, I beg not to know what it must have done to you, I do apologise." Harper shook her head, "Nonsense, Mrs Brewer. You only wanted what's best for him."

The ends of her lips gently tugged up as she replied, "Please, call me Gwen. Honey, you're a part of this family. And I do apologise sincerely but I am glad that it did push him to realise how special you really are to him."

Harper smiled in return, "Thank you." Before falling into another warm hug. As she pulled back, she glanced back over to James, her heart melting at the smile that fell upon his lips as he met her own.

She could wait. They both could.

Waving off his parents, it was only her, James and Violet left at the door. Violet turned raising her eyebrows, "Well, thanks for the evening."

"Thanks for paying your time to see your loving brother." James mockingly said.

Violet rolled her eyes playfully, "Of course. I better leave you two lovebirds alone."

"Na, you mean f**king soulmates." James smirked in return, pulling Harper closer to his side.

"I don't how you cope with him." Violet retorted.

"Me neither." Harper laughed.

James waved his Sister once more off until he muttered close enough for Harper to hear, smiling darkly to himself, "And how are you cope with your.....

You do the Math.

Thank you for reading. I do apologise if this chapter wasn't as good. I feel like I can only manage one chapter left, leaving chapter 65 as the epilogue. If you did, please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!

I hope you got my hints. ;)

As for the next update, looking at the end of next week as I will be really BUSY and I do need to focus more than ever so I will have to become inactive on Wattpad for next week.

Thank you,

VAMPIREFANGSRULES

XXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.5K 1.9K 12
Tziporah Summers relocates to Heartwood, Australia, where she's pulled into a murder investigation by an attractive, brilliant, yet socially awkward...
170K 4.5K 21
Kimberly thinks she has her life figured out,with her about to graduate from college. A small job on the side to take care of her expenses but what h...
22.2K 749 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...