The Runaway Teenager

Av Zazouxx

Being a teenager is the most amazing thing that can happen to someone. However , teenage years also have thei... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 15

79 9 0
Av Zazouxx

My lips formed a big 'O' after reading the slip of paper in which Mr. Collins just filled in with nasty remarks.

I turned to my right to take a look at my best friend. Britney was looking at the ground with no expression on her face.

"Brit ," I whispered and she immediately turned her head to look into my worried hazel eyes.

"Yeah I know , I just read that shit ," she said pointing to her own letter , with a disgusted face.

"She even mentioned your name in my letter !" I exclaimed with worry evident in my trembling voice.

"Wait what ?" She shouted and came closer to look at my letter.

She then gasped and I nodded my head upwards and downwards , comprehending her bewilderment.

"And on top of that , your mom has to sign that ," she stated and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Meaning she will now know that I still hang out with you. Oops ," I said and bit on my lower lip , avoiding any eye-contact with Britney.

"Oh sh*t !" She swore and placed her hand on her mouth instantly.

"I guess I'm gonna try to imitate her signat-"

"Oh no ! Don't imitate her signature , Alex ! Are you crazy or what ?!" Britney interrupted me and snapped loudly , gaining some pupils' attention in return.

Some of the several students who were present in the hallway stared at me as if I just grew another head. I tried to divert my gaze from their embarrassing stare and look at my best friend instead.

"Shhh , stop yelling , Brit ," I muttered as quietly as possible , but loud enough for her to hear me.

"Damn , I'm so sorry ," she apologized after looking at the few students and chewed on her lower lip in embarrassment.

"Hah , it's okay ," I replied and chuckled at her childish apology.

"Uh when should the paper be returned by the way ?" She asked and I shrugged as I really had no idea about it.

"Hmm how 'bout tonight ?" She suddenly asked and looked into my eyes pleadingly.

"How about tonight ?" I repeated her question with confusion lacing in my voice and a questionable look on my face.

"The f-fair ," she stammered and that was when reality hit me hard in the face.

"Damn , of course ! I'm still up for the fair ," I exclaimed in glee and smirked at my bewildered best friend.

"That's why we're best friends , babe ," she said and hugged me so tight that it made me choke.

"Meet me at the park at five thirty ," I stated confidently.

"Yes sir ," she said , imitating a soldier and laughed together with me.

The day flew by in an uneventful blur and I barely realized that we eventually reached the last period. It was Biology class and I made my way towards my classroom excitedly.

You must surely be wondering about my sudden excitement in going in class. Well , to be honest Biology is my favorite subject in school and I would neglect it for nothing in the world. Especially for that particular Wednesday where I had to do a presentation in class.

The project consisted on the respiratory system in general and I have been working on it for about four days.

I made my way in front of the class and began explaining about the different parts involved in the respiratory system. I then focused on their various functions and labeled more explanations on the white board about the topic.

I was done with the presentation in less than twenty minutes and once it was over , each and every student applauded for me and I smiled awkwardly at the abrupt applause.

The bell rang at three o'clock sharp and I hurried to the bus station to catch the bus. As my father was in the bakery and Ashton was out of town , I had no other choice than to take the bus.

I reached home in less than half an hour and I went directly into my room without grabbing anything to eat on the way. I was not hungry and considering all the homework which was still left to be done , I did not even dare to procrastinate.

I dug into my Math homework and completed the English grammar practices which were left.

By the time I finished all my homework , the clock indicated ten minutes to five and I quietly gasped at the short lapse of time in which I had to get ready.

Just when I was about to enter the bathroom , I heard a knock at my door.

"Who is it ?" I asked before opening the door which stood just in front of me.

"It's me ," my mother exclaimed from the other side and I opened the door instantly.

"How come you came early today ?" I asked her in shock.

"Dad remained at the bakery and I had to bring Samantha to the doctor today ," she explained.

"Another rendez-vous ?" I asked her and narrowed my eye-brows.

"Yes , the rendez-vous is at five thirty and I wanted to ask you whether you'll be accompanying us or not ," she muttered and I started panicking.

"Oh sorry but I have some -"

"Some project to work on again Alexa ?" She interrupted me and completed my sentence as she yelled in frustration.

"U-uh yeah ," I stuttered and she sighed loudly , leaving my room like a hurricane.

I tried not to bother my mind too much with my mother's reaction. After all , I was kind of used to her way of handling things and right at that moment , it did not affect me that much.

I scurried towards the bathroom to take a quick shower and I then began choosing an appropriate outfit to wear.

I chose a black pair of skinny jeans , which was my favorite and I matched it with a purple crop top. I then tied my hair in a high ponytail and hopped in my black ballerina afterwards.

After a ten-minute session of applying a small amount of make-up on my greasy face , I took a quick glance at myself on the plane mirror.

It was fifteen minutes past five and I was on my way to the park. As it was not that far away from my own house , I chose to walk instead of taking a vehicle.

"Heyyy doll !" A familiar voice shouted from behind me and I immediately turned around , recognizing the voice instantly.

"You're seven minutes early ," Britney stated and engulfed me in a teddy-bear hug at once. "What a miracle , you're not late !"

"Hah always so punctual you are !"

"Exactly !" She beamed and nodded in agreement.

"Where's your car ?" I asked and she pointed at a spot at the back of the parking lot. 

I then followed her and we pulled away from the parking area once we were properly seated in.

"To the pizzeria ," she stated and I just giggled like a child.

We reached our destination at six o'clock approximately and I was honestly starving.

We got out of the car once it was properly parked and I could already smell the odor of pizza which was engulfing the atmosphere and only the smell of it made my mouth water.

I made up my mind to buy the sweet-and-sour chicken flavored pizza as it was my favorite of all. Britney did not even dare to change the menu ordered because it was her favorite too.

"So what are you gonna do about your responsible party's signature ?" She asked , referring to the slip of paper which we received from Mr. Collins earlier.

"I have no absolute idea ," I replied and bit on my slice of pizza greedily.

"As for me , there's no real problem because my parents have no objections about you ," she stated and shrugged.

"Lucky you ," I said and pouted like a toddler.

After our scrumptious and marvelous dinner , we went directly into the fair.

***

The place was overcrowded and the temperature was high , very high. To say I was feeling suffocated would be an understatement.

"Oh em geee ! There's a cotton-candy seller ," Britney exclaimed and her eyes twinkled while she was pointing towards the seller.

"Damn , let's go !" I replied excitedly and hopped behind her in anticipation.

My best friend bought a blue cotton-candy and I ended up buying a purple one because Britney told me that it would match perfectly with my outfit.

After passing next to various stalls selling different kinds of merchandise , we came to a young lady who was currently selling chains and bracelets.

Britney bought a bracelet for me and I bought her one in return. While on my bracelet was written 'best' , the word 'friends' was scribbled on hers. I wore mine proudly and we walked through the fair , enjoying the music which was blasting through the speakers and chatting uncontrollably throughout the stroll.

"Who do you think you are ?" A masculine voice asked harassingly behind my best friend and I.

We turned around at once only to see that this masculine voice came from Nathan. What the even heck was he doing here ? Why was he so damned angry at Britney ? Haven't they break up already !?

All my confused and endless questions stopped instantly when Britney moved from her spot and walked towards her ex-boyfriend. 

"Who do you think you are , huh ?" She asked and placed both of her hands on her hips menacingly.

"Calm down , b*tch. You know exactly who I am ," Nathan snapped at Britney and came closer to her.

I felt like doing something. I wanted so badly to go there and defend Britney. I wanted to be there for her at that very hectic instant. But I could not. I felt as if both of my legs were glued to the ground and I could sense a feeling of guilt in my soul.

"How did you just call me ?" Brit asked in a high-pitched voice and spat at Nathan while poking his chest with her index finger repetitively in anger.

Instead of replying Britney , Nathan approached her with heavy and loud steps and stared at her as if she was pregnant with Gandhi's baby.

He then pulled his hands from his pockets and slapped Britney. Wait what !?

Damn.

What the hell just happened ?

I ran to Britney instantly and pulled her in an abrupt and tight hug. The latter was in shock and she began sobbing. I always lent my shoulder for her to cry on and on that particular Wednesday evening , she did it.

"Shhh babe , he is a jerk. He is a really nasty and pitiful bastard ," I whispered in her ears and hugged her more.

A few seconds of more sobbing and hushing later , I pulled away from the hug and glared at the figure in front of me. Nathan was just a fee meters behind and I so badly wanted to kill him right at that particular instant.

"Hey you !" I yelled and Brit tried to pull me away but to no avail.

"What do you want now ?" Nathan exclaimed but stayed still in his place.

"What's wrong with you ? Why did you slap her !?" I asked angrily with gritted teeth.

"This is none of your damned business , girl !" He yelled and walked away like an imp. Oh wait , he was an imp !

I was going to run after him but Britney begged me to remain calm and still. I decided not to go against her decision as I did not want to aggravate her state of mind with more worries.

Britney then left me home and I was lucky enough for not being noticed by my mother. Our little meet-over did bot quite turn out the way we wanted it to , and again I was feeling guilty about it.

"Alexa , I found this paper while cleaning your desk ," my mother said once I entered home , pointing to the letter I received earlier from Mr. Collins.

I started to panic and my hands began to sweat.
Dear Alexa , you're screwed...

💘💘💘

Damn , what a late update ! XD Well yeah from now on , you'll have to get used to it because school has just resumed today and it's way more hectic that I'd imagined :( Anyways , I won't be updating that frequently and I'm sorry -,- 🙊

Don't be a silent reader and tell me your thoughts on my story 😁 Thank you all for reading and voting xx It really means a lot to me ❤️ I love you !

💘💘💘

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

129K 8.6K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
4.1K 1.3K 200
Hey, y'all! Welcome to Awesome Short Stories! Enjoy reading them, as they will feature me, my Wattpad friends and family, and plenty of fictional cha...
309K 10.8K 36
"Losing yourself is the easy part, it's finding yourself again that's hard." *** Hollywood. When you think of the word, you think of glitz, glam, an...
9.2K 107 22
She moves. A new town and new experiences. Boys... well she doesn't have ANY EXPERIENCE. New people. New friends and she gets to see everyone's true...