Saving the Monster

By siriususs

Elena Gilbert is the well-known doppelganger in Mystic Falls. As far as everybody knows, she's the only livin... More

Saving The Monster
2- Moving In
3-Something Unpleasant
5 - Uncover

4 - Lingering Presence

226 4 0
By siriususs

This book is based and inspired by The Vampire Diaries.

All rights go to The Vampire Diaries television show on the CW, Lisa Jane Smith (the author), Julie Plec and other producers of the show; except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

-Zayn Malik

Chapter Four - Lingering Presence

"Don't you think Alaric was acting weird today?" I asked bluntly while pushing my tray to the right as the line moved.

"No. Not at all. Why would you think that?" Caroline asked beside me as she did the same.

I shrugged. "I don't know...." I trailed off. "He just kept glancing at me and Elena, the whole period. It's weird...."

Yes. It is weird.

FLASHBACK

Before I could even answer Elena's question, Alaric walked in to the room as usual, carrying his thick heavy books with him. Everyone went back and settled down on their seats as Alaric settled down his textbooks after greeting a fine morning.

Alaric Saltzman, is our history teacher and our aunt's boyfriend. But right now, i think they had a fight of some sort seeing as that Jenna's been staying on campus and I haven't seen them together lately.

"Okay, what are learning today..." he trailed off while flipping through the pages of the book he was carrying a while ago. I sighed and placed my chin on top of my hand, while my elbows rested on top of my desk. School is so boring.

"Our lesson is covered by the sixties." some random girl in front said, making his head snap towards her.

"Right. The sixties." Then I saw him look up and scan the room with his eyes, probably to check who's paying attention and who's not. I saw his eyes land on Elena. It's not surprising that he'll easily see Elena, since she's practically sitting right in the middle of the room. Then his gaze fell on to me.

I also looked at him and slightly raised a questioning brow. What is Alaric looking at? Why is he looking at me that way? I'm paying attention! See?

He quickly looked away and cleared his throat as he diverted his eyes to the other side of the room. "I wish I could say something great about the sixties. But, well, it kinda suck."

end of flashback

"And how did that make Alaric weird? Its natural. He's probably just checking if you two were okay." Caroline said as she took the juice she ordered from the lady.

I frowned. "Why would he think that?"

Caroline stopped for a moment, and her eyes widened a bit, as if she realized something she did that was she clearly not supposed to do or say.  "Uh, I don't know? Just thought about it. Anyway, are you going to the dance tonight?" She asked, changing the topic.

I sighed. "Not sure." I answered before picking up my tray as we started walking back to our table where Elena and Bonnie are seated. I saw a girl, I recognized her face, a classmate from our history class, she was standing at our table and was talking to Elena and Bonnie.

"Tell him she has a boyfriend. And her sister is off limits." I heard Bonnie tell the girl. It was kind of loud that I actually heard it.

I saw the girl's mouth move as if she was saying something while grinning. Then left before we even reached our table.

"What was that about?" Caroline asked the question that was in my mind, as we took our seats.

Bonnie and Elena shared a look then glanced at Caroline before finally glancing at me. Elena shrugged. "It was nothing."

"Oh really?" I asked, purposely making my tone imply that I don't believe her and raised a brow.

Bonnie saved Elena from me when she spoke up, transferring my attention on her. "Someone was asking if You and Elena are going to the dance and if possible, can he be your last dance."

"What? Seriously? Why did you turn him down?" Caroline asked in dismay before sipping from her juice.

Bonnie shrugged. "Elena already has a boyfriend, you know."

"But I don't." I grinned. "He might've been the one." I told them bluntly before taking a bite from my sandwich.

"Well, did you get his name?" Caroline asked for me.

Elena furiously shook her head. "No. H-he didn't give his name." She said and looked down at her salad.

I raised an eyebrow. She's lying.

"Yeah. That's also one of the reasons why we turned him down. He's mysterious. For all we know he maybe just an old pervert wanting to score on younger girls." Bonnie nodded her head and looked at me straight in the eye. I don't know, but Bonnie sure is an excellent liar.

"But also, he could be some hot guy just wanting to get to know pretty girls and fall in love with them." Caroline contradicted.

I glanced at Elena. She doesn't look me in the eye.

I shook my head and shrugged. "Guess we'll find about him later." I smiled.

-

"Do you really need to go?"

I turned around to see Damon standing in the doorway, leaning against the door frame with his hand crossed over his shoulders.

"Do you really need to ask?" I raised an eyebrow and smiled.

"I know you dont like parties." He said as he walked inside the room.

"Oh what do you know about me, Damon" I scoffed. "You were always about elena this, elena that." I chuckled as I turned back around to face the mirror.

I wore a purple hippie dress that hugs my waist perfectly, matching with a pair of oversized dangling round earings to matchbthe hippie look, with my hair tied upwards. I've done my make up and with just some little bit of lipstick, im ready to go.

"Say, im going to give this to you."

I turned to look at Damon. He was already walking towards me while holding a round object in his hand. It was a bracelet.

"What for?" I asked as he stopped a few meters infront of me.

"Just a gift."

I raised a brow. "This isn't some kind of bribe, right? I'm not doing anything for you." I quickly said.  I wouldn't want that.

"Pfft, what am I? A loan shark?" He chuckled. "Its nothing like that."

He grabbed my hand and pulled it gently towards him. He gently placed the bracelet around my left wrist. The bracelet was kind of old looking but it never took away its beauty. The little gems stil shone as if it were brand new. And it fits my outfit.

I held it up. "Well, thanks." I said as I smiled while staring at it, admiring the bracelet. "Its beautiful."

"Yes. Gorgeous, actually." I heard him say.

I looked at him. He was staring at me. Those icy blue orbs staring into my brown ones. We were hust there staring at each other. He was looking at me for quite a while, and intently at that, that I started to feel uncomfortable.

I coughed. "So, I think I better get going. We dont wanna be late." I chuckled as I turned around.

But I was startled when he suddenly took my hand and pulled me back facing towards him. We ended up just a few inches away now, our faces so close that I can smell his breath. Damn it. Why does it smell so good.

Oh no..this thing again.

My heart's racing.

Gotta put some space between us.

I quickly placed my hands on his chest and lightly pushed him. "What do you think you're doing?"

He ignored my question and instead was inching closer to me.

"Damon, you're being creepy."

And awfully handsome.

As if he didnt hear what I said and my strenght was nothing, he kept inching closer. I could feel my heartbeat beating furiously.

His face is inching closer and closer. And any wrong move, our lips are gonna touch.

Damn it!

"Damon.." I whispered.

"I said you're being creepy!" I yelled as I kicked his leg.

He groaned as he bend down and jumped to aid his leg. "Ow, what did you do that for?" He looked at me and frowned. "That wasn't necessaryy"

I scowled at him. "Then stop being creepy, idiot."

He stood up straight. Guess that didnt hurt him as much as I thought it would be. He quickly recovered. "I was just going to give you this." He said as he raised his hand and showed me another jewelry. A necklace.

I raised an eyebrow. "Another gift from you? I certainly dont need it." I said as I crossed my arm over my chest.

He chuckled. "Its actually from bonnie."

Ah, stupid me.

I felt my cheeks burning up, probably red from embarassment.

"Well, give it to me." I quickly snatched it from his hands and turned around,hiding my face.

I heard him snicker.

"Go away, Damon."

-

"Who told you you could come?"

"Heh i'm your chaperone this evening, my lady."

Damon grinned at me as he grabbed my hand while we talk towards the entrance of gym where the decade dance is being held. Looks like the party already started a few minutes ago seeing as that there are already a lot of people outside and its already pretty noisy inside, but we're not too late.

"Dont hold my hand in public, Damon." I said as I pulled my hand from his.

"Does that mean I can hold it when its just the two of us then?" He smirked.

I frowned. "No. Not ever." I said as I raised an eyebrow. "Dont ever do that or else everybody's gonna think i'm in some kind of relationship with an old dude."

I heard stefan and elena cough as I saw Damon's smirk turn to a scowl. I turned to them. They were both trying to surpress their laughs.

"Hey Im not that old, you know." Damon countered.

Before I could reply, Stefan spoke with an amused tone in his voice. "Really, Damon?"

Elena chuckled. Both she and Stefan had an amused meaningful look on their faces.

Am I missing something?

But our conversation was cut shortly as we finally arrived inside the place. It was full of people, dancing and some grinding with each other. The music was blasting all through out the place and the mood as great.

"Well, seems like we arrived just in time." I said as we made our way over through the crowd.

"Stay close." Damon said as he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.

"Hey-" I didnt get to finish my sentence when Dana, one of our classmate, spoke through the mic. "Thanks for being here everybody." She said gleefully. She was standing at the center of the stage with a huge grin on her face.

"We have a special shoutout tonight." She looked at me. I raised an eyebrow. "This is for Emily."

"From Klaus."

-end of chapter four

A/N: BOOM! And after centuries of not updating, I finally have something to upload. Hopee you liked this chapterr!

PLUG!!!! Go check out my other two storiesss PETROVA SISTER  and CALLOUS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 410 37
Everyone knows the story of Elena Gilbert what people didn't know is that she has a younger twin sister name Alexandra. The Gilbert sisters have alwa...
41.1K 696 19
Elena Gilbert falls deeply in love with Stefan Salvatore who has a brother named Damon but both brothers have a secret they are both vampires. Elena...
31.2K 376 36
As Klaus was coming to Mystic Falls for the thing he wanted most Elena Gilbert, the doppelgänger. The one thing that will unlock his curse to become...