My Quiet Mate

By Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... More

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Chapter 16: The Change
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 20: Brothers
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 25: Surprise!!
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf

57.7K 2.3K 628
By Star-Fly18

Ok so this is what Cooper looks like but he has a few more scars! It may be a bit graphic so be aware.

Devon's POV

The sound of the strange wolfs howl was still echoing through the house as Quinn let out a tired sigh and slowly stood up from behind me. He stood but kept a firm hold on me like he was going to fall any second and I keep a close eye on him. I didn't know this Cooper and I didn't trust him as of right now. Quinn buried his face into my fur and mumbled cutely.

"I should go out before he has a hissy fit," he mumbled.

I gave a short growl at that. Just who did this guy think he was, making Quinn worry like that. I looked to Quinn and he met my eyes.

"You can come too if you want. He isn't going to do anything to me. Just let me talk to him though, he is a very good fighter and I don't want you to get hurt."

I scoffed internally at that; there was no way in hell that this newcomer could hurt me. I was an Alpha for a reason. I just huffed in agreement to his proposal to accompanying him and Quinn released his hold on me.

Quinn started to head out of the room and I followed closely to his side with the pack following. With Quinn leading we eventually found our way to the back door and he opened the door, letting in the fresh air. I stepped into the porch and saw no one in the yard and with a sniff I could smell no one either. I tensed up at this. If I could hear his howl then I should be able to smell him.

Quinn seemed to notice that I was tense and rubbed my head softly and succeeded in calming me down slightly.

"Wait here please," he told me. I looked at him, unsure, but stayed on the porch. I trusted him and if this Cooper decided to do anything the pack and I were only a few yards away.

Quinn stepped into the grass and walked a little ways away looking for his friend.

"Cooper," he called out. There was no sound "Cooper!" he tried again. "Coop-," out of the corner of my eye I saw a blur run up to my mate and sweep him up. I was prepared to give chase but relaxed slightly when the person didn't run but just swung my mate around while still holding him.

I was growling and jealous. Only I could hug my mate!

"Q! I finally found you! You had me worried, I thought I was going to have to get the swat team and the helicopters after you!" the man said in a playful but serious voice.

"Because you just have a swat team and helicopters at your disposal," Quinn said sarcastically, which surprised me because I haven't yet heard him be sarcastic. "I'm fine Coop," he assured the man that was still holding him.

The man gave my mate one last light hug before placing him back on his feet. He looked over to the porch to see us watching intently. The pack was silent and I was fuming. If looks could kill he would be three feet under.

"Whoa," he said cockily with his hands on his hips, "who kicked their puppy?" he whispered to my mate, but he knew we could still hear.

This wolf was strange. He seemed to act like a pup but he could be no younger then eighty. He had scars marring the left side of his face and he has short blond hair. He seemed goofy but he also had a dangerous air about him.

            "I think you did," My told him with a small smile making me even more jealous. That smile belonged to me! UGH!

"Well they deserved it," Cooper said pouting with has arms crossed, "they took my Quinny from me and didn't tell me!"

Quinny? QUINNY?!? He even had a nickname for MY mate. I was going to strangle this man when I got my hands on him

"What are you, my secretary?" Quinn asked Cooper with a laugh.

"Yes Mr. Price, I am your ever working secretary," he said in a nasally voice while pretending to push glasses up the bridge of his nose. What a weirdo.

Quinn laughed loudly, not helping at all with my intense jealousy problem, but sobered up after a minute and looked at his friend seriously, "I would like to introduce you to them if you don't mind Cooper. They are werewolf's also," Quinn told Cooper.

Coopers eyes widened slightly, "There were no werewolf's here as of last month, I wonder why they are here now. Probably to get a glimpse at the stunning me!"

"As if," Asher mumbled as annoyed as me.

"Maybe," Quinn said mockingly, "but seriously, be nice. They saved my life already and they are all very nice."

Cooper let out a long exaggerated sigh. "Fine, I'll be nice, but only because you asked me to."

Quinn smiled at Cooper (ugh) and motioned for the pack to come over. I jumped off the porch and hustled over to Quinn and Cooper but Cooper pushed Quinn behind him protectively.

I growled at him, how dare he try to keep me away from my mate! He was SO gonna get it! Quinn smacked Coopers arm and removed himself from behind him.

"Knock it off, it's only Asher," Quinn said annoyed as he moved to stand next to me. Quinn introduced Cooper to all of us and after he was done Cooper gave a small wave and looked to me.

"So why is Quinn here?" he asked me, "and why is your pack here? Not that you can be here just why did you choose now to move in?"

"Stephanie, if you please," I asked through the link.

"We moved in here because the last place we were in was too small so we decided to move back into here. As for why Quinn has remained here I think he should be the one to tell you," she said after I asked her to.

"Ugh, ich habe nur gerade herausgefunden," Quinn grumbled lowly. I looked up to him confused, not this again.

"Ach komm, können Sie mir sagen. Ich bin dein bester Freund, ich glaube nicht, es wird mir verscheuchen," Cooper answered quickly.

I was surprised. Cooper knew what Quinn was saying apparently. Quinn looked to me and with a small chuckle he went back to talking with Cooper.

"Ich heute nur foufn dass ich Asher Kollege," (I just found out today that I am Asher's mate) Quinn said in a proud voice. I caught my name but the rest? Nada.

"Kamerad!" Cooper almost shouted with excitement, "Sind Sie im Ernst? Oh, die eines Tages, dass ich nicht zu bringen mein Schlag Horn bei mir ist der Tag, den Sie Ihrem Partner zu finden! Warte ab."

After he finished his mini rant he shuffled through his pockets for a second. His eyes light up, and to my utter surprise he pulls out a small can of confetti and starts throwing it on Quinn's head while sing a song in German and dancing around him.

            I was so lost. What was going on with this guy? Quinn was just laughing his head off though.

After he finished with his song and strange dance he looks to Quinn in happiness. "You can finally get away from them!" he says.

Quinn's smile drops a little, "I guess," he mumbles.

"Hell yah he is going to get away from those bastards that beat him!" I yelled in my head.

Sensing Quinn's slight mood shift I leaned against him to let him know it would be ok. He pets my head and seemed to perk up.

I look over to Cooper to see Owen, my Deltas, slowly approaching Cooper and sniffing him slightly. His eyes widen and he touches his nose to Coopers leg. Cooper lets out a gasp of surprise and spins around. Owen shifts back quickly into human form, naked I might add, but he is focused on Cooper.

"Mate," he whispers and he has his eyes locked on the strange wolf.

Cooper seemed nervous and did something I was totally not expecting. He throws more of his confetti over Owen with a small 'Wooo'.

Translations: (Ugh, I only just found out) (Oh come on, you can tell me. I am your best friend, I don't think it will scare me away) (I just found out today that I am Asher's mate) (Mate! Are you serious? Oh, the one day that I don't bring my blow horn with me is the day you find your mate! Wait)

Surprise! Coopers POV

I ran through the forest that I knew so well at a very high speed and for a good reason. I was tracking Quinn, my only friend. I about lost my mind when I found out he was missing. There was no way he would run away without telling me and I couldn't smell him at his house so something must have happened to him while he was going to his cottage.

I had caught his sent and the sent of other wolfs but that wasn't right. There are no other wolfs in this forest, and no packs in the area could have moved here so quickly. As I ran I kept my eyes focused forward. Well, eye. I had lost one in a fight with a hunter when I was very young. I had lost my left eye and still had pretty bad scars on my face to show for it.

Oh well. I proved everyone wrong who doubted me and that was all that mattered to me. I kept running in my wolf form, which was not as big as other wolfs and a strange color. I was a light brown, almost blond, bit I had no problem camouflaging myself.

Quinn's sent got stronger and I picked up my pace. He was close and I wanted to make sure he was ok. I burst through some particularly dense bushed and found myself behind a house that I never knew was even here.

Quinn was defiantly in here but I smelled other wolfs, so I couldn't just go running in there. I would have to draw them out, because it was very likely that they somehow got a hold of Quinn and were holding him hostage.

My wolf Finn spoke quietly, as if he was going to be over heard, "You don't think they found out about him, do you?" he asked.

"I don't know. I will have to ask them as I'm killing them," I answered back.

He seemed ok with that and I quickly come up with a plan. I let out a loud howl and slunk into the bushes to wait. I had no doubt that they would come out to investigate; I would just have to time it right. I shifted into my human and put on the clothes that I had tied around my leg and waited.

I heard footsteps approaching the door I was watching and to my amazement it was Quinn who opened the door. We was followed by who looked to be the Alpha and then the rest of the pack. They sat on the porch and scanned the areas for me, but I knew they wouldn't see me.

The Alpha tensed up as he looked and to my shock Quinn reached down and started stroking his head softly and that seemed to calm him down. What the hell? Quinn spoke to the Alpha and the Alpha seemed unsure but he seemed to agree.

Quinn made his way to the backyard alone and continued to look for me. I was curious about these wolfs so I decided to stick around a little longer to see what was going on.

"Cooper," he called out. I kept still and waited.  "Cooper!" he tried again. "Coop-," I chose then to act. I darted out of the bushes and wrapped Quinn up in my arms as I swung him around. I was being a little extravagant but hey, I was worried about him.

"Q! I finally found you! You had me worried, I thought I was going to have to get the swat team and the helicopters after you!" I joked with him in a playful but serious voice.

"Because you just have a swat team and helicopters at your disposal," Quinn said in his usual sarcastic voice. "I'm fine Coop," he assured me.

Giving Quinn one last light squeeze I set him back on his feet and looked back to the wolfs who all looked angry with me, especially the Alpha. I smirked internally. I was going to mess with them a little.

"Whoa," I said cockily with my hands on my hips, "who kicked their puppy?" I whispered to Quinn but I knew the pack could hear.

            "I think you did," Quinn told me with a small smile.

"Well they deserved it," I said pouting with my arms crossed, "they took my Quinny from me and didn't tell me!"

"What are you, my secretary?" Quinn asked me with a small laugh.

"Yes Mr. Price, I am your ever working secretary," I told him in a nasally voice while pretending to push glasses up the bridge of my nose. I'm such a weirdo.

Quinn laughed loudly but looked at me seriously after a minute, "I would like to introduce you to them if you don't mind Cooper. They are werewolf's also," Quinn told me.

My eyes widened slightly in fake shock, "There were no werewolf's here as of last month, I wonder why they are here now. Probably to get a glimpse at the stunning me!" I said still teasing.

"Maybe," Quinn said mockingly, "but seriously, be nice. They saved my life already and they are all very nice."

I let out a long exaggerated sigh and threw my head back, "Fine, I'll be nice, but only because you asked me to."

Smiling at me Quinn motioned for the pack to come over. The Alpha was quickly making his was over to us and me being weary of him still, pushed Quinn behind me so I could protect him if needed. The Alpha growled at me and Quinn smacked my arm lightly.

"Knock it off, it's only Asher," Quinn said annoyed as he moved to stand next to the large wolf with no fear what so ever. Quinn introduced me to the pack and I gave a small wave

I looked to the Alpha as I asked the question that was on my mind, "so why is Quinn here, and why is your pack here? Not that you can be here just why did you choose now to move in?"

To my surprise it wasn't the Alpha that answered but a human girl that seemed to be a part of the pack. "We moved in here because the last place we were in was too small so we decided to move back into here. As for why Quinn has remained here I think he should be the one to tell you," she told me.

"Ugh, ich habe nur gerade herausgefunden," (Ugh, I only just found out)  Quinn grumbled lowly. He was speaking German again, a sign that he was annoyed, but I spoke German too fortunately.

"Ach komm, können Sie mir sagen. Ich bin dein bester Freund, ich glaube nicht, es wird mir verscheuchen," (Oh come on, you can tell me. I am your best friend, I don't think it will scare me away) I answered him quickly and fluently.

The pack seemed surprised but Quinn only chuckled at them before continuing.

"Ich heute nur foufn dass ich Asher Kollege," (I just found out today that I am Asher's mate) Quinn said in a proud voice.

"Kamerad!" Cooper almost shouted with excitement, "Sind Sie im Ernst? Oh, die eines Tages, dass ich nicht zu bringen mein Schlag Horn bei mir ist der Tag, den Sie Ihrem Partner zu finden! Warte ab," (Mate! Are you serious? Oh, the one day that I don't bring my blow horn with me is the day you find your mate! Wait), I shoved my hands into my pockets and when they came into contact with a small container my eyes lit up. I pulled out my can of confetti and started throwing it all over Quinn in joy. Being my usual weird self I also was jumping around him and singing a German marriage song.

Once I finished with my song I looked to Quinn in happiness. "You can finally get away from them!" I tell him.

Quinn's smile drops a little, "I guess," he mumbles.

The Alpha, Quinn's mate, leans into Quinn and Quinn seems to perk up and he pets his mates head lovingly.

I was so focused on Quinn that when something cold and wet pokes the back of my leg I gasp in surprise and spin around. There standing behind me is a stunning ginger colored wolf with amazing eyes that seemed to glow. The man shifts into a human and looks at me with amazement. I have to force myself to not check him out and watch him in curiosity.

There is something about him that is drawing me in but I stay frozen.

"Mate," the man whispers as my wolf says it at the same time.

"Well shit," I said nervously.

"Well don't just stand there!" My wolf shouted, "Do something."

Me, not being very good at this mushy gooey stuff did what I did best.

Make a fool of myself.

I got a little handful of my confetti and threw it over my mates head with a nervous little 'wooo."

Wooo, got some of Cooper POV in there. Should I do more Cooper POV in the story? If I did it wouldn't be as frequent as Quinn and Devon POV but whatevs. Vote and comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 729 51
The Badger Series (Book 3) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Denver Badger is a sixteen year old werewolf, who was supposed to be an Alpha, b...
709K 20.1K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
532K 19.8K 26
"I don't understand what you're talking about" I gulped, backing away from the large, and I have to admit extremely sexy, man. "Oh baby, you're so ad...
888K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...