Come...Fall In Love!

By hemisha

Kathy would always tell herself, "An arranged marriage is not something I'd ever settle for. I believe in lov... More

Introduction
1: It all began here
2: Celebrate!
3: Miss over-confident!
4: Trying to break the ice!
5: Holi celebrations!
6: Hurt
7: A day of horror
8: Unexpected turn of events
9: The wedding
10: New life, new beginning?
11: Going back home
12: Learning about each other
14: Goa it is!
15: Adventurous road journey
16: Honeymoon
17: Oops, he messed it
18: Sweet Distance
19: Book of memories
20: Worrying, caring and ditching
21: Happy birthday!
22: He drops the Bomb!
23: I'll look after you
24: A Heart to Heart
25. Is that Jealousy?
26. Solving the Mystery
27: Diwali
28: Just him & her
29: Here I'm
30: Lonavala- I
31. Lonavala- II
32: New Year
33: Tense moments
34: Tests
35: Uh-ah
36: What did I do?
37: Silent suffering
38: Is it the end?!
39: A year later...
40: Epilogue
Announcement
41) It Is Back...

13: Conspiracy?

18.9K 701 6
By hemisha

Chapter 13: 

"Good morning Mr. Shenoy!" Kathy smiled at Ronnie while serving breakfast to his parents. Ronnie looked at her and nodded his head as he made his way towards the dining table and sat down on a chair after his work out. 

"Smells nice!" he said as he placed some Medu Wadas from the bowl on to his plate. Kathy served him some Chutney and a bowl of Sambhar and smiled at him. 

"Good morning Ronnie!" his mother said but he ignored her, like always. She looked at his son with sad eyes but kept quiet. Kathy saw this and she felt bad for them. 

"I'll get some juice from the kitchen!" Kathy said and went to the kitchen. 

"So Ronnie, are you happy with her?" his mother tried once again, this time getting his attention. 

"Why do you even care? Just mind your own business!" he snapped. 

"She's your mother, show some respect!" his dad told him, making him even more furious. 

"Respect?" he laughed without any humor to it. "You really think I'll do that? You have got to be kidding me, Mr. Shenoy! I hope we don't have to talk much for the two days that you are here or I don't know how I will control myself from snapping at you two! I hope you both leave this place soon!" Ronnie told them and started eating his food silently but he couldn't just insult his parents and act like it was nothing. Kathy heard this and was really pissed with Ronnie's attitude. 

"Mr. Shenoy, why do you always have act like a prick? They are your parents for god’s sake. You can't just insult them like this; I want you to apologize!" Kathy said trying to stay as calm as possible. 

"Ms. Dutta you stay out of this. I've not given you any right to talk on this!" Ronnie replied. 

"Will you just stop acting like a jerk and apologize?" she asked again but Ronnie ignored her this time. There was no way that she could get a reaction out of him on this matter. 

"You know what; I think you're a loser, a big loser! You don't have a heart and you can never respect anyone! Hell, you don't even respect your parents! You are such a pain in the arse!" Kathy yelled making him growl. 

"I've had enough of your lecture! Stop interfering in my business and I want you to stay out of it! Do you hear that? Stay. Out. Of. This! And don't you dare act like this; who do you think you are to give me orders like that? What makes you think that I'll tolerate your nonsense? Just because I'm nice with you does not mean that I'll always be nice, do you get that!" he spat with venom and got up from his chair. 

"I'm married to you now and it is my business if you don't get that!" Kathy said, stopping him from going anywhere. He turned around and glared at her. 

"Okay, enough you two! Kathy, please finish with your work and help me with this charity work only for today, my helper's ditched me last minute!" Mrs. Shenoy said trying to stop the fight and Kathy looked away from Ronnie and looked at Mrs. Shenoy, her eyes softening. 

"Okay, I'll help you this one time!" she said with a smile and walked into the kitchen. 

Ronnie walked out of the dining room, got ready and left for office in no time. He was in a very bad mood and his employees would surely face the music. He just wanted to drown himself in the pool of work, like always. 

Meanwhile, his parents were up to something while Kathy was busy cleaning dishes. 

"I feel like Kathy is really the one for him. I know the circumstances in which they got married but now I think she is really the right girl for him! I miss my son and I know that neglecting him when he needed us the most is a big mistake that we made. I agree we were wrong but I can't see him like this! He acts so indifferent, so lifeless and it pains me to see him that way." Mrs. Shenoy started. She got a bit emotional. 

"I've seen that change when he is around her. I have seen how easily she brings some kind of reaction out of him. I think, he needs her, I know he does not realize this and he'll never accept this ever! But she is the one who can do that, who can change him. We should do something to cement this distance between them!" Mr. Shenoy said. 

"It was funny seeing them fight. I really want my son back, honey; I want him back!" she said, her voice cracked in the end. 

"We should send them on a honeymoon!" Mr. Shenoy suddenly said and both the ladies gave him a confused look.

"Mrs. Patel, how are you?" Mrs. Shenoy greeted the lady that looked after their son, all her life. 

"I'm good madam! What's going on?" she smiled. 

"Mrs. Patel, do you like Kathy for our Ronnie?" Mrs. Shenoy asked her. 

"Kathy is a sweet girl, I see the ways she lightens the room by her presence. I like the bubbliness, the playfulness, mischievous nature of our little Kathy, very much! I can sometimes see emotions cross Ronnie's otherwise blank face!" Mrs. Patel replied. 

"We are thinking of sending the newlyweds on a honeymoon! What do you think about this?" Mr. Shenoy asked. 

"But I'm afraid that he'll decline that offer. I mean we know him, right?" Mrs. Patel said, doubting their idea.

“He won’t listen to us, you know that right?” Mrs. Shenoy agreed with Mrs. Patel.

“But he’ll definitely listen to Kathy’s parents!” he said with an evil smile. They now understood his meaning and smiled at him. 

"Mrs. Shenoy, I'm ready! Let's go now!" Kathy said coming out of her room and others stopped talking as soon as they heard her voice. 

"How are you Mrs. Patel? I did not know that you were here!" Kathy smiled when she saw that she was sitting there. 

"I'm good dear! I just came around to help you out, but I don't think I'm needed here anymore!" Mrs. Patel smiled. 

"Oh no, of course I need you, I can often get lazy, you see? Please feel comfortable and you’ve to try out this!" Kathy smiled at her and served her the breakfast that she’d made for everyone.

"Honey, I'll be back by 6-7! Are you going to meet those clients? Mrs. Shenoy asked her husband. 

"Yes, I'm going there. I should be back around the same time as you two!" he smiled as he kissed his wife. 

Kathy left with her mother-in-law and they went to the same orphanage where Kathy had first met her. She looked around her saw a few children playing on the ground, a few just sitting calmly. There was one kid in the corner who was crying and probably complaining about something. She helped her mother-in-law with the distribution of a few stuff amongst kids, they went in the office and looked at the progress and working of the organization, they studied a few about a few things and asked them to modify a few. 

Ronnie on the other hand was busy and really frustrated. He could hardly concentrate on what was going on in the office. He was trying to channelize his anger in to something constructive but he was failing every time. He could not understand why though, her words had affected him and this made him restless. He really had enjoyed with her the last day but now he was beyond pissed. All because of parents! He thought and got back to his work.

It was around eleven in the night when Ronnie returned home. He quietly walked into the living room and was about to go towards his bedroom when he heard a voice. He walked towards the source, which was on one of the couches in the living room. He took out the cell phone used the phone lights to see who that was. He saw that Kathy was fast asleep on the couch and her hand had hit the small table in front of the sofa. He gently took her hand away from the table and placed it on top of her stomach. He heard her mumble something in her sleep but when he got close, she was quiet and just then she opened her eyes to see Ronnie standing close to her face. Her eyes widened when she realized that it was Ronnie and Ronnie jumped away from her almost in an instant. 

"So you're back, Mr. Shenoy! You could have at least informed me that it would get so late tonight! I've never seen you work this late in 3months that I worked there!" Kathy went on; Ronnie clenched his fingers and took deep breaths, trying to calm him. 

"You don't need to stay awake for me!" Ronnie said as calmly as he could. 

"Yeah, I get that!" she said dropping the subject entirely and walked to the dining room and served him food. He came back in fresh pair of clothes and sat down for dinner. They both sat in complete silence and finished eating. Ronnie helped her clean the dishes and then both walked in to Ronnie's room. 

"Good night Mr. Shenoy!" she said and went to sleep. 

"Night to you too!" he said.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* 

"You're going to Paris!" Kathy's cousin Neha squealed while having lunch. Shenoy family was invited over lunch the following day and both Kathy and Ronnie were happy to go there. 

"Huh?" Kathy asked Neha, wondering what these were now people up to. 

"You're going to Paris for your honeymoon!" she said happily. Ronnie choked on his food and Kathy spat the water that was in her mouth. 

"Geez... look at you both! Stop acting like you're shocked. It was obvious that you were going on a honeymoon!" she stated as Ronnie and Kathy exchanged a helpless look.

"Yeah, I hope you two have a great time!" Kathy's dad said. 

"I'm sure they'll enjoy being there, after all it is the most romantic place!" her mom added. 

"We should have been the one to plan all this, but you beat us to this!" Mr. Shenoy said, grinning ear to ear.  

"When do we have to go?" Ronnie asked, looking at Kathy with a scared expression.  

"You're leaving tomorrow!" her parents replied and their jaws hit the ground.

This was the last thing they expected!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG!!! The book has crossed 1900 reads. Thank you guys, thank you so much! Please keep Voting and Commenting! Fan me and Share this story if you like it?!

 Thanks for reading!

-Hemii :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 5.8K 52
American man-Indian girl Arranged marriage love story Story in single line: Not a love marriage but love after marriage Anu's a girl who'd never bee...
18.9K 759 27
"I never knew love can be this beautiful until you arrived in my life" ...
222K 7.4K 62
A story of two people who just hate eachother but destiny have some other plans for them Let's see what happened between them will they unite or fal...
1.3M 57.8K 54
She heard that Marriages are "MADE IN HEAVEN". But she never thought she would end up having an ARRANGE MARRIAGE. And he NEVER wanted to marry. She b...