The Consequences of Hell Week...

By limitlessopportunity

"Let's be clear. This isn't a fairytale, I am no princess, and I am definitely not your princess" and with t... More

Chapter 1: Hell Week Begins
Chapter 2: There's No Hiding From Them
Chapter 3: Races and Revelations
Chapter 4: Confrontations
Chapter 5: Shock to the System
Chapter 6: Bad Calls
Chapter 7: Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 8: The Gala
Chapter 9: Back in the Real World
Chapter 10: Fights and Findings
Chapter 11: Date Night
Chapter 13: Surprise Visits
Chapter 14: Qualifiers
Chapter 15: Revelations
Chapter 16: Tension
Chapter 17: Chaos Part 1
Chapter 18: Chaos Part 2
Chapter 19: Tension
Chapter 20: The Difference Between Fixing & Forgetting
Chapter 21: Parking Lot War Zone
Chapter 22: Car Rides
Chapter 23: Qualifiers & Set Ups
Chapter 24: Hiccups Along the Way
Chapter 25: Flirtation or Frustration
Chapter 26: Dreadful Dinners
Chapter 27: Fiesta
Chapter 28: The Road to State
Chapter 29: Knots
Chapter 30: Progress
Chapter 31: Prom and Promises
Chapter 32: Unconventional is the Family Name
Chapter 33: Graduation
Chapter 34: Departures
Epilogue

Chapter 12: Secrets and Polls

4.5K 189 22
By limitlessopportunity

"Wow who are you texting that has you smiling like that?" Kristen came up behind me and peered over my shoulder.

Before she scared the living daylights out of me, I had been casually leaning against my locker savoring a few calm moments to myself before I ventured into the chaos that was the cafeteria. Sadly, I also happened to choose an unlucky time to read a text from Turner.

"Um... my mom?" I quickly locked my phone and almost dropped it after she startled me.

"Liar. Tell Kristen who it was. I have a feeling it's a he or you wouldn't have freaked out so much," Kristen looped her arm through mine as we wandered toward the cafeteria.

The last thing I was about to do was tell Mason's girlfriend that I was texting/ dating his best friend. Not a good idea.

"Stop talking in the third person. It's creepy. I'm telling you my mom was wondering if I'd be home for dinner. I was just texting her back," I started fumbling with my wallet as if I was looking for something.

"I wasn't born yesterday," Kristen plucked my phone out of my hand with a sly grin.

"Kristen I need my phone back," I shrieked as I ran down the deserted hallway after her, "besides I have a password so you won't be able to get into it anyone. It's of no use to you."

I tried to reason with her as I tore after her around each corner. She was surprisingly fast.

She skidded to a halt in the middle of the science wing, turned to face me, and handed me my phone with no further resistance.

"Well that was easier than I thought. I was prepared to tackle you. How did you get to be so fast?" I caught my breath and gladly took my phone back before sliding it into my boot.

"I've been on the varsity track team since freshman year, you're dating Turner behind Mason's back, and yes I know I don't seem like the athletic type, but I'm actually relatively fast," Kristen crossed her arms, popped one hip, and looked down at my bent over form with a look of pure disappointment.

"What race do you run?" I smiled innocently with the desperate hope she would take pity on me and drop the subject.

"Sienna Clarkson what did you do? I didn't need a password because a text from Turner conveniently popped up asking why you weren't at lunch and if you were free this weekend."

"I went on one date with Turner. You can't tell Mason. He'll freak out and we won't even get a chance to figure out for ourselves whether or not we want to go forward with this. Please just keep it to yourself, so I don't have Mason screaming at me as I try to decide if I like him or not," I begged.

"Sienna, Mason and I tell each other everything. You're asking me to lie to him. I don't know if I can do that. When he does find out, and he will, he's going to be hurt that three of the most important people in his life lied to him," Kristen paced back and forth across the hallway eyeing me worriedly.

"Just give me a few weeks, then you can tell him. Please," I bargained.

"Fine. A few weeks, that's all. Now I expect all the details about you and Turner later," she threatened as we busted through the doors of the cafeteria. The past few weeks instead of going to the library during lunch, I spent the time laughing at whatever clumsy mess Jayden got himself into. Sitting with Mason, Turner, Kristen, Jayden, and some of their other friends was surprisingly entertaining.

Sure I had more homework to do at home, which resulted in less time for skiing after school, but the laughing was worth it.

Kristen eyed me suspiciously as I sat down next to her, across the table from Turner.

Ever since the date a few days ago we'd been talking constantly. I almost fell asleep in English the day before because Turner had me up until two in the morning telling me stories about his vacations with his cousins.

"What took you two so long?" Mason leaned over to peck Kristen on the lips before looking at her adoringly.

"Just talking about girl stuff." Kristen smiled cheerily and I felt the guilt coming. How could I make her lie to Mason? Then again how could I not?

"What kind of girl stuff?" Jayden leaned across the table and wiggled his eyebrows.

"I almost forgot. Aren't the Girl's Snowboarding Qualifiers for our area coming up soon?" Kristen switched the subject and all heads swiveled toward me.

I kicked Kristen under the table for throwing me under the bus.

"This Saturday. We already submitted your information. You're signed up, and you're going," Mason crossed his arms on the table and dared me to define him, but unfortunately for him I have a bad habit of taking dares I shouldn't.

"You did what?!" I grabbed the strings of his hoodie and pulled him toward me across the table.

"I believe what you meant to say was 'thank you'," my idiot cousin smirked at me despite the daggers I was shooting him out of my eyes.

"You sign me up for Qualifiers when I told you I wasn't doing it. Are you trying to get my father thrown in jail for murdering me? Are you trying to anger me right now because you're doing a great job."

"What do you think I am? Stupid? Wait don't answer that. The point is I signed up you under a different name. You're going. Whether you go willingly or I have to drag you there that, my darling cousin, is up to you," Mason smiled sweetly and removed my vice like grip from his sweatshirt.

"What name?" I asked cautiously.

"Gertrude Finn" Jayden butted into the conversation and started cackling like a hyena.

"I am going to kill you both," Kristen had to hold me back before I jumped over the table at them.

"Turner helped. Kill him first," Mason begged as he hid behind Jayden.

"Thanks a lot. Remind me never to trust you with my life," Turner lightly slapped Mason on the back of the head.

"Alright all of you stop threatening to kill each other. At this point Sienna you are signed up, so Mason's right. You might as well go and qualify for State and get that scholarship. We are all going to be there to support you and not too long after that we are going to go and support the boys at their qualifiers. We are all going to get along and stop all this nonsense. Understood?" Kristen was standing with her hands resting on the table at this point.

"Yes ma'am," Jayden saluted Kristen with a completely stoic look on his face.

"Look at this obedient guy. You've got him wrapped around your finger. Dump Mason and date Jayden, he's much less stubborn and irritating," I ruffled Jayden's hair and grinned at Mason.

"Don't give my girlfriend more data on how crazy I am. She might realize she's out of my league," Mason put his finger to his lips, looked around as if he was checking for eavesdroppers, and shushed me,

"You're an absolute nut," I threw a French fry at him while Kristen pecked him on the cheek, clearly finding his whole charade cute.

"Focus people. Do we all understand the plan?" Kristen prompted.

"No. I still do not agree, so it's a no go. I'm not making a fool of myself at Qualifiers and risking my dad finding out. I can't do that to him," I insisted for what felt like the thousandth time.

"Nope. We are putting it to a vote. All those in favor of Sienna racing in Qualifiers say aye," Kristen raised her hand.

"You can't make me do something based on a vote. This is ridiculous," I threw my hands up in the air and plopped back down in my seat.

"I made the rule on this vote, and I say four out of five votes over rules yours. Aye," Kristen looked around at the others.

"Aye," Mason smirked.

"Aye," Jayden bounced up and down, clearly excited about this weird situation.

I turned to Turner. He would take my side here. He would understand why I couldn't—

"Aye," Turner's green eyes bore into mine.

Sorry it's been so long!   Life has been crazy lately, and I didn't want to post an unfinished chapter.  What do you think Sienna's reaction will be to Turner's vote?  If you like this chapter please vote and comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 609 34
A Fairytale Princess who has a penchant for getting into trouble. A Steampunk Inventor with a keen mind and mysterious origin. What will happen when...
Blurred By E.J.

Teen Fiction

159K 7.1K 28
(TH#4)"His mind is a chaotic mess, built of the kind of stuff you read about in a Stephen King novel. He couldn't control his anger any more than I c...
536K 6.6K 32
*Started May 2021* *Completed 6.27.22* *Currently being edited* When Scarlett Nelson applied to Clarkson University, her dad, and Clarkson's head hoc...
322K 11.7K 40
Meet Lexie McGinty. Unfulfilled Graphic Designer at Bostock Bank and according to her best friend Evie 'proper lovely'. Lexie's loves, particularly s...