Game of Thrones: The blue eye...

Door liddya

Lyanna Stark is the eldest daughter of Catelyn and Eddard Stark. She is the twin of Robb Stark. When the Kin... Meer

1. King Robert
2. Wolf's Blood
3. The Inn
4. The Night

5. King's Landing

1.1K 33 4
Door liddya

"Thank you for escorting me," I whispered when Jaime and I arrived at my room. I couldn't help but to think of Lady and how my father was going to kill her.

I leaned on the heavy wooden door, not even glancing at Jaime. I held my eyes closed; I did not want to face reality. I heard silent whimpering behind the door. It was probably Sansa, cuddled up in my bed like she did when she was little. Before moving anywhere he grabbed my hand.

I opened my eyes to look at him. With concern he tried to search for something in my eyes. It was reason that he was searching. He wanted to know if I still was reasonable.

"I apologize for the wolf," he said. I scoffed taking my hand away from his.

"Don't lie to me. You say that but barely mean it," I spat rather harshly. I knew I shouldn't have directed my anger towards him but he was there so he was the target.

"My Lady," he said, but when I turned to look at him he was left speechless. My stare was so cold that it scared me. How? Was it the South affecting me? Was I compensating the warmth with my own coldness?

"Ser," I spat through my teeth like it was poison. The expression he made was mixed with surprise and intrigue. I was confused by it. How could he not be angered by me?

"That beast of yours nearly killed the prince," he said.

I laughed loudly. "Nearly killed him."

I took a step closer to Jaime. "Joffrey is still alive and breathing, but Sansa's pet Lady, that did nothing is dead."

"Lyanna..." Jaime started. I could feel him reaching for my hand, but I moved it away. I knew my eyes were cold as ice when I stared him straight into his eyes.

"I'm sorry My Lord, but I cannot do this right now," I whispered, holding back my tears. I felt them strangling my throat. "Good night."

* * *

The next morning was very misty. The first thing I did was go downstairs to eat breakfast with everyone else, though I wouldn't have wanted to.

I hated the fact that I had to leave Winterfell. I hated the fact that I had to leave my brothers and my home. I hated that I was going to be married to Jaime. I was about to become his wife. I had to bear his children. Even the thought of it made me sick.

At the break of dawn we left the small inn. I was put in a couch with Sansa, the Queen, Myrcella and Tommen. I leaned on the wall in not very lady-like position. I could not wait for our journey to end. It was quite a bore to sit the whole way without saying a word.

"I am very excited to see King's Landing," Sansa suddenly said. I corrected my position to a more lady like and cleared my throat. Cersei's eyes moved up to me and we shared a look.

"Yes, I am as well," I had the courage to say with my voice slightly coarse.

"Excited about marrying my brother?" The Queen questioned arching her brow.

I swallowed my hate towards the marriage and smiled kindly. Cersei was clearly studying my every move. I placed my hand over to the softer part of the seat and squeezed it.

"Yes your Grace. I cannot wait for us to be married so I can have many little lords and ladies."

Cersei chuckled with a hint of spite.

"Will you be our aunt then?" Myrcella asked me. I had forgotten that she was travelling with us. I leaned over to the golden haired girl. I took her hand and stroked it gently.

"Yes princess, I will."

A wide smile spread on Myrcella's face. At least the princess liked me.

We arrived to King's Landing and father had told Jory to excort us into our rooms to get "settled in". A sigh escaped my lips when we got over to our keep. It was a nice size, and my room as right next to Sansa's and Arya's, which I was glad about.

The bed was larger than the one I had at home in Winterfell. The bed was layered in silk blankets and I had a huge closet for all of my dresses but still I had an ache for home.

I couldn't stay in my room for long. I didn't know if I was allowed to move around the castle but there was no one there to stop me. I wandered around the halls until I got over to the throne room. I heard two voices talking and soon recognized my fathers voice. I peeked from behind the door frame and saw the bickering.

"Thank the gods you're here, Stark. About time we had some stern northern leadership," Jaime said.

"Glad to see you're protecting the throne," Father answered. I did not understand why I was forced to marry Jaime. Clearly my father didn't like him at all.

"Sturdy old thing. How many kings' asses have polished it, I wonder ? What's the line ? The King shits and the Hand wipes."

"Very handsome armor. Not a scratch on it," father spat back.

"I know. People have been swinging at me for years, but they always seem to miss," Jaime responded with a wide smirk.

My eyes moved past Eddard Stark and Jaime Lannister and on to the throne. It looked painful to sit on. Why would anyone make a throne out of swords. A part of the conversation went past me when I was admiring the throne.

My father did not like Jaime, just because he thought Jaime was a dishonorable man. Honor was everything to my father. When Robb and I were little, he always reminded us of that; You have to be honorable.

"But you just stood there and watched," Ned said.

"500 men just stood there and watched. All the great knights of the Seven Kingdoms. You think anyone said a word, lifted a finger ? No, Lord Stark. 500 men and this room was silent as a crypt. Except for the screams, of course, and the Mad King laughing," Jaime started, "And later... When I watched the Mad King die, I remembered him laughing as your father burned... It felt like justice."

"Is that what you tell yourself at night ? You're a servant of justice? That you were avenging my father when you shoved your sword in Aerys Targaryen's back?" My father said walking closer to him.

"Tell me... If I'd stabbed the Mad King in the belly instead of the back, would you admire me more?"

"It saddens me to see you arguing," I said as I walked inside the throne room. My father and Jaime both turned to look at me, father's face more remorseful than Jaime's. His eyes glanced over at me and I glared at him. "After all..."

"Lya-," My father started but then cut short. "I have a small council meeting. Forgive me."

He walked past Jaime, leaving me with the kingslayer.

"Shall we, my lady?" the Lannister asked and offered me his hand.

"What makes you think that I'd follow you?" I said storming off.

I hadn't taken even two steps when I felt a hand drawing me back. Jaime forced me to look at him straight in his piercing eyes. He looked angry and it made me shiver. I still did not understand why I was supposed to marry him. Clearly no one wanted us to get married, except Robert. 

"Now darling, I have never hit a woman in my life..." he started with arching his brows. "And I don't plan on starting now."

After reaching the state of shock I just got angry. "Hit me if you dare," I spat while struggling myself out of his reach. "You will lose that hand."

Jaime stared at me with fire in his eyes. He looked angry, almost like he was filled with rage. Then; in a blink of an eye a smirk curled up on his lips.

"You know my love that I would never dishonor you like that," he said and leaned in closer. He planted a soft and delicate kiss on my cheek before turning away from me. 

"It amuses me how you speak of honor," I had the guts to say. Jaime stopped for a mere second before turning back at me. His face was not frowned in anger; I sensed sadness. For a moment I wondered if he just was misunderstood; if the Mad King really wanted to burn everybody and he saved King's Landing. 

"Jaime I-," I started apologetically but he cut me off. 

"Do not other to apologize my lady. If the honorable Ned Stark had been in my position, do you think the Red Keep would exist anymore?" 

My throat dried up and as I tried to answer to his question, nothing came out. A mild smile rose up to his lips. I didn't have an answer to his question, and it ate me up inside.  

"You and I are more alike than you think, Lya."

***

I have no idea when I will post the rest of the story. I've been quite busy with everything, but I am determined to finish this story because of the Game of Thrones show ending. So while I try to write more, enjoy this chapter! And thank you for being supportive. 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

116K 4.1K 37
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
985K 61K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
219K 5.4K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...