My Quiet Mate

By Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... More

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Chapter 16: The Change
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 20: Brothers
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 25: Surprise!!
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up

54.1K 2.5K 692
By Star-Fly18

Devon POV

My pack had accepted Quinn! I knew that they would but I didn't know it would be this soon! They were all raving about him and yipping and jumping after I had made it official. You see, to be accepted into a pack all of the pack members need to accept the person who wants to join. After they are accepted then the new person needs to run with the pack to establish that they could keep up and be a strong part of our pack. One that was over the whole pack needs to sent the new person and last, the Alpha establishes the pack link and it is official!

If we wanted to we could talk to Quinn through the pack link now but that would freak him out too much so we refrained from doing so.

Quinn looked over to Stephanie confused, "What just happened?" he asked her and he pushed Eli away from him as he tried to lick Quinn' s face.

"You have been accepted into the pack!" Stephanie yelled as she threw herself into my mate's arms

Quinn hissed in pain when she wrapped her arms around him and Stephanie released him immediately. I was by his side in a flash to check him over. She must have pressed on his still healing cuts that Liam had given him

"I'm fine," he assured me with a soft smile. Quinn shivered in the cold and I looked up at the sky. It was dark and a slight breeze picked up. I huffed in annoyance. Oregon was beautiful but the weather seemed to change every five minutes.

I nudged my mate towards the pack house so he would get out of the cold. He was still hurt so it would be bad if he got sick. Quinn opened the door and the pack rushed in to get out of the cold and I was swept along with them. We entered the living room and the pack spread out over the couched and on the soft rugs we had laid out for just this purpose.

My mate came in with Stephanie and he looked around the room with wonderment. The living room wasn't that impressive. The only this that might be impressive was the 180-degree view into the forest, but it was dark right now so I'm sure he couldn't see much. As I watched him I saw his eyelids droop and he seemed to be falling asleep.

I gently grabbed the sleeve of the shirt that he was wearing and tugged him to the stairs that led to the bedrooms. As we ascended the stars I saw him look over the pack fondly and give a soft smile.

"Goodnight honey," Stephanie called out softly to Quinn.

"Goodnight everybody," he called back in a tired voice and got a chorus goodnights back that just sounded like a lot of yips to him.

I led Quinn passed a few doors and down a hall and stopped in front of my room. It was closed so I looked up to Quinn then looked back to the door. Quinn opened the door for me and I sipped inside closely followed by my mate. Once he was in the room I closed the door with my nose and looked to Quinn as he made his way over to the bed. He crawled under the sheets and I quickly followed him.
The bed had plenty of room for the both of us as I curled around him to keep him warm. He snuggled into my side burying his face into my fur. Once I thought he was asleep I shifted back into a human and pulled him closer to me. I would have to shift back to a wolf before he woke to keep him from freaking out but for now I was relishing the fact that he was in my arms.

I fell asleep quickly and was out and in the best sleep that I have had for a while.

I shot awake when a blood-curdling scream filled my ears. I was in wolf form and I quickly reached out to Quinn to pull him behind me and to my horror he wasn't there. I shot out of my bed and raced down the hall to see Elis frantically running at me.

"Devon. It's Quinn, he is in the game room. We thought he wouldn't be up this early but he came down and freaked out! He is asking for you in some weird language and he is about to have a panic attack!"

I pushed past him and tore down the stairs towards the game room. The game room is where the pack usually hangs out so it is no surprise that he is freaking out. I busted open the door to seem my mate cowering in the corner of the room, shaking like a leaf, crying his eyes out and one the verge of a panic attack, and it was not helping that my pack was surrounding him. Though they were trying to help. Wolfs are social animals so when one in in distress then it craves physical contact.

I snarled at my pack, warning them to get away from my mate. They all took a step back but remained in the room, wanting to help. When I snarled Quinn looked up with terrified eyes. Once they met mine his tears started coming faster and he held his arms out to me. I rushed over and he latched on to me like his life depended on it and started bawling his eyes out.

"Asher, lassen Sie sie nicht tat ​​mir weh," he whispered in a pleading voice. I looked to him confused but he just kept pleading into my side. "Ich will nicht noch mehr verletzt werden. Ich werde gut sein und tun, was sie sagen, nur Lassen Sie sie mich verletzt."

Quinn was scared to bad that he wasn't even speaking English anymore. I nuzzled my head into the top of his head and he looked up to me.

"Wo ist Devon?" he asked softly, "oder der Rest der Packung ? Wer sind all diese Leute?"

I recognized my name but the rest was nothing to me. As I sat there confused Stephanie busted into the room looking furious. She is not a morning person. Her look immediately softened when she saw what was going on.

"Stephanie!" Quinn called out when he saw her, "Wer sind all diese Menschen?" he asked with fear as his eyes flicked around the room. He was mostly hidden behind me but he was still scared out of his mind.

"Quinn sweetie, you need to calm down," she told him in a soothing voice. "I do not understand what you are saying, but I want to help you. These guys will do nothing to you, they are harmless, and besides, you have Asher with you."

He seemed unsure still but nodded an ok, he took a deep breath before he spoke, "W-who are all of these p-people?" he asked with a tremor in his voice.

"They live here too, and they are really nice! Just like Devon!" she told him. "This is Liam and Chris," she said as they gave a polite wave, "and then Mason and Ryan, Alexander is over there, and next to him is Luke, then there is Isaac and Eli, and last is Owen!"

Quinn looked at them all in confusion, "Warum," he started but stopped to switch back to English, "why do they have the same names as the wolves in the pack?" he asked. Stephanie's eyes widened in realization of what she did and stumbled for an answer.

I let out a sigh of dread and spoke through the mind link to everyone except for Quinn, "Let's tell him," I decided. "He was fine with the pack yesterday, he had been accepted in already and he needs to know."

"Are you sure?" Liam asked with wide eyes.

I nodded my head to Stephanie to continue. She looked to me once more before taking a deep breath and looking to Quinn. "We have something to tell you Quinn," before he could say anything she continued, "please don't freak out. It isn't as bad as it seems, and they wont do anything to harm you. Not now, not ever."

Quinn seemed confused but stayed silent, he gripped my fur harder in his hands and waited for Stephanie to come out with it.

"We are a pack of werewolf's," she admitted not looking away from my mate. Quinn narrowed his eyes in disbelief at her words but didn't seem scared.

"Prove it," he challenged.

"Luke, if you please," Stephanie said looking to Luke. He nodded and quickly shifted into his large wolf, sheading his clothes in the process. After he was done he shook out his fur and looked to Quinn. I looked to Quinn too to see that he wasn't' scared at all, he just looked mildly surprised.

"Are you all werewolf's or just Luke?" he asked. The pack answered by all shifting into their wolfs because they knew that Quinn would be more comfortable. Stephanie looked at Quinn; surprised that he was taking this so well.

I felt my mates hand on the side of my face and he gently turned my head until I was looking into his eyes. "Are you a were too?" he asked without a hint of fear in his voice, it actually had excitement.

I nodded a yes.

"Are you Devon?" he asked to my utmost surprise. MY eyes widened and I nodded a yes. He smiled softly. "Cool," he whispered out.

"So, do you have any questions?" Stephanie asked. "You seem to be taking this very well." She mused as she stroked Luke's head.

"This isn't my first time meeting werewolf's before," he admitted. We all looked at his with surprise and astonishment. There were so few weres left, especially in this area. Where could he have met another werewolf?"

"How? When?" Stephanie said voicing my question.

"One of my close friends is a werewolf but he is a little deformed so he is alone. He told me that there weren't any werewolf left in this area though," he said while running his hands through my fur with his chin rested on my shoulder. He seemed a lot more relaxed now then he was before but I was still wondering who this other wolf is. "Speaking of which, he will probably come looking for me pretty soon. His name is Cooper and he is very protective of me," at that I let out a small growl. Only I could be protective of my mate.

"Quinn, do you know what mates are?" Stephanie asked.

Quinn shook his head no. "You mentioned them before but I don't know what they are."

"A mate is someone who completes you in every way. The one you were meant to love and the one who loves you, forever," she explained looking fondly at Luke.

"A-are Ash-, I mean, Devon and I mates?" he asked in a shaky voice.

"You are," she answered him with a soft smile.

A large grin broke out across Quinn's face and I gave him a wolfy smile. Suddenly a loud howl was heard from right outside the house and all of our heads snapped up.

"And that would be Cooper," Quinn said with an exasperated sigh. 

Translations: Asher, don't let them hurt me. I don't want to be hurt anymore. I will be good and do what they say; just don't let them hurt me. Where is Devon, or the rest of the pack? Who are all of these people? Why

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 120K 56
Kyle is a very homophobic Alpha and he also has full of hatred towards Colleen - the youngest and weakest Omega in the pack. One night on Colleen's...
113K 4.2K 50
The Badger Series (Book 1) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Timothy is an Omega, he lost half of his vision after he was beaten for something...
718K 20.4K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
38.5K 2.2K 55
BLACK MOON, book two. Can be read as a stand-alone. The Hunter's Alliance has been defeated, but have all of the enemies disappeared? The new pack w...