The Wedding Date {Vampire Dia...

By malirahale

Desperate to show her ex-fiancé that she's better off without him, Elena Gilbert hires male escort Klaus Mika... More

Un
Deux
Trois
Quatre
Cinq
Six
Sept
Huit
Neuf
Dix
Onze
Douze
Treize
Quatorze
Seize

Quinze

435 21 5
By malirahale

"Take the next right," Tyler ordered

"Okay," Mason did as instructedt

"I said right," he pointed in the opposite direction

"And I went right"

"I meant left"

"I'm in charge of the car and you're in charge of the map," Mason stated

"I just mixed my left and right up. Easy mistake to make"

"And you're only telling me now?"

"You're the idiot who didn't realise we were running out of gas," Tyler pointed to the dashboard

"Maybe if you'd read the map right then I would have been able to refill the tank. You could have just used Google Maps or something but no; you're not a normal person"

"Let's just see if we can find someone who knows where we are"

"Find someone? We're stuck in the middle of nowhere and who are you going to ask, huh? The squirrels?"

"I don't think squirrels are nocturnal"

"That is beyond the point"

"Let's just calm down and we'll walk a few miles this way to see if we can find a gas station or something"

"You think I'm going to take orders from the idiot that got us lost in the first place?!"

----------------

Elena was just putting the finishing touches on her makeup when Rebekah walked in.

"Can you zip this for me?" Rebekah asked, signalling to the back of her dress

"Sure," Elena replied as she zipped the back of the dress, "Not to sound rude but why didn't you ask Jer?"

"Your brother was being an ass"

"I know the feeling"

"Why am I sensing we aren't talking about Jeremy anymore? What did Nik do?"

"We've kind of been avoiding each other all day"

"You both live under the same roof, how do you manage to avoid each other?"

"Simple. He went looking for you with Damon and I went to help Caroline with the decorations for the dinner"

"Who needs decorations for a rehearsal dinner?"

Elena laughed, "Have you met Caroline?"

"But back to the subject at hand, why are you and my brother avoiding each other? You both were fine yesterday and then we went out for the hen party so unless something happened after that. I'm right aren't I?"

"Klaus and I slept together last night but it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. The alcohol didn't help either"

"And you're only telling me now?"

"It's now that big of a deal?"

"You shagged my brother; I think that qualifies as a big deal"

---------------

Streamers and banners were everywhere. It was a bit much for a rehearsal dinner but then again it was Caroline's idea. And you don't want to anger a bride the night before her big day.

"Salad? Seriously, Blondie?" Damon looked at his meal in disgust

"It's healthy!" Caroline defended herself

"Its rabbit food," he dead-panned

"I never thought I'd say this but I agree with Damon," Jeremy spoke up

"Damon behave!" she whined

"I'm not a dog!" After a glare from Caroline, he got up and left the room.

"Outside now!" she rose her voice, pushed herself out of the chair and followed him outside the house

"Don't ruin my big day!"

"Like you ruined mine?!"

"I was drunk!"

"Drunk enough to sleep with your best friend's fiancé?"

"I didn't mean to hurt Elena"

"What was that?" Elena stepped into the cold air

"Nothing," Caroline replied

"It wasn't nothing. I heard my name so what are you guys talking about?"

"We were just saying how good it was to have you back Elena," Caroline stepped forward

Elena took a step back, "I heard you say 'I didn't mean to hurt Elena' so what did you mean?" She looked at both of them, "I'll go get Stefan then"

"No! Elena, you can't!"

"Why not, Care? You're his fiancé, I'm sure he'd want to know what you and his brother were arguing about"

As Elena turned to open the door, Caroline blurted out, "I slept with Damon"

Elena turned to face her best friend, "What?"

"I'm sorry, Elena"

"When?"

"It doesn't matter. It was a long time ago"

"I asked when, Caroline!"

"The night before your wedding two years ago," she looked down, ashamed

"You're the reason that the wedding was cancelled?"

"It didn't mean anything Elena. I didn't mean to hurt you"

"Hurt me?"

"Yes, you're my best friend," she tried to hug her best friend

"Not anymore. I can't believe you Caroline. You and Bonnie comforted me after everything that day; all while you held a dirty little secret!" Elena pushed her away in anger.

"I was going to tell you"

"Before or after the wedding?"

"Everything was so busy and then Damon went missing so there wasn't time"

"You spent the entire afternoon with me and Bonnie but there wasn't time?" she shouted, exasperated.

"Elena-"

"Wait- Did Bonnie know?"

"No. Only me and Damon knew about it"

"Why then, Care?"

"I was drunk and it was stupid"

"Were you drunk?" she turned to face Damon for the first time since hearing the news

"I had some bourbon but not too much: I didn't want a hangover on our wedding day"

"So instead you slept with my best friend and called off the wedding because that was such a better plan!"

"Guys, what's with all the shouting?" Stefan stepped on to the porch, shutting the door behind him.

The three of them stayed silent as Stefan looked at each one of them.

"Care?" he asked, "What's going on?"

"Nothing," she answered, "It's silly"

Elena looked outraged, "She slept with Damon"

"What? When?"

"The night before my wedding"

Stefan turned to face Caroline with a shocked expression.

"It was an accident!"

"I'm done!" Elena pushed past them to get to the door, "I'm leaving!"

"You can't leave, Lena. The wedding's tomorrow," Caroline tried to persuade her friend to stay. Elena ignored her and left anyway.

"Is there? I'm calling off the wedding," Stefan stated

"You can't do that! Everything's booked and paid for"

"You didn't have a problem when Damon called off his wedding"

"That was a long time ago. Everything's changed since then," she reached for his hand, "I've changed since then"

"Have you? I thought you'd changed but I was wrong you're still as selfish as you were in high school"

At this Caroline had enough and slapped him across the face.

"That's enough," Damon finally stepped forward, grabbing Caroline's wrist and holding it midair

"Stay out of it!" Caroline shook him off her wrist

She turned back to face Stefan but he was gone. She walked into the Boarding House just as someone spoke, "We didn't even get to try dessert"

-------------­

"Why do you seem so calm about this?"

"She said it herself, it was a mistake"

"Not at dinner. You left as soon as I did and she wasn't open for explanations"

"She may have told me," he sighed, running his running down his face

"You knew?"

"I hoped you wouldn't find out this way"

"How long?"

"Not that long"

"I said how long?"

"She told me last night, she was drunk so I don't think she knew what she was saying"

"Was this before or after we slept together?"

"Before but she made me promise I wouldn't say anything"

"You know I think you and Lena make a good couple"

"Thanks"

"I see the way you look at her even when she's not looking. I don't think Stefan does that with me"

"I'm sure he does. He wouldn't marry you if he didn't"

"It's not the same"

"What are you talking about?"

"I slept with his brother"

"Caroline, I'm not sure if it's me you should be telling this to"

"I didn't cheat on Stefan though. I slept with Damon about two years ago"

"Two years ago? As it when he was still engaged to Elena. Elena Gilbert as in your best friend"

"I didn't mean for it to happen. It just did"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 817 22
The story begins at the Mikaelson Ball from the 3rd series of the 14th episode. It focuses on Kol and Elena and how the two fell in love. Elena is se...
4.1M 99.8K 58
Estella Salvatore hates Klaus Mikaelson with a passion. Klaus Mikaelson is hopelessly in love with Estella Salvatore. Their love story is a little t...
124K 1.4K 13
Ranked #15 in #theoriginals stories ☺️ *** a collection of one shots and imagines from everyone's favourite Mikaelson brothers. feel free to request...
941K 24.5K 37
"𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭." - in which the eldest gilbert becomes wrapped up in one of the mikaelson...