Sold [Rough Draft]

By AprilDestinee

When I was three months my mother sold me to the devil.Three days later she killed herself and left me at a d... More

Full Cast (for now)
PRELUDE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8(part 1)
Chapter 8 (part 2)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (part 1)
Chapter 13 (part 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (new version)
Chapter 16 (new version)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (part 1)
Chapter 20 (part 2)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 26

3.1K 164 55
By AprilDestinee

THIS IS DEDICATED TO THE GIRL WHO DISCOVERED A PLOT HOLE IN MY STORY. LOL. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE PLOT HOLES? 

Chapter 26

                I couldn't take my eyes off his slender figure. It had been such a long time since I had seen his mocha brown skin, or rounded grey eyes. My fingers twitched to run themselves through his dreadlocks, like I always did when we were watching movies at his house. I knew I had always appreciated Wren greatly—he was my best friend, of course—but reuniting with him now, after I haven't seen him in about a month, made me want to jump in his arms and never let him go.

                Carefully, I eased closer to Phil's bed. I pushed my right foot out, then my left. I glanced at Phil, who sputtered another dry cough. I watched as he lifted his left hand and jutted out his index finger. "You—you...look like someone I know..." Phil noted and spit out another nasty cough. "...Wren!" Phil exclaimed weakly and dropped his left hand back to his side.

                Wren nodded, and glanced over at Jeremiah. "Yes...he's my son..."

                Liar, I smirked.  Wren and his cunning ways.

                "He—he...went after my daughter...when she left. He looked...for her five hours—hours...straight. That boy...he's a good boy." Phil nodded his head slightly and huffed out a weighty breathe.

                Instantly, gratification crossed Wren's features and the corner of his lips titled upward. "Thank you, sir."

                "Alright, did she have a boyfriend...or close friends—besides Wren?" Jeremiah continued to ask.

                "Yes. This one girl...Kimberly. She was a trouble-maker, but a smart girl."

                Jeremiah scribbled something down in his notepad, and looked back up at Phil. "Did you have a close relationship with your wife or Charity?"

                   "Meaning?"

                    "Any major arguments...violent behaviour...?"

                "No, Rita and Charity were my everything. They are why I woke every morning to go to work."

            Once again, the detective scribbled something down in his legal pad and then sighed. "Alright," He nodded and stood up. With distinct grace he placed his pen in the chest pocket of his long black trench coat. "Do you mind if we look around?"

                "Of course, but please...bring my nurse." Phil asked and dipped his head further in the sheets. Never had I seen my father so weak, fragile and helpless.  My heart shattered once again, and I moved closer to his bed side. Knowing I couldn't touch his body, I rest my hand above his head and looked down into the empty eyes that were once over flowing with joy.

                "I did this to you, dad." I spoke softly. "I'm so sorry." I apologized, and quieted my bottom lip with my teeth. Wiping the tears from my cheeks, I removed my hand and placed his on my lips. "Don't worry, dad, I'm gonna make this right. I promise." I amended and blow him a kiss, before jogging out his bedroom.

                  Vaguely, I followed the faint male voice across the hall, until my feet stopped in front of Phil's study. Pushing open the door, I caught sight of Wren and Jeremiah. Quickly, I dashed into the room and pressed my body against the wall. Although I couldn't see what it was, because their backs were to me, I knew they were looked down at something.

                "I don't know why we are waiting to look for her now?" Wren snapped at Jeremiah.

                Sighing heavily, Jeremiah shook his head, "Because, we don't know what we are dealing with. We don't know who took her."

                "I think I have a clue." Wren suggested and shuffled over to the computer desk facing the north side bookcase. "When Charity came into this room, she picked up a red album." While he talked, his hands moved quickly shuffling through the papers on Phil's desk. When he didn't find what he was looking for he moved to the side drawers. "When I tried calling her she wouldn't answer so I walked over to her and gave her cheek a pinch. But that didn't work either; it was as though all of her senses were taken from her. I remember seeing her flipping the pages of the book and mumbling something under her breathe. But I don't know what." Wren recalled.

                "What do you think it could be?" Jeremiah asked moving closer to Wren.

                Standing up, Wren turned to the taller man beside me. "Not what but who."  Leaving Jeremiah with that Wren dashed across the room, and began rummaging around in the bookshelves. "When I took the book from Charity and told her not to look at it, it burnt my skin. And not burnt I mean scorching hot." Moving to the next bookshelf Wren started from the bottom and worked his way up. "Hell."

                "Hell? Are you suggesting that—"

                "Yes," Wren interrupted, slowly I watched as his hand grazed the red Coptic-bind book.

             Deciding to take advantage of this silent moment, I made my way over to the person who is so-called named 'Jeremiah'. Rounding my steps to the front of his tall well-built body, dipped my eyes up and then down. Finally coming to a sudden stop, I angled my body so that I lined up with his and elevated my eyeballs so I could get a better look at his face.

             Could this really be the Jeremiah Malachi and Mr. Brand told me about? I wondered. No, there is no way. Where are his wings? Where is the halo that's supposed to be on top of his head?

               I narrowed my eyes, and continued to examine the unidentified man in front of me.  Could this man really be my father? Could this white man really be my father? I qestioned in my head. Could he be the reason why I am standing here today? Could he really by my predecessor the man who gave me my features?  

            "Got it!" Wren called out. Forgetting the person in front of me, I turned around and gazed at Wren. Curling his fingers inward he jerked his fingers slightly, and the red album flopped into his hands. "This. This is the album." He informed Jeremiah and speedily walked over to us.

                 "This is it?" Jeremiah asked.

            Nodding, Wren handed it to him. In a swift motion Jeremiah flipped the book open and began surfing through the pages of the album until he suddenly stopped at one page.  Staring down heatedly at the book, Jeremiah's eyes clouded over and slightly grew lighter.  Sluggishly he reached, with his index finger, towards the page.

             Looking from his face, my eyes darted the page that had changed his confident stride of air, into a withering breathe of sadness. After scrutinizing the photo, I took a mental note that it was a picture of my mother and I in the hospital when I was just born. With a big smile smeared across her face she looked down at my tiny form. It looked almost like it was unknown to her someone was taking the photo of her.

            "My love." Jeremiah whispered in an almost inaudible voice. "Don't worry, I'll find our baby girl." 

             "Jeremiah." Wren snapped, and grabbed onto the angels shoulder. "Sitting around crying will not bring Celeste or Charity back." He reasoned.

            "I know." Jeremiah nodded, and fixed his posture. Clearing his throat he shut the red book and gazed around the room. "Look for other evidence in the other rooms." He ordered Wren.

         Complying with the strict order, Wren took off run out of Phil's room. Turning his head Jeremiah watched Wren take his leave, before turning back to the album and finding the page he hand left off at. With an unsteady hand Jeremiah reached for the photo. Once it was in his grip he pulled it up to his lips, and kissed it. "Don't worry, I'll find her. I promise." He whispered and placed the photo in his chest pocket.

             Without further hesitation Jeremiah placed the book on Phil's desk, and took his leave.

             Huh, I thought and twisted my lip to the right side.  Is this how I should feel after meeting my birth father...nothing? I feel no connection. It was exactly how I felt when I saw my mother. Could this be the feeling all orphan kids get when they meet their biological parents they haven't seen in eighteen year.

                  Maybe. I'll never know.   

*********************************************************************************

First off sorry that I didn't upload for like 2 weeks. I was watching Transformers 1, 2, and 3 for a week  straight; back to back; every day for seven days. Crazy, I know right? I don't know why I love that serires of much, but the Autobots are AMAZING.

OH OH! ONE OF MY FAVE TRANSFORMERS INSTRUMENTALS ON THIS SIDE! Makes me cry all the time. I just love Bumblebee, Optimus, Ratchet, Jazz, and Ironhad. GO AUTOBOTS!

Anways....

Sorry if this is boring. I was going to right more but my distracted me and I lost all inspiration. Some people just don't understand that when a girl is listening to her Transformers, Ten Commandments, Teen Wolf, Action, Dramatic and Postions instrumetals you just don't interrupt her but....

my mom is mom. So thanks for reading. Plz Plz Plz comment. Vote--if you want to. But PLEASE COMMENT. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647 30 8
••• (Your P.O.V.) ••• Three years ago, I lost my sight in a car accident. Both of my parents were killed in the process, leaving me parentless. I was...
657K 22.3K 42
Who knew my new apartment would be the one beside my new boss. Not only that but turns out he is a incubus which explains all the sex. Damn it! I al...
1.5M 42.5K 48
1st in hell as of June 23 2018 & July 2 2020 1st in demon as of August 24 2018 1st in forever as of June 12 2019 1st in fantasy-romance as of June 2...