She thought he could flirt

By Chocl8Muffin

Jasmine is a play girl who had Zachariah protecting her ever since she's little but when she gets dragged out... More

She thought he could flirt
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five.
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter Twenty three -last chapter-
DID SOMEBODY SAY A SEQUEL?

Chapter fourteen

10.7K 158 44
By Chocl8Muffin

She thought he could flirt

Chapter fourteen:

As Gasper drove to the restaurant, they weren’t talking. Martino, being in a position that only reinforced the past to storm into his mind, started remembering the day he realized his life will change.

“Sup dad, mom said you’re asking for me” I said.

“Yes, Martin. We need to talk. Sit down” he told me. I was just talking to Lily and we were deciding on going to her dad’s cottage when mom called my name and told me dad needed me. This shocked me, my father loved me and he proved it but he never actually bothered with ‘talking’ about stuff with me, so I was worried. Maybe he heard of that day I tried smoking weed with the guys, or the time I punctured our principle’s car wheels or oh god, he might know that I was now addicted to Marijuana.

“You know son, Life is never easy—“ my father started and I knew if I didn’t show him that he should get to the point, he’ll just keep on rambling on and on about nonsense and that was when I told him,” dad, cut to the chase. I know you have something important to say, so just tell me.”

My father sighed before he rubbed his temples and then he opened his drawers before getting out a bulky folder which was thrown to me.

I grabbed it ignorantly and raised my eyebrow,” dad?” I asked

“This is a folder holding the information regarding a very tricky situation we’ve been trying to solve for a very long time. We’ve discovered we’ll have to do some dirty work if we ever want to reach the bottom of this” he said and I still had no clue what it had to do with me

He seemed to understand my lost expression since he sighed and explained,” we need you, son. To go in their spot, prove yourself, have an alias, live another life and know who the big head is. We need to take them down once and for all.”

I stayed watching him before I snickered,” dad, I’m only nineteen, I just finished my first year in college, and don’t you think it’s a little… rash?”

Dad turned angry suddenly and he spat,” I am the head of the FBI, Martino! Don’t you think I would know if I was doing something ‘rash’?”

I stood there silent before gulping down and saying,” what do I have to do to be this person? Dad,-“I leant over his desk pleadingly,” – I am too young for something as serious as this”

My father surprised me by laughing and then he said,” I trust you”

He trusted Martin.

“A table for three please” Gasper said as the garcon led them inside the restaurant to a table in the corner. They sat together around the circular shaped table and then a silent minute passed.

“So what were you saying before?” Gasper asked frowning

Martino nodded and said,” I have information-“his friends’ eyes widened,” dangerous information that exposed who the leader was.”

Gasper hissed a curse before rubbing his face,” Damn, Martin. What other surprises were you planning to tell us?”

Martin shrugged,” I’m engaged”

Bianca shrieked happily before jumping off the chair and enveloping him in a hug. Gasper laughed slightly but he was still shocked.

Bad boy, Martino. You lied.

Well, not really, he was planning on going back to her and legally spending his life with her. He knew this decision was there ever since he felt the love towards her and that was why the phrase was true. Maybe there was no engagement ring around his finger, but there’s an engagement rope around his heart.

“Who is she? What’s her name? When did you meet her?-“gasp,”- does she know you’re a former FBI agent?”

Martin eyed Gasper with a smirk before chuckling and saying calmly,” first, calm down Bianca, second, she’s Jasmine who is a girl-“Gasper snickered,”- I met her months ago at my hiding occupation as a bartender, and no, she doesn’t know”

Bianca sulked back into the chair and watched as the men resumed talking about the gang they tried catching numerous times. She was annoyed at how they would prefer talking about these boyish boring dangerous stuff rather than discussing Martin and Jasmine’s first kiss and her first blush and first laugh and first-

“First thing first Gasper, I’ll tell you everything, but we need to eat too” Martin said trying to calm his hyperventilating friend down.

“You don’t understand. For the six years you disappeared, we tried catching the bad guys, we tried knowing who the guy was, and we never thought anyone had a lead. We suspected a lot of wrong suspicions and now you return from the dead to tell me you have the answer to a closed case!”

Martin frowned seriously, when he puts it like that, there really isn’t any time to eat.

As Martin patted his friend’s back and then grabbed his bag from beside his chair, the man with no name- note the sarcasm and yet darkness of the situation- stared at them, his eyes watching them from behind the menu. Martin got out a plastic bag and that was when the mystery man widened his eyes and got out his cell

“Sir, Martino played us.”

The guy knew that Martino really shouldn’t have shared the information he was now spilling to his friends because that way, he’s going to lose more than just a limb. He messed up big time.

Gasper however, was eying the CD’s as if they are infected with something.

“Are you sure about this?” he asked again for the sixth time. Martin nodded

“I am sure of it. Terry Hamwell is the leader. He always contradicted with our suspicions when they got so close, he was there when that cop was shot and when we asked him what he was doing, all he could say was that he was a superior and we had no saying in what he does. He disappeared on the day of the attack and when I realized that I’ll have to steal the CD’s and documents, he called me over a hundred times that day in critical moments which earlier I thought was a kind of warning but later I discovered he was just trying to warn his own group and get my cover exposed.”

Gasper kept staring at the CD’s.

“Martin, this is huge. Much more than you think”

Martin chuckled,” no, it’s not. Dad will believe me, he said he trusted me, he’ll believe me too. He will believe me when I say that the man who served him was the one responsible for everything. He was the missing puzzle; he was the man we’ve been looking for!”

Gasper eyed Bianca who was now paying attention to what Martin is saying.

“Martin, there’s a little problem with telling your father about it” she said softly, Martino felt rage grow within him as he suddenly stood up and bellowed,” he said he trusts me!”

Gasper clenched his jaw before giving his best friend a death glare,” he’s dead, Martin. You can’t tell him because he’s dead! And it’s much huger than you think because the head of the FBI is now the same guy you are now claiming he’s the one wanted.”

Martin’s breathing went shallow, ignoring the other part of the sentence,

” my father died? When?”

Bianca held his hand supportively as she said,” two weeks after your alleged death. He couldn’t live with the guilt of putting you in that mission untrained like most of your colleagues; he believed it was his mistake”

Martin’s eyes watered slightly,” he killed himself?”

Bianca frowned and shook her head,” he had a heart attack. You know he smoked too much and with all the stress of his career and his responsibilities, plus your death… it was hard for all the FBI, Martin.”

Gasper nodded,” you were very important to us, Buddy. You were always the guy who could make us laugh at the most awkward of situations. You saved the lives of half the office and everyone owed you. When you died, something broke down”

Martin took a deep breath before wiping away a tear that was about to leak and he sat down silently

“We need to solve this. I don’t care if he’s the head of the FBI; we need to send this evidence to someone who can use it right.”

Gasper looked at his wife for a second, a thoughtful look on his face, before he said,” you can come back with us to our place, I can copy all the evidence you have multiple copies and hide some of them in random places we know-“he looked at his wife questioningly”- like at your mother’s, hun” his wife nodded,”- and you keep your copies. I know men who are at the top of the ladder and they won’t even think twice before taking the evidence and using it right, just like you and I want.”

Martin nodded thankfully, convinced; he put back the things in his bag

In a while the food was served and Gasper asked randomly,” but what made you know for sure it was Terry?”

Martin looked at him and said,” the CD’s have a short movie including Terry and some girl, they were having sex and when I looked closely at the girl, I realized I recognized her. I went to her and asked her about him, turns out she didn’t know him as an FBI agent, but the leader of the most dangerous gang in the area, I asked her what the name of that gang was, she said she didn’t know but she knew a couple of guys who might help me. I kept following lead after lead till I put my hands on the documents that have everything we need.”

Gasper chuckled and dropped his fork before leaning back and staring at Martino impressed,” even though you’ve been invisible for six fucking years, you still chased after the truth”

Martin chuckled and shrugged,” I thought you died, that day I shot the guy and they attacked me. You came to me in your uniform to protect me, Gasper. They shot you and all I could see was blood. I thought I lost you and that’s why I was motivated all these years to keep going.”

Bianca smiled gratefully before wiping tears from her face,” when he returned to us without an arm and without a Martino, I have to admit martin, it was horrible”

Martin smiled and held her hand thanking her without words.

Her eyes suddenly glowed,” Tell us about Jasmine”

Martin chuckled and looked at Gasper who was groaning,” babe, I love you, but you are so romantic sometimes. Maybe they just met, had sex, told each other they love one another and that’s it”

Martin laughed, if only they knew.

“No I’m sure it was more than that. Martin can’t even flirt! This girl must have been special”

Gasper laughed loudly earning a couple of glances, a while back, their table was having an angry bubble so close to getting burst but now they were laughing so loud they were imposing themselves on other people.

“You do fail at flirting, how did you get her to love you?”

Martin scowled at his friends as they acted all young again,” maybe she fell for my personality”

Bianca snickered before saying,” Oh, sorry” Martin laughed sarcastically before saying,” or my good looks” that was when his friends choked on their food and started laughing again till tears fell from their eyes. Martin huffed and folded his arms.

“Dude, sorry, but you’re a dreamer” Gasper breathed

“Just busy yourself with eating, will you?” Martin hissed only aggravating his friends to laugh more.

~

“I’m going to hide the copies in places no one will know about, and I’ll go to this man that has powers in the military. If terry has any hands and wings anywhere, it won’t be at the military, I assure you” Gasper said to Martin who was now standing in the hallway outside their house. He lied about having a place to stay. He told them he had to go back to where Jasmine was. His friends agreed on him leaving only after they’ve heard how needy Jasmine was on Tuesdays which was total bull. He still can’t believe they got that.

Like, how could a person change character with the change of the days?

Earlier, Gasper and Bianca watched the videos and saw the one Martin was talking about. If it wasn’t a piece of evidence, the friends might have used it as porn.

The thought made Martin turned on while Bianca cringed.

Gasper was laughing at the offer.

They read the documents that proved that Terry was the one who supported the gangs with guns and weapons as well as money. Also it proved that all decisions come from his mouth and no one else’s and after the girl he slept with said his other name ‘Charlie Dick”

Which was an extremely funny name; it was proved that this name was the name everyone feared.

Gasper kept laughing when he realized the nickname

He said something that had to do with how a person could fear someone who had a Charlie (Charlie and the chocolate factory) and dick (an organ) in the same name.

After saying their goodbyes, Martin looked at his watch as he walked down the streets.

It was four am and he was dead tired. He needed to find anywhere to sleep but ever since he left his friend’s house, he had this feeling that he was being watched.

He blamed it on his paranoia, he just discovered his friend was alive and actually happy to see him, he blurted out he was engaged to a girl who was now most probably mourning his break up and he held on to a very important piece of information that made him a death target, plus the news of his father’s death, that was the one that hurt the most. But he seemed to not live the moment since he didn’t cry or feel regretful, he just felt sad. He felt he missed him and felt a little guilty, but he didn’t feel shocked or depressed.

Maybe it had something to do with him being away for six years where he practically forgot how his father was.

A noise behind him made his thoughts stop and adrenaline to rush around his body that it tingled. His senses were high and his skin was prickly. His eyes scanned the streets and yet even though it was almost a new day with a new morning, a lot of people were walking around the streets. He gulped and tried getting over the feeling of being watched when suddenly someone whistled from behind him so Martin turned.

It was rather foolish to watch him turning around because of a single whistle in a crowded place, maybe it was a guy flirting with a woman or maybe it was a guy whistling for his dog, maybe it was just a sleepy drunk person who was whistling just because. But that whistle made Martin turn for a reason; he felt it sent nasty chills down his spine. Not like the ones he felt when he was laying there with Jasmine on her bed gasping for air, No.

This had some bad feeling vibes around it.

When Martin turned around, it was unexplainable how everything happened with so many witnesses but it did happen.

A buffed looking man smiled evilly at his face before lifting an iron pipe, Martin’s eyes got wide as he ducked to avoid the throw but suddenly the pipe smashed against his head. Martin felt a pain sear from the tips of his fingers and move to his centre core where it met with other pain shots to form an unbearable piercing scream inside his body. His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he heard the guy laughing and mumbling,” we found you, Martino”

And it all ended with one single thing that made him know that it was all over.

All fucking over before it even began.

A single shot was fired and with all the pain Martin felt from the centre of his body and his brain, with all the blood oozing out of the side of his head, he felt it as it penetrated through his body, escaping with the last breath he had.

Martin dropped dead on the ground in the middle of the streets.

They found him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 5.9K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
565K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
The Phantom Conspiracy By Ana

Mystery / Thriller

1.6K 228 15
【 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 】by Ambassador-run profiles: @NA on 'It's Always the Butler' @crime on 'Detective & Whodunit' @StoriesUndiscovered on 'Thrills N S...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...