The God Fruit (One Piece)

By Lillie1512

The Straw Hat Pirates, after defeating Doflamingo, depart from their new found friends and make their way bac... More

Jade Island
A Warrior Worth My While
The Demon Within
The Past Arises
Farewell
Moving On
Deep
I Have a Dream
Sake, Suspicions, and Spotted Seals
Fireworks are Flying in this Heated Battle
The Girl on Fire
Pain
Remember Me
Am I Doing this Right?
Epilogue: Snow

Version 2.0

332 12 1
By Lillie1512

*Arya*

The sudden flow of hot liquid in my veins makes my body jump start.

I gasp, trying to swallow large amounts or air.

"We have a few questions to ask you Arya. You are going to have to come with us to the conference room." The familiar serpent like voice of Dr. Vegapunk filled my ears.

I open my eyes but it feels like I am on an acid trip. Everything is too bright and too high def to focus on anything. Vegapunk just looks like a giant white amoeba. 

My head bobbles up and down obediently.

Trying to focus on the moving floor below, I push myself off my bed and step, completely missing the floor and end up in a sudden free fall.

However, I don't hit the ground but am scooped up by another white figure, and am placed and strapped into a wheel chair.

I turn my head toward the figure, words stumble out of my mouth, "Thank you. Sorry that I am not functioning properly today."

From in front of me, I hear Vegapunk's almost caring sounding voice, "It is all right. I woke you up too early for everything to be completely reset, but the government waits for no one. Just a few simple questions then you can go back to bed."

"Thank you sir. You are too kind." My voice comes out polite and robotic.

At the end of my ride I find myself in room with a few more blobs of color that I can only assume are people also.

The navy blob starts, "Okay everyone. We are here today to talk about imprisoning the Shichibukai Dracule Mihawk on counts of treason from thirteen years ago and from the recent act a few months ago."

*Mihawk -a little before the trial*

I cast my eyes down and glare at one of the marines escorting me through the halls of the marine base on Furawa, my home. "This better be important. I have better things to be doing than wasting my times on a conference call." 

The grunt trembles bellow me, his voice cracks, "It is very important sir. I assure you that Admiral Kizaru and Vice Admiral Micah are very appreciative that you came all the way here with your busy schedule."

I stare unblinking at the grunt until he shrinks down, "Here we are sir."

Pushing open the door I see the Admiral and the Vice Admiral lounging at the table.

"Wellllllllll if it isn't my favorite Shichibukai. Busy brooding on that gloomy island of yours?" The Admiral languid tone is already on my nerves.

"Admiral what is the meaning of me being here?" I question in a flat annoyed tone.

The admiral takes a beat too long to answer so Micah eagerly jumps in, "It about you daughter Mihawk. As you probably know she has become a pirate...."

I turn my head toward him, "I am aware. After you were tricked by her on Jade Island, she ran off with Straw Hat mongrels. She got herself a bounty of 300,000,000 beli. Are we really here to discuss the disappointment that is my daughter?"

"Accctuaaaaaalllly. We have been trailing her since Matsuri Island. Had quuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiite a battle with her. She has grown quiet strong. Made even me sweat a little." Kizaru slowly informs me, "After thhhhhhhaaaaaaat we ran into her again but this time with a little help from the science division we captured her. And noooooooww." A smirk rests on his face.

I sigh and fold my arms, "Are you trying to tell me that she is rotting in Impel down with the other criminals. Fine, but that is hardly a reason to make me come all of the way here."

It was a trap. Plan and simple. I could easily get out of here though. Kizaru was my only real problem.

The door swung open.

My heart stopped.

A pale girl with a shaven head with sutures running down the middle of her head and stretching from ear to ear along the base of the skull, was sitting in a wheelchair. Black stubble was starting to regrow around the sutures. 

Her golden eyes were vacant and half lidded. Her alabaster skin was translucent, red and blue vessels visibly spread across her body like spider webs.

Her body was as thin and brittle looking as dried wood.

What did they do to my precious daughter? How could this of happened?

"What did you do to her? Turning her into a cyborg like Kuma? Seems like a waste with her powers." I don't break my mask.

When Vegapunk's voice fills the air is when I finally realize he is present, "For now, just body enhancements to bring out her inner strength and some rewiring for her to be more obedient."

Some nameless marine in blue started talking in serious tone, "Okay everyone. We are here today to talk about imprisoning the Shichibukai Dracule Mihawk on counts of treason from thirteen years ago and the recent act a few months ago."

"Are you people serious about this? You don't hold the jurisdiction to do this; this has to be held at the court at Eines Lobby." I stand to leave, "Marines, pathetic as ever."

Vegapunk leans down to Arya, acting like a caring parent, causing my blood to boil, "Arya did your mother and father fake your death so you can get off Furawa 13 years ago?"

Arya replies without a thought, "Yes sir."

An alligator grin cover his face, "How did you do that?"

"Stopped my blood from flowing to the pulse monitor. Then my mother gave me an anesthetic and buried me. After she dung me up, I hid in the woods until it was okay to leave." Her voice was cold.

"After that?" Micah pushes forward smirking victoriously.

Arya closes her eyes, rubs her temples, eyebrows knitted, "My father took me to Jade Island for training."

"Onnnnnne more question." Kizaru stares at me dead in the eyes as he asks the question "Did you really want to kill your father that day on Jade Island that Micah came?"

Arya audible groans in pain, "No. It was an act so he wouldn't get himself killed or arrested."

I sigh, "I don't see the point of this. You could have wired her brain and trained her to say those things. The Gorosei won't stand for this; it barely can be held as evidence. A drugged up girl after surgery."

Micah cackles, "If enough of us verify this interview."

I scoff, "Please." 

I step over to my daughter and kneel down beside her, putting my hand under her chin, tilting her head up so I can look her in the eyes, "Maybe we will finally be able to fight on the same side now."

A moment of clarity strikes her and her liquid gold orbs stare deep into mine, "Dad?" She screams out in pain making even me jump. Her voice barely reaches a whisper, "Help me." A tear taints her cheek as her fit continues.

I glare at Vegapunk who is reaching into a medical bag, "Learn how to control your patients."

With that I head toward my ship.

She was still in there struggling against the entanglement of wires in her brain. I need to do something but I know I can't.

A certain pirate crew and a certain moss headed fellow come to mind; they can though.

"You are not very subtle are you?" I turn to face Kizaru, "Didn't think you were going to let me leave the island in peace."

"You seeeeeeee I can't. I am going to be so glad to see a filthy pirate like you executed." Kizaru makes his blade of light appear in his hands.

I draw my black blade off my back, "Are you still sore from all of those times I defeated you?"

"Nooooooo I just want your daughter to watch you die and for the last thing you see is her vacant, uncaring eyes." Kizaru's muscle coil.

The weight of my sword rests comfortably in my hands, "I don't see what the problem is; we all work for the marines now."

Kizaru strikes and easy block his blade, "Noooooo you and your daughter are both filthy pirates and I won't rest until you are both dead."

"You are not killing her. "I grumble low and swing my sword down hard, making Kizaru's feet sink into the sand.

*Arya*

When I work up it was peaceful. Nothing more than the low hum of people working and the soft smell of lavender.

I found myself in a small room with a simple oak desk, chair, dresser, table, mirror, and bed. It was set up similar to my room back on Jade Island. . .

A sharp searing sensation hit me right between the eyes.

"Ah.." I press my thumb on the spot and massage the area for a moment. 

Sitting up, goosebumps spread across my shoulders. I cast my eyes down and find myself in my undergarments.

Oh. I need clothes.

I go to the closet and slip on a white tank top, black knee length cargo shorts, a short sleeve white marine hoodie with the marine emblem in blue on the back, and black combat boots.

As I tighten my laces, I catch my reflection of myself in the mirror.

The girl in the mirror is foreign to me.

The girl in the mirror was a skeleton. Skin as pale as moonlight. Every bone was visible to the naked eye.

I carefully raise my hand to my lightly stubbled head and trace my stitches and watch carefully as the girl in mirror copies me.

Slowly, I lift my tank top and examine the now X-shaped scare on my stomach that was about the size of my hand.

I trace my fingers over the hills and valleys of my scar.

It was the only thing that assured me the girl in the mirror was me. Why? I didn't know but I just knew,

The door swings open and I extend my hand to catch the object flying towards me.

 It was my sword Kokushibyō.

I pull the blade out of its black sheath: perfect condition.

"Miss Arya it is time to go train. You have been out for 3 days and out of commission for a few weeks; you have grown weak".

I attach Kokushibyō to left hip, "And who may you be?"

I examine the 19 year-old boy in front of me. He stood at my height, he had long platinum white hair pulled into a low pony tail, and his eyes were an electric blue. He was wearing a white button down, black slacks, and white loafers. He smelt like clean like fresh laundry and soap.

I grab his now extended and surprisingly cold hand, "My name is Zero. I am one of the five AL's on this base."

I release his hand, "AL's? Where is here?"

"AL means Artificial Logia; like Micah and myself. This marine base is on Furawa." Zero informs me.

"Furawa." The word rolls off my lips with a familiar taste.

Zero looks at me curiously, "Are you familiar with this island?"

Unsure, I shake my head, "No, I don't think so."

Zero grabs my hand and gives me a small smile, "It happened to me too. Don't worry about it."

I stare into his deep blue eyes; there was something about them I felt like I could trust, "Thank you. You are very kind."

He pulls me out the door, "Kizaru is indisposed at this time so he entrusted me, your second in command, to make sure you are in tip top shape. Sentomaru will be observing."

I furrow my eyebrow, "My second in command? I am sorry but I seem to be ill-informed."

Zero holds open a door for me, "One of the higher ups will explain."

I am led into a training field out back. It is just a plain large dirt sparing field, but it was rimmed with hundreds of vibrant flowers of every color imaginable.

My body was empty but a part of me had a slight feeling of nostalgia. I wonder what from?

"Arya it is good of you to finally join us." Micah was sitting over in a gazebo with two girls and another boy.

The scar starts to throb with pain just at the sight of him. But why?

"Micah it is good to see you. I was hoping you could explain what is going on." Zero guides me to a bench and sits down next to me.

"Right! Vegapunk has upgraded your body to help bring out the power of the God Fruit. The government wants to have an assembly of logia users to handle some of government tougher problems quietly and efficiently. We want you to be the head the operation." Micah looks at me with a pleasant smile but the pit of my stomach I have an uneasy feeling.

I stand up and bow, "Thank you. I am honored."

A scoff comes from a boy in his 20's, at least 6 and half feet tall, with smoldering orange eyes, who is wearing a black cut off, arctic camo cargo pants that are tucked into his black combat boots, and a marine hat. He smells of sulfur and ash.

I turn to him with a sense of authority, "Is there a problem. . ."

He stand ups, towering over me, and stabs a finger into my chest, "You bet I do baldie. I have been training on this island for years to have the top spot in this platoon and you walk in here like a hot shot. Everyone ranting and raving about your God Fruit abilities. Che! I bet it is all hype. I bet you can't even. . ."

I tilt my head to the side, like a bird observing a new object, a small sadistic smirk pulls at my lips, then I flick my hand out and send the boy crashing through the wall of base. 

The feeling of triumph and domination, sits sickly satisfying in my stomach.

I pick up his hat, dust it off, and place it on my head.

I look to the newly revealed red mohawk, "I will forget that, if you tell me your name."

My eyes burn holes in him as I wait.

He picks himself up, "Che the name is Blaine. You were lucky that I was unprepared that time."

"Don't mind Blaine he is always itching for a fight." They high pitched voice was coming from a mouse looking girl. She was barely five feet tall, her long sandy blonde hair was in pigtails, she had large brown eyes, and freckles dusted her cheeks. She was wearing a billowing white t-shirt, jean shorts, and brown braided sandals. She smelt like a beach.

I stare down at her curiously, "How old are you?"

She giggles and extends a hand, "I am 15!" I accept her hand, "My same is Sandy by the way! Has anyone every told you are really pretty?"

I blink caught off guard, "No I don't think anyone ever has. Thank you, you are so sweet."

"Sandy stop being a brown noser." The annoyed voice came from a girl with smoky grey hair trying to look over Blaine for any wounds, but the feisty red head is pulling away.

Her hair falls in loose curls around her oval face making her charcoal eyes pop. She is a little shorter than me. She is wearing a lilac lace summer dress and was bare foot. Her wrist an ankles are adorned with handmade bracelets and anklets. She had the scent of morning dew.

"You are the last one. What's your name?" It came out closer to an order than a suggestion.

"My name is Misty and I am also not thrilled about you being in charge here. All of us have been on this island for a few years training. The government didn't even know you existed until a few months ago." She shrugs, "But if you can prove yourself, I guess I can't bitch."

She reaches into her bra and pulls out a joint, "Hey Blaine help a girl out."

Blaine's finger ignites and he lights Misty up.

I feel Zero's body cringe, "Misty that stuff is awful for you; it is going to cause you to lose concentration in battle. I don't understand why you do it."

She takes a long drags and exhales towards Zero and me, "It's so I won't be an uptight ass like you. Maybe Blaine should thaw you out. Plus you know how awful I can get when I am worked up. It helps me relax."

The mouse girl trembles slightly, "Misty is really scary when she is angry. She took down a whole pirate crew by herself when she was in a mood."

Mist shrugs casually, "One of them grabbed my ass."

For some reason I had the urge to put my arm around the young girl and rub her shoulder, "I am sure that we can all make this work out. I'll learn all of the ins and outs I need to and I'll make our group flawless. Okay?"

She nuzzles in, "You are so nice. Like the mom I never knew."

Blaine rolls his eyes, "We are one big happy family," He points to Zero than me ,"The hard ass dad, the new step mother no one likes," he moves to Sandy, "parents little princess," then Misty, "The pothead teenage daughter," to himself, "the one who has given up on the family," and lastly to Micah, "and the perverted uncle."

*Micah*

For the next few hours I watched them train and become stronger as a team.

Were there a few minor hiccups? Of course.

Blaine still doesn't respect Arya as the alpha of the group and keeps arguing to follow his plan instead of Arya's.

The fool.

The things that Vegapunk did to her even I couldn't understand. He tried to explain it to me but all I got from it was her brain was like a computer; uploaded with new programs that better improved her performance.

She had become a professional on the art of war over night. Any strategy seen by the marines was in that girl's brain.

Sentomaru's large, round body appears next to me, "She has improved quite tremendously. Her Haki is impeccable, and her God Fruit powers must me close to awakening all of the way."

A sick smirk pulls at my lip, "And she will do anything we say."

Images of her goddess like naked body pressed up again mine flashes through my mind. I could almost her moans ringing pleasurably in the back of my head. All of the things I could do to her now.

Sentomaru rolls his eyes a gives me a warning glare, "I know that perverted look on your face. Vegapunk and Kizaru both explained the consequences if you tried doing those perverted things to her. I am not supposed to tell you but Arya woke up to early even after we put her to sleep again. Her memories are more dangerous that the others were."

 I glare back, "I know. Arya is a stubborn bitch, she is going struggle to break through the mental wall in her brain for an eternity."

Sentomaru watches Arya closely as she tries to instruct a combination move for Misty and Blaine, "Her being on this island is probably already pushing her limit. If anything else traumatic happens it will most cause her brain to seize and her to die painfully. You know that right Micah. Vegapunk doesn't trust you to keep your hand off her. Don't tell him I said that."

Saliva pools in my mouth when Arya removes her sweatshirt bearing her round, perky breast. I wave off Sentomaru ignoring him, "I know. I know. Kizaru said the same damn thing. Why doesn't anyone trust me? I'll am capable of waiting."

I didn't want to wait, but if I don't she will die.

A sinister grins pulls to my face. What if I approached it more civilly?  

"Arya can you come here for a moment?" Her name rolls of my tongue so sweetly.

Sentomaru shoots me another warning glare and whispers in my ear, "If you kill her because you are hornier than a dog, Vegapunk will kill you." With that he goes to talk to the other AL's.

She flickers out of sight and appears next to me, "Yes sir, what can I do for you?"

A shiver of pleasure runs down my spine picture her down on all fours like the obedient dog she has become, "I would just like to give you a little tour around the base."

She gives me a short nod and turns to her crew, "I will be back for my evaluation Sentomaru. Micah is going to show me around."

Zero shoots me a frozen glare. I just smile and put my hand on the small of Arya's back and guide her forward.

"How is the training going Arya? The group is a pretty rowdy bunch." I question as we pad though the bustling hallways.

She ponders it for a bit, "It is a struggle to get them to work together, but their power is extraordinary I haven't seen anything like it minus. . . ."

She stops in the middle of the hallway unaware that she is blocking traffic and turns up to me with a puzzling expression, "I don't know what I was going to say."

I pause and rub her back gently, "It is just a side effect of the surgery. I promise I will make sure nothing happens to you."

She gives me an apologetic smile, "I am sorry you have to nurse me back to health."

I tour her around showing her the kitchen, the control room, the other living quarters and so, until we reach my room, "I wanted to give you something. Do you mind coming in?"

She follows, "Hey Micah? What happened to me before I was here? I don't remember much of anything." Asking uncharacteristically of her new personality. Some of her old innocence was seeping back through. I had to approach with caution.

She sits crossed legged on my plush bed and I looks through my drawers, but I frown coming up empty handed. Who the hell took it?

I kneel down in front of her and take her hands, "Well your father trained you too be a fine young marine. You were the Marine's prized possession because of your power. You reached the rank of Vice Admiral last year, however, about three weeks ago you and your fleet encountered the Straw Hat pirates. The crew and had no mercy and killed all of you crew without hesitation."

I rest my hand gently on her stomach, "A man name Roronoa Zoro gave you that scar on your stomach. He slowly tortured your crewmates in front of you. That demon ran his three blades clean through you with a mighty force. The damage was too much. Vegapunk said that this was the only way to save you from all of the trauma you went through."

Her eyebrows were furrowed tight, "Than who saved me after my crew was killed?"

I grip her hands tightly and spread sorrow across my face, "You called my fleet for back up but we were too late. We found your half dead corpse drifting on part of your ship. I brought you back here and Vegapunk patched you up."

A slightly blush forms on her cheeks, "I guess I should be thanking you for saving me huh?"

I join her on the bed a chuckle, "No need for you to thank me. You have done the same thing for me many times. We were always close."

She squinted hard trying to remember, "You were one of my dad's friend's right? You're around the same age."

An irk mark forms on my head, "Your father entrusts you with me every time he leaves."

She nod, "Thank you for taking care of me Micah. This has all been so strange. Like I have been transferred into another world or something."

I wrap my arms firmly around her and give her a tightly squeeze and surprisingly she returns it, softer, but she returned it. 

I pull back and look at her fragile frame, eager to press on, "I will not let anything happen to you. I promise." I lean forward and kiss her on the cheek.

A moment her face was red but her expression appeared to switch back between shock and complete anger.

Then. . . then she let out a high pitched shrill shriek that made my ears ring and a few other marines burst through the door in distress.

"Sir what happened?" An anonymous grunt with shaggy hair asks.

I just grumble, "Get her to the room; just let her rest." 

They take a groaning Arya out of the room and I slam the door behind them.

I yell out in frustration and flip my desk over. After all I have done to get her here.

I sheathe. How much longer am I going to have to wait for her? I already waited 13 years for her; I can wait. 

I have to wait.

A hear a soft tapping on my door before it opens. My room fills with frigid cold air, "Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. You should be more careful with Arya. I know Kizaru is laid up in a hospital bed, but as long as I am around you won't be able to lay a hand on her."

Zero has an evil grin plastered on his face instead of his caring mask he usually wears. He adjusts a family gold flower on his breast pocket. A growl, "You stole that from me."

He shrugs, "It is my duty to protect the marines from filth whether that be pirates, or my own family. Kizaru chose me to be second in command because he thought Arya's power and mine would blend harmoniously together. The ultimate power couple."

He leans over, his icy breathe teases my ear, "Together we will kill all the scum in this world; starting with power hungry marines creeping closer to line of treason like yourself. Isn't that right uncle?"

With that he disappears.

I swallow hard.

On the day my sister died giving birth to that child, I knew he was going to be trouble. He is a grade A psychopath. 

Ever since he was a child he looked at people like they were his dinner.

There were signs of his sick brain all throughout his childhood, neighborhood pets missing or found dead, other children forced terrified smiles, his own fathers catering to his every whim.

When he reached the age of ten, his father couldn't take it any longer. He met up with me before he took his own life. He rambled nonsense about Zero torturing him, experimenting on him, asking if he could play with the other children.

Later, after Vegapunk took Zero away for some rewiring, I found out what that meant.

I went to Zero's house and found in the back yard, a graveyard of at least a dozen of children corpses, their lives all taken in different ways. As if he was trying to find out the best way to kill someone; to become the best predator.

The worse thing was I found an icebox full of internal organs. Some of the hearts, I few had bites marks in them.

Later marine investigators tried to ask about the findings.

Zero only response was, "I thought a change in diet would help me grow stronger, but humans just taste like spoiled beef."

After that he was brainwashed, or so people thought.

I told him I was his uncle so he would have someone to trust. First he appeared reborn into the perfect gentlemen but moments like this still arise making me certain that he remembers something if not everything.

One time I caught him with a frozen blade over me while I slept. I swore I heard him whisper, "Your power isn't worth stealing. Just knowing is torture enough."

He had everyone else fooled and he had me backed into a corner like a scared child.

He was the only thing now that stood between Arya and me, but I didn't worry. I had my own logia power after all. If it is a fight for Arya he wants, it is a fight he will get.

*Arya*

"Oooooiiiii! Arya! Blaine burned my cookie to a crisp!" The spunky Sandy chases after Blaine threatening to suffocate his flame.

Misty is laughing around the joint resting in her finger.

I was surprised by how well they worked together. I knew Blaine was being sarcastic about us being a family before but you could tell that they really cared about each other.

They teased, and had each other's back in battle.

Zero and I were sitting next to each other on the couch watching the scene unfold.

Zero catches a glimpse of the slight smile that was resting on my lips, "You seem like you are happy with your position Arya dear."

I laugh, "They are a rowdy bunch I will give them that, but we are each other's only family whether we like it or not."

Zero crystal blue eyes squints as he smiles, "Exactly. All of us here were either orphaned or born part of the marines."

A turn to him, "Which one are you? If you don't mind me asking?"

A sad smile comes to his face, "Dr. Vegapunk said I repressed the memory but my parents were pirates. They rather search for treasure than take care of a child. Then put me in an old sake barrel and set me a drift to die."

My mouth parts slightly in shock and I rest my hand on top of his, "I am sorry that is terrible."

He turns his palm up and takes my hand in his, "Its okay. Took down their ship a long time ago and now with how strong we have become, the team can prevent that from ever happening again."

His eyes were gleaming. I gave him sad smile, "I wish I could remember what my parents were like. After my ships run in with the Straw Hat pirates I remember absolutely nothing."

A fire burns in my stomach, "And it's all thanks to nasty pirate Roronoa Zoro."

Zero holds up a finger and pulls a box out from underneath the couch, "I cannot say much about your father minus I know that he is deeply dedicated to the marines but I have a welcoming gift that might cheer you up."

I look down at the blue box with a golden ribbon and slowly unwrap it

It was a golden rose hair clip.

It was stunning. The most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

The clip made me feel invincible, beautiful, and so happy.

"Zero. . .  It's beautiful." I reach up to clip it over my ear. . .

The rose slips from my hands and I clutch my head.

A cool hand touches my forehead, "How about we go outside and you get you some air okay?"

"Oi. Baldie are you okay?" I force my eyes open as I stand to see that Blaine and Sandy had stopped the roughing housing and were at my side.

Misty elbows Blaine in the side, "Look at you being so caring for our leader or are you afraid she is going to kick your ass again." She extends out her hand, "Want some? It will help the pain?"

I wave a hand in front of my face, "Misty makes sure these two don't kill each other. I'll be back in a bit and we can go over what we need to improve for tomorrow's training."

Sandy salutes me, "Feel better soon! I will makes you soup to cheer you up!" she jets off to the small kitchenette.

Zero grabs my hand and weaves me through the halls until we are outside.

He turns to me and clips the flower to my tank top, "Until your gorgeous locks grow back."

I blush, "Thank you Zero, I don't know why I keep getting these headaches."

Zero pulls me down onto the grass and we lay side by side looking up into the clear sky speckled with millions of starts.

Zero turns to his side and rest a cold hand on the back on my neck, "We all had them. It just so those bad memories don't arise again."

The chill soothes my headache but not my mind, "But what about all of the good things that have happened? Like childhood memories. Former loves."

Was I bothered by the notion that I would never remember my past? Actually no. Curious mostly.

Zero starts to stroke the back of my neck, "Think of it this way. You gave up your past memories to give up all the hurt and now you have a clean slate to make all happy memories with your new family and new loves."

Zero pulls my head onto his chest, "Like now. Just two people enjoying the stars."

In that silence we gaze into the sky as the stars appear to fall from the sky.

Deja vu flood over me, "I don't know why but tomorrow is going to be a better day."

Zero chuckles softly, "Every day is wonderful when you are here Arya dear."

He kisses my forehead and pulls me close.

It felt so familiar. It was warm and comforting, but deep deep down the feeling of betrayal whirled in my stomach.

I shrug it off. No this is where I belonged now.

*Zoro*

"Nami how much longer?" I ask impatiently.

"Same time as when you asked about 10 minutes go. We will be there by noon tomorrow. If you keep asking I am going to start charging you." Her voice was becoming annoyed.

"Zoro man you need to calm down. With all of the pacing you have been doing you are going to wear a hole in the Sunny." Franky furrow his brows at me.

Brook leans on his cane, "It is all sort of romantic isn't it? Pirates going off to save a marine. Like Romeo and Juliet."

Franky sniffs covering his tears with his ginormous forearm, "Man how romantic!"

I just growl at the annoying duel, "She isn't a marine. She was just captured."

Robin, now comforting a sobbing Franky, speaks in a serious tone, "There is a high chance that the marines have changed Miss Arya into something similar to Kuma. Brook is most likely right. Even if we capture her there is no promises that we can get her back to normal."

Chopper pipes up, "Both Law and I will do our best to do whatever we can to help her. With Law's devil fruit power I am sure he can do somethings that I can't manually."

I ruffle my hair and lean against the mast. Why did this have to happen? I finally got up the guts to talk to her.

Smoke is blow into my face, "Having a mental break down like a dumbass isn't going to get Arya back, you shitty mosshead."

My eyebrow twitches, "You want to go right now ero-cook. I will slice you to pieces." I jump up and grab his tie.

Usopp grabs the tray from Sanji hand, "Can you too calm down already? If not I will make you."

Sanji and I both shoot deadly glares at Usopp. He retreats behind Nami shaking and orders weakly, "Go get em Nami!"

That only earns him a first to the face.

Sanji rest a clean shoe on my chest, "What are you scared of? That she won't come back to you? That she will have to be killed?"

I swing my sword and he pars with his leg, "I am not scared of anything!"

He spins on his hands fast aiming for my side but I block with my arm, "Then why are you so nervous? Why have you been pacing on this deck for hours and bothering my sweet Nami? You shitty swordsman!"

I grind my teeth and swing my blades down but Sanji easily dodges them.

Sanji whips around quick and lands a clean hit to my neck, "Stop lying you weak bastard. It is normal to be afraid to lose someone. That why we all trained for two years so we wouldn't have to lose anyone every again! We are all worried about Arya you dumbass. If you are so concerned get your ass up and train some more."

"Hey guys are we expecting a visitor?" Luffy asks cupping his hands around his eyes.

Everyone freezes. A small lantern illuminates a familiar coffin shaped ship.

I mumble, "Why the hell is he here?"

"Hey Franky get the ladder and fetch the person that is down there. Maybe they like to party!" Luffy order cheerfully.

Doubt it...

Sanji, Nami, Usopp, and I all recognized the ship and Chopper's nose noticed the familiar scent. We all stood there braced for the anything to come. 

The coffin like ship barely made a nose as it bounced against the Sunny. Franky throws a rope ladder and invites the 'stranger' up.

My heart beats hard. Did something go wrong? Maybe he just had intel.

Time passes slowly before a pale hand grasp the side of the ship, however the fingers start to quiver and lose their grip.

My instincts kick in and I grab his forearms before he falls too far down. I haul his body up and over and drop him onto the deck.

Mihawk leans up against the side of the Sunny for a few seconds before he collapsed down.

Chopper orders Usopp to get the light off of Mihawk's boat.

Mihawk clothes were torn and stained in blood. The feather in his hat half the length it used to be. His body was adorned with bruises and lacerations. He held his stomach tight. 

Chopper moves Mihawk's hand and loses his shit, "Why the hell didn't you wrap these up before seeing off! You could have bled to death!"

He ignores the small doctor and turns up to the crew, "They rewired Arya. They interviewed her when she was out of it. She told them every last detail." He sucked in a painful looking breath, "She has become a government dog; obedient to there every word. I tried to convince them that I didn't care but Kizaru wasn't convinced."

I can't help but bark out a laugh, "Are you saying that the best swordsman in the see got his ass kicked by an Admiral." I wipe a tear from my eye, "So what you came here to ask for our help again?"

Mihawk glares. His eyebrow twitches, "I can't do anything the marines are already investigating me on the account of treason."

Luffy just blinks, not phases by our guest, "So become a pirate. You were one before."

Mihawk just stares at Luffy. We all did. None of us could think of reason why he shouldn't.

He frowns. Would of mistaking as his normal face, but thin worry lines cover his face, "I need to get her out of that place. Roronoa you didn't see her. She is barely alive. Pale, thin, broken."

My face becomes stern. I knew the gravity of the situation. However, Sanji was wrong I wasn't scared of anything. I will take down anything in my path to save her. I just didn't want her to suffer anymore because I couldn't save her.

"How could they do such a thing to my angel?! Tell me how to save her!" Sanji burns with passion.

For some reason Sanji's statement makes me relax.

Mihawk smirks and tells his tale.

-a while later with a patched up Mihawk-

Everyone was fired up.

Usopp was bouncing about how he was going to take down the base alone. Chopper was fussing over Mihawk. Nami, Franky, Robin, and Sanji were squished together around a map formulating a new plan. Luffy convinced Brook to play an upbeat song to prepare for battle.

Me. I had sake in my hand a laughed. More relaxed knowing more about the situation. Excited for a battle. Dressrosa seemed to long ago.

Luffy laughs and points up to the sky, "The stars are falling again!"

The crew stares up in silence.

The stars streak across the sky. Their beauty only visible for a moment.

Deja vu flood over the crew, but Luffy if the first to speak, "It is just like the night before we met Arya! That must me something wonderful is going to happen tomorrow too! Probably means we are going to save Arya with no problems! Shishishishi!"

Mihawk turn up to me, "Arya found herself an interesting crew."

I grin, "You got that right. A bunch of lunatics that care about her more than anything in the world."

A ghost of a smile flitters across his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

And I think I am done? I believe so! I feel good about this! Sooooooo excited about getting some battle stuff on! Let me know how you feel about the new AL and if you want me to go deeper into the backgrounds! I really want you people's opinions! Let a girl know!

Vote

Comment

Like

Do the things!

Thank you all! =]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 17.5K 119
As (Y/N) is sent out on a mission for a whale named "Laboon" with her childhood friend Vivi, She encounters a particular crew that piques her intere...
45.8K 876 40
Have you ever wanted to enter the one piece world? Maybe you want to be friends with the strawhats, or the heart pirates? Perhaps you'd rather be dat...
1.9K 97 17
Luffy x Reader "You're made of rubber?" You asked. Completely In shock as the boy stretched his arms out to grab ahold of some meat. "Yup! hehehe!" T...
16.2K 393 51
*currently editing* Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain --- This is the 3rd book in my LuffyxReader series, if you haven't read the f...