Run Little Lost Girl

By xXQueen_of_ThievesXx

After Wendy Darling left Neverland and later died, Peter Pan was never the same. Heartbroken, he became dark... More

Run Little Lost Girl
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
The Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2

Chapter Five

7K 233 158
By xXQueen_of_ThievesXx

Edited✔️✔️

Please tell me if there are any mistakes. Thank you.

Chapter 5

Mia arose groggily from a dreamless sleep, with sand in each corner of her watery eyes. It took her tired brain a moment to remember where she was, and her heart spiked for a split second before calming down as she remembered all that had occurred within the last twenty-four hours.

Loud snored from all the sleeping boys surrounded her in the unfamiliar darkness, and a few were noticeably mumbling in their sleep incoherently.

She tried to fall back asleep, but was restless due to the fact her empty stomach hurt and wouldn't stop growling, reminding her of just how little she had eaten for dinner. Finally, she willed herself to get out of bed, swing her legs over and onto the fur rugs, and padded up the stairs that led to camp. Smoke was still emitting from the logs of last night's fire and Mia could hear the birds of the early morning chirping in the distance—something they didn't do when the boys were around, she noted.

Mia walked over to a random pile of red apples by a tree and picked the top one up. She cleaned it off in a bucket of drinking water, not bothering to dry it, and started munching on it slowly while sitting on a large log.

Being surrounded by the calmness nature, she finally felt like she had the peace and quiet she required to think through everything that had happened in the last few days. She thought about her friend, Anna, and how worried she must've been to wake up and see her friend missing, with the window open as the only clue to where she'd gone. And her poor mother who must have been worried to death, crying and praying to anyone who would listen to bring her only baby back home.

Maybe they think I'm dead, Mia wondered dourly, her heart feeling like a dead weight in her chest. Maybe they've already given up searching.

"Are you ok?"

Mia jumped and turned around to face Thomas. She was surprised to find her cheeks wet and stained with tears and hurriedly wiped them away, embarrassed and flustered and in no mood to talk about her emotions to anyone.

Thomas walked over with a genuine sorrow-filled look in his eyes and sat down next to her, sighing. "Do you want to talk about it?" His voice was quiet, like a whisper, and reminded her so much of Anna that it physically hurt.

"It's nothing important," Mia replied quickly and sniffled. She forced her emotions back with the promise that she'd return home in, at the most, a month. "Just some emotional, girly stuff you wouldn't want to talk about."

There was a pause and Mia could feel his stare on her temple. "Can I give you some advice?" Thomas asked and Mia nodded. "If I didn't want to talk about it, I wouldn't be asking."

Mia sighed and rubbed her puffy red eyes, looking up at the trees. "You're right. I'm sorry," she said. "I just figured, since you're a boy and all, you wouldn't want to talk about things like this." She felt wrong and sexist saying it, but it was the whole truth.

If this was a boy at her high school that she was talking to, she knew for a fact that he would've been laughing at her for being so emotional and 'girly'. Thankfully, that wasn't the case here, and Thomas smiled at her as if he found her reply funny.

He chuckled. "That's what most boys want you to believe." Thomas turned his body to face her and rested his hands in his lap. "So, miss, please do tell me what you were thinking about to make you so melancholy," he said in a horrible fake British accent, making her laugh.

"You're terrible at accents," Mia said in a perfect Irish accent. One of her best friends from preschool was from a large city in Ireland, so Mia had become a master at the distinct accent.

"Hey!" he whined childishly, shoving her shoulder. "I did a British accent; not a Scottish accent."

Mia pursed her lips, holding in a grin. "That was Irish, but good guess."

Thomas rolled his eyes. "What's the difference? They both sound the same."

Mia scoffed, more like snorted, at him.

"First off, there's a big difference," Mia told him, holding up her pointer finger. Her middle one followed it so she was holding them both up. "Second, no they don't."

He stuck his tongue out at her and she did the same.

"So are you gonna tell me?" Thomas asked with a hint of amusement after their laughter died down. There was also some nervousness, but probably only because he never got the chance to be around girls a lot or talk about feelings.

Mia calmed down and looked at him. "Uh, I guess so." She played with her fingers and looked down at them. "I was thinking about home," Mia answered quietly.

Thomas's grin fell from his face as he averted his gaze down at the soil by their feet. "Oh," was all he whispered. Thomas cleared his throat and looked back up at her. "Don't mention your home in front of Pan. He'll have you locked up or worse for that."

"Why?"

He didn't answer and instead found interest in playing in the dirt underneath his boots.

"Thomas?"

"Mhm," he mumbled, sounding sleepy.

"What was your home like?"

Thomas instantly tensed and relaxed before looking up at the woods and the sun that was beginning to peek through their branches and emerald leaves. "I don't really remember much," he responded honestly, his eyebrows lowered so there were lines between them.

"What about you mother?" Mia questioned, wondering how anyone could forget where they originally came from. It was obvious he was from somewhere in Russia from his accent, but it confused her how he could so easily forget his childhood home. "Don't you remember your own mother?"

Thomas thought for a while and seemed to have a hard time remembering from how frustrated he appeared to be. "Sometimes I think I hear her in my dreams, talking and singing to me," he said, his voice cracking at the end of his sentence and making Mia's eyes involuntarily lower. "I remember her having dark hair and bright eyes like mine." Thomas's eyes filled with tears and Mia put her hand on his shoulder, rubbing her thumb soothingly in circles. "But then she got sick and my father..." Thomas couldn't finish his sentence as he recalled the violent memories of his past and Mia pulled him in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close. "I'm sorry," he mumbled into her shoulder.

"Don't be. I shouldn't have asked," Mia replied hugging him tighter.

"No. It's ok," Thomas said and pulled back, rubbing his puffy eyes. "It just reminds me that even though it's horrible here, at least I'm not there."

Mia looked back down, too ashamed and guilty to admit that she enjoyed her home life and had a very good one. It wasn't close to perfection, but it was hers and that was all that mattered.

"What's your family like?" Thomas asked, obviously trying to divert the conversation from himself to her.

"My dad passed away when I was five and ever since then, my mom and I have kinda drifted apart. But that doesn't mean we stopped loving each other," Mia said. "We just never talk. My mom is always off doing things for work. I go to school, do my homework, and only come downstairs when needed like to eat dinner and stuff. It's our routine."

"Oh," Thomas said and rested his hand on her knee reassuringly. "That doesn't sound fun." He frowned. 

"It isn't," Mia agreed, nodding. "But, like I said, we never stopped loving each other. We just... aren't as close as we used to be."

There was a sudden rustling in the bushes and Thomas reached for his knife that Mia didn't realize he had while his other arm wrapped protectively around her. They both relaxed slightly when Pan walked through with his usual smirk plastered on his face. However, Mia was anything but relieved to see him.

I wish it was a bear, Mia thought, not entirely exaggerating.

"Great," Mia muttered under her breath sarcastically. "Mr. Smirk-boy is back."

"Smirk-boy?" Thomas asked her in a whisper, not being able to contain the slight chuckle in his voice.

"It's the quickest thing I could come up with without cursing."

Thomas key out a loud, barking laugh but quieted when Pan walked by, giving them each an evil look as if to say 'knock it off'. But Mia knew what he was saying. He was reminding her of his warning.

"Thomas," Mia said as soon as she was sure Pan had entered Hangman's Tree and was out of earshot, "what happened to Pan? Why is he such a... You-know?"

Thomas sucked in a breath and looked all around to make sure there weren't any lost boys around before settling his eyes on her own. "Nobody knows for sure. All I know is that he became this way right after Wendy died."

"Because he loved her," Mia guessed.

"Perhaps. But I don't think that was it," Thomas replied, shrugging. "I believe there is more to the story than he's letting on." Thomas leaned over so that his lips were a centimeter from her ear. "The greatest advice I can give to you right now, Amalia, is to not get close to Pan. He's not stable."

Mia shivered from the product of how close he was and the warning in his tone mixed together. "I would never befriend such a person."

Thomas nodded, not making a move to move his face away from her. "Good. That means you're already learning the first rule of Neverland: Never, ever get close to Peter Pan."

⋆✶

Mia started picking berries with a boy named Rupert who was very shy at first but quickly got comfortable with her and never seemed to shut his mouth except to breathe.

"...so then there was this mermaid and a crocodile fighting each other..."

Mia tuned out and focused on not cutting her finger on the thorns.

"Where is Captain Hook?" Mia asked abruptly, cutting Rupert off in mid sentence.

Rupert, his eyes wide with fear and confusion, closed and reopened his mouth every few seconds. For once, he was speechless. "Um... Pan has him locked up near Mermaid Lagoon somewhere. Why?"

"I was just wondering. I'd like to know a few things about this place since I'm going to be here for a while," Mia answered dismissively, purposefully making herself sound bored while her mind worked a thousand miles a second.

"You want to know more about the island?" Rupert said and Mia nodded. "What would you like to know?" He grinned, his normal persona returning.

She turned to face him. "Where's Tinkerbelle?"

"Nobody knows for sure. Pan banished her a while back and so she just kinda roams the island. Every once and a while a few boys will return from hunting and claim that they saw her. We don't know for sure if they really did see her though. She keeps herself well hidden in the jungle," Rupert replied. "But I, like all the other boys, think Pan still keeps in touch with her just to keep watch on everyone on the island."

"I've got another question," Mia stated.

Rupert nodded for her to continue. "Shoot."

"Is there any other way to get off this island?"

He flinched as if she'd slapped him. "Sorry. I couldn't tell you even if there is. Pan is secretive about stuff like that."

Mia let out a sigh and leaned her head back against a tree, looking up at its full branches.

"But there are a few people I've heard of that might know," Rupert continued slowly and made Mia perk up. "Tink I'm sure would know since she left the island all the time. She's your best bet because her and Pan were best friends before... whatever happened."

She let out a groan. "But I have no idea where she is or how to find her."

"Well there is one more person who would know but you probably wouldn't want to talk to him anyways..."

"No. Tell me," Mia encouraged.

"James."

⋆✶

"Mia, you're the craziest person I've ever met!" Thomas almost shouted.

"Hush," Mia told him. "Somebody might hear you!"

"Sorry. But I just don't understand why the hell you can't you just stay here until your month is up?" he said as a question, following close on her heel as she marched through camp.

"Because I don't belong here," Mia answered. "And I can't help but feel like Pan is hiding something."

"It's Pan. Of course he's hiding something!" Thomas threw his hands up in exasperation.

"Ok. I get your point," Mia said, stopping. "But you're the only friend I've got here and Pan has already threatened me about our friendship."

"What? Why?" Thomas said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because he thinks we..." she trailed off, lowering her head, and finishing her sentence in a whisper, "fancy each other."

Realization overcame Thomas's face and Mia noticed his cheeks turn a bright red. "Why would he think that?"

"I don't know. Why don't you ask him yourself?"

"No, thank you. I quite enjoy something called not dying. And I'd like to do it for as long as I possibly can. But thanks for the offer," Thomas responded, sarcasm dripping in large amounts from his voice.

"He can't be that bad." Mia knew she was lying to herself as soon as the words left her mouth.

"Fine. If he's 'not that bad' then... I dare you to ask him for a tour of the island," Thomas said and smirked.

"Um..." Mia stuttered. "That's a terrible idea. Maybe another time."

Thomas's head flew back and his chest shook as he let out a long and loud laugh. "You're too soft for your own good, Amalia." He wiped away a tear dramatically. "Fine. If you won't do it, I'll goad him into giving you a tour."

"Are you crazy?" Mia said harshly and shook her head.

"Not as much as you," he replied. "Come with me! It can't be that bad," he mocked her, making his voice a high pitch.

Thomas grabbed her arm and started dragging her across camp while Mia tried to get out of his grasp and thrashed around wildly. But it was no use. He was too strong from all his years of being on the island.

Mia coward behind his back when they came to stand in front of Pan all too soon.

"What is it?" Pan asked annoyedly, tapping his foot.

"I would like to take our dear, Amalia, on a tour of the island," Thomas told him, trying desperately to hold back his amused grin.

Pan tried to take a look at Mia but she was far too hidden behind Thomas's back.

"So?" Pan scoffed.

"I would like your permission to then have a picnic with her on a hill near Dead Man's Peak under the stars," Thomas said and gave him a wink.

Mia glowered at his clothed back.

Pan's eye twitched. "No," he stated. "You may not do such a thing."

"Oh, darn," Thomas then said and Mia hit him in the centre of his back. "But Amalia was so excited and I did promise her that she'd get a tour one way or another. And I, like yourself, am a boy of my word. But–"

Pan silenced him with just a wave of his hand in the same way he would swat away a fly. "Enough, Thomas." Pan reached over and pulled Mia out from behind Thomas's back, taking her by surprise. "I will show our little lost girl the necessary parts of the island before she starts training tomorrow with the other boys. Be off. Now."

Mia caught sight of Thomas snickering and she mouthed to him 'I hate you'. Thomas stuck his tongue out at her and disappeared into the forest, still laughing.

"Well?" asked Pan expectingly down at her.

"'Well' what?" Mia replied, lifting a brow.

"Are you coming?" he said.

"Oh right," Mia said and felt her face turn red in embarrassment. "Sorry."

Pan rolled his eyes and started walking off into the forest, a little too fast for Mia's liking since her strides were so much smaller than his.

"Where are we going first?" Mia questioned shyly, a little breathlessly since she was still struggling to keep up with him.

"First we're going to Cannibal Cove," Pan answered monotonous. "And do try to keep up, won't you?"

Oh, now he's just being cruel.

She huffed in agitation, making his lips quirk upwards. "Sorry. It's just... I don't exactly have any clothes that are appropriate for a walk in the jungle," Mia told him and gestured to her loose top and boy shorts.

Pan frowned, stopping in his tracks suddenly and almost making Mia trip on a root right into him. "Girls," he groaned and rubbed his temples. "We'll see if there's any clothes for you on Hook's ship and maybe even some...feminine items."

Mia's jaw slackened and she started to blush. "O-ok," she replied and crossed her arms over her chest in a protective manner.

"Don't worry about it. I've been seventeen for a while now," Pan chuckled at Mia's flustered state.

"And how long would that be?"

Pan paused and then said, "Let's just say, a very—very—long time. C'mon. We better keep moving."

⋆✶

Mia gaped at the large ship docked in front of her on the beach.

The sails were torn and the woods looked molded, covered in rotting barnacles, and looked like it needed immense repair.

Pan stood next to her smirking up at the large craft.

"What happened?"

Pan's smirk widened. "Hook betrayed me. So I killed all of his crew and am keeping him hostage in my dungeons."

"How-How long will he be locked up?" Mia asked timidly, not surprised at all to hear he had a place to keep prisoners.

"Until forever ends," was his response.

Pan walked forward and grasped Mia's hand.

She instantly pulled her hand out of his much larger one but Pan grabbed it again, glowering at her like a parent would scold their child.

"You might want to hold on for this," he said and was quick to grab her other hand before making his next move which took Mia by complete, utter surprise.

Mia screamed and shut her eyes as she felt her and Pan leave the ground and shoot up into the air. Pan crowed with laughter and joy, something he seemed to do every time she was screaming in fright. She wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her head into his chest, still screaming.

It felt like forever before Mia felt the floor beneath their feet and she opened her eyes and looked up at Pan, still holding onto him for dear life and not trusting her shaky legs to support her. He looked down at her and raised a questioning eyebrow.

Mia's whole body was shaking and she accidentally breathed in his comforting scent while trying to calm herself down. He smelled like pinecones and a hint of something sweet like a fruit Mia had never smelled before.

"Are you... smelling me?" Pan asked and looked at her weirdly, but not without a hint of his usual cocky amusement.

"No," Mia lied and pulled back, embarrassed.

They were standing on what was left of the main deck of the ship and Mia took that time to take in her surroundings.

"Welcome to Cannibal Cove," Pan said and walked down the deck's stairs.

Mia followed him shortly and down a second set of stairs to the lowest deck and into a large bedroom. The master bedroom, which probably was Hook's once when he terrorized the seas of all the twelve realms until he got stranded in Neverland after a ruthless betrayal.

Pan handed her a bundle of clothes that he retrieved from the large room, a king-sized bed in its center that still had red bed sheets, although now with a layer of dust, sprawled across it. It was in pretty good shape considering the damage on the outside of the ship.

"Try these on," Pan told her and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

Mia sat down on the bed and sighed in content, running her hands along the velvety material. It was so warm and comfortable compared to her bed back in Pan's camp, that she just wanted to stay there with the dust and all, cuddled in the sheets forever.

Finally, she got up and slipped on a pair of tight black leggings and tight, white blouse with a pair of boots that felt like they were made specifically for her.

She put them aside in a pile for clothes that fit, and put the clothes that didn't fit her into the second pile.

Mia tried many other clothes, surprised that there were so many. She kept the one pair of brown leather knee high boots that were a size too big and slipped on an old fashioned white blouse, brown corset, and black leather leggings.

She wondered if all these belonging once were Hook's lover's, but didn't dwell on that thought for long. Because if he ever did have a woman by his side, maybe even one he loved, that meant that she was most likely dead and that Pan killed her.

She piled all the other clothes that fit into her arms, opened the door, handed them to Pan, and shut the door in his taken aback face before he could say anything. Mia smiled when she heard him let out an annoyed groan and mutter something that she couldn't hear.

"Let's see what else you've got in here," she muttered under her breath.

Mia opened a door on the other side of the room and found a walk in closet. Inside she found a bag that she used to put perfume, hair accessories, and other objects she might need into. She also found a dagger that she easily slipped inside her boot. Mia looked in the large mirror on the door and didn't recognize the girl staring back at her.

Surely that can't be me, she thought. The girl in front of her looked like she wasn't afraid of anything when in reality the real Mia was just a shy nerd who was afraid of almost everything.

Mia took out the clean brush she found and combed her hair until she was satisfied that her hair had no unwanted tangles. She took out an old fashioned mascara wand, dipped it into a separate pot full of black liquid that she assumed it was meant for, and dabbed a layer on her eyelashes before walking out.

Pan's eyes shot up at her new appearance. "Wow. You look," he paused and cleared his throat, "different."

"Is that bad?" Mia asked smiling lopsidedly at him, liking that he was the flustered one for once.

"No. It's a good different," he responded truthfully and looked her up and down, clearing his throat once more when he noticed that the line of her cleavage was now partially visible beneath the low collar of the white blouse.

"Thanks," Mia said in a stage whisper, blushing.

Pan ran his fingers through his hair to clear his head. "Do you want to see Mermaid Lagoon or Crocodile Creek first?"

"Mermaid Lagoon," Mia answered and ran up the stairs to the upper deck excitedly.

So he did.

Pan showed Mia small parts of the island and gave her directions of how to get there. He even showed her the hunting grounds, where she'd train, and the trails that lead to places where she should never go unless she wished to die.

He told her about how the Red Skins were a blood thirsty people who wore the skulls of their victims around their necks and he ordered her never to go near their tribe on the western part of the island.

Pan also explained to her that mermaids were not evil and only would drown people if they felt threatened and how if you befriended them, they would drown whoever threatened you. Mia quickly could tell that not many of the mermaids liked Pan. Some even tried to grab his ankles and 'take him for a swim'. But they seemed to take a liking to Mia and even made comments in their angelic voice about how much they liked her hair and how pretty she was.

Mia also got the chance to see some of Pixie Hollow along with a few fairies, although they seemed to try to stay the farthest they could from Pan. Some rogue ones had come to her curiously but scurried off swiftly as a ball of yellow light.

"So how'd you like the tour?" Pan asked as they made their way back to camp.

"It actually didn't suck," Mia answered with a teasing grin.

Pan snickered, rolling his eyes. "You're welcome."

"Thank you, Señor Pan," Mia said sincerely with a hint of sarcasm while rolling her eyes.

Without another word, she took her new clothes from his hands and practically skipped into camp, having enough Pan for the day.

⋆✶

Pan stared at Mia from across the large bonfire and clenched his fist until they turned white.

Mia laughed as Thomas cracked another one of his silly jokes and playfully shoved him on the shoulder.

Pan looked down with a frown.

Mia might have been blind to his intentions, but everyone else saw the way Thomas looked at her and how he would lick his lips every time their hands touched.

And when his gaze lingered on her lips for too long...

Pan growled to himself. He would not accept that. She was on his island and in his camp. Mia was his, temporary or not.

Pan leaned over to James and whispered in his ear, "Bring Thomas to my tent once the fire is out." He stood up and brushed himself off. "It's time I have a chat with him."

James nodded his head, not questioning him in the slightest, and Pan walked off towards his tent with a smirk playing at his lips.

⋆✶

Mia happily told Thomas all she had seen on her tour with Pan and how he actually wasn't as annoying or rude as she thought he'd be. She gave him a small show and tell of all the things she found on the boat, including her new clothes.

Thomas smiled and watched her the entire time, listening to her every word.

That's what Mia liked most about Thomas. He took his time to listen—really listen.

Mia stopped talking and noticed Thomas had a weird look on his face, his eyes narrowed and lips pursed like he'd eaten an unripe lemon.

"What is it?" Mia asked, worried.

"Pan is staring."

Mia looked over and sure enough Pan was looking right at her. He smiled when he saw her look at him and then whispered something to James before walking away towards his 'secret tent' where he kept all of his maps and essentials.

"What's his problem?" Mia said, watching Pan's retreating back until it disappeared into the forest.

"Maybe he's the one that really fancies you," Thomas suggested with a distasteful frown. He didn't like the thought of that at all.

"Ew. No way," Mia replied and scrunched up her face, shaking her head. "He's too controlling... and, not to mention, evil. Besides, I'm leaving in less than a month. I'll go to college, meet someone, get a job, and start my own family. Something that Pan would never do. So it's a definite no."

Thomas perked up at what she'd said, his heart beat quickening anxiously. Would she want to share all these things with him?

"I always wanted to have a family of my own," Thomas managed to muster out and looked down in embarrassment. He'd never really had a biological family and always dreamed of creating his own, so he could treat his children like he'd wanted to be treated.

"How long have you been on this island?" Mia questioned, trying to change the subject.

"Almost two hundred years. Maybe longer," Thomas said and rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of what her response would be.

Mia's eyes widened in surprise and looked down at the ground. "O-Oh." She stuttered. "That's a... long time."

"Not as long as Pan. He's probably been here a millennium at least," Thomas stated and chuckled at the end as an attempt to lighten the mood.

Three boys put out the fire with moist soil, the camp ground suddenly going as dark as pitch. That didn't stop them though, and Mia and Thomas continued talking until someone cleared their throat from behind.

"Pan wishes to speak to you in his tent," James said coldly to Thomas, shooting him icy glares.

Thomas, not showing his dread and shock since he didn't want Mia to worry, stood up and gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll see you tomorrow, ok?"

Mia nodded, gnawing her lower lip between her teeth. Just as Thomas turned to walk away, Mia shot up and wrapped her arms around his neck muttering, "Thank you," to him.

"For what?" He blushed, not caring what James or any of the Lost Boys thought if they saw him.

"For being my friend. I don't know what I'd do here without you," Mia answered truthfully with a shy grin.

Thomas pulled away from her grasp. "Can't keep Pan waiting." He gave Mia a short, friendly kiss that lingered on her forehead and walked with James to Pan's tent.

⋆✶

Thomas, on his hands and knees, groaned in pain and had a bitter, iron taste in his mouth as he spat out his own blood.

Pan waved his hand over him, casting a spell to make him appear normal but feel the pain as of all his bruises, broken bones, and cuts were still there.

"Mia is mine, Thomas," Pan said with a blank face, staring down at one of his most trusted lost boys.

"Mia is nobody's," Thomas snarled and tried to stand up.

Before he could, Pan kicked him in the stomach, making him double over in pain screaming.

"As long as she's on this island she is," Pan shot back. "Know your place, boy. Or you may just lose your position as my third in command."

"Yes, Pan," Thomas croaked weakly and fell back limp on the ground, breathing heavily as he tried to catch his breath.

Satisfied with his work, Pan walked out of his tent far enough that Thomas's groans of pain were a mere echo against the trees.

James was leaning against a lone tree, tossing his dagger up and down in perfect rhythm like he did so many times.

Pan walked by and nodded at James and earned a respectful nod back in return.

"Keep an eye on him. Make sure he doesn't tell anyone of what has happened tonight. You hear?" Pan demanded, knowing full well that James would do anything he said.

"Yes, Pan," James replied monotonously, but with a visible spark in his eye that Pan always used to his advantage. He nodded again, and turned to walk back to camp when—

"Oh, and, James."

He let out a shutter. "Yes, Pan?"

"Keep an eye on Mia," Pan told him, making his back stiffen at her name. "Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid and kill herself. I'd like to take her back home alive and well."

James, full of jealousy and spite, replied, "Of course, Pan."

⋆✶

Mia listened to the chorus of soft snores from the lost boys and waited.

Thomas still had not come back and she had started to get worried, her mind and heart working too hard for her to even be tired.

The faint sound of crickets could be heard along with the birds outside. Mia could hear the rustling of the large tree's branches and leaves and heard it creak a few times because of strong wind.

Just as she was about to get up and go check on Thomas herself, a miracle happened.

Finally, like an answered prayer, the sound of footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs and she closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep until he was standing next to their bunk bed.

Through squinted eyes, she saw Thomas climb up the ladder to his bed with struggle as if he was in pain although she saw no visible wounds. Perhaps he was just tired, she assumed.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could also see Pan in the doorway watching him with a glare that could kill. Mia closed her eyes all the way after she accidentally made eye contact with Pan who was looking straight at her knowingly. After minutes had passed with her heart thundering in her chest, knowing she'd been caught, she could still feel his gaze. Opening her eyes with a sigh, sure enough he was still in the doorway watching her.

"Get some sleep," he whispered, using his magic so his voice travelled to only her ears so he wouldn't disturb the boys. "You have your first day of training tomorrow."

Mia nodded silently and turned on her side so that her back was facing him. When she looked over her shoulder to look at that spot in doorway one last time, he was gone.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Thanks for reading!
Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
I know there's nothing very exciting going on yet. But next chapter things should get... interesting. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 28 15
✅Completed ✅ 💥editing💥 16 year old Wendy Darlings life is turned upside down when a tragic fire destroys her life losing her parents leaving her to...
45.5K 887 20
💚Under Editing Seperately💚 Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...
89K 1.8K 30
Unlike many young maidens, Jill had lived her entire life on the sea. She never wore dresses with frills and flowery bonnets, instead she wore tough...
18.7K 660 37
This is the truth of a story you know all too well. Peter Pan. But this Neverland is not what you expect. It has dark secrets hiding in every corner...