Nerd Of The Year ( Published...

By MsBookAddict

Who is a nerd ?? A person who is a bookworm ? Someone who wears big glasses ?? A loner ??? Meet Neveah Gail H... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32-part 1
Chapter 32-part 2
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Bonus 1
Bonus 2
The Greatest Announcement Of All Time!!!
Bonus book.
Interview with a Magazine

Chapter 5

348K 8.6K 2.1K
By MsBookAddict

This one is for you

Chapter 5

Easton's Pov

The next day was full of drama. Alden wanted to show that he doesn't need a mate, so he was roaming around with a different girl in a different class. I felt bad for Melissa. Even though I was irritated by her stalking abilities, the pain of rejection was bad. It is heart breaking for the wolf and the human to some extent.  

I was not one of those guys who would reject their mate to stay single or because she was not hot. Fate on that case had blessed me. A mate is a gift of nature as sappy as that sounds.  

I had my own issues to work on. I have to make Neveah love me which is near to impossible. The girls loves no one except her mother.  

We were all standing in the parking lot when Melissa and Neveah came, my mate was looking hot in those shorts of hers with her tan legs showing. I couldn't help but imagine how they would feel wrapped around mine. Neveah had started hanging out with Melissa again after Alden rejected her.  

Liam came behind Melissa and started flirting with her. Liam was human and has no idea about Melissa and Alden. The bad part was that Melissa started flirting back with him. I know that Alden rejected her but flirting with other guys in front of him will agitate his wolf, but then again he has been doing it since morning.  

Liam and Melissa were about to kiss when Alden stormed there and broke them up.  

'What are you doing?' I have never seen Alden this angry. 

'Can't you see, they were trying to kiss?' Neveah shouldn't have replied, this would anger Alden's wolf. I heard Melissa reply something. 

I then heard Liam and Neveah giggle. It was a beautiful sound.  

So I turned to look at her. There was mischief in her eyes. The next thing I see is Alden chocking my mate. 

How dare he! Who was he to touch my mate? This had my wolf very angry. I went to them as fast as I could. I pulled him off my mate making him fall away. I didn't care if anyone would see that. She was chocking and coughing, her whole face was red.  

Right now all I wanted to do was to kill Alden. I turned to him and started punching him and kicking him. he tried to fight back but he was no match for my strength. I wanted to shift but couldn't, not in front of so many humans.  

He was about to die when Xavier and some other from my pack pulled me away. I looked at my mate to see that she was loosing consciousness. This cannot be good.  

'Neveah.'  

My cry echoed all over the lot.  

Melissa was hovering over her making me snarl out at her. She was the reason all of this was happening.  

I quickly took her to the hospital and admitted her. I made Melissa call Gina. I have never felt this angry all my life. I had told Xavier to keep Alden in the basement. He was going to die and very slowly.  

I also felt anger towards myself, if I was a better mate, Neveah wouldn't be lying on a hospital bed. I should take better care of her, especially because she is human. They are weak compared to us.  

Gina came after sometime with tears on her face. She spotted me and came running towards me, 'where is my daughter?'  

'The doctor is treating her.' 

Gina started sobbing at that. Seeing the pain in her eyes made me want to kill Alden as quickly as possible.  

'She will be alright Gina, she is too stubborn.'  

She smiled a bit at that, 'she is, isn't she?'  

'She will be alright.' I said it more to myself than to her.  

The doctor came out after some time. 

'Ms. Huber is alright, she fainted due to lack of air supply. Mind telling me what happened? I see handprints on her neck.' 

'A guy tried to choke her Doc.' I heard Gina gasp at that.  

'I think you should inform the concerned authorities.' 

'Don't worry doc, I'll take care of this.' There was a dark edge to my voice and I know that both the ladies hear it. Doesn't matter. What matters to me is Alden's death.  

He did the biggest mistake my harming a human who happens to be his Luna. Such crimes are not forgiven.  

'Is it possible for us to visit her?' I desperately wanted to see her awake and those brown eyes full of life.  

'Sure, but she will regain conciousness after some time.' 

'Thank you Doctor.' 

'You are welcome. Take care of her and make sure it doesn't happen again.' She didn't need to say that. I will always take care of her.

Gina and me went to her. She was looking peaceful in her sleep. Gina went and kissed her head and cheek. I was tempted to do the same but if Neveah comes to know about it later, I will have to pay badly.  

'I should leave now. Update me on her health.' 

'Sure Easton, thank you.' 

'Nothing to thank.'

I then left for my house. Alden was there along with some people of the pack. They were curious as to what had happened to make me so angry. Now I will have to tell them that I have found my mate which I was hoping wouldn't be anytime soon, but fate had different ideas. 

'What did my son do? You may be the alpha but you cannot treat my son this way. You have to apologize to him.' this is what I have been hearing since I have arrived home. My father was out of the country on business so I have to handle this alone.  

'Your son did a unforgivable crime and he will pay for this,' I said in the alpha tone which left no room for argument. 

'Where is he?' I questioned Xavier. 

'In the pharmacy.' 

'Bring him here.'

We all were waiting for Alden to arrive. He came after some time on a wheelchair with Xavier and Melissa on his sides. Melissa looked tired and sad. No matter how wrong your mate is, you can't help but love them irrespective of whether they show the love back or not. 

'I am sorry alpha.' 

'You are sorry for what?' 

'For manhandling a human.' 

'You should be sorry for manhandling your Luna, Neveah.' I heard Melissa gasp and also the guys from school whisper.  

'What? She is not the Luna.' 

'Are you telling me I can't identify my own mate?' How dare he? 

'I DIDN'T KNOW.'  

How dare he raise his voice at me and that too after physically harming my mate? 

'Do not raise your voice at me Alden, I am your alpha. For your crime, you are banished from this pack. You are now officially not a part of this pack.' 

'No alpha, please forgive our son. He did not know about the Luna. Please give him a chance, please sir.'  

I had no idea what to do. Alden's parents were good loyal people. Technically, he didn't know that Neveah is my mate. No one knew it till now.  

'Alright, he can stay in the pack but he is not allowed to be near the Luna among other punishments and also, there will be legal action which will go in his records.' If he thinks that I will leave him this easily, then he is mistaken. He was legal so he may have to spend time in the prison and that was much better than my original punishment. 

My wolf was still angry that I let him alive but I had no other choice. Killing Alden will Melissa which will in turn hurt Nev and I can't let that happen. The mate thing was turning me into a caring young girl!

'I would like to inform the pack that I have found the Luna but she is human, so it will take time for her to adapt to our environment and way of life. She will presented to the pack when she is ready.' The pack was happy that I had found the alpha female so soon. Usually it takes from months to years for other alphas.

I have to admit, I was lucky indeed.

Neveah's Pov 

I woke up in a strange place where everything was freaking white. At first everything was a blur. After focusing my eye lens, I was able to identify Ma and that I was in the hospital. 

'Wh-what happened?' 

'Miss Huber, I am your doctor. Can you tell me, what is the last thing that you remember?' I turned away from Ma to look at a middle-aged woman in scrubs.  

All the events came rushing in. Me asking Liam to help, Melissa and Liam flirting, Alden interrupting their kiss and trying to kill me. 

'Alden.' 

'Is that the guy who did this to you?' I looked up in the eyes of the doctor. 

'Yes. Who brought me to the hospital?' 

'Easton Dale.' It was Ma who answered now. 

Easton Eugene Dale? Wow! The guy is acting real weird. 

'You should thank him later. He was the one who pulled Alden off you.' Really mother? 

'Do you want to register a complaint?' The doctor looked quite concerned looking at my neck. That is when I realized that there were hand impressions on my neck which were now turning red and purple. 

'I need time to think.'  

'Sure take your time but I suggest that you complain. The things which he did are not to be taken lightly. Meanwhile I'll prepare your discharge papers. You can leave now but I'll give you some painkillers which I expect you to take for the next three days.'  

Thank God. 

'Thank you Doctor.'  

She smiled at me and then left. 

Mom came and sat on the edge of my bed. Even I tried to get up and sit. 

'Don't stress yourself.' I looked at Ma to see dried tears and her face looked dull. 

'How long have I been out Ma.' 

'Almost a three hours. Thank God nothing happened to you. Nevvy, do you want to issue a complaint? If you want, I can start the legal proceedings.' 

Suddenly the door burst open, and in came a flustered Brian. 

'Brian what are you doing here?' 

'You forgot to inform me that our daughter is in the hospital Gina? I came to know from the reception at the firm.' He didn't sound angry, just sad. He even said "our daughter." 

'I am sorry Brian, I was so scared that I just.... I just came here. I am really sorry.'  

'Hey, I understand. It's alright.' He hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. I smiled looking at them. My Ma was no longer alone. 

'Are you alright kiddo? I swear I almost had a heart attack.' He smiled a bit but then his face dark, 'what do you plan to do about the guy who did this to you? Lucky thing both your parents are lawyers. We will make sure that he does not see the light of the day again ever.'  

I raised my eyebrow at that, 'Both my parents? Did you two get married or something?'  

'Not yet, but I asked her yesterday and your mother said yes but she has a condition,' I cut him out, 'You have my blessings, Dad.' The way happiness graced his face was unbelievable.  

'I will be the best father ever, Neveah but that is not the condition. She wants to stay in the house which you both are staying at after we get married.' I knew why. The house which we are living in belonged to grandma. It was the only remaining thing of grandma and Ma loved her very much, a bit more than me. 

'So what is the problem?'  

'You don't have any problem with me staying with you?' 

'As long as you both are not loud, I don't mind.' Mom blushed at that while Brain smiled.  

'Thank you.' 

'Nothing to thank.' 

The discharge papers were issued by then so I get to go home. The school was already informed of and they advised me to stay at home as long as it is necessary.  

The next day Brian was moving in, so the whole house was messed up. I always thought that guys have very few things and they can easily move in. 

I never realized how wrong I was until today. 

Brian had a whole lot of things! 

I had never felt that the house was small because it was not. But now I was seriously doubting the size of the house. We have to turn one whole bedroom as a closet for both Brian and Ma.  

At last, all the movers finished the job and their room was set. 

We were going to have a simple family dinner with take out pizza since we were all tired to cook. We were all watching the television when the doorbell rang. Brian went to get it.  

'Hey kid, some friends are here from school.'  

Friends? 

I don't have friends and I doubt Melissa will come here because she did not even visit me in the hospital considering the fact that I was at the hospital because of her. But then again she didn't know that Alden would react this way.

I went out to see two people who I never thought would be standing outside my door.

Easton and Alden.

***************************

So here is Chapter 5. a big thank you for all the people who voted and commented. I didn't know that there are so many people reading my book. 

A big thank you again. I did check the mistakes, sorry if there are any.

A big thank you to

indescribable_sights

Sammymarie

skg1993

starlightswift64

xXADreamingRealityXx

jaspreetmultani615

mermaid2699

for adding my book in your reading list. Hope you all enjoy this chapter

Just a question: I want to make a new cover does anyone have any ideas ??

Vote

Comment

Fan

SUPRAJA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 5.5K 11
High school, some people love it, some people hate it. Levi is someone who hates it. She has pretty excellent grades, a good amount a friends but sh...
Always ✔ By KIRA

Teen Fiction

285K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...
25.9K 819 26
Another role play between @LibbyLou814 and I. (She's Nini and I'm Ricky, and we fill in for the rest). Nini Salazar-Roberts: The definition of a "ner...
18.7K 388 38
She's a bad girl, He's a nerd. Opposites attract, at least that's what they say. Haley Jones just doesn't give a shit. The stares, the comments abou...