Poison《Vampire Luke Hemmings》

By 3-read21

[COMPLETED] My breathing increased as I could feel my body tremble from the monster in front of me. He smirke... More

Disclaimer
Prologue: Dusk Falls
Chapter 1 Purity
Chapter 2 Two Paths of Life
Chapter 3 Light Creates Shadow
Chapter 4 Darkness and Light
Chapter 5 Dealing with Stress
Chapter 6 A Shot in the Dark
Chapter 7 Evading Darkness
Chapter 8 The Land Void of Light
Chapter 9 Silver Love
Chapter 10 Day of the Rising Sun
Chapter 11 The Shift from Day to Night
Chapter 12 The Broken Oath
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 13 Dimmed Light
Chapter 14 The Blind Dove
Chapter 15 Broken Glass
Chapter 16 Contrast
Chapter 17 Shadows in the Back
Chapter 18 The Solar Eclipse
Chapter 19 Midnight
Chapter 20 The Devil's Game
Chapter 21 The Darkness Inside
Chapter 22 Staring at Death
Chapter 23 When Dawn meets Dusk
Chapter 24 A Day in the Dark
Chapter 26 A Lesson on Darkness
Chapter 27 Oil and Water
Chapter 28 Rise of the Night
Chapter 29 Ever Changing Night
Chapter 30 The Delivery
A/N
Chapter 31 Marigolds
Chapter 32 She
Chapter 33 When the Moon Rises
Chapter 34 Night Sky
Chapter 35 Seeing Red
Chapter 36 Daylight
Chapter 37 Phoenix
Chapter 38 The Warning Shot
Chapter 39 Twirling Rose
Chapter 40 Enlightenment
Chapter 41 The Black Dove
Chapter 42 Dawn Rises
I got some explaining to do

Chapter 25 The Crimson Age

511 18 6
By 3-read21

Michael Clifford as Michael Clifford

His fangs, like daggers, penetrated my pale skin as I felt a surging pain flow throughout my body. His hands gripped on my arms as his body pinned me against the green dumpster. Everything felt still and silent, as if the screams I was emitting were non existent and I felt my strength decrease, along with the blood in my veins, with each passing moment.

The boy's grip suddenly released as he sprung away from me coughing up the blood he had taken. His legs gave out as he backed away from me and fell to the floor, gagging. My breathing grew sporadic as my hand felt the fresh bite on my neck. My fingers became coated in my own crimson liquid as my legs felt weak and I leaned against the dumpster for support. I started to slowly back away from the coughing demon in front of me, hoping to evade another vampire in my life, but my body was uncooperative. To be attacked by a vampire is one thing, but to be attacked by two in the span of twenty four hours was another.

The red haired boy seized his coughing fit as his merlot eyes gazed at me, fear and anger present in them. "You're one of them", he said bitterly. My breathing hitched as my back slammed against the dumpter once again and the new vampire stood in front of me. His height towered over me as he had to bend his back a bit to get his face just inches from mine. His red orbs bore into my soul as I felt his cool breath against my face. "I didn't think there were many of you left", he said, a frown etched on his face. My arms were pinned by his strong hands as he lifted them over my head and grabbed my wrists with his left hand. "No matter", he said, bring his right hand in between us. My circulation became cut off as his free hand wrapped around my neck.

He smirked maniacally as he watched my panicked expression and lousy attempts to obtain air. A chuckle etched through his full lips, elucidating a view of his white fangs. "You should be thankful it was me who found you", he said. I started to feel very lightheaded as I saw black spots in my line of vision. "If it had been anyone else, you may not have gotten off so easily".

The black spots began to increase in size, and I felt my body slowly shutting down from the lack of oxygen. I stared at those red demonic eyes as my vision slipped away.

A gust of wind suddenly emerged and my throat was released as I gasped at the sudden availability of air and fell to the hard ground. My breathing sounded more like wheezing as my vision was slowly returning to its normal state.

I gazed up to see the back of a boy dressed in all leather with blond hair styled in a quiff. I immediately recognized the figure, not sure if I was glad to see him or not. The red haired vampire was slowly getting up from the ground about fifteen feet away.

His gaze fell on Luke as he stood up and a smile broke. "Luke Hemmings!" The red head spoke, "I didn't expect to have a reunion so soon". I was unable to see Luke's face from my angle, by I could tell by his tone that he was far from pleased to see the new vampire. "What are you doing here Mikey"? The red haired vampire, whose name seemed to be "Mikey", appeared bothered by the Luke's displeasure, as his smile weakened for a small moment then returned.

"I can't visit an old friend"? I saw Luke's hands coil into fists at his sides. "You expect me to believe that is the reason for this little encounter"? Mikey's red eyes looked past Luke and glared at me in confusion. His mere gaze made my heart beat quicken as my hand covered the wound he had applied on my neck just minutes ago.

Mikey looked back at Luke and grinned holding his arms out as if he was offering a hug. "Oh come one now Luke, you know how it is", he chuckled, "when I smell something good, I got to have it". "And it was that kind of lack of self control that forced us to flee Australia all those centuries ago". Mikey snickered as his arms fell to his sides. "Perhaps", he spoke nonchalantly, his smile fading. "But it wasn't my self control that caused us to leave our home now was it".

I saw Luke tense at the red head's words, as if they had injured him. "That was different", he mumbled unconvincingly. Mikey snickered again. "Is that what you tell yourself to justify your actions? Are the trail of bodies you leave with you simply a way to cover to up what you did too"?

Silence. The tension in the air was suffocating. I saw a small trembling sensation course through Luke's right hand, but as quickly as it came, it vanished. "I won't ask again", Luke spoke angrily, "what are you doing here"?

Mikey paused as he stared at Luke, contemplating his answer. He smiled as he spoke. "It's funny living the life where time is at a stand still, yet you are constanly in motion. Waiting for your next meal". He licked his lips as his eyes locked on mine and I felt a shiver run through my spine. "And I smelled something delicious". His smile faded away. "But it was a rouse".

Mikey gave Luke a questioning look. "So tell me," he spoke, emotion etched out of his face, "what exactly is your association with her. Last time I checked, you tended to break your toys after they lost their appeal". Luke hesistated and seemed to be choosing his words carefully. Even though I couldn't see his face, I knew the smirk was there. "I guess you could say this one still interests me".

Mikey chuckled as he brought his thumb and ran it across his lip. "I'm afraid you have some damaged goods there my friend, not much you can feast on". Mikey smirked. "Unless she has another purpose to keep you entertained".

I tensed up at his words and felt my cheeks flush as I gazed at the ground. A snicker left Luke's lips. "Well Michael," he said, "it was really nice catching up with you, but I think we should cut this visit short".

Mikey laughed at Luke's threatening voice. "you think so? Didn't know you called the shots now". "You still haven't answered my question". The spiky haired demon raised an eyebrow at his blonde counter part. "You still haven't truly told me what the hell you are doing here," Luke said, "and honestly I don't care. Just get out of my sight".

Silence. The vampires stared eachother down for what felt like hours, days, weeks even. But it had only been a matter of seconds before Michael replied, a smirk placed on his lips. "Oh Lucas you must get better at your threats, seriously man, you have the intimidation level of a chihuahua". "Don't patronize me, Michael", Luke said, his tone revealing his rising anger.

Mikey raised his arms out and gave Luke a condescending smile. "How about we stop with the barking little doggie, and get to the bite".

There was another brief pause as I sat their on the ground, too controlled by fear of the monsters in front me. A gust of wind surged and I a loud thud emitted like thunder. It had happened so fast. Luke had charged red haired vampire, only to be suprised to have Mikey's hands wrap around his neck, raise him up and slam him to the ground, causing it to crumble around him.

Michael began to laugh sadistically as Luke tried to pry the vampire's hand free from his neck and Mikey kneeled above him. "Doesn't this bring back old memories Lukey"? Another chuckle escaped the spikey haired vampire. "I guess time has not done you any favors now has it"? Luke growled at Mikey in which was only responded by another condescending chuckle. "Now now, little doggie, you don't want to be barking all the time". A gasp was emitted from me as my eyes widened at what Mikey did next.

Mikey had shoved his hand into Luke's chest, right around where his heart was. Luke started to breathe sporadically as all will to fight seemed to have been drained from him. Mikey glared at the in pain vampire before him, who was only one tug away from death. "You might find yourself facing a wolf that is ready to bite back".

Mikey then slowly took his hand out of Luke's chest and released the blonde. Luke breathed heavily as he clenched his previously penetrated chest and glared at Michael, red eyes and fangs at the ready.

The spiky haired demon's attention, however was no longer on Luke as the red eyes seemed to tug at my soul and he stepped towards me, his face unreadable. My body began shiver as he got closer and I found myself paralyzed.

He was right in front of me, his crimson eyes staring down at me, as if I was a bug, ready to meet the sole of his black boot.

"I don't know what you intend to do, but if I were you, Lucas, I would consider getting a new pet". His eyes had this grip on me, almost as if with just one blink he could end my life. But I suppose he could. "Just be glad it was me you ran into you, because if it was anyone else Lucas," he paused. "They wouldn't be as lenient".

I released a breath hadn't realized I was holding in as Mikey turned away from me. He passed Luke, who was still on the ground, clenching his bloody chest. Mikey ran the bloody hand through his equally red hair and turned to Luke with a smile. "See you around my little chihuahua". And with that, he vanished.

Hey guys! I hope you guys had a fantastic holiday break and a great new years! I cannot thank you guys enough for your support. Your feedback is really important to menans it does inspire me to write more and hopefully get better. So please vote and comment. I want to know what you guys think:). I am quite curious to read your thoughts on Mikey's character and what his connection is to Luke. Anyways, here is to the new year! See ya later peeps!;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 383 26
BOOK 2 Iris and Stone are back in this emotional short story. Their goal: to save their son and themselves. Sequel to The Sire. Started: 03.21.2023
145K 2.9K 21
●"𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚"● Three seventeen year old boys come back as ghosts, and are s...
7K 271 38
"and in the end she realized no matter how much history they shared, there was never going to be a future." A nuclear apocalypse sends what's left of...
1.2M 29.7K 51
"i don't wanna be your friend, i wanna kiss your neck." artjficially / 2017 / joe keery [SOCIAL MEDIA] [COMPLETED]