Burned (Hate at First Flight...

By ehl_kayy_writes

Krystal Sanders has only two thoughts on her mind when she flies to New York for her interview for her dream... More

1. The Lambo Article
2. The Arrogant Adonis Hoot
3. The Cancellation
4. Swearing at Starbucks Gets You Glares
5. Holding a Burger Hostage
6. The Mafia Tour Guide
7. Goodbyes and Surprises
8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn
9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game
10. Golf with Dylan Rush
11. Winner Takes All
12. Voting for Silence
13. Unexpected Reactions
14. The Extended Bathroom Break
15. Making a Deal with the Demon Spawn
16. Dylan Rush's Advice
17. Bittersweet Memories
18. Eavesdroppers and Suspicions
19. Reversed Chances
20. Discovering the Golden Ratio
21. Frost-like Atmosphere
22. Qualifications of a Kiss
23. Athena Burns
24. Slowly Understanding Douglas Burns
25. Breaking Down Walls
26. A Little Too Much Closure
27. Douglas Stanley Burns
28. Confusing Cowardice
30. Alexandra Hunt
31. Crowd Control Duty
32. How to Surf, Burns Style.
33. The Attention Seeking Boy and the Girl with Commitment Issues
34. Finding Out More About the Playboy
35. Hushed Conversations
36. Failed Bravados
37. How to Speak Evan Queens
38. Confessions of a Burger Thief
39. A Ghost of a Smile
40. Surrealism That Leaves One Silent
41. I Fell for the Idiot
42. He's My Century Old Whiskey
43. Memorable Last Words
44. Making Him Faint with An Almost Kiss
45. Falling for the Son of a Diner Owner's Daughter
Epilogue : I'll Always Be Here For You
Bonus Chapter (Douglas' POV)
FROSTED NOW UP!
One-Shot

29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist

31.2K 1.5K 235
By ehl_kayy_writes

DOUBLE UPDATES BECAUSE IT'S THE 4TH OF JAN 2016!!!

BURNED : RANKING CURRENTLY #162 IN TEEN FICTION. THANK YOU :D

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

Despite the fact that my relationship with Douglas had somewhat gotten out of the 'I am gonna sabotage you and get you fired' zone and we were now in the 'let's try to be friends, at least for the summer', I had many reasons why I didn't want to ride with him to the beach.

Okay not many, but they were three very good reasons.

One, I still hasn't talked to Will about our standing friendship and that that was all it was going to be. Two, we wouldn't know why to talk about since the only things we ever did talk about was my parents death (I didn't want to talk about that), his mother's death (he most likely didn't want to talk about that) and his father thinking he was the reason for my parents death (we wouldn't want to revisit that conversation anytime soon). Three, I wasn't comfortable around him as I'd like everyone else to believe. Honestly, I, myself didn't like the fact that I was uncomfortable around him.

Heck, last week, Prince had jumped on me after his both and knocked me to the ground. Then Douglas had come and offered me a hand. I reddened as the warmth past from his hand to mine just before he tugged me up and I was thrown against his chest. Thankfully, Georgia had called for Douglas soon after which saved me the embarrassment. And lately, I'd catch my eyes wandering to him without meaning to, admiring the way his the skin around his eyes crinkled when he smiled or laughed in agreement at a memory Georgia brought up. Which then always led me to scuffing down a glass of water which sometimes left me choking on it.

So, when Georgia said that I was carpooling with Douglas because Evan would be carpooling with her and Will, I understandably sought to find justification in that.

"Why can't I ride with you guys and Evan rides with Douglas?" I asked Georgia.

"It's your sumer job to follow him, remember? So follow him, by riding with him." Georgia smirked as if she was enjoying my dilemma. " Besides Dylan called me up. They're five minutes out and Evan is not in the right state of mind right now. And if he rides with Douglas, he'll most likely cause an accident by trying to drive them off the road in his state."

What state of mind was Evan in? He didn't seem like the type to lose his cool. And Dylan was coming?

"I can follow him behind in the twin cab just as easily as being in the same car as him. And were going to the same place, remember? So why don't you ride with Douglas?" I was now aware of the fact that Douglas was busy listening in on our conversation whilst in the guise of taking drinks and surfboards to the four-wheel drive twin cab that just happened to be in the Burns mansion garage.

Georgia sighed before rubbing her eyes. "Remember my plan?" She asked.

Her plan to get Douglas over the puppy dog crush he'd developed for her, which simply enough meant not leaving them alone and with less than five feet of space between them.

"Oh. Okay, then why doesn't Will ride with Douglas?"

"I can't drive that monstrosity," she nodded to the twin cab. "Actually, I can, but I don't like to."

"Is there a problem with the sitting arrangements?" Douglas asked as he walked over towards us, locking the car behind him.

Georgia shook her head, answering first. "Nope."

"Good then," he smiled, before throwing me an amused smirk. "Dylan just arrived and he brought Alex with him."

"Alex?" Georgia arched a brow, before understanding dawned and she smiled. "Oh, the girl that didn't know who our poor Dylan is?"

Douglas nodded. "The very one. You'll love her," he directed the last words at me. "She's just like you."

"It was about time that idiot got off his high horse," Georgia said, before snickering.

"Really?" Douglas focused on Georgia, amused. "Still sore because he didn't take you with him as his date to the Oscars?"

Georgia shrugged. "I had Alexander McQueen personally make me a dress for that event and he knew it."

"His agency already had a date lined up for him, Georgia besides he was helping a friend out."

"You ask-"

A horn sounded suddenly cutting her off.

"Let's go guys!" Dylan popped his head out of his sports car. "The beach isn't waiting for everyone, y'know."

I spotted a redhead next to him, on the passenger seat who waved at us. "Hey Douglas!!!"

"Alex," Douglas waved at her. "Lead the way, Rush."

And with another honk of the horn, he took off again, leaving us to scramble behind.

"I thought Evan was riding with you guys," I asked Georgia before I got in.

She shrugged. "Guess he changed his mind." Then she got in and their car sped off, on the tails of Dylan Rush.

As soon as I got into the car, Douglas said, "Seat belt."

Without hesitation, I pulled the seatbelt across and fastened it in. Douglas pulled out of the parking spot and quickly exited the driveway with a wave to the Sam, the guard at the gate. I quickly spotted the sports car and twin cab way in front of us, just as Douglas quickly made to catch up with them.

Five minutes of silence late and following the cars ahead closely enough that if they suddenly stopped we'd meet their rear bumper, Douglas handed me his phone. "Play some songs, would you, Ms DJ?" He smiled at me as of to ease the awkwardness.

I chuckled nervously as I scrolled through his library of songs and then playlists. "Seriously?" I held back laughter when I saw the albums I had back at home in his recently played.

"What?" He removed his eyes from the road just a second to throw me a confused look before he focused it back on the road.

"5 seconds of summer? The Wanted? Justin Bieber?" I listed off the names as I came across them. "Shawn Mendes?" I couldn't help it anymore so I burst out laughing. "I didn't know you were a fanboy, Mr Burns?" I looked at him to see his reaction.

My laughter increased when I saw his face resembling a bowl of steaming hot chilli.

"Dylan introduced me to them earlier this year at one of the events so I tried to listen to their songs," he replied.

"And you fell in love with them?"

He groaned as if I was stabbing him painfully. "No, I don't even like all of their songs. Although some of it is pretty good."

"Oh really?" I arched a brow, interested in this side of Douglas Burns that I would never have believed would exist.

"Like We Own The Night by The Wanted. 18 by 5 Seconds of Summer... You know?"

I didn't even want to say that those were my favorite songs from both groups. "I never guessed you were the type, Mr Burns."

"Then what did you think I was?"

My face heated up because he now knew I thought of him more than necessary. "Uhm... Jason Mraz, Michael Buble, Ed Sheeran?"

He smiled. "They are my favorite artists. I just like to branch out sometimes. And there really isn't any barrier when it comes to music really. Music is...music."

"Is that what you truly believe?" I asked him.

He nodded with conviction.

"What do you think about Kpop?"

"K...what?" He looked confused but seconds later it disappeared. "Oh, you mean, Korean music?"

I nodded, surprised he at least knew that much.

"I haven't really heard any songs other than that Gangam Style and I didn't like it that much, but you can't judge a genre by just one song, right?"

I smiled at that. He was really more than he let on. Who knew Mr Arrogant had this side to him? "Then I've got the song for you." I pulled out my phone and connected it to the car, after of course making him pull over. Then I quickly scrolled through my library and clicked on the album entitled 'MADE SERIES'.

Bang Bang Bang by BIGBANG came on and I enjoyed the surprised look on Douglas' face as the beat thundered through the speakers.

This might not be a bad car ride after all.

[ will try to update tomorrow ] please vote for the chapters so we can move up the Teen Fiction ranking and more people know about this book and the series!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 1K 23
He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her. Reyansh Kapoor: "She is the ocean in which I'll happily drown. " She was a selen...
270K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
1.1M 42.8K 42
Vanessa: There's nothing I hate in this world more than I do Aaron Sinclair. Hate is the only word for it. It's not dislike, it's not envy. It's res...
175K 5.3K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...