Forgotten Darkness (Naruto Fa...

By gaara119

Keira- a young, hurt girl who longs for companionship. Driven out of every village, she eventually arrives at... More

Forgotten Darkness
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chappter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Author's Note
Thank You
Playlist

Chapter Twenty Five

21.6K 1K 501
By gaara119

I was on the verge of leaving Tazuna in Sakura's hands to help Naruto and Sasuke. They had a shouting match in which Sasuke explained Naruto's mistake. Sasuke began to ignore Naruto, which I can't blame hime for.

Naruto wasn't thinking about teamwork, he was just being a baka. Sasuke did the fireball jutsu, attempting to melt the ice. But Haku's mirrors remained strong, the heat not enought to melt them. 

That's it. I have to help. I take one step towards the ice domes, which Kakashi notices. "Keira, do your duty. You must protect the bridge builder! Call Sakura back, and wait to step in until things get bad!" He orders.

Things aren't already bad? Sasuke and Naruto are pretty much screwed unless someone attacks from the outside!

"Have faith in your comrades, Keira." Kakashi called. I clenched my fists around my daggers and nodded. 

"Sakura-chan! Return to Tazuna-san!" I called out. She turned and glared, but made her way to me.

"Kami, I'm sorry Keira-chan." She murmurs. 

"Now's not the time, Sakura-chan!" I say, scanning the situation and coming up with multiple plans. I think as far ahead with every plan as I can, but none of them will work until I'm allowed to stop protecting Tazuna.

Naruto created shadow clones. That won't work. I shake my head, fearful for their safety. I recently began caring for them... just in time for them to be taken away from me! 

I realized that Sakura had been talking this entire time. "I'm just so infatuated with Sasuke-kun that your feelings, other people disappear..."

"I'm pretty sure that's unhealthy," I comment, but she doesn't seem to hear me.

"I just want to apologize in advance for any times I'm being rude because Sasuke-kun is in danger, or being cool..."

"Or, you could just, y'know, change? Be aware of others, not only Sasuke-kun," I suggest. Yet again, she ignores me. Well, f*ck. Be that way, b*tch.

"But he's just so cool, so amazing. I can't help but love him. I'm willing to protect him no matter what the cost!" Those words hit me like a ton of bricks. Someone to protect. Do I have someone to protect? Someone to care for, sacrifice everything for? 

I snap back to reality as I hear Haku's voice. "It was not my desire to become a shinobi. It's painful. I don't want to kill you. But if you advance... I will have no choice. Then I will kill the kindness in my own heart, and fully embrace the shinobi way. And there will be no mercy, no turning back. This bridge will be the battlefield where our dreams collide."

He continues, "Now I must fight for my dream, just as you fight for yours. Please do not blame me. I fight for someone who is precious to me. I live for him, and I face death for him.  So that his dream may become reality. That is my dream. And for that dream, if I must, I will act as a shinobi, and take your lives." His voice was full of conviction.

That's it! "Kakashi-sensei!" I turn to him. He shakes his head.

"Not yet, Keira!"

"No, attack Zabuza! Haku will abandon his fight and protect Zabuza if you get to close to seriously harming him! Fight Zabuza! I'll wait to help Sasuke-kun and Naruto-kun like you wish! Just fight Zabuza!"

Kakashi nods, then grabs his headband. Zabuza chuckles, "Sharingan... You're no fun Kakashi... using the same old trick. Zabuza ran at Kakashi quickly, stabbing him in the hand. 

"If it's an old trick, why did you just stop me?" Kakashi questioned. I glanced at Naruto and Sasuke. I looked back at Zabuza and Kakashi as the mist began to thicken.

"Sensei!" Sakura cried out.

"Sakura, stay with Tazuna. Protect the bridge builder! Keira... go help the boys." I heard him think, And hope you're not too late. 

I nod, then begin to run towards the dome. I hear Sakura think, I have to be strong, and believe in Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei... and even Keira. Wonderful. What a vote of confidence.

I arrived at the ice dome to see Naruto lying on his stomach and Sasuke kneeling, both obviously in pain. I attempted to access Haku's mind, even though it would put me at risk when I concentrated solely on him. But I couldn't get through.

His mind, his thoughts were only on Zabuza and protecting him. I couldn't get any grasp on his mind, any hole to wriggle through. It was fruitless. I look up, seeing Sasuke and Naruto.

Tawagoto*! Was I too late? Sasuke stood suddenly. "My eyes have adjusted to his movements." He said to himself. The Sharingan?

Haku threw several needles at Sasuke, all which he blocked. Maybe I won't be needed. He's fighting hard to protect Naruto.

This power... if I had someone to protect with my life, would I be this strong? I shake my head. No! Love only slows you down, get you hurt. I snap out of my thoughts to see Sasuke grab Naruto and jump away. His eyes... the Sharingan! Amazing!

What's Haku to do next? I turn, seeing him pull out of the mirror and head towards... Naruto? Sasuke goes to intervene, and I sprint to cover Sasuke. But I'm too slow. Too little too late. Useless, worthless. 

I stare in shock at the blood dripping from His mouth, the blood roaring in my ears blocking his and Naruto's dialogue. I catch him as he falls. Why did I have to get close to him? Just for him to die? I never got to sing him that song... But it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm barely aware of Naruto standing as I lay Sasuke down. I'm done with feelings. I take my jacket off. What is she doing? I hear Haku think.

I unwrap my bandages on my left arm quickly. Fakku**. Fakku. Fakku. Fakku. Fakku. I can't take this. Is overwhelming, welling up inside. I'm going to explode if I don't release it. 

I grab my Kunai. Hold it over my scarred and wounded skin. And I cut straight down on the top of my arm, from shoulder to wrist. It was fairly deep, blood immediately running from it. I'm vaguely aware of an evil presence in the air.

Kuso. I stand, the pain helping me concentrate. Kuso. Why? Every single thing I decide to care for ends up hurting me. Fakku, I don't know why I can't learn my lesson in the first place. 

"Is this the first time you've seen a friend die?" Haku asked. 

I didn't listen to Naruto's response, thinking of my own. Kami, I can't do this anymore. I truly can't. If I do, I will crack, fall apart, be destroyed and shattered like glass put under to mych pressure.

"Yes. It is my first time. And it will be my last. I had no friends before and survived, right? This is one heartbreak to many. I can't survive with this again." 

Despite the pain in me, not a single tear made its way down my face. I can't remember ever crying. I always swallowed it away. Naruto slowly stood, chakra swirling around him. I turned to Haku, showing my true power for a plit second. 

I let every wall down, letting him feel my blood lust, my eagerness to kill him. He caused this pain. Now he must be destroyed!

Haku was on the ground in front of me. That was it, a split second. You could have sworn he teleported there. No one saw me move, grab Haku and bring him out to me.

Remember the bracelets I wore? The stone bracelets and anklets were filled with chakra that weighed them down. But now that chakra was all in my body, overflowing, filling me. I felt light as a feather. Without the bracelets on,

I felt as though nothing was weighing me down... except for my guilt, anger, sadness... that will weigh me down for the rest of my life. Stupid, useless, painful emotions.

I heard a growling next to me, and turned to see a demonized version of Naruto. I smiled slightly manically. Well, this'll be fun. Killing the person who caused this pain together! I pinned Haku to the ground with Kunai as Naruto destroyed each and every mirror. 

I suddenly threw Haku into the air, and Naruto sprinted over, punching him in the face and throwing him out of the ice dome. His mask cracking off as he slammed into the ground, rolling over multiple times.

We both run at him, me slowing slightly to allow Naruto to keep up. I have one of Haku's needles in hand, ready to kill him, while Naruto had only his fist. Haku's face is revealed to us, but his innocent face, sad eyes, don't affect me at all.

Zabuza... I am no match for them... I failed... I'm sorry. Naruto stops his fist inches away from Haku's face, grabbing my wrist to stop me from killing him. I strain my arm, attempting to break his hold on me and kill Haku.

"Why do you not strike? Did you not just vow to avenge your comrade’s death by killing me?" Not exactly... I just wanted surcease from this pain I'm in... and I thought killing you might help. "The girl has the right idea. Look at how she strains to kill me, even as you, her comrade, stop her!"

I listen to his entire speech. Mere existence... no meaning. It strikes deep into this dead thing I call my heart. "But now, my usefulness is over. I am a broken tool, of no use to anyone. Go on, Naruto. Do it. For both of our sakes."

Sometimes, I wish it were that easy for me. A knife, and somebody to strike me down. Because I wasn't good enough.

"Sure about this?" he asks, giving Haku one last chance, "The weird thing is, if we met in another time and place, I think that we could've been friends." Naruto sprints at Haku, prepared to kill him, when he suddenly blocks Naruto's attack. 

"Sorry Naruto. My usefulness is not yet over." He murmurs. He disappears, most likely saving Zabuza from a blow. NAruto goes back to the main fight. I go to Sasuke. I sit cross legged next to him, not crying, just calmly pulling the needles out.

Sakura appears next to me, staring in shock at Sasuke's body. She gasped in shock as she saw his still body. Tazuna looks away. "Do not look away, Tazuna-san. He died a shinobi's death, protecting his comrade and you. He completed the mission." 

Mission, mission. Does she truly care more for the shinobi way then her comrade? Tazuna thought. Sakura collapsed beside him. She touches his face as I continue to pull needles out. "He's so cold. It's not just a trick, is it?" She asks.

"Go ahead and let your feelings out, children. There is no need to be brave on my part." Tazuna lowers his head.

"Shinobi way of conduct, twenty fifth principal. A shinobi never shows their feelings. No matter what the circumstances. Feelings are a weakness that only cloud ones judgment and weakens you sense of duty." I say coldly. Sakura snaps her head up from her crying.

"Is that all you can think about? The shinobi way, proper conduct?" She cried, "What a sad, sad way of living! If fallowing the Shinobi way means turning out like you, a ***Tsumetai mujo bitchi, then I don't want to!"

I pulled the last of the Kunai from Sasuke's body. "It wasn't the Shinobi principals that made me this way," I murmur quietly.

"I was the best," Sakura states quietly. "Aced every test at the academy. I loved when they would test us, because it would give me a chance to show Sasuke-kun how smart I was." She choked out. She then fell on top of Sasuke. "Oh, Sasuke-kun!"

To put such an unbearable burdan on a young girls shoulders... If that's the Shinobi way, you can have it. I wonder what happenned to Keira to convince her thay having feelings truly was a weakness. Tazuna thought sadly.

She continued to wail over Sasuke's body. "I need you to move, Sakura-chan." I whisper. 

Who would make somebody move while mourning?!? Tazuna thinks.

"Shut up, will you?" I snap at Tazuna. Keep your thoughts to yourself! "Now, Sakura-chan, I need you to move." She glares at me. "Now, Sakura-chan. I may be able to revive Sasuke-kun." That gets her off real quick.

I'm vaguely aware of a huge commotion going on at the battle, but ignore it. Sakura looks at me, hope filling her gaze. I place my hands directly over his heart and begin to pump. With each press I sent a surge of chakra into his system.

"This is going to sound awkward, Sakura chan, but what I need you to do is pinch his nose shut and breath into him. Tilt his head back so the air can enter his lungs. She nods and proceeds to press her lips to his, far more eagerly than I was comfortable with.

It began to snow, and Sasuke stil hadn't revived. "That's enough, Sakura-chan. You need to stand clear for this." She and Tazuna back up several feet away, and I take a deep breath. With a slight grunt, I force a huge surge of chakra from my body to his.

I feel empty, like a shell. I see his eyes slowly flutter open as I collapse. The world fades away as I listen to Sakura's happy shrieks. Hello? Feeling kind of weak here... The world fades away and I find myself stranded in darkness.

I was Forgotten.

THIRD P.O.V

Baboom. Baboom. Baboom. Where am I? Am I alive? Or... Sakura? Can it be? It is! Sakura was sobbing in joy over Sasuke when he whispered out, "Sakura... It’s hard to breathe with you on top of me." 

Sakura gasps, her tear filled eyes meeting his black ones. "Sasuke! I heard you heartbeat, but I didn't know till now! Tazuna! He's alive!" 

Huh, what do you know. That little girl did it. Sakura hugs Sasuke hard. "Ow, Sakura, that hurts!" Sasuke complained. He began to sit up.

"No! No, Sasuke, you shouldn't move!" Sakura worried over him. "How's everyone? How am I alive?" He asks.

"Naruto and Kakashi are fine. Keira and I," here she blushed slightly, "Helped revive you!"

"Where's Keira?" Sasuke asked slowly.

"Huh? What does that matter, you're alive!" Sakura said.

Sasuke widened his eyes, a bad feeling crossing over him. "Naruto! Over here! Look, it's Sasuke! He's alive!" Sakura waved. Sasuke slowly stood.

"Well well, will wonders never cease. Amazing. But, wait... where's Keira?!?" Kakashi stands quickly.

"Hey, don't get to comfortable yet, we're still here." Kakashi, Naruto, and the villagers manage to scare off the criminals. Immediately Kakashi and Naruto run back to Sasuke and Sakura.

Kakashi grabs Sakura by her shoulders. "Sakura. Where. Is. Keira?" He says slowly, then looks over her to see Keira lying alone. The villagers were celebrating their victory, and Team Seven was celebrating Sasuke's revival. She lay there, broken and forgotten.

Kakashi slowly walked over to her. Everyone grew silent as they viewed the still girl. Team Seven slowly stops there celebration and turn to look at Keira. "What happened?" Kakashi asked as the team surrounded Keira.

"She was trying to heal Sasuke-kun! She forced a load of chakra into him, and then he got up!" Sakura explained quickly. What? That's very risky, most jonin can't do it! It's a jutsu that can result in... death.

"Keira-chan's going to be alright, right Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked.

"I don't know, Naruto. If she's alive--"

"Wait! Hold up! IF she's alive?" Naruto asked.

"Yes. If. If she's alive, the next few days will be critical to her recovery. It doesn't help that she has that nasty cut on her arm." I hope that wasn't self inflicted. But I don't see any other way she could have gottent he cut!

He hesitantly placed two fingers on Keira's neck. "No pulse." He said. Everybody blanched. Kakashi repositioned his hand. "Still no pulse."

Naruto and Sakura had tears brimming in their eyes. Sasuke had a look of deep regret. If she hadn't saved me... He thought. "Still no pulse..." 

Thump. "Wait! Hold on guys!" He held it there. Silence rang through the air. Th-Thump. Th-Th-Th-Thump. Baboom. Baboom. Baboom.Baboom. "It was very weak at first, but I have a heartbeat." Kakashi sighs in relief.

Everybody cheered at once. Kakashi gently picked her up, thinking, You really pulled through for us Keira. I'm so proud of you. 

I'm so proud.

____________________________________________________

*Tawagoto- Sh*t

** Fakku- F*ck

*** Tsumetai mujo bitchi- Cold heartless b*tch

Holy Sh*t, Sakura’s rude!

Okay, I have to admit.

I only stayed up this late to finish this because I was sick and tired of the Zabuza series. Honestly. 

Whew, glad I got that off my chest. :P

But seriously, I probably should've waited to post this chapter, but I wanted to be done, finished with this stupid Zabuza fight.

Okay, maybe I'm a little tired and I'm being unreasonable... (Z.Z)

Who Cares! We are finished! We pulled through together!

Thanks for the support, people!

It means the world to me!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 2.5K 30
❝ Love breeds sacrifice, which in turn breeds hatred. Then you can know pain. ❞ Aired: August 31, 2018 Ended: June 12, 2020 ──────────── ◆ Characters...
115K 5K 25
Kiyomi is Gaara's childhood friend, but she had to leave him just when he needed her most. She is now apart of the Hidden Mist Village. Yet her life...
144K 3.2K 40
in this story you will be playing as yourself, you are a girl who had a really dark past. when you were 4 years old you were left at the front of Kon...
151K 4K 56
This will be a sequel of You're Not Alone (Gaara X Reader) so if you haven't read that one. I highly recommend you read that first or you'll be confu...