As You Are (Camren)

By ccj-11

Camila: WHO IS THIS? More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 4

20.1K 602 152
By ccj-11

Camila POV

Camila: I still don't have the slightest clue about who you are.

Unknown. You should if you have paid attention to the clues I gave you.

Camila: I am at a loss. I give up.

Unknown: Do you want me to tell you?

Camila: No.

Unknown: No? Why not? I'll do it. I can put you out of your misery.

Camila: Idk... I'm scared.

Unknown. Am I the only one who knows you are gay?

"Who are you texting?"

The sound of Dinah's voice causes me to jump. "A friend."

"A friend?" She raises an eyebrow. "I'm your friend. Normani is your friend. Ally is your friend. Who are you texting?"

I guess telling her won't be bad. "I don't know who it is, okay? When you gave me your new number I put in the wrong one and since then I have been texting this stranger."

"Ew! What if you are texting an old man?" Dinah shouts. "You should know better."

"It's not an old man." I get very defensive. "She is 18 and goes to our school."

Dinah rolls her eyes. "How do you know?"

"Because she told me. So will you please back off?" I raise my voice at her, which is something I don't do often.

Dinah wasn't appreciative of it either. "What is your problem and why are you texting this girl? Do you have some freaky crush on her?"

"Would you stop?"

"Fine." Dinah puts her hands up in a surrender motion. "You need to get fucked up after tonight's game. The weekend couldn't have come fast enough."

My eyes go to a brunette who is walking by. Her green eyes connect with mine. "You mean the party at Normani's?"

Lauren shoots me a wink and I look away grinning.

"You don't need to shout, Mila." Dinah whines. "Why are you acting so weird?"

I shrug my shoulders as I walk away from my best friend and continue to text the mysterious girl.

Camila: You are the only one who knows. Someone else might know though.

Unknown: And who would that be? You don't have to tell me if you don't trust me.

As weird as it seems, I do trust this person.

Camila: A girl named Lauren. I think she is the mystery girl I was trying to figure out from the parties who I have kissed. I confronted her about it so I think I basically gave myself away.

Unknown: Did she admit it?

Camila: No, but she didn't deny it either.

Unknown: Do you want her to admit it?

Camila: I really don't know. I obviously would like to know whom I have been kissing, but then again if she admitted it is her maybe it would stop...

Unknown: And you don't want that?

Camila: ...

Unknown: Do you like Lauren?

I'm blushing. I know it.

Camila: I don't know her, but I would lie if I said I don't have a crush.

Unknown: Aw, you are cheating on me. What happened to us being soul mates?

Now I'm laughing.

Camila: Who is your crush? I told you mine.

Unknown: You only said Lauren. Lauren is a common name.

Camila: Lauren Jauregui.

Unknown: Camila.

My eyes shoot open wide.

Camila: Camila who?

Unknown: I don't know her last name. She is a cheerleader.

Camila: Cabello. Why don't you tell her about your crush?

Unknown: Why don't you tell Lauren?

Camila: A girl like me isn't good enough for a girl like Lauren.

Unknown: How do you know? You said you didn't know her.

Camila: I just do. Why don't you tell your crush?

Unknown: Oh. Well Camila is out of my league. Not to mention there are things in my life that have to be put first and that won't ever change. My life is complicated.

Camila: You should tell me more about you.

Unknown: Maybe next time. I need to go.

Of course. I don't blame whoever she is though.

....

I'm late getting to the field for tonight's game and Normani lets me hear it. "You know being late isn't something I tolerate."

"I know." I don't bother apologizing or making an excuse because Normani would rip me a new one.

"The next time you are late you will not be allowed to cheer." She lays down the punishment. "If we had an away game you would have missed the bus."

I nod and wait for instructions. The game gets underway. During the middle of a cheer my eyes find the green ones I've been looking for. I smile as I do the arm motions and cheers. My eyes never leave hers until...

"Walz." I got shoved. "Who the hell has gotten you in a trance?"

"Don't worry about it."

Dinah glares. "What's with all the secrets? Just tell me what's going on."

"When there is something to tell, I'll tell you."

Lauren POV

"Why are you smiling?" Taylor whispers as the game still goes on. "You never smile."

I roll my eyes. "That's a lie."

"Not exactly." She is quick to protest. "Since you've been here you only smile when you get to talk to him, other than that you are moody and sad."

Do I have a shadow watching my every move? "You have no idea how hard it is to be away from him. You have zero clue what I'm going through."

"I never said I did. I also am not blaming you for how you are. I know it's hard, but at least he will be back next weekend." Taylor nudges me and smiles. "I was just wondering what you are smiling at right now."

I look down at the track where the cheerleaders are. My eyes go straight to Camila who just smacked herself in the face with her own fist.

"It's nothing." I answer Taylor. "I'm just starting to get excited for next weekend."

"Are you going out tonight to enjoy your last minute of freedom?"

Why is she nosey all of a sudden? "If you must know, yes I am going out. You should also know that I don't view this as my last minute of freedom. Just because I'll be with him doesn't mean I view it as lost freedom. He is my world."

"Sorry." Taylor gives mea split second frown. "What party are you going to?"

"Normani's."

I shake my head as her jaw drops. "Since when have you been friends? Oh.. Yeah." It's like realization hits in. "Did she invite you?"

"Yeah, but someone close gave me an indirect invite as well."

"Who?"

I shove her. "Stop with the questions, would you?"

After the game finishes, I walk down the bleachers and towards the parking lot. I pulled out my phone and decided to tease Camila, even though she doesn't know I know.

Lauren: Are you going to Normani's party?

Camila: Yeah, how do you know about that?

Lauren: Were you expecting me to be a complete outsider? Ouch.

Camila: No, I just... I just didn't know. What if we run into each other?

Lauren: What if we already have?

Camila: I'm freaking out a little bit.

I look up and scan the parking lot. I find the brunette who is chewing on her fingertips.

Lauren: Don't worry so much babe.

Camila: Babe? Are you hitting on me? (:

Lauren: I would never. Maybe see you tonight...

Camila: Same!

I ran home before going to Normani's. The party won't start for another hour or so most likely so I have time to kill.

I go straight to my room and lay on my bed. Moments later my phone buzzes. New message from Zayn.

Zayn: <audio file>

I click the line and turn my volume up.

...

Lauren: Are you going to release that?

Zayn: Maybe.

"Lauren?" My door flies open. "Can I ride with you to Normani's?"

I raise my brow at Chris. "Who says I'm going?"

"Taylor." He states. "I'm jumping in the shower and then I'll be ready."

He takes off assuming I would...

....

Chris and I show up to Normani's. We both go our separate ways. I try to keep a low profile as usual. I grab myself a drink. As I go to walk away, I feel someone grab my arm.

"Lauren! You made it." Normani shouts cheerfully. "Come with me. I want to introduce you to my other friends."

I had no choice but to follow her, as her grip on my arm was strong. As we approached a group of girls, I could hear arguing.

"Walz, it's creepy." A taller girl says.

"China, knock it off." That voice belongs to Camila.

I sigh to myself confirming 100% now that my unknown text is Camila. China=Dinah, Camila's best friend. Her ex is Shawn Mendes.

"Can you guys stop arguing so I can introduce you to my long-time friend." Normani gets the girl's attention. "Dinah, Ally and Camila, this is Lauren."

I give a small wave not knowing what else to do.

"School has been going on for over a month and you just now decided to introduce us?" Dinah sounds bitter. "Are you trying to unfriend us?"

"You need a drink... or ten." Normani laughs at the girl. "Let's go do something."

It turns out "do something" means go play drinking games. "Who wants to play Lauren and me in beer pong?" Looks like I volunteered as tribute.

"Me." My eyes went to a brown-eyed girl who answered eagerly. She clears her throat. "I will and so will Dinah. Be prepared to lose."

Never. We set the table up and get the game starting. Normani takes a shot and Camila blows it out.

"Camila." Dinah laughs. "Who's dick have you been practicing on?"

Dinah has no filter, as Camila's face becomes dark red. "Shut up."

Dinah is off guard as she is laughing, so I used that to my advantage. I take my shot and sink it.

"Game over." I high five Normani.

"You threw your ball in my drink." Dinah whines. "That's bullshit. Y'all cheated."

I shrug. "I'll see you all later. I'm going to go dance." I shoot a wink at Camila.

I go to the room that is dark and has music blasting and a ton of drunk people. I decided I don't want to go out on my own.

I grab Camila's hand and pull her out to the dance floor

"Come on, I need my dance partner" I say, winking to her.

"Are you sure you don't want to dance with one of the football players or something?" She responds, being bashful.

"Ew no. I want to dance with you, that's why I'm pulling you out here!" I say in a half-yelling voice so she can hear me over the new song starting up.

"Touch" by Pia Mia is the new song blasting on the dance floor as I pull Camila into my body. Sooner than I like to admit, I get lost in Camila's scent as she starts grinding on my body. I hate that I can't control my feelings around her, especially considering that I've only spent a short amount of time with her and most of it has been in the dark on the dance floor. I try to lock my feelings away with everything that is going on right now, but with her it is getting really hard.

I run my hand up from her waist along her side and to her back, pulling her even closer to me until our faces are so close that our lips are practically touching. Camila then breaks the tension and moves her head to my shoulder and starts whispering the song in my ear as I can feel her body grinding up against mine

"All I wanna do is be touched

So touch me

Oh come closer baby

Oh closer baby

Oh, so closer baby

So touch me"

Next thing I know Camila's lips are crashing into mine, her tongue asking for entrance right away. I feel my body being pulled off into a side room somewhere that's dark

"mmm this is better" Camila moans out

Camila pushes me backward into a chair and climbs onto my lap, not breaking a beat with her lips. My hands can't help but to slip under her top as I run them along her back. We continue to have a heated make out session for quite some time, but my brain finally kicks in and realizes this may not be the smartest decision. I pull away from Camila and help her off of me.

"Yeah, those are definitely the lips I've been kissing" Camila slurs

"Camila, we can't keep doing this." I sigh

"Why not?" She seems disappointed

"Well first off, you are drunk. Secondly, I have a lot of shit going on that you don't know about and I really shouldn't be here."

"Me being drunk has nothing to do with me enjoying this, I would enjoy it sober. What's up with you though Lauren?" Knew that question was coming.

"I don't want to talk about it tonight, but I hope that we can get to know each other more and talk about it at some point" I tell the brown-eyed girl as I kiss her on the cheek. "I need to get going, I'll see you soon okay?"

Camila nods, looking a little upset which for some reason kills me inside. I really need to figure out what is going on and if I want to open up to Camila about my life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 8.4K 32
Lauren found out her fiancé was cheating. Camila found out her son isn't hers. Then they found each other. CAMREN AU G!P POSTED: 06-15-2019 COMPLETED...
90.3K 2.2K 60
Second book to 'my little one' Lauren and camila have just left high school and are in a band with their friends, how will this affect their relation...
355K 12.7K 138
(Camren gip) Book 1 (completed) & Book 2 (completed) & Book 3 (completed) & Book 4 (completed)