Someone better |l.h|

Per xxHemmoidkxx

In which Luke is in a relationship with Victoria's older sister, Claire, but Victoria and everyone else knows... Més

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
epilogue

39

4.4K 140 15
Per xxHemmoidkxx

Time went fast, faster than I had expected. It was weird to think that Luke wasn't anything more than a memory to me now. It was weird to think that I wasn't attending high school anymore, but I was actually attending college. Everything seemed like it had changed, except that Harry was still by my side. He ended up at the same college as me and instead of owning a dorm, we decided to share an apartment together. A very cool one may I add. It wasn't a huge one, but we loved it. 

I didn't speak to Claire or my family at all anymore, except my grandmother who was always talking about Luke for some weird reason. I didn't want to talk about him, I told myself that I was over him, but I knew I wasn't. I had tried so many times to forget him, I went to dates but I always had to compare them to Luke and they could never compare to him. I hated it, I also felt like I was cheating on him for some weird reason when I went to those dates.

As to my other friends, Sam and Mia, they were still my friends, but they didn't go to the same college so I didn't talk so much to them unfortunately. Calum, Ashton and Michael still called and skyped me whenever they had time which was nice. Never did Luke try to contact me after out break up and never did I try to contact him. 

It did seem like he had moved on though, every time I looked in magazines or news, they were always talking about Luke and some new girl. I tried telling myself and Harry I didn't care, but I did and Harry knew that too. 

"You know, they're coming back for some months?" Harry asked me as I was trying to turn to another side of the magazine I was reading to avoid Luke drama. I just sighed, running a hand trough my hair. "Yeah, talked to Calum. He wants to meet up." I mumbled, avoiding Harry's eyes, but Harry was too stubborn so he sat down beside me and grabbed the magazine from my hand and forced me to lock eyes with him. 

"How do you feel about that?" he asked. I just pretended like I didn't understand that he meant how I felt about the thought that Luke would come back in the town I lived in for months and I would maybe have to face him one day. "What do you mean? Should I feel anything about that?" I asked. Harry rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "Don't bullshit me, Vic.". I sighed, shrugging. 
"I'm scared that maybe we pass each other on the streat or that I see him when I'm hanging out with Calum, Michael or Ashton. I'm not ready to see him. I know it's been almost a year, Harry. But I'm still hurt about the whole thing and the worst part is that he actually hooked up with a girl a day after our break up." I whispered.

Harry nodded. "I know you're scared, I understand that you feel the way you do. But who cares if he's back in town? You don't have to meet him, maybe you won't even see him. I mean it is a big town we live in after all.". I bit my lip, knowing he was right. "Yeah, maybe I won't even see him? I mean what are the odds that I meet him of all people?" I asked. Harry smirked. "And if you end up seeing him, just call me and I'll kick his fucking ass once again.". I couldn't help but roll my eyes and let out a small laugh.

 "The worst part is that I actually believe you. I mean you did kick his ass that time where we thought he cheated on me with Claire." I stated, thinking back. Harry chuckled. "And I wouldn't mind doing it again.". "He'll probably sue me though, you know he's a big star now and juding by how people are talking about him, he's a prick." Harry stated. I shrugged, hoping he wasn't the prick media said he was. I couldn't think that Luke could be a selfish bastard that only used his fame to hook up with girls, it couldn't be true. He would never be like that.

"I have to go work now though." Harry sighed. He was working at mc donalds to get some money while I was working at some coffehouse. We needed the money, attending college and owning an apartment wasn't free. "Yeah, have fun." I smiled, knowing he would roll his eyes while he mumbled that the only good thing about his job was getting free burgers at the end of the day. 

When he left, I decided to stop thinking about Luke and actually do some school work. I was in the middle of solving a math problem when there was a knock on the door. I didn't ever imagine that I would take math classes in college, but after Luke had tutored me and I actually got good results on both tests and exams, I decided I actually liked math. I wasn't so bad at it anymore either which was nice.

When the person outside knocked again, I groaned, standing up from the couch to open the door. It was probably the boy who lived next door who always needed milk for some weird reason. I opened the door, about to tell the dude to leave, but my eyes widened when I saw Calum standing outside with a grin on his face.

"Calum!?" I whisper shouted. He hadn't changed much since last time I saw him, except that his hair was shorter and he had tattoos. "Hey Vic!" Calum squealed, wrapping his arms around me quickly. I sighed, hugging him. I had missed him very much. "You said you wouldn't come until Friday." I stated. It was only Wednesday today. Calum just chuckled, pulling away from the hug. "I did, but then we decided to leave earlier because we couldn't wait on coming back to our home town." Calum explained.

He just walked around the apartment. "This is fucking cool." he stated, walking over to the record player. I laughed, nodding my head. "Do you want some coffee? Tea? Food?" I asked. Calum nodded. "Coffee sounds good, I'm still jet lagged from the plane ride. I just came right out here after we landed. Needed to come see my best friend.". Calum was probably the one I had talked to most of the boys when they were away. We talked a lot and he was very comforting whenever I needed to talk about Luke.

We both walked to the kitchen and I gave him a cup of coffee. "So, how's life?" I asked, sitting down across from him. Calum smiled. "Good, very good. Feels like I'm in a dream or something. I can't belive our band is so huge right now.". I nodded, feeling proud of them. "No, it's weird to think about how you were just preforming on cafès and pubs before and now you're selling out arenas.". Calum hummed in response, taking a sip from the cup. "And the others? Are they good?" I asked. Calum nodded. "Ashton's happy, but very glad he's on a vacation so he can relax with his family. Michael is too, but couldn't stop talking about seeing the town and his friends and family again though." he explained, avoiding Luke. 

I bit my lip, knowing I was curious about Luke too. Calum didn't tell anything about Luke because he knew I would ask about him if I wanted to hear. I suprised the both of us when I stuttered out "A-and L-luke?". Calum sighed, running a hand trough his hair. "Honestly?" Calum asked, making me nod. "Not so good. He's uhm.. Well he doesn't talk so much anymore, whenever we ask him how he feels he just gets very pissed off. He parties a lot too and hooks up with girls all the time. I hate to say it, but media is right. He's a prick, but he's been like this since you guys broke up. I t-think he lost a piece of him when you broke up. He didn't really want to come back here either, but we told him to think about his family. He worries us, we can see he's not good. I heard him cry the other night when he thought we were sleeping." Calum explained slowly.

I frowned, feeling my heart break at the thought of him being hurt. I didn't really think it was because of our break up like Calum hinted to, if he wanted to stay with me, he would have tried harder. But no one deserved to feel bad. 

"Why would you think it's because of our break up?" I asked, frowning. Calum shrugged. "Well, he wasn't like this before and whenever we start talking about you he gets in these moods where he gets angry and then drunk before he starts throwing stuff around him. He has so much anger inside of him, I think he's blaming himself for the break up, not that he shouldn't because it was his fault, but this is not healthy for him. When Michael told us that you had moved in an apartment with Harry, Luke locked himself in the hotel room for hours and didn't speak to any of us for days. You know he always got jealous of Harry when you were together too".

I felt bad for Luke, I really did. It sounded awful, but I still couldn't believe that it was because of our break up. It couldn't, he was over me. He hooked up with girls all the time and never tried to contact me at all. This was just a huge mess honestly and my head was hurting. I didn't want Luke to feel like Calum explained. He didn't deserve that, but I couldn't do anything about it now. He had chosen to not have anything to do with me so I had to respect that.

"On a lighter mood, Michael walked right into a glass door today." Calum chuckled, trying to change the subject before I felt sad, but I was already sad. It wasn't his fault, I had asked how Luke was feeling and he had told me the truth like I wanted, but now I kind of wished I hadn't asked. Then I wouldn't be up all night to think about everything Calum just told me. Was it really true that Luke was so angry all the time? I couldn't imagine that Luke could ever be that, he had always been the kind hearted, cute dork that everyone loved. I mean, he couldn't change from that person to someone who was angry and pissed off all the time. It didn't make sense. 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.4K 113 24
A story in which a girl is the sister of the one and only Luke Hemmings, but manages to fall in love with one of his band mates.
418K 16.5K 87
the story of a famous girl and her biggest fan. -- completed --
10.8M 265K 49
In which Luke is in love with his best friend Victoria, who has a not-so-great boyfriend. Trying to navigate relationships, friendships and Luke's ba...
301 7 21
Will Luke have his sister Reagan and his best friend Michael break up or let them stay together?