The Struggle {ON PERMANENT HI...

By SALStratton

Life is full of tough choices. Which side do you choose? Sometimes the line between good and evil becomes blu... More

The Struggle
Chapter One, 'It's a date!'
Chapter Two 'I'm Not Allowed Cats In The Apartment.'
Chapter Three, 'Oh My God, You're Such An Ass!'
Chapter Four, "Kiss Me."
Chapter Five, 'I wanted more'.

Chapter Six, "I've always had a thing for lunatics in leather."

391 25 13
By SALStratton

“Hey, Red! Eyes on the prize!” Her voice whispered to me through our comms link, knowing I’d lost concentration while we were planning our attack. Sometimes my hatred for these kind of people consumed me.

“I’m focused.”

“Well good, cause I’m not. I mean, I know that guy is dealing, but damn! That shirt is working hard against those abs!”

I didn’t laugh. This wasn’t a game, or a teenage sleepover, or the playground. This was real life. One decision was all it took. One bad decision could end one of our lives. One good decision could stop that eighteen year old gang banger  from dealing to twelve year old kids who steal from off licences, post offices and small convenience stores to buy crack mixed with crushed glass, talcum powder and god knows what else. 

These kind of people made my skin crawl. 

These kind of people were destroying Gotham. 

These kind of people killed my mother.

“He’s the enemy, ‘Kenzie. You either get your head into the game or I’ll send you packing. Got that?” I whispered, but I knew she’d understand the authority in my voice.

I had been doing this longer than she had. Harleen Quinzel, codename Mackenzie, was a blonde sixteen year old; the same age I started donning a costume to fight the darkness that consumed the night. So she acknowledged my seniority and authority and didn’t complain at being told what to do by someone who was only two years older. 

She was my partner, mostly because she would get herself killed otherwise, and because we made a good team, most of the time, also because she hated the title ‘sidekick’.

“What’s the guy’s name anyway? And why are we targeting him, in particular? There are thirty seven drug dealers dealing in the Narrows tonight, and there’ll be more tomorrow.”

“He was a friend.”

“Of yours? You have other friends? I mean, here I was thinking I was special! How is a drug dealer friends with Gotham’s beloved masked hero?” She questioned, her strong Brooklyn accent asked me.

“Even the best of us can be deceived.”

“What’s his name?” She asked me, her voice softer as she understood the sadness in my voice.

“Fletcher. Joel Fletcher.”

……………………………….................................................................................................................................

I stood on the same rooftop where I had stood all those years ago, glaring down at my ex-friend who had turned drug dealer. I had always thought we were on the same page; we had both wanted a fair, just legal system, a city that didn’t belong to the corrupt and the dangerous, and justice for the people we had lost. His little sister had been brutally knifed to death when she was ten. 

I found out that he was the dealer when I’d been beating the snot out of a junkie. I needed information, so why not go to a customer. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t. Fletch was my best friend. I’d never had romantic feelings for him, mainly because I had been with Oliver at the time, and I had loved him.

I had sent Fletch away. When me and Harleen had done what she liked to call ‘a vigilante arrest’, I sent him away instead of to the police station. I made sure he got himself a new name, a new place to live far away from Gotham and that he got help. I haven’t spoken to him since that day, and he’ll never know it was me that was the girl under the mask.

I was the Dark Vixen now. After Bruce had gone home after our quite lengthy make out session, I couldn’t sleep, so I put on my newest outfit for the Dark Vixen and gone straight out into the night.

I could feel someone’s eyes on me, but knew it wasn’t Selina. She would have already started to bug me by now. 

“It’s rude to stare, you know.” I muttered, knowing he’d hear me.

“Who are you?”

“I was you once. Gotham’s hero, the one who they knew would save them, but when everyone thinks you’re indestructible, it’s easy to believe it yourself, and that’s when it becomes hard to tell where the mask ends, and the real you starts,” I said, turning round to face him. I was feeling open and honest tonight, and I knew he would listen and not try to arrest me. After all he let me go last time. “People around me started to get hurt. My partner got murdered, my best friend became my enemy, and I lost myself. The night became more and more appealing, and in the end, I gave into the temptation, and now here I am. Talking to a man dressed up as a bat, the guy who took my place.”

Batman was evaluating me, sizing me up, before trying to decide if my tale was true. He seemed to believe it, but reluctantly. 

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Not the one you asked, no. I’m the Dark Vixen. Didn’t choose my name like you. Some are born great, some become great, and some have greatness thrust upon them. I’m the latter, which means you’re one of the former. Which are you?”

“I’m neither. Greatness is not my goal. Cleaning this city of criminal scum like you is.”

“Scum? Ouch, darling. Here I thought we were getting along!” I exclaimed, over-exaggerating the hurt I felt so it came across as sarcasm. “I think you’re being mean to try and convince yourself that kiss meant nothing to you.”

“It did mean nothing.”

“Obviously, because two nights later you kissed Suzanne Dawn.”

As I said that, I noticed the muscles in his jaw tensed at the mention of my name. 

“Got a soft spot for red heads, don’t you? Poison Ivy will be glad to hear that,” I said, slinking towards him. His cool blue eyes sparked a little, but he got control over himself quickly, but not quickly enough for me to not notice. He didn’t move as I pressed my body right against his, placing my hands on his muscular shoulders.

“I’m not here to fight with you, B-man. In fact, as a show of how I’m going to learn to behave myself again, I’ll even offer my crime fighting services. You need help, I’ll be on this rooftop. You just have to get Jim Gordon to flash your sign in the sky…let’s say twice. And I’ll come running.”

“I don’t need help.”

“Says the man who is currently dressed up like a bat. Underneath all this Kevlar, darling, there’s just a man,” I whispered, leaning my face towards his. “Men always love women who’re at their beck and call. So just give me a call, stud, and I’ll come and offer my help in whatever you need. Besides, I‘ve always had a thing for lunatics in leather.”

I pressed my lips against his, and he instantly responded. His mouth sent sparks up and down my body, making me moan. He used that as an opportunity to push his tongue past my lips, which really didn’t bother me. One of his gloved hands gripped my waist, while the other had my braid wrapped around it, which he tugged. My hands moved up his chest and around his neck, holding the back of his head, most likely in the subconscious effort to stop him from pulling away.

The kiss ended after a long time, leaving both of us breathless. And then the guilt spread through me. I’d just kissed the Batman, when not too long ago I was kissing Bruce. I liked Bruce a lot more than I thought I would, and now I feel terrible with myself.

I could see in Batman’s eyes the same conflict. I mean, kissing Batman was hot and always an adrenaline rush, but it wasn’t exactly right.

“As nice as that was, stud, it‘s the last time it‘s happening. Professionalism from here on out,” I said, untangling myself from him, and moving away from him. “Just remember, you need my help, just give me a call, handsome.”

“How did you know I kissed Suzanne Dawn?” Batman asked, after I’d turned to the building edge.

“She told me.”

With that, I jumped off the building, free falling until I flung my arms out to catch myself on the bottom railing of a fire escape. It didn’t hurt as much as you’d expect it to, considering I’d done it a lot and was practiced in it. 

I then let myself drop the last couple of feet to the ground, where I tucked and rolled to cushion the fall. My bike was still waiting. I’d done it up myself. It was a Suzuki Hayabu, one of the fastest legal motorcycles that can be driven on the road. It had a black body, but with the dark red detailing on it that clearly said ‘Dark Vixen’ on either side. I hadn’t really given it a name, though maybe I should. 

I drove into the night, with no real destination in mind.

My comms link started buzzing in my ear, and I pressed down on the accept button.

“This is probably not the person you wanted to talk to tonight, but how may I be of service?” I said sarcastically to the unknown person on the other end of my usually un-hackable communications link.

“I thought having Jim Gordon as a middle man was slightly unnecessary.” Batman’s gravel voice replied.

“Aw, aren’t you cute? I just left you and you’re already calling me? Darling, if you want me that badly, ask me and I’ll think about it!”

“Stop messing around. You want to be on the same side? Prove that you’re not just a common thief-”

“Common thief?! Darling, that hurts my feelings! I’m far from common and I’m pretty certain you know that!”

“Prove that you aren’t just a criminal and I’ll consider letting you be my sidekick.”

“Sweetie, I was saving this city when I was sixteen, you’re at least in your late twenties, so you’d be my sidekick. I’m not anyone’s sidekick. You’d be bloody lucky to have me on your side, unless you want me to go running to that crazy clown dude. He’d probably love having me around.”

“You wouldn’t.” He growled in my ear.

“Darling, I do whatever I want. I go where I’m wanted. So you either want my help, or I go and see if someone else does.”

You wouldn’t go work for the Joker. He goes against your slightly skewed moral code. You like order, that’s evident in your costume, the way you have your hair braided without a hair out of place. He lives for chaos.

“Well, darling, I don’t live for order nor do I live for chaos.”

“What do you live for?”

“Redemption.” I replied, before cutting of my comms link, pulling up in my ‘hideout’ as it were. Really it was an old warehouse I’d bought for the sole purpose of having somewhere other than my apartment to switch and change between personas. 

It was a pretty cool ‘lair’. I had very up to date equipment in it, like hi-tech computers, and even an AI system, courtesy of my ex-boyfriend, Tony Stark, and his over-protectiveness. It was his AI system, technically, but he installed it here and connected it to his home in California.

“Jarvis? Can you pull up any information you can on the Batman, and put me on the phone with Tony, please?” I asked, as I swung my leg over my bike and walked towards the giant screens.

“Mr Stark has been waiting for your call, Miss Dawn, for the past two days. It’s been a long time since we’ve heard from you.”

“Sorry about that, Jarvis. I’ve been busy.” 

I took off my mask, and placed it down on one of the desk that had one of many keyboards on it. Then I yanked the hair band out of my hair and shook out my French Braid, as I waited for Tony to accept the call. Which could be forever, knowing him.

“Mr Stark for you on video call, Miss Dawn.” Jarvis announced, as Tony’s face appeared on my biggest monitor.

“Hey there, beautiful.” Tony grinned at me.

“Tin-man, how are we doing?” I asked, teasing him over his superhero name.

“Tin-man, really? I’m insulted, Suzie! It’s Ironman!” Tony said, loudly.

“I know, babe. I need some info, Tony, on the Batman. You’ve got to know something.” I smiled knowingly at him, and he looked at something behind his back. Must’ve been Pepper walking into his workshop or something.

Miss Dawn, I have files from several newspapers, police reports and FBI records too.” Jarvis reported, and the files appeared on my other monitors. I looked at them, as I waited for Tony’s response. Mostly they were just recounting his ‘heroic’ or ‘vigilante’ acts, and there wasn’t much information, until I found a picture amongst them. 

A photographer had managed to get it, and it was a pretty decent picture too.

“He’s some crazy lunatic in a Kevlar suit. What more do you want to know, Suzie?”

“Tony, he’s in my city. I have no clue who’s behind that mask, and it’s bugging me. And who are you to talk anyway, Mr Crazy Lunatic in an Iron Suit?”

“You’re making a good point, apart from the fact I’m not crazy.”

I laughed, and Tony smiled. He always smiled when I laughed, because it was something rare.

“How are you, anyway, Suzie? You good? You okay? Need me to come see you?” Tony said, asking lots of questions without giving me a chance to answer any of them. 

“Tony, I’m fine. Stop worrying about me. But if you did want to come and visit, I wouldn’t say no. I miss you and your erratic behaviour complicating my life,” I grinned at him. “Jarvis, could you run a facial recognition programme on this photo please? Narrow the search down to rich, under thirty year olds who probably have a lot of free time and resources, so probably work as a higher up in some kind of corporation.”

“I’ll try my best, Miss Dawn.”

“Thank you, J. Tony, why don’t you come down next weekend? You can meet my new boyfriend, if you fancy playing nice.”

“New boyfriend? Who is he? Jarvis, get ready to do a background check! Come on, spill the beans!”

“Tony, the background check isn’t exactly necessary, he’s Bruce Wayne.”

Tony seemed speechless. He kept opening his mouth, and then closing it again. The silence was very out of character for him.

“I forbid it! He’s a douche. He sleeps with a woman, then gets his butler to drive her home the next morning!”

“Go get Happy, so I can ask him how many times he’s had to drive home your one night stands!”

“I’ve got Pepper now. I’m engaged. I’m a completely monogamous man!” 

“Babe, you know I care about you a lot, and I appreciate everything you do for me, but I’m a big girl and I can date whoever I want to. So, Tony my dearest, can I count on seeing you next weekend? Bring Pep, we’ll make it a party!” I smiled, putting on my doe eyes and pouting.

“No! No. You know I can’t resist that face! It’s not fair, Dawn!” 

“Alls fair in love and war, Tony, you know that!” I laughed, flipping my hair over my shoulder. “Just say you’ll come and I won’t have to fly over to California and kick your ass, which you know I can do in or out of that suit of yours.”

Tony huffed at me, like the little kid he really was, and turned his head and called Pepper over. I grinned as her face appeared on the monitor.

“Hey there, stranger! What’s this about a party?” Pepper asked, a friendly smile on her face as she spoke.

“A ‘Tony needs to get a real life and let me see my favourite CEO in the world’ party,” I said, grinning as she laughed at me. “I miss you guys! I’m feeling crazy deprived!”

“We’ll be there. Tony has no meetings that he won’t attend and I don’t have any meetings either.” Pepper said.

“Great! A Suzanne Dawn/Tony Stark party! What shall we do for a theme?” Tony pondered out loud, running a hand through his hair.

“We did Playboy Bunny two years ago,  so that’s out. Toga party is also out. Maybe we should do a Hollywood theme. So you basically can rock up in a suit, me and Pep make ourselves into some Hollywood starlets and everyone else will look pale in comparison to our natural beauty,” I said, bringing up a different article about the Batman. Pepper had been giggling about my natural beauty comment, until she noticed my face. I was really curious about Batman, and I had suddenly felt less joke-ey and more serious. “Hey, Pep, what do you think about this Batman character?”

“He’s a hero, like Tony. Both completely crazy, obviously, but heroes none the less.”

“Yeah…I guess.”

“You’ve had a run in with him, haven’t you?” Pepper said, a knowing smile on her face.

“A couple. First time, I managed to be pulled back into a relapse by Selina. I swear to God, I have none of the goods, and she even didn’t take that much, and also in my defence, she did blackmail me into it. Anyway, I just saw Bats twenty minutes ago. I think we’ve developed a unique working relationship-”

“Which means that you both like each other, you’re playing the sarcastic hard to get sex goddess, and he’s struggling to keep up his indifferent persona, because you’re tempting him too much.”

“You know me so well, Tony!” I joked, as we all laughed. “I can’t help it if I just exude sex appeal, Tin-man.” 

“Stop with the Tin-man comments! It’s Ironman!” 

“Sorry, darling. Forgot how sensitive you can be.” I grinned at him, as he started to huff again.

“Miss, I’ve finished with the facial recognition programme, and I have four possibilities that live in Gotham. Shall I bring them up onto the monitors?”

“Yes please, Jarvis. That would be fantastic. So, Stark, you, me, Pep, and Bruce should have dinner before the party. We can go get shawarma. A shawarma restaurant opened a block away from my apartment. Its gotten some good reviews.” I said, waiting for an answer, and waiting for the images to appear on my screen.

“Sure thing, Dawn. Shawarma is my weakness.”

“I know, Stark…Hold on a minute…” I said, as the pictures started to appear. I stared at the screen, my eyes taking it in…before I started laughing hysterically.

“What’s funny?”

“B-bruce f-fits B-batman’s d-description!” I giggled, before taking a couple of quick breaths so I didn‘t sound like I had a stutter. “Dear lord, that’s rich!”

“Why is it hard to believe that Wayne could be Batman?” Tony’s questioned completely stopped my laughter, and I stared up at him, an eyebrow raised.

“You know something you shouldn’t. Spill it.”

“Nope. I know nothing.”

“Fine. I expect you to be here next weekend. No excuses, no complaints. Bye, Pepper. Bye, Tony.” With that, Jarvis cut them off, sensing I was going for the dramatic hang up. J was obviously used to Tony’s dramatics.

“Jarvis, out of the four possibilities, have any of these lost a relative here in Gotham?”

“Bruce Wayne, miss.”

“Of course, he’d be the only one. I need more proof. If not, he’s just some billionaire playboy and not a hot vigilante. Jarvis, save all this information. I’ll be back in a few days. It’s time we found out who Bruce Wayne is exactly.”

………………………………............................................................................................................................

I knocked on the door to Wayne Manor, expensive wine bottle in one hand, and a handbag in the other. I was executing the first part of my plan. 

Bruce hadn’t been awake in the board meeting with Mr Lau this morning, which had seriously pissed me off. It was his job! Why couldn’t he be professional? I had been out for most of the night, and yet, I was still awake, and listening to the Chinese businessman prattle on about his ‘perfectly legal’ business. I’d seen his paperwork and his figures suggested anything but legal activity. 

Anyway that’s not the point. I had left straight after the meeting, smacking Bruce on the head on my way out to wake him up. Then I’d spent the day organising a fundraiser for the Gotham City Police Department. I was going to make it a yearly thing. And here I was, executing Part One of the Unmasking. 

Alfred opened the door, and smiled when he saw me. 

“Miss Dawn, what an unexpected surprise!”

“I think that’s the point of surprises, Alfred. That they’re unexpected,” I grinned at him. “Is Bruce home?”

“You’re in luck, Miss Dawn. You picked the one night he’s actually chosen to stay here rather than at the penthouse.” Alfred smiled back at me, and let me pass. 

“Guess it’s my lucky night,” A voice said, from somewhere above my head. “My beautiful girlfriend has decided to grace me with her presence after assaulting me earlier today.”

I smirked at Alfred’s confused expression.

“I was exhausted, because I didn’t get much sleep last night, and there he was napping in a meeting he insisted we set up! I only smacked him on the back of the head as I walked out the boardroom! Shouldn’t sleep when I want to be doing the exact same thing.” 

“Why didn’t you get much sleep last night?” Bruce asked, appearing next to me.

“Nightmares. Nothing out of the normal.” I lied, with an easy smile.

“What did you have a nightmare about?”

“Childhood trauma. I didn’t come here to complain about my lack of sleep, or the fact you were rudely napping in a meeting. I thought we could just hang out, and discuss some things.” I smiled.

“What things?” Bruce questioned, warily.

“Plans I’ve made for next weekend. Are you really going to make me stand in the foyer and talk about this? I’ve been working all day and my feet hurt!” I whined, and truthfully my feet did really hurt.

“It’s your own fault for wearing those ridiculous shoes!” Bruce smirked.

“Hey! These are a work essential…that and I’m actually quite short,” I joked. “Anyway, I have a couple of requests to make to my boyfriend, if that’s alright, and if you make me stand here any longer, I’ll just disappear for the next week and you’ll be deprived of my presence.”

“I wouldn’t want that! Come on, we’ll open that bottle of wine and talk about this pressing matter!” He teased me, taking my hand and leading me down the hall to the living room. 

I’d barely set foot into the room, when Bruce spun me around and pressed his lips feverishly to mine. I grinned against his lips, almost forgetting why I was here, and just went with it. My mouth moulded to his, and my hands tangled into his hair, holding his head close to mine. I felt my back press against the wooden door, and one of Bruce’s hands went to my left thigh, lifting my leg and hooking it around his waist, his free arm wrapping itself around my waist.

I nibbled on his bottom lip, satisfied when I heard a groan in the back of his throat. He moved us away from the door, as I detached my lips from his, and began an assault on his neck. I think he got that I was torturing him; I kissed, sucked, licked and scraped my teeth across the soft skin on his neck, earning myself a growl. He could probably feel my smug smirk against his skin, just before he dropped me onto a wide couch, and draped himself over me.

Once again he pulled my knees up until my legs were wrapped around his waist and he was flush against me. There was no space between our bodies, and things were getting very heated. His fingers were deftly working on the buttons of my blouse, and mine were fiddling with his belt, until a knock interrupted us.

We sat up quickly, and I buttoned up my shirt, while he re-buckled his belt, and then worked on our hair, trying to make it look like nothing had gone on. 

“Come in.” Bruce called, as I quickly wiped off all lipstick from his face and my own.

Alfred walked in with two glasses, and took the bottle of wine off of a end table. I don’t remember putting it there, but I guess my mind was a bit preoccupied at the time. He placed the two wine glasses on the coffee table in front of us, and opened the bottle, still not saying a word.

He poured some wine into both glasses, before turning round to leave.

“Thank you, Alfred!” I said, to the retreating man’s back.

He turned round with a smile, and then looked at Bruce.

“Master Wayne, you’ve got some lipstick on your neck. Enjoy the wine.” 

And with that, the old butler began his stride once more, and closed the door behind him as he walked out of the door.

I looked at Bruce, who’s eyes had darkened with lust once more, but when he leant in, I put a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

“I just remembered why I came here to begin with, and the make-out session will have to wait.”

Bruce almost pouted, but leaned back slightly, giving me some space.

“What did you want to talk about?”

“How would you like to go on another double date with your girlfriend and two of her closest friends and accompany her to a party she‘s throwing the weekend after next?” I asked, putting my hand on his thigh, hoping that it would be distracting enough for him to just say yes.

“Which friends?”

“You’ve probably heard of him, but I want you to say yes first. Otherwise, there’ll be this other man monopolising my time for a whole weekend…are you the jealous type?” I questioned.

“If I say yes to the date and the party, what do I get out of it?” Bruce asked, settling back into the couch, and eyeing me with interest. His blue eyes seemed to burn holes in me from the intensity of his stare, and I almost spontaneously combusted right then and there. Almost.

“You get to spend time with me, you get to meet someone who knows a lot of my dirty, shameful secrets, and I’ll even throw in a favour you can collect at any time.” I replied, smiling and knowing that I was about to get my way. I could see the cogs in Bruce’s brain turning as he thought it over.

“I’m sure I can work my schedule around it. What day and time are we having dinner?” Bruce questioned, making my smile instantly wider.

“Next Friday at eight. The party will be next Saturday. Oh, and my benefit for the GCPD is this Friday. I already had Alfred and Lucius free up your schedule for that. And…that’s it, I think. All requests and demands have been made. The make-out session may continue!” I grinned, grabbing a fistful of his shirt and pulling him towards me, letting my own body fall backwards until it hit the couch cushion, and Bruce loomed over me.

His lips caressed my own, and the expensive bottle of wine I’d bought wasn’t needed and subsequently wasted in that moment. Of course I didn’t need to butter him up, he was trying to bend over backwards to prove to me that he deserved a chance. And I was bending over backwards to believe him.

With his mouth on mine, hot and hard, I didn’t need much convincing. All coherent thoughts were wiped from my mind. It was pure human instinct. Our lips moved quick against each other, hands roaming up and down equally taut and toned bodies.

Bruce’s mouth left mine, but he trailed hot, burning kissed along my jaw, and down my neck and shoulders.

I was breathless, needless to say. My legs were wrapped around his waist, and my arms were wrapped around his neck, my fingers digging into his back as Bruce continued his ministrations.

When Bruce started to unbutton my shirt again, I thought it was probably wise to stop him.

“I should really get home, Bruce.”

“Why don’t you stay the night?” Bruce asked, nipping along my jaw line, forcing me to bite my lip to stop myself from moaning. 

“You are tempting me.” I sighed.

“Well then give into temptation.”

“But I’d be violating my three date rule! It’s sacred!” I gasped, as he sucked on the spot my pulse was strongest in my neck.

“Three date rule? You’re that girl?” He murmured, his breath tickling my skin as he spoke.

“I’m gonna change your life. I’m that girl. If you play your cards right Friday, I’ll count this as date two and my gala as date three. I’m still a lady after all, Mr. Wayne.”

Bruce laughed, and pecked my lips once.

“You know you can stay the night without us having sex, right?” Bruce questioned, pulling us both up so we were sat up, with me in his lap. I smiled at him, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. This was weird. Not too long ago, I despised this man, or thought I did. Obviously I didn’t hate him as much as I thought, otherwise we probably wouldn’t be making out on his couch, and looking at each other like this. 

“Are you sure you’re the Bruce Wayne I heard about in the papers? Wouldn’t they get a shock if they found out you invited a girl to sleep, and actually slept! It could ruin your deplorable reputation, you know.” I joked, running my hands up his chest, then leaving them gripping his broad shoulders. 

“I know. But who can cuddle up to a deplorable reputation?” Bruce retorted.

“That is true. I didn’t peg you for the cuddling type, though.” I said, with a smirk.

“Don’t judge a book by its cover.” 

“Yeah I’ve been told that before. Looks and character can be deceiving,” I murmured, staring into his eyes. Those eyes always looked familiar before, like I’d spent more time than I actually had staring into them. Perhaps if Bruce Wayne and Batman were one and the same I actually had. If that was true, I would feel a lot better about kissing Batman.

“I’ve just had a thought.”

“Well please, by all means Miss Dawn, share with me this thought you’ve had!” Bruce said, playfully.

“If this relationship we have going on is truly real…then you have a test to pass, Mr Wayne!” I grinned in evil glee, as several thoughts whirred through my head. 

“What test? Haven’t I already passed?” Bruce whined.

“You’ve met Harry Turner, and gotten his seal of approval…now its time to meet my surrogate father, Jim Gordon. I cannot wait for that.” I laughed at his confused face. Bruce didn’t look like he was confused very often, so it was funnier than it really was.

“What’s so bad about me officially meeting Jim as your boyfriend?” Bruce questioned.

“Harry was the seemingly neglectful father, so that made Jim my overprotective father when I was growing up and even now. I was escorted to my office this morning by armed security. Thanks for the office, by the way. I don’t really need it because I’ve got an office at Turner Industries, but thank you anyway,” I said,  giving Bruce a quick kiss. “Anyway, you should make some more time in your ‘busy’ schedule to go with me to Jim and Barbara’s Monday for Barbara’s meatloaf. It is the best meatloaf you’ll have ever tasted. I would kill to have that meatloaf.”

“Are you sure you’re not overselling the meatloaf?” Bruce said, grinning at me and catching my wrist before I could swat his arm.

“Not at all. But you’ll have to go and judge for yourself.” I’m not ashamed to admit that I used my perfected Bambi eyes on him, just in case he even thought of saying no to me. Bruce 

“Has anyone ever been able to refuse you with those eyes?” Bruce asked me.

“Harry refused them a lot when I was a kid. Are you trying to say that they aren’t working on you?” 

“Of course they’re working. How could those eyes not work on anyone?” Bruce whined. “Will Jim Gordon have a weapon at this meal?”

“You aren’t afraid of Jim are you? He’s the nicest man I’ve ever known other than Mr Fox and Alfred! You’ll be fine. Besides, Barbara would never let Jim have his gun out in front of a guest. Unless they knock her meatloaf…” I added on the last part to tease him, and he smiled at me, knowing that was what I was doing, and shook his head. I pressed my lips to his again, a soft, lingering kiss that left us both completely disappointed when I pulled away. Standing up, I looked down at him with a sultry smile and a mischievous twinkle in my eyes.

“So which way is it to the bedroom?”

Bruce quickly stood up, and lifted me up by my waist, causing an eruption of squeals to fall from my mouth as he threw me over his shoulder and all but ran out the living room and up the stairs to his bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 944 30
It has been 10 years since Bruce had left Gotham and Selina was still heartbroken and angry at what he did. She was left to look after there daughter...
14.6K 398 49
Joker felt an arm wrap around him, and he flinched, kicking them away with a gasp. His eyes widened when he watched Bruce Wayne stumble back with a s...
19.1K 393 25
The Dark Knights Moon Flower. (Still under serious edits) What if Bruce had never met Selina Kyle? What if Bruce Never fell in Love with Selina? ...
33.8K 1.4K 28
Inbetween crime fighting there's life. Life for Batman and Superman even if their villains don't see that. Batman especially has been dealing with mo...