1. | INDIGO [S. STILINSKI]

By sourstiles

❝ I hate it. I hate not remembering. I want to. I want to remember what it was like to have something, someon... More

chapter one: [literal new girl]
chapter three: [he likes someone else]
chapter four: [crazy therapist]
chapter five: [stupid purple flower]
chapter six: [blood smells]
chapter seven: [Lydia?]
chapter eight: [finding star wars]
chapter nine: [saving sheriff]
chapter ten: [don't do it]
chapter eleven: [useless]
chapter twelve: [need that necklace]
chapter thirteen: [leave me alone]
chapter fourteen: [first, and maybe, last dance]
chapter fifteen: [a not-so patient patient]
chapter sixteen: [scream sisters]
chapter seventeen: [don't tell him]
chapter eighteen: [were-lizard]
chapter nineteen: [surprises? ice rinks?]
chapter twenty: [ice skate date]
chapter twenty-one: [gone swimming]
chapter twenty-two: [lydia protection program]
chapter twenty-three: [clubbing]
chapter twenty-four: [restraint]
chapter twenty-five: [raving regrets]
chapter twenty-six: [i hate you]
chapter twenty-seven: [i need you]
chapter twenty-eight: [all-star player]
chapter twenty-nine: [only you]

chapter two: [heartfelt interrogation]

73.4K 2.2K 4.3K
By sourstiles

"And here you are living, despite it all."

    Indigo's POV

   "But if you play, I'll have no one to talk to on the bench." Stiles whined. "Are you really gonna do that to your best friend?"

  "I can't sit out again. My whole life is sitting on the sidelines." Scott sighed, throwing his bag on the grass. "This season- I make first line."

  I rolled my eyes at Scott's dramatic words, allowing myself to see on the metal bench while the boys walked over to the field. I noticed Scott walked to the goal, a worried look on his face. Stiles sat next to me with the same look.

  "What's wrong with Scott?" I spoke up, looking at Stiles. His eyes widened, before he cleared his throat and looked at Scott.

   "He doesn't do goal." He sighed.

"Well-" I breathed out. "First for everything, right?"

  As soon as I finished, Scott slammed to the ground, a lacrosse ball hitting him square in the face. I winced at how hard he fell back, hearing him groan from all the way over here.

"Hey, way to catch it with your face, McCall!" I heard someone shout.

  I was slightly angry, it was his first time playing goal.

Scott abruptly stood up, getting back into a ready position. The next player did the same, scooping up a ball into his lacrosse stick. He started sprinting towards the goal, before lifting up his stick. He swung it forward, sending it straight to the goal.

   And straight into Scott's goalie stick.

My eyes shot open in surprise, the difference between the first and second shot having extremely different outcomes. He actually caught it.

   I looked over to Stiles who had looked just as surprised as I was. He noticed me staring and shrugged, not knowing how Scott managed to actually do it.

  I looked back and the practice continued, Scott catching shots over and over. He looked more and more surprised after each one, as if he didn't think he'd be able to either. By the time every player had shot, Scott already had his goalie stick in place, ready to catch it.

˛

   "I don't know what it was." Scott shrugged, stepping across the small creek. "It was like- I had all the time in the world to catch the ball."

I huffed as I followed after him, Stiles behind me as I cautiously made my way over the small path of water. I had my hands in the air next to me, trying to balance myself as I stepped on the rocks that made a bridge.

  "And that's not the only weird thing." Scott added.

I paused my feet and looked up at him questioningly. Where the hell was this going?

  "I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things."

"Smell things?" I spoke up, my eyebrows cinched.

  "Like what?" I heard Stiles breathe out as we reached land, stepping off the last rock.

"Like the mint Mojito gum in your pocket." Scott dead-panned.

  I turned around to see Stiles roll his eyes and dig his hand into his pocket.

"I don't have any-" And sure enough, he pulled out a red piece of gum, staring at it like he didn't even know it was in there. He scoffed and shoved it back in his jacket and started walking again.

   "So all this started with- the bite?" I asked, walking beside Scott. He almost froze in place, a panicked expression on his face.

    "What if it's like an infection, like, my body's flooding with adrenaline before I got into shock or something?" He rambled.

"You know what-" Stiles spoke up, making me and Scott turn to look at him. "I think I've heard of this."

  "It's a specific kind of infection." He nodded.

"Are you serious?" Scott said, his eyes wide.

  "Yeah, I think it's called... lycanthropy." Stiles sighed.

"What's that?" I asked. "Is that bad?"

  "Oh, yeah. It's the worst. But only once a month." Stiles waved off.

"Once a month?" Scott asked, confused.

"Mhm. On the night of the full moon." And Stiles proceeded to howl to the sky, laughing as he did so.

What did that mean? I stood still, confused, but Scott understood and rolled his eyes at Stiles before shoving him.

"Hey. Hey." Stiles chuckled, his laugh dying down. "You're the one who heard a wolf howling."

  "Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me." Scott snapped, annoyed with Stiles attitude about this.

"I know!" Stiles smiled. "You're a werewolf!"

"Obviously I'm kidding." Stiles poke up. "But- if you see me trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's 'cause this Friday's a full moon"

    Scott rolled his eyes, and looked to the ground, suddenly worried.

"No, I could've sworn this was it." He shook his head, shuffling around the leaves. "I saw the body, the deer came running, I dropped my inhaler..."

   "Maybe the killer moved the body?" I suggested. Stiles nodded.

"If he did, I hope he left my inhaler. Those things are like 80 bucks." He complained.

I rolled my eyes and looked away from Scott, my eyes catching a black figure. A man in full leather and black, just standing and glaring at us. I froze in place and tapped the nearest body to me, hitting Stiles in the shoulder.

    "Why are you-" He scoffed before seeing what I was seeing. Stiles immediately pushed my body behind him and Scott, catching his attention. Scott looked up with the same scared expression.

"What are you doing here?" The man snapped. "This is private property."

    "Uh, sorry man. We didn't know." Stiles apologized, his arm still slightly fencing me behind them.

"Yeah-" Scott nodded. "We were just looking for something but, uh, forget it."

   As soon as Scott finished, the man tossed him something, Scott instantly catching it with insane reflexes, just like the ones from lacrosse.

The man began to leave before he froze in place, snapping his eyes to me. His head tilted in confusion, and he almost took a step closer. He frantically blinked, shaking his head and hurrying off.

   "What the hell was that about?" I sighed, looking to Scott and Stiles for an answer.

"That was Derek Hale." Stiles answered, but looking at Scott. "You remember, right? He's only like a few years older than us."

   "Remember what?" I asked. Stiles finally turned to me.

"His family. They all burned to death in a fire, like, ten years ago."

My eyes drifted to where Derek had disappeared, almost sympathizing with him. Not that I remember if I had any family, but not remembering having any counts as losing them right? Unless mine were dead too.

   "Come on." Scott sighed, shaking me from my gaze. I cleared my throat and followed.

"Where are we going?" I asked, walking behind Scott and Stiles.

    "I have to go to work. Do you mind coming?" He asked, looking back at me.

"Would you mind if I didn't?" I eased. Scott shook his head.

    "Not really, but- what are you gonna do while I'm gone?" He asked.

I hadn't thought about that.

   "You're not just gonna sit at the house, are you?" He chuckled. I smiled sheepishly, shrugging.

"She can come to my house." Stiles shrugged.

Scott looked at Stiles as he thought about it, before letting out a huge breath.

    "Don't do anything to scare her off, or- ruin her." He scoffed.

"Wha-we're just gonna talk." Stiles defended himself, making a goofy face. I giggled at his response, looking at Scott.

   "I know. That's what I'm worried about." Scott rolled his eyes, before walking ahead of me and Stiles.

˛

    Stiles swung open his bedroom door, letting me step in first. I smiled at him before walking in fully. I looked around, seeing his bed in the corner. I noticed multiple posters around the room, a desk against the wall with a computer. It was barely messy, some shirts and socks occasionally sprawled on the floor.

"So, Indigo..."

I turned to Stiles, seeing his arms crossed and an interrogative look on his face.

    "Where are you from?" He asked. My eyes widened at the question. What the hell was I supposed to say?

"I- I don't know." I truthfully said, shrugging.

"You... You don't know where you're from?" He asked, confused.

I shrugged, taking a seat at the desk.

   "Okay-" He continued. "Why are you here?"

I sighed. He knows just about as much as I do about myself. Which is nothing.

"I don't know."

"How do you not know?" He pressed on.

   "How could I tell you if I don't know?" I scoffed. He paused, realizing I wouldn't be able to. Stiles began pacing around the room, probably thinking of more questions to ask, that I probably wouldn't have the answers to.

   "How old are you?" He shrugged. I groaned this time, making him raise an eyebrow.

"I. Don't. Know." I stated clearly. Stiles rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, looking almost as annoyed as I was.

"Do you know anything about yourself?"

   "No, Stiles-" I huffed. "I might as well have been born yesterday. I woke up last night, in the middle of the road. Next thing I know, Scott is saving me from an on-coming car and lending me the guest room of his house. And still, no memory. No information. No nothing."

   "That's impossible. There has to be-"

     "No!" I suddenly yelled, fed up with the questions. "There's nothing, Stiles! I- I can't remember anything and that's the way it is. Whether I like it or not. And I obviously don't because I want- I want to miss something. I want to miss my family. I want to miss my old life. I want to remember what it was like to have something."

I felt small drops of water form at the brink of my to cover up my embarrassing break down by letting out a small chuckle.

    "Sorry.." I laughed. "I got really-"

I was cut off by Stiles making one quick stride over to me, his eyes making me realize how deep into my pushed down thoughts I was actually getting.

"But-" I shakily breathed out. "I have nothing."

   My eyes slightly flicked to Stiles, seeing a heart broken expression on his face. He looked more devastated than I was expecting, his mouth parted open and his head tilted. Like he was watching a limping animal.

  I sniffled, frantically trying to wipe the tears the escaped. I suddenly felt arms encasing themselves around me. I froze in shock, not expecting Stiles to get as close as he was. Nonetheless, I accepted his warm embrace, slowly slipping my arms around his torso. I relaxed and set my cheek against his chest, mindlessly breathing in his smell. Almost recognizing the smell of normal t-shirt cotton and something else, but it smelled great. It smelled... warm.

    When Stiles began to pull away, my lips fell into a small frown, missing his comforting hold. He smiled at me, keeping his close distance.

   Until he realized how close we were.

His eyes grew wide and he began stuttering, before he even spoke.

   "I'm sorry." He tried to laugh. "I just- I thought it'd help.."

I smiled and nodded, letting him calm down.

  "It did." I assured him. "That's actually exactly what I needed."

And for the three hours we spent together until Scott picked me up, we talked. And talked. More about him, though. But for some reason-

      I didn't mind.

˛

   "Indigo!"

My head shot to the guest bed room door, seeing Scott rush to it, completely out of breath, a huge smile on his face.

   "I forgot- to tell you." He huffed out.

    "Well?" I shrugged. "What's the great news?"

  Scott, all in one breath I may add, explained his adventurous night at work. Allison had hit a dog and appeared at the vet in tears. He'd helped the dog and lent her a t-shirt, than he proceeded to tell me that he 'accidentally' saw her with out one on, to which I rolled my eyes. But, before Allison had left the veterinarian, Scott asked her to Lydia's party. I was amazed, considering the fact that Allison had told Lydia straight to her face that she had family night. Suddenly, Allison began to grow on me.

"Congratulations, Scott" I smiled. "Allison's good for you."

He blushed and shrugged. "I just- I really like her, I don't know. It's never been like this before."

   My eyebrows cinched.

"Like what?" I asked.

   "She's just-" He breathed out. "Different."

I smiled at the love-sick puppy in front of me, before turning my attention back to my pajamas.

    "As much as I want to hear about Allison, " I smirked. "I need sleep."

Scott rolled his eyes and put his hands up, walking away.

   I shook my head, a goofy grin on my face. It was a nice change. Even if I didn't remember my old life, assuming I had one, this one had to be better.

˛

  "You can feel it, can't you?"

  "It's eating away at you and you don't even know it."

  "Soon, you will. And once you do, oh darling, you'll be craving it."

I frantically spun around the woods, searching for the source of this haunting voice. But it hadn't just started. The dirt and stains on my legs and t-shirt revealed that I'd been in the woods awhile. But doing what?

  I took a closer look, seeing it wasn't just dirt-

Blood.

My blood?

Someone else's blood?

    Whose ever it was, it was recent. I could feel the warm liquid press against my skin through the t-shirt. If it weren't for the fact it was blood, it would've been nice, almost. The temperature of it sort of heating up the skin it touched, while the rest of my body suffered the cold night of the woods.

I felt a pair of rough, clawed hands grab my neck, making me scream.

     "Got you."

   I shot up in bed, my eyes frantically searching what I was hoping to find of the guest bedroom. When I recognized it was, I calmed down and let out a sigh of relief.

   "Hey."

I snapped my head up to the doorway, seeing a dressed Scott, looking at me concerned when he saw me.

   "Hey, what happened? You look like you just ran four miles." He asked, walking closer to me.

"Just-" I shook my head, wiping the sweat. "Just a bad dream."

   "Well, do you wanna talk about it?" Scott shrugged. I almost took up the offer, but I couldn't. He was already worried enough about his super-abilities, he didn't need to worry about my freak dreams.

"No. " I smiled. "I'm fine. It's probably nothing anyways."

Scott nodded before remembering why he came.

   "We actually need to go to school, so..." He slowly pointed out the door, walking towards it. My eyebrows raised, before chuckling.

"Right, um, I'll- I'll meet you at the bike." I smiled, stepping out of my bed.

Scott nodded and walked out, leaving me to change. I walked to my dresser, taking off the pile of clothes that I wore yesterday.

It's all I've got.

    I put on my jeans and red v-neck, slipping on the boots that were on the ground. I walked out of the room, heading downstairs and out the front door to see Scott already on his bike.

"Ready?" He smiled.

"Not really." I sighed, before hopping on the handlebars and riding.

˛

   "Scott, wait up!" I heard behind me and Scott, making both of us turn around. I saw Stiles hurrying up to us, an excited expression on his face. Or worry.

"Stiles," Scott sighed. "I'm playing first elimination, man, can't it wait?"

  "They found animal hair on the body from the woods!" Stiles whisper-shouted, as we walked closer to the field. Scott shook his head, dropping his bag next to the bench.

"Stiles I gotta go." Scott sighed, starting to walk away.

  "Wait! No! Scott, you're not gonna believe what the animal was!" Stiles hurried but Scott had already walked to the field.

"Stiles-" I cautiously asked. He snapped his head to me, his eyes full of question.

    "What was the animal?" I whispered. He sighed, looking to Scott before leaning in.

    "It was a wolf."

   My eyes widened as Stiles leaned back, looking at my expression. Which was a valid expression, because what the hell. Wolves? I thought they weren't wolves in California?

   "Hey, wait..." Stiles asked, his eyes raking up and down my body. I got slightly nervous at his gaze.

    "Didn't you wear that yesterday?"

I sighed and nodded. "Remember that fact that I woke up in the middle of the road with no memory?"

Stiles made an "oh" sound before nodding his head.

    "Do you want like, a new t-shirt or something? I have an extra in my bag." He offered, already reaching for it. I sighed, trying to decline, but he already handed me the soft blue t-shirt. He gave me a smile when I looked up at him.

I sighed and smiled at him. "Thanks."

  He blushed and nodded, before Coach called them to the field. He gave me one last look, than ran off to the huddle.

I looked down at the t-shirt, feeling the softness. My lips curled into a goofy smile before I headed to the school to change into it.

__________________________________

A/N:: another one...  and please remember to vote and comment because they're all gone!

    love you guys so much

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 84 15
When a pack of crazed Alphas arrive in Beacon Hills, creating chaos, can Skylar and her friends stop them? Can the she-wolf save her twin? And best...
225K 4.8K 21
Sequel To "Scott's Mate" **** Ariana Hale just arrived back to Beacon Hills from London. She reunites with the McCall pack, happy as can be. But of...
448K 10.9K 32
{Completed} "in which a girl has seven wonders and seven sins" Shay Marshall has been the best friend of Stiles Stilinski and Scott McCall since they...
2.4M 49.3K 64
Tessa McCall is bestfriends with brother Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. One night, the three of them go looking for a body. Well, their lives cha...